just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Mr. Freeze doesn't interest me too much, but the accuracy is very surprising.

DC Mighty Micros look better than the Marvel ones, I may actually have my first Flash minifig. His torso printing does not look too childish or poorly drawn. Cat woman may work for Black Cat from Marvel, and Bane looks pretty cool altogether.

Not too excited for the Suicide Squad set as I'm not too big of a fan of red and blue Harley Quinn as I prefer her classic colors but new Arkham City inspired design but I will definitely pick it up. Deadshot is decent and Batman and his bike are great. My first New 52 Batman! Finally, Hooray! :thumbup: :thumbup:

That Mr Freeze looks great and is a pleasant surprise (even if it's just a polybag when purchasing the Batcave). I was only expecting Catwoman, RIddler, Joker and Penguin. I reckon it's a reasonable assumption that we'll get Bruce and Dick minifigs as well so it's pretty easy to get up to 8 plus figs.

Artifex now has all 3 set reviews up. I gotta say I love the Batwing! And interesting that Lex Luthor is really Bruce Wayne :tongue:

Artifex now has all 3 set reviews up. I gotta say I love the Batwing! And interesting that Lex Luthor is really Bruce Wayne :tongue:

Great, now you've spoiled the whole movie. Next time use spoiler tabs, ok? :tongue:

I actually wouldn't mind too much if Mr. Freeze is an SDCC exclusive. It's a nice figure, but we've got a much more ideal Mr. Freeze already. It's not like Arsenal or Shazam or even the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh, which is a variant but a character in and of itself and a really memorable variant. Mr. Freeze is a pretty unremarkable villain from the show (heck, he's got three different actors with two entirely unique designs), not like someone like Joker or Catwoman who are really iconic in that form.

I actually wouldn't mind too much if Mr. Freeze is an SDCC exclusive. It's a nice figure, but we've got a much more ideal Mr. Freeze already. It's not like Arsenal or Shazam or even the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh, which is a variant but a character in and of itself and a really memorable variant. Mr. Freeze is a pretty unremarkable villain from the show (heck, he's got three different actors with two entirely unique designs), not like someone like Joker or Catwoman who are really iconic in that form.

I doubt he'll be an SDCC figure. Those usually don't leak out and are usually much more detailed. If he's in anything outside of the Batcave, my guess would be he's a promotional figure of some sort, maybe with the new movie?

Great, now you've spoiled the whole movie. Next time use spoiler tabs, ok? :tongue:

Welp. time to go live a life of shame and misery :grin:

Just put together the Kryptonite Interception set today and I have to say holding the Batmobile in hand is really pleasing. I think its the smallest we've gotten (ignoring the mini Bane Tumbler) but the size works well not making it massively oversized. The cockpit doors are really nice and LEGO did a great job with the molds and having them open just like they do in the film (or as they appear they will work). The forklift is also a nice build except for the kryptonite holding containers. The base is the new(?) piece used for BB-8s head and the dome is the same from long before. There is no connection between these pieces and the domes fall off very easily, especially with the forklift mechanism (the rubberband) where if you push down on it and let go they fly off (along with the "crate". If that was a play feature good job I guess but it is quiet annoying being that one has already fallen off and landed in a location I have not yet discovered yet.

So, anyone going to modify the front wheels of the Batmobile to include the wheel guards and lights like the real thing?

Just as soon as somebody else figures out how.

And I get my hands on the set and necessary parts.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Cool, a new movie. Hopefully it's got a good figure in it, maybe Reverse Flash? Only kidding, I need to stop going on about that guy. It'll probably be a comic outfit for Batman over someone's appearance in the movie.

When are we getting a Red Goggles Mr Freeze? I need it to make an Arkham City Freeze and I'm not willing to pay around £8 from brinklink for a headpiece. Really annoyed the 2013 fig didn't have a double-sided face for Freeze.

I like the 66 Mr. Freeze, even though he wasn't one I was hoping for/expecting. I would like a proper dome-helmet comics version, though. The 2013 one isn't doing it for me.

I like the 66 Mr. Freeze, even though he wasn't one I was hoping for/expecting. I would like a proper dome-helmet comics version, though. The 2013 one isn't doing it for me.

Agreed.

Cool, a new movie. Hopefully it's got a good figure in it, maybe Reverse Flash? Only kidding, I need to stop going on about that guy. It'll probably be a comic outfit for Batman over someone's appearance in the movie.

When are we getting a Red Goggles Mr Freeze? I need it to make an Arkham City Freeze and I'm not willing to pay around £8 from brinklink for a headpiece. Really annoyed the 2013 fig didn't have a double-sided face for Freeze.

I think that whoever we see attched to this new movie is going to be someone from Batman's universe (Bizzaro League came with Batzarro, Legion of Doom came with a villain, and Cosmic Clash is coming with Cosmic Boy). Gordon, Alfred, Carrie Kelly Robin, Spoiler, Black Mask, Red Hood, Ra's Al Ghul, or any one of Batman's obscure D-list villains would be a good fit.

The bat signal rooftop thing is a must, the wing mechanism in the bat wing actual looks coool too. So can we Americans hope to find these in time for Christmas?

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

I think that whoever we see attched to this new movie is going to be someone from Batman's universe (Bizzaro League came with Batzarro, Legion of Doom came with a villain, and Cosmic Clash is coming with Cosmic Boy). Gordon, Alfred, Carrie Kelly Robin, Spoiler, Black Mask, Red Hood, Ra's Al Ghul, or any one of Batman's obscure D-list villains would be a good fit.

Red Hood would be great, best I've got is a poor MOC.

Could the Buccanner Batman be the mini figure that comes with this new movie?

I believe Just2good said he would be in the character encyclopedia.

I hope the summer wave is more JL/non batman centered, since the following wave is more than likely just going to be based upon the batman movie where we will (I assume) get most of the characters were missing.

I hope the summer wave is more JL/non batman centered, since the following wave is more than likely just going to be based upon the batman movie where we will (I assume) get most of the characters were missing.

Would they use the Super Heroes theme to promote the Lego Batman Movie or would they create a seperate line specifically for that?

Another JL based wave featuring the villains from the Squad and a few others would be great.

Good point. Plus, this year's summer wave was all about Batman.