just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I don't like the sound of that Croc set vehicle-wise. I was hoping for a real sewer/lair... Now it's merely a mash-up between the two 2006 sets:

- 7780 Hunt for Killer Croc

- 7787 The Bat-Tank: The Riddler & Bane's Hideout

I'll probably still pick this up but leave the vehicles in the box or bricklink the figures if they are cheaper than the set.

Nobody in the mood to photoshop the Witch headpice onto the Arkham Asylum Scarecrow? :wink:

On the other hand, they've already done an impressive sewer hideout, and DC's vehicle-oriented, anyway, so I expected nothing scenery-wise.

I realize now that vowing to collect each comics-based DC set was probably a fatal error. My 64x64 minifigure baseplate is going to be full within a year.

Also, what's happened to the Deathstroke set? I can't find it anywhere.

On the other hand, they've already done an impressive sewer hideout, and DC's vehicle-oriented, anyway, so I expected nothing scenery-wise.

I realize now that vowing to collect each comics-based DC set was probably a fatal error. My 64x64 minifigure baseplate is going to be full within a year.

Also, what's happened to the Deathstroke set? I can't find it anywhere.

It's still available on Lego.com. Maybe it's just sold out near where you live?

The Batboat set with Deathstroke is still around, though most Targets and Walmarts were cleaned out of LEGO during the holiday season, and a lot of summer 2015 sets have not been restocked there.

I thought I was excited about Scarecrow, Katana and Boomer. But then I heard about Blue Beetle!

Thanks Lego!

JL isn't out until November, Lego Batman Movie will probably have its own line (and hopefully the rest of Batman's key villains), and Wonder Woman isn't out until June and I doubt we'll get many, if any sets for that.

So, there's still room for some comic based sets in the winter wave and maybe the spring.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Yeah me too I don't think we will get many WW sets. I think we will just get one like Ant-Man and Doctor Strange. but I still wouldn't mind getting Steve Trevor and rumor has it that the villain Circe is the villain in the film! so I wouldn't mind getting those to minifigures.

Just reread the Brickset article again, and at the bottom it says "The minifigures are all based on their New 52 incarnation." I wonder if this means we'll be getting the New 52 Superman in the juniors set. All that was said about his appearance was that it was comic based.

Edit: Then again, from the descriptions, Killer Moth and Scarecrow are clearly not New 52 styled.

Yeah me too I don't think we will get many WW sets. I think we will just get one like Ant-Man and Doctor Strange. but I still wouldn't mind getting Steve Trevor and rumor has it that the villain Circe is the villain in the film! so I wouldn't mind getting those to minifigures.

That's probably all we'd get. Also, Ares has been rumored to be a villain too.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

On the other hand, they've already done an impressive sewer hideout.

I've just checked Bricklink, which set are you referring to? Or do you mean the Turtle sewer base?

Oh wow I didn't know about Ares rumor in the film. but I think since Wonder Woman's villains are mostly female i think they should do more females for her movies. just to make them different than some other DC movies.

I've just checked Bricklink, which set are you referring to? Or do you mean the Turtle sewer base?

Yeah, that's what I meant. Another sewer playset would likely be lackluster in comparison.

I'm really excited about these figures, especially Scarecrow and Killer Moth. I wonder what the fear-combine will look like. Probably very rickety and unstable in its aesthetic. I'm hoping for some proper fear gas things this time around.

Oh wow I didn't know about Ares rumor in the film. but I think since Wonder Woman's villains are mostly female i think they should do more females for her movies. just to make them different than some other DC movies.

Enchantress in Suicide Squad is female :P

I know but I am just saying that I think to make WW different use more of her female villains. enchantress is one of the bad guys yes but her and harley are the only ones on the team that are female the rest are male. Katana is a superhero not a villain so she does not count. I really want cheetah as a minifigure

So apparently Red Hood has a red bat symbol on his chest and is based on the new 52 variant as are all the villains in the set.

So basically picture Red Hood from Lego Batman 3

BLUE BEETLE?? Aight, nevermind, Scarecrow set is definitely absolutely no doubt going to be mine. It sounds like a lot of these designs are coming from Lego Batman 3, with Captain Boomerang being from the Suicide Squad DLC. Funnily enough, I finally found a connection between Killer Moth and this whole Suicide Squad theme: he was actually IN that DLC level! Blue Beetle now seems to be the odd one out, though.. Perhaps it's meant as a loose tie-in to the Justice League v Teen Titans movie coming out later this year? He's the only member of their lineup of Titans we don't have yet apart from Raven, who's probably being saved for something a bit different, like a Dimensions pack or a polybag, or perhaps a bigger set next year. Or maybe Blue is just supposed to make for a bug vs bug sorta thing with Killer Moth? I dunno.

Ooo, hey, he said everything was pretty much based on the New 52 designs, is there anyone that specifically says that that's not carrying over to Superman in the Juniors set? Because as down as I am to get Lex in his armor finally, that would become a much easier buy for me if it came with the new Superman.

BLUE BEETLE?? Aight, nevermind, Scarecrow set is definitely absolutely no doubt going to be mine. It sounds like a lot of these designs are coming from Lego Batman 3, with Captain Boomerang being from the Suicide Squad DLC. Funnily enough, I finally found a connection between Killer Moth and this whole Suicide Squad theme: he was actually IN that DLC level! Blue Beetle now seems to be the odd one out, though.. Perhaps it's meant as a loose tie-in to the Justice League v Teen Titans movie coming out later this year? He's the only member of their lineup of Titans we don't have yet apart from Raven, who's probably being saved for something a bit different, like a Dimensions pack or a polybag, or perhaps a bigger set next year. Or maybe Blue is just supposed to make for a bug vs bug sorta thing with Killer Moth? I dunno.

Ooo, hey, he said everything was pretty much based on the New 52 designs, is there anyone that specifically says that that's not carrying over to Superman in the Juniors set? Because as down as I am to get Lex in his armor finally, that would become a much easier buy for me if it came with the new Superman.

Well on brickset it is also reported that Superman is in his classic comicbook garb so unfortunately no new 52 Superman yet.

Red batsymbol on the chest? *cough* Arkham Knight Red Hood *cough*.

Given that the Arkham Knight Red Hood wears a black and white jacket with a not-quite-a-bat symbol on it and the New 52 Red Hood wears a brown jacket with a definitely-a-bat symbol on it and we've already got confirmation that he's just got a printed head as opposed to a hood on top of that, I'd say probably not.

Well on brickset it is also reported that Superman is in his classic comicbook garb so unfortunately no new 52 Superman yet.

Actually no, he says "Superman appears in his comic book garb", no mention of classic. Really it only rules out the Man of Steel suit, although it probably will still be the underpants-on-the-outside Supes. I'm holding onto hope until I definitely hear otherwise, though.

ok so the minifigure line up in these sets are Batman Fear Gas suit, Scarecrow, Blue Beetle, Killer Moth, a Farmer. Batman, Killer Croc, Red Hood, Katana, Captain Boomerang. ok that's a pretty good line up of figures. i don't really care if Blue Beetle is Ted Kord or Jamie Reyes. i like both and i wouldn't mind both.

I don't really care whether Blue Beetle is Ted Kord or Jamie Reyes. I like both and wouldn't mind either one.

Blue Beetle is Jamie Reyes, as per CapnRex's description.

Oh well that's awesome another Teen Titan member to the collection. I personally like both and i wouldn't mind ether one as i said. but its awesome that lego is making lesser known heroes like Katana and Blue Beetle.

also I want to thank you for that information! :classic:

So apparently Red Hood has a red bat symbol on his chest and is based on the new 52 variant as are all the villains in the set.

Man, I hate to even re-open this can of worms, but is it possible that the Batman Beyond-ish Batman minifig that inspired the "real or fake" debate was the test torso for Red Hood? And they just stuck a Bat cowl on it to misdirect?

http://assets.epicbricks.com/img/fake-batman-minifig/RealFake2.jpg

Edited by BrickSantorum

Man, I hate to even re-open this can of worms, but is it possible that the Batman Beyond-ish Batman minifig that inspired the "real or fake" debate was the test torso for Red Hood? And they just stuck a Bat cowl on it to misdirect?

That actually sounds quite logical.

No no no!

We are not opening that can--absolutely no discussion on that figure; there's more than enough confirmed sets to talk about for now. Thanks!