just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Thankfully I picked that up from another EB user for around £6 a year or so ago.

Turns out the BvS batwing is really $60 :( that's awful

Yep, saw this at my Barnes and Nobles yesterday. :sad:

Turns out the BvS batwing is really $60 :( that's awful

I wouldn't call that awful. More like average. Licensed set with 5 figs and 500+ pieces for 2 aircraft builds was likely to be $60.

70 in Europe though... Damn.

This set will very likely be available on clearance a year from now, so I guess I will wait it out.

Damn, $60? I swear on the Target DCPI finder that it had the price at $49.99.

So it looks like it'll be $70 Canadian for me, man that's steep

EDIT: Just double checked and it still says it's $49.99!

kPlhwhi.png

Edited by MisterBatfleck

But if it says on the Target finder that the item is $50, shouldnt it come up to be $50 when I purchase it? This sounds a lot like the Darkseid Invasion situation.

Batwing, Avenjet, and Star Wars Battle of Takanada(or whatever the name is) are all $10 cheaper at Target($50 each) This isn't a listed sale or anything and yes the same exact thing happened with the Javelin last year. And the sets do go back to regular price after a few weeks so I recommend getting them ASAP for this amazing deal.

Since I have the figure I would prefer it remain exclusive. :tongue:

I would not mind if the armor piece itself got re-released, at least leave the printing underneath exclusive. Something like the new Han Solo on Hoth minifigure.

But...but...but...why? Seriously, I do not understand that line of thinking. Unless you're concerned about it's value on the secondary market, why would you care that it remains exclusive?

Damn, $60? I swear on the Target DCPI finder that it had the price at $49.99.

So it looks like it'll be $70 Canadian for me, man that's steep

EDIT: Just double checked and it still says it's $49.99!

This is all just driving me batty! :laugh:

Ah, myself. But really, it may be slightly confusing but it is a fantastic deal!

But if it says on the Target finder that the item is $50, shouldnt it come up to be $50 when I purchase it? This sounds a lot like the Darkseid Invasion situation.

Correct! Both batwing and avenjet set is $10 under retail at target

But...but...but...why? Seriously, I do not understand that line of thinking. Unless you're concerned about it's value on the secondary market, why would you care that it remains exclusive?

I'd like it to remain exclusive because of the aftermarket value. Although I have never sold any of my Lego items, it would be nice to know that i can in the future.

Correct! Both batwing and avenjet set is $10 under retail at target

Sounds very cool. Hopefully I can find one of the sets soon. I really am liking that Takodana set mentioned before.

Fully agreed. I'm not a fan of exclusives. LEGO is expensive enough without the crazy exclusives being added in. I've seen the prices people charge for them and it's really annoying when it's a character that that is the only way you can pick it up. It kind of creates a brick wall for fans of certain characters or general LEGO fans who just want to grow their collections.

Did I mention that I found one sole BvS Batmobile set at Target? I didn't pick it up because money, but I thought it was worth the mention.

Haha, my Target is out of everything Lego after Christmas. I found zip nada, aside from one lone Mighty Micro

Edit: Whoops, Microfighter.

In Europe, the Batwing will cost 70€, that make 80$ =/

Wait, are you just talking exchange rates? If so, your math is off a bit, because €70=$76 USD.

If instead you're suggesting that $80 will be the US MSRP, the US consumer catalogue for next year already shipped, and the Batwing (76046 Heroes of Justice: Sky High Battle) absolutely costs $59.99 USD.

Lego's international prices vary. Often the US gets the better deal, but sometimes all countries get the same price rounded to the nearest price point, and sometimes, though infrequently, the US gets a worse deal. If France's Batwing costs €70, I'm sorry.

I have to say I am surprised that we haven't heard any rumors regarding the summer wave.Hopefully it won't be Batman centered.

Edited by LOTR34

I have to say I am surprised that we haven't heard any rumors regarding the summer wave.Hopefully it won't be Batman centered.

London Toy Fair is Jan. 24th - 26th, I would expect details on Summer Sets by then at the latest.

London Toy Fair is Jan. 24th - 26th, I would expect details on Summer Sets by then at the latest.

Really, that soon? Plus Nuremburg in February, and NYC around then too. So in the next month and a half or so, we should have what we're looking for.

Just got my hands on Kryptonite Interception thanks to brickseek and the nice Target employee who led me get it early. It's a really great seat. The forklift is uninteresting, but as far as forklifts go, it's pretty good. The batmobile is by far my favorite one yet. I love the scale and they've managed to pack a lot of detail and durability into it.

Wait, are you just talking exchange rates? If so, your math is off a bit, because €70=$76 USD.

If instead you're suggesting that $80 will be the US MSRP, the US consumer catalogue for next year already shipped, and the Batwing (76046 Heroes of Justice: Sky High Battle) absolutely costs $59.99 USD.

Lego's international prices vary. Often the US gets the better deal, but sometimes all countries get the same price rounded to the nearest price point, and sometimes, though infrequently, the US gets a worse deal. If France's Batwing costs €70, I'm sorry.

Yes, I know all of that. The problem is the price in Europe are really expensives, and every time. Finally, here, all the sets are between 20% to 30% more expensive compared to the US price. Because "we win more money by month", but it's not real for all of us. Lot of people here can not by all the sets they want. I'm disapointed when I see the price ...

Hopefully the Summer Wave isn't more movie sets, unless there's a good SS set with some good figs. More JL stuff would be nice, the sets last year were cool. I'm still waiting on Shazam in a set and my beloved Reverse Flash. However I'd be happy for more Batman sets, but it'd have to include some new figs, as sets with the standard villains are becoming less exciting. Hoping to see some Hush's and Red Hood's soon, and a red-goggled Mr Freeze.

Yes, I know all of that. The problem is the price in Europe are really expensives, and every time. Finally, here, all the sets are between 20% to 30% more expensive compared to the US price. Because "we win more money by month", but it's not real for all of us. Lot of people here can not by all the sets they want. I'm disapointed when I see the price ...

Like I said, I'm sorry that you're upset about prices, and most of us can sympathize with desired Lego being outside of one's price range. But it's simply not always true that the US price is cheaper; Jokerland this past year was cheaper in Europe, as were the Ferris Wheel, Ferrari F40, Spaceport, and many of the other Technic, Chima and City sets, some of them significantly so.

On the topic of the Summer Wave, I hope that Lego takes inspiration from the Flash TV show- it's fairly popular while still fitting the colorful, kid-friendly aesthetic typical of Lego.