Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Yeah, a generic cap and a brick built motorcycle. I suppose it will be a Lego store promotion.

Pic? :look:

I'm pretty sure the Ninjago Dareth vs Nindroid was a Lego store promotion, and Dareth was exclusive

So it's pretty likely that this is just going to be a motorcycle with another Civil War Cap fig in it, I'd say. We don't get new figs in polybags often without having to buy a game or straight-to-DVD movie, and those basically never come with anything other than the figure.

....unless it's a promotional polybag. :sceptic:

I absolutely love this wave of Spider-Man releases. The villains are great, and at the rate they're pumping them out I'd not be surprised if we get the Lizard and Mysterio next year.

I'm a little gutted that it's not Spider-Gwen, but to go with a deep cut like Ultimate Jessica Drew is wonderfully surprising. Maybe we can get a regular Spider-Woman next year, her new redesign is different enough from the SDCC exclusive.

Btw, hi everybody! (Hi dr Nick)

I love that you referred to her as a deep cut.

Thoughts!

- I <3 Scarlet Spider. I'm sure I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again. His logo placement is a bit disappointing from a purely fanboyish, slight-changes-induce-rage sort of perspective, but it's understandable, considering that the hood piece covers up a significant portion of what would be the proper place for the logo. All in all, it's a minor quibble that will on slightly affect my sheer joy at having a real LEGO Scarlet Spider. I <3 Scarlet Spider. (Toldja.)

- $99 (USD) for the Web Warrior Bridge Battle! Thank you, Gods of Commerce! I was afraid we poor Americans would once again be screwed into paying the converted monetary equivalent for our LEGO sets. Seriously though, I was expecting this to come in at closer to $120, ala Jokerland. I know Jokerland had a modular, more decentralized aspect that can be deceptive, and I'm not sure of the piece count of the two sets, respectively, but they seemed comparable to me. Except I hate nu52 Harley Quinn. But I <3 Scarlet Spider. Green Goblin looks great, too, as does Scorpion. Ultimate Spider-Woman is a neat, "cost-effective" figure that I can't imagine anyone really wanted, but will be appreciated by some, including me. Aunt May surely does...exist. Honestly, I'm not sure what else to say about her. I'm not a fan of civilians. Or damsels and dames in distress. Or old people. (I kid.)

- About these...comments...about Kraven, which I swear I have seen more than one of: I don't even get it. He looks bored. Or boring. Or both. (Are gay people stereotypically bored and/or boring? Is that a thing?) The rest of him looks amazing. He looks like everything Kraven should look like. Except for that face. Bored and boring.

- Hobgoblin and Ghost Rider look superb in close-up! That set is so drool-worthy, for me. Minor quibbles/thoughts about Ghost Rider include: wondering if maybe a trans-orange head with skull printing, combined with the new flame hairpiece (similar to G. Goblin, Esq.'s new pumpkin bomb) might better convey a skull fully engulfed in flames; being glad I bought some extra dual-molded Batman legs to give to Ghost Rider, so he can have some wicked motorcycle boots.

- Civil War sets = meh. I love the movies, but I'll take my LEGO comic-based, thanks. :sweet: I know plenty of people disagree, and I'm happy for them (or sad, depending on whether they get Hawkeye and Vision), but I just don't care. Crossbones looks pretty great. Giant-Man looks insanely fun, but is the only part of the set I want. Black Panther looks, let's say, "suited to the movie universe", which isn't my cup of tea, but I doubt I'll get a chance at a comic-based version of him. Or Black Widow. Or Vision. Or Hawkeye. Or Aunt May- CRAP, WAIT, NOOOOOO!!!!! (I still <3 Scarlet Spider)

- Still looking for some Strange.

The Web Warrior Bridge Battle will be one of the few sets that I buy that I'll modify. It's just screaming for a blue baseplate.

The Web Warrior Bridge Battle will be one of the few sets that I buy that I'll modify. It's just screaming for a blue baseplate.

It's a fantastic looking set. Main gripe -- you think that at that price point they would throw in dual molded legs for Spidey.

It's a fantastic looking set. Main gripe -- you think that at that price point they would throw in dual molded legs for Spidey.

Or a new costume for Spidey

What stores are the civil war sets showing up at?

I've seen a lot of people say from Meijer, a retail store only located in the mid to south parts of the US. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Most of the Ebay listing and Instagram posted have been from there.

Anyone know whose head this is? Think it might be a good replacement for Bucky instead of Star Lord's headlego-accessories-light-flesh-minifig-head-beard-stubble-brown-angry-eyebrows-white-pupils.jpg

Edited by IMBATMAN

Anyone know whose head this is? Think it might be a good replacement for Bucky instead of Star Lord's head

Looks familiar, but I can't quite place it. I personally was going to use Dastan's head from the Prince of Persia sets.

Oh wait it turns out to be the faces of 2 Lone Ranger minifigs and is single-sided only. Dang it. Anyone else got any good replacements for Bucky's new awful smiling head?

Edited by IMBATMAN

I'm probably just going to use the comic alternate face from the polybag Bucky last year but on the new body.

Oh wait it turns out to be the faces of 2 Lone Ranger minifigs and is single-sided only. Dang it. Anyone else got any good replacements for Bucky's new awful smiling head?

I'm thinking Jango or Kili might be perfect, Jango's a little scarred up though and Kili has two good face prints for winter soldier. So Kili probably is best overall.

Edited by BrickTamland

Hey guys, just wanted to say that the civil war sets are currently being sold. While target nor toys r us have them yet, I picked up the set with black panther and the one with the falcon earlier today at Walmart in Oceanside, Ca

Hey guys, just wanted to say that the civil war sets are currently being sold. While target nor toys r us have them yet, I picked up the set with black panther and the one with the falcon earlier today at Walmart in Oceanside, Ca

And then there's UK :sad:

Which to those who don't know, means we don't have Batman v Superman, Iron Skull Sub or Avenjet jet