just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

post-135840-0-09585300-1454486519_thumb.jpeg

I was curious as to how the full line up of Suicide Squad characters Lego is releasing this year all together looked, so I decided to do a bit of photo editing and I must say I'm very pleased with the outcome. Sorry that the rendering is a bit rough, I threw this together rather quickly and didn't spend a whole lot of time trying to perfect it.

(Sorry about croc's hand being cut off at the top, it was the best I could do with the given material).

Edited by ndunnavant

Wonder if those legs from Zatanna could be used on something else..

I was wondering the same thing, but I couldn't come to a conclusion on a character besides her which could use that combination of colors for legs.

I was wondering the same thing, but I couldn't come to a conclusion on a character besides her which could use that combination of colors for legs.

Maybe Deathlok?

I meant because Lego is aimed at kids and killer moth is much more kid friendly than a violent mob boss with a mask made out of his father's coffin.

I get what you mean but Lego have made a Heath Leder Joker, and he's not exactly 'kid friendly'.

Edited by Legoman123

I get what you mean but Lego have made a Heath Leder Joker, and he's not exactly 'kid friendly'.

To be fair they made that in a >£150 set aimed at Adult collectors.

Yeah. Don't think my little nephew could afford that with his pocket money at £4 a week :grin:

They all look great! Wonder if those legs from Zatanna could be used on something else..

Hilarious :grin: I am sure you meant Katana :wink:

And every time I see that ugly thing they want me to believe is Killer Croc I am so happy I have the original one...

Hilarious :grin: I am sure you meant Katana :wink:

And every time I see that ugly thing they want me to believe is Killer Croc I am so happy I have the original one...

Doh... Katana yes!! :laugh:

Yes true, but my point is the fact that they made him a minifugure in the first place for a product that is aimed at children.

Edited by Legoman123

I was curious as to how the full line up of Suicide Squad characters Lego is releasing this year all together looked, so I decided to do a bit of photo editing and I must say I'm very pleased with the outcome. Sorry that the rendering is a bit rough, I threw this together rather quickly and didn't spend a whole lot of time trying to perfect it.

(Sorry about croc's hand being cut off at the top, it was the best I could do with the given material).

Was thinking about doing this myself, but never got around to it.

They look great together. The only thing that'd make it better is if Lego released a Rick Flagg too (if not, Col. Hardy would work well as a custom).

Was thinking about doing this myself, but never got around to it.

They look great together. The only thing that'd make it better is if Lego released a Rick Flagg too (if not, Col. Hardy would work well as a custom).

Should I buy the rest of the BVS sets because i bought the smallest one or should i buy the three comic sets Gotham City cycle chase, Killer Croc's set and Scarecrow? I really like the Comic sets over the movie sets. but what should i do?

I guess that is up to you...You alone can decide whether you like a set or minifigure. Sometimes it's better to get the set, as you have bonus value in bricks - but if you really just want 1 figure it would not make much sense. I do believe this question / discussion belongs into another thread, though.

Should I buy the rest of the BVS sets because i bought the smallest one or should i buy the three comic sets Gotham City cycle chase, Killer Croc's set and Scarecrow? I really like the Comic sets over the movie sets. but what should i do?

Definitely comic sets!! The movie variants (though most likely slightly different) will be around again for Justice League. We may be waiting years to see these other comic characters again though. Plus there's just more diversity among the characters in the comic sets.

If you prefer the comics sets, then it should be a no-brainer! I generally prefer the lighter tone to the comic-book sets, which understand the inherent silliness of comics a lot better than the DCCU, and the minifigures are always much more interesting to me.

Yes true, but my point is the fact that they made him a minifugure in the first place for a product that is aimed at children.

But characters like the Joker, and the others that were pointed out as having higher body counts than black mask and yet are minifigures, are brightly coloured and eye catching no matter the variant (be it movie or comic based) whereas black mask is not. Not to mention that the characters we get as minifigures tend to feature in current movies or cartoons which black mask rarely, if ever, does.

I guess that is up to you...You alone can decide whether you like a set or minifigure. Sometimes it's better to get the set, as you have bonus value in bricks - but if you really just want 1 figure it would not make much sense. I do believe this question / discussion belongs into another thread, though.

Definitely comic sets!! The movie variants (though most likely slightly different) will be around again for Justice League. We may be waiting years to see these other comic characters again though. Plus there's just more diversity among the characters in the comic sets.

Thank you guys! I will wait for the comic sets and just skip the batman v superman sets. i already have like 2 batmobiles 2012 and 2014. but i will probably just buy BVS Batman off ebay just to have 1. I have some Man of Steel sets but i only got them because General Zod and Lois Lane were exclusive to them so that's why i have some them. :wink:

PS i did buy the clash of heroes set but i will still keep that because of Armored Batman!

They look great on Surman trust me! Additional pairs besides the ones from 76037 are USD $2.22 on Lego Bricks & Pieces.

I assume you meant Superman :tongue:

I was happy (and grateful!) to read this, so I went to Bricks and Pieces to check around for various dual-molded legs. Maybe someone else has noticed and can confirm, but it looks like Hobgoblin's legs are available as well. And Katana's, I think, though they look darker red on B&P than the photos portray. It's just a render, though, so I'm not sure. Plus there are a few more that I don't recognize. (As I'm typing this, a thought occurs: does Hobby use Deathstroke's legs? Is that why they're on there? Bah, I'll figure it out after I post!)

Same here....except I don't have the original. So, basically, just sadness.

Follow your heart, my friend. Bring money.

Thank you guys! I will wait for the comic sets and just skip the batman v superman sets. i already have like 2 batmobiles 2012 and 2014. but i will probably just buy BVS Batman off ebay just to have 1. I have some Man of Steel sets but i only got them because General Zod and Lois Lane were exclusive to them so that's why i have some them. :wink:

PS i did buy the clash of heroes set but i will still keep that because of Armored Batman!

Ah, well, there you go! Yeah, Armored Batman is sweet. And just to throw another opinion at you, I also have a few Batmobiles (who doesn't?), but I gotta say, the new BvS Batmobile is pretty neat-o. Me like. And I've never had a LEGO forklift before, but I'm not sure if I really needed one.

Yay for thoughts.

Edited by rob-ot5000

:laugh:

well thank you! i mean the batmobile in the set looks cool and so does the forklift but honestly its not really worth $30 bucks.

What are the opinions on the Katana figure having gray skin? I was hoping for flesh (or light flesh, they both work) colored skin to match the Suicide Squad, Arrow, Lego Batman and Superhero Girls versions of the character, but I was curious whether people were happy or wanted to commiserate with me.

Also, why is her skin gray in the comics? I haven't read her in the New 52, and the online opinion seems to be split between makeup and the sword and/or mask draining her skin pigment. Is it made explicit somewhere?

@rob-ot5000, yeah, those legs are from Deathstroke. I don't believe Hobby got the dual mold, but people have been talking about using a spare pair of Deathstroke's.

But characters like the Joker, and the others that were pointed out as having higher body counts than black mask and yet are minifigures, are brightly coloured and eye catching no matter the variant (be it movie or comic based) whereas black mask is not. Not to mention that the characters we get as minifigures tend to feature in current movies or cartoons which black mask rarely, if ever, does.

Joker skins a man alive, makes a man masterbate to a photo of his daughter, then shoots him and rapes a woman. His kill list is at somewhere around 3000.

Then in TV he'll just hold up a bank, threaten to blow up bombs and THAT is why he gets a LEGO. Not the first. The first is too dark for LEGO