just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Come on guys, these are going to show up in stores at some point this month. It's not the end of the world... :hmpf:

This same thing happened last year, and at some point--just like last year--there will be shelves full of these at Target. I even remember uploading a picture of all the cubes to my Flickr at one point (don't have the picture anymore though). Don't know when, but it will happen. Anywho, it's just a waiting game now.

Just out of curiosity, could I ask those who are really upset about the cube seemingly being gone the reason that you wanted the figure so badly? I thought Lightning Lad was not a popular character. I in fact had never heard of him until the Lego figure was announced, so I decided against spending more money on a figure of a character that I really do not know. For those wanting the figure, is it because of the design, or were you familiar with the character before? I'm just curious because I wasn't expecting this cube to be such a hit. :classic:

Edited by BrickHat

Brickhat, I'm not a giant Lightning Lad fan but I did really like him on the Legion of Superheroes cartoon they had on kids WB years ago. If not mistaken he also showed up in Smallville too. Plus the figure is pretty cool. And a small chunk of my hype comes from the fact that this is a rarer minifig.

Just out of curiosity, could I ask those who are really upset about the cube seemingly being gone the reason that you wanted the figure so badly? I thought Lightning Lad was not a popular character. I in fact had never heard of him until the Lego figure was announced, so I decided against spending more money on a figure of a character that I really do not know. For those wanting the figure, is it because of the design, or were you familiar with the character before? I'm just curious because I wasn't expecting this cube to be such a hit. :classic:

It is how it has come to. A lot of people collect minifigs (especially superheroes) simply for the sake of collecting them without really asking themselves if they know the characters or have feelings for them. As long as they are "rare and exclusive", they just go trigger-happy and jump the gun on them. LEGO is expensive, so it is always good and sensible to ask yourself if you really want them before buying them. Don't let LEGO get the best part of you with all those repaint/rehash/"exclusive"/"Toysrus only".....Your money deserves being spent on other better sets.

It is how it has come to. A lot of people collect minifigs (especially superheroes) simply for the sake of collecting them without really asking themselves if they know the characters or have feelings for them. As long as they are "rare and exclusive", they just go trigger-happy and jump the gun on them. LEGO is expensive, so it is always good and sensible to ask yourself if you really want them before buying them. Don't let LEGO get the best part of you with all those repaint/rehash/"exclusive"/"Toysrus only".....Your money deserves being spent on other better sets.

Well said. :thumbup:

Edited by LegoPercyJ

No, I'm with you. I'm a fairly big DC and Marvel guy, but I'd never heard of him either. The only one of the Legion I even had heard of was Brainiac 5. I have basically zero interest in the cube- I'd rather spend $10 on bricklink on some variant of some figure I missed in the past.

I for one want it for collecting and completioning reasons. As I am getting closer to own all Batman/Super Hero minifigures he is a must for me too. Plus I really like the design and the printing on him.

I didn't know him, but I'm a collector and I like having the most minifigs it is possible for me to have.

And the thing is, there are three other minifigs in the cube so by selling them, I basically get Lightning Lad for free (these figs are rare, especially here in France where I live).

Moreover, LL's design is really cool.

I want Lightning Lad because I love the Legion and I want as much of the DCU in Lego form as I can get!

Same here – Lego need to offer these as exclusives, whether in-store or through other outlets like TRU, in Europe... give us collectors a fighting chance of picking these minifigures up.

Regardless of who the figures in the set are, the fact that there are licensed figures that are available to a single continent and then further limited to a single retailer is something that will cause people to be 'upset'.

There are many facets to having Lego as a hobby and invariably one of them is 'collecting'. Even those that are builders collect the pieces they need to make mocs.

It's one thing having SDCC figures making a very limited appearance and thus increasing in value at an alarming rate... but when you start to add other characters, however obscure, getting similarly limited release someone will be unhappy.

The cubes are now showing up in store just like I knew they would. Someone give me a cookie.

Edited by Super Goblin

The cubes are now showing up in store just like I knew they would. Someone give me a cookie.

Here

Thanks for bringing such wonderful news! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by LegoPercyJ

Oh my, why didn't I think of it before, use that Brickseek DPCI thing online to see if it's in your area!

Edited by CM4Sci

While everyone rushes off to their local Target I'm going to slowly cry in front of my UK TRU... I don't mind regional exclusives with games and stuff but LEGO??? Seriously??? Just a simple kids toy is now being locked into 1 store in 1 country.

What do you guys reckon are the most expensive DC figures at the moment THAT HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IN REGULAR SETS (thought I'd just put that in case someone came up with Arsenal or something). I have every single figure from the DC line other than Bruce Wayne, Bane (the one coming in 2016 racers) and the 3 figures exclusive to that awful Battle of Smallville set. I guess I should say I don't have 76028, but that's on its way in 23 days time...

One last note, is anyone not keen on The Dark Knight Batman figure from the Bat vs Bane set from 2013? It's not very accurate in terms of colour, it's grey compared to a damn all black suit, it's not meant to be a metallic grey.

You can see, the suit is black.41e65D2IT9L._SY355_.jpgbatman-the-dark-knight-rises-filming-in-pittsburgh__oPt.jpg

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

Went to a store that Brickseek said has them, gave a DPCI, and they couldn't find it because 'it's not tied to a stock location?'

Seriously. :hmpf_bad: