just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I Heard some where that we might get some new villains in the 2016 summer wave with the Killer Croc and Scarecrow sets. I don't know who but they might include some other villains from Batman like Firefly, Killer Moth, Mad Hatter, Ra's al Ghul. but I can't confirm any of those because i don't know if we will get any of them i just know we are getting a new batman villain besides Killer Croc in these summer 2016 sets! :wink:

If that's a case, it'll be the first year since 2006 that we've gotten more than 1 new Batman villain.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

If that's a case, it'll be the first year since 2006 that we've gotten more than 1 new Batman villain.

More than one new? Are you counting killer croc because it's a big fig version?

So no new Batman villain for one of the other sets... That's disappointing... What are the prices again for the two?

Edited by Ashnflash

We got Deathstroke and Manbat...

But not in the same year.

Deathstroke is also more of a Teen Titans villain, although I guess he has fought Batman so it could go either way.

Man-Bat is a Batman villain.

Yes, but he was the only new Batman villain that year.

I was going on a yearly basis:

2006, we got 8 new Batman villains.

2007, we got 1 new Batman villain.

2008, we got 1 new Batman villain.

2014, we got 1 new Batman villain

2015, we got Deathstroke who could be considered a Batman villain

So no new Batman villain for one of the other sets... That's disappointing... What are the prices again for the two?

Scarecrow is $70 and Croc is $90.

1 > 0

The number of new Batman villains this year really depends on how you define a Batman villain. This is a deeper philosophical quandary than I would have expected.

Red Hood?!?! I mean for me it has to be Red Hood that you are hinting at here... Maybe there is some truth to the rumors that we heard last year of Ra's al Ghul and Red Hood appearing in 2016 after all...

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

But not in the same year.

Deathstroke is also more of a Teen Titans villain, although I guess he has fought Batman so it could go either way.

Ya I re-read what you wrote and realized what you were saying :blush:

The number of new Batman villains this year really depends on how you define a Batman villain. This is a deeper philosophical quandary than I would have expected.

It would be taking a villain straight out of Batman's Rogues Gallery. There are still a lot to chose from..

You know, the tangential reference to plants in the Scarecrow set made me think of Poison Ivy. It's been an annual tradition to use the same minifigure in a set.

Also, I find it strange that there's apparently nothing worth knowing. Was the reporter only interested in Croc? Surely the catalog would be indicative of more.

Red Hood?!?! I mean for me it has to be Red Hood that you are hinting at here... Maybe there is some truth to the rumors that we heard last year of Ra's al Ghul and Red Hood appearing in 2016 after all...

Either that, or it's a hint at a villain who isn't a Batman villain in the traditional sense, but has fought Batman enough that he could be considered a Batman villain. So, maybe Captain Boomerang?

Hold on I second I meant we are getting a new villain besides Killer Croc and Deadshot! and besides we got Batzarro and Deathstroke two new villains from Batman in the same year. My guesses are maybe Ra's al Ghul or Killer Moth in one of the two summer sets. again I can't confirm ether of those because the guy I know from the Lego store couldn't tell me he just said we are getting a new batman villain along side Killer Croc and Deadshot this year!

Hold on I second I meant we are getting a new villain besides Killer Croc and Deadshot! and besides we got Batzarro and Deathstroke two new villains from Batman in the same year. My guesses are maybe Ra's al Ghul or Killer Moth in one of the two summer sets. again I can't confirm ether of those because the guy I know from the Lego store couldn't tell me he just said we are getting a new batman villain along side Killer Croc and Deadshot this year!

He could be talking about the rumoured scarface/ventriloquist?

Everyone please stop listing off names of characters you want or think/wish will be in future sets. That all should be done in the DC Wishlist thread.

Incidentally, for the record, one should take comments from Lego Store employees with a grain of salt. More often than not they really are not in the loop.

IF the LEGO store employee did in fact know something, and that's a big if (re: how the Nexo Knights thread started), the new villain was gonna be in the Killer Croc set, so chances are it will be a Suicide Squad member.

It doesn't have to be. The sets don't seem to be related to the films, and Croc in the comics isn't a regular team member (if at all). However, I'd much rather have a new Bat-rogue than a Squad member, so that's just me.

And I wouldn't trust a store employee, since their information might not come from someone in the know.

No, it doesn't hafta be, but we're talking about a set being released within a month of the SS premiere, and Killer Croc is a main member in the movie version of the squad. So, like I said, chances are it'll be another squad member or a character featured in the movie. If we're actually getting one.

The only other squad member of vast interest is Captain Boomerang. Although I would LOVE an El Diablo or Katana. Could see Katana being in a set tho. As a hero

Am I the only one that thinks we could possibly get Amanda Waller?

Not in one of those sets. Sounds like the Croc set is in the sewers, so Waller wouldn't be in that set. However at the right time, I could see Waller in a set.

Is the polybag 30446 batmobile only available in the US?

I live in France and went to the Lego store in Lyon (part dieu shopping mall) and they said they didn't have it. They suspected that it may be a US only promotion.