Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

Well it can't hurt to get one of the new belts and play around with some combinations for starters. I thought the brown version looked great on some of the rebel fighters but i get the point that it could become overkill combined with certain prints.

I won't buy any of these utility belt as the minifig printing do its job pretty well IMO.

But those custom arms are amazing and I will buy some of them. And the black skinned pilot head will be perfect for my Barrion Ranner ;)

11 hours ago, Ramses25 said:

I won't buy any of these utility belt as the minifig printing do its job pretty well IMO.

But those custom arms are amazing and I will buy some of them. And the black skinned pilot head will be perfect for my Barrion Ranner ;)

Do you mean the brown skinned pilot or did they have a black skinned as well?

grint-and-co-2.jpg.fdd311b81033af201de443ceb502b5ce.jpgThought

I'd share with you guys some ofĀ my Rebels Imperials today. This board could always use a bit more Rebels love. First, we haveĀ CommandantĀ Cumberlayne Aresko andĀ TaskmasterĀ Myles Grint. I think Grint's face may be from a Lone Ranger set.

In the middle, a stand in for the Seventh Sister until TLG decides to finish up the Inquisitor collection. Close enough for now. A pointy helmet from Castle series might do better - if only for that little nub that comes down between the eyes.Ā 

On the right, Admiral Kassius Konstantine (I know - wrong rank!)Ā and Governor Arihnda Pryce - luckily she wears the exact same rank as Tarkin, and the hair is an easy enough find. Her head was a stand-in generic rebel face but I think it matches her well enough, given the character has such a masculine face.Ā 

Any ideas for a custom Eighth Brother and Minister Maketh Tua? Stumped on how to approach those.

Ā 

1 hour ago, darththeling said:

Ā 

Any ideas for a custom Eighth Brother and Minister Maketh Tua? Stumped on how to approach those.

Ā 

I've seen the first order crew helmet combined with parts from the inquisitors for the eighth brother.

On 30/09/2017 at 6:11 PM, darththeling said:

In the middle, a stand in for the Seventh Sister until TLG decides to finish up the Inquisitor collection. Close enough for now. A pointy helmet from Castle series might do better - if only for that little nub that comes down between the eyes.Ā 

Nicely done, but what about this Lego Castle princess's hatĀ for the Seventh Sister?

2207.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Red Four's helmet has been spotted on one of the upcomingĀ figures for next year, on a female pilot with a light blue jumpsuit. Anyone know where she's from in canon?

Now all people will need for a complete Red Squadron is Red Leader, I believe.

Ā 

Edit: The jumpsuit looks like it's from the original trilogy.Ā 

Edited by Infinite Bricks

On 30.9.2017 at 7:11 PM, darththeling said:

Thought

I'd share with you guys some ofĀ my Rebels Imperials today. This board could always use a bit more Rebels love. First, we haveĀ CommandantĀ Cumberlayne Aresko andĀ TaskmasterĀ Myles Grint. I think Grint's face may be from a Lone Ranger set.

On the right, Admiral Kassius Konstantine (I know - wrong rank!)Ā and Governor Arihnda Pryce - luckily she wears the exact same rank as Tarkin, and the hair is an easy enough find. Her head was a stand-in generic rebel face but I think it matches her well enough, given the character has such a masculine face.Ā 

Ā 

Ideed - the show would have so much potential for OT style sets & figures. Always enjoy reading something from Rebels fans here.

- I have used the Witch from the Disney CMF for the 7th sister face. Pale colour fits & most of the head is covered in black, as it should be. As helmet I wanted to use the "black open helmet" from the FO Star Destroyer crewman. But since I boycott the sets, I'll stick with the "closed versions".
- And I reuse all my Kallus bodies for inquisitors, adding different arm or legprints & helmets. For the 7th sister the torso is the most accurate you can get.
- I randomly "kill off" my made up inquisitors & switch parts with other figures - like one wears Drax's face right now :wink:

I'll post pictures of my many inquisitors when I've time :wink:
And let's pray, that we'll one day get our missing inquisitors :cry_sad:

Speaking of Inquisitors, I thought I could show my own take on a few of them if anyone is interested:

20171010.jpg

In my story, there are three grand Inquisitors.

20171011.jpg

20171012.jpg

From left to right: Second brother, Third sister, Fourth brother (same species as the Third sister, also real brother), Fifth brother and Eighth brother.

I wish Lego would at least make the Seventh sister as a minifigure as I think she was the most interesting of them all. :sceptic:

Imperial crewmen updated with the custom Imperial arms from Firestar Toys, along with three legged Imperial astromechs.

Third legs were achieved with part 6587 (3m cross-axle with knob), a simple coping saw to remove around half a centimetre and a black sharpie to just match the colour. It may be a cheat but considering Lego actually and quite unfairly show a three-legged R2-D2 minifigure illustrated on page 24 of the Official Lego Star Wars Annual 2017, I'd say it's only fair I took matters into my own hands if they're not prepared to offer the part necessary (simply a shorter 6587).Ā 

37216470794_0eb4a158b1_c.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Wow those are incredible looking with the arm insignias. Are you in the US? Last time I looked on the site they didnt have these particular arms. Also how is the plastic?

50 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Wow those are incredible looking with the arm insignias. Are you in the US? Last time I looked on the site they didnt have these particular arms. Also how is the plastic?

Nope in the UK, and as Fabiwalker kindly pointed out, direct link's above.

I know they're not cheap, but really weĀ only had 4 guys to account for (I figured anyone with insignia on their helmets didn't need it - like Death Star gunners)Ā so it wasn't too much of an expenditure. Plus I usually justify any frivolous expenditureĀ in "pints". I spent the same as I would buying two pints of beer at the pub (and I'd do that without a second thought), which I'd only have later weed down the drain, so spending Ā£8 for these guys to look awesome forever I figured was worth it haha.

Plastic is spot-on, it doesn't feel cheap or hollow like the kind you get on Chinese fake mini figures, if I didn't know they were custom I'd assume they were official.

The custom rebel heads they've done are really good too, although unlike the arms and real Lego you can physically feel the prints, which have a slightly matte finish, as such they reflect the light differently, so under close investigation you can see a difference in terms of print-quality, but the prints themselves areĀ still wonderful. I'll try and take pictures later.

I also bought 3 sets of Rebel pilot arms too - granted we have around 18 orange pilots, but the aforementioned three are for original old school 90s torsos, which I had previously updated with snow speeder pilot legs, modern helmets and modern faces. There weren't enough pints to justify Ā£36 in small plastic arms, soĀ I figured rather than spend tons on making every Rebel pilot look super-awesome (and then the red, green and blue jumpsuit guys get left out), I'd just buy three sets for the really old school guys, to give them a modern all-round facelift so they blend in better with the pilots who at least have the great new modern body prints. If that makes sense...

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

I'm looking at their custom figures and I realize that someone on this thread posted Firestartoys' custom Thrawn figure. Who was that and is the figure any good? Does it have back printing?

9 hours ago, Fabiwalker said:

Thank you!

8 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Nope in the UK, and as Fabiwalker kindly pointed out, direct link's above.

*Snip*

That's good to know, I might actually buy some then being that they're near TLG level quality. I'm in the States so I need to figure out if they ship overseas.

2 hours ago, Forresto said:

I'm looking at their custom figures and I realize that someone on this thread posted Firestartoys' custom Thrawn figure. Who was that and is the figure any good? Does it have back printing?

Thank you!

That's good to know, I might actually buy some then being that they're near TLG level quality. I'm in the States so I need to figure out if they ship overseas.

They certainly do:Ā https://www.firestartoys.com/Pages/Delivery.html

Just take yourself through to checkout and see what the drop-down menu charges you. You don't need to make a purchase until you get to the actual payment page which is after the delivery page,Ā so can make your decision on whether or not their shipping costs are justifiable to you without having to be charged. If memory serves, I don't think you even need to make an account (though I'd recommend it if you do place an order, simply for customer service help if anything goes wrong - plus it's free to do so). Find the shipping too expensive? Just close the window :)

I know Firestar aren't exactly cheap, they're no Bricklink, so I wouldn't typicallyĀ buy many basic Lego parts from them,Ā but for custom parts they're a great reliable source of bothĀ a variety of the most well-known suppliers and obviously their own excellent in-house designs too, coupledĀ with (in my experience) very high quality customer service.Ā 

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

On 5/10/2017 at 2:03 AM, That Orange Thing said:

I'm holding off buying the scout in any significant numbers as it must be due a major update when next released. It just looks really dated now when compared to other troopers, the helmet in particular.Ā 

Those guys need the updated helmets more than anything else, plus dual-molded legs .

Ā 

One more Imperial trooper minifig in need of updating is the Snowtrooper. His legs are still unprinted compared to the Hoth rebels. (Any suggestions on Imperial Snowtrooper replacement legs?)

On 8/7/2017 at 1:57 AM, Richpepperell said:

Still investigating the opportunities of the new Ninjago Cmfs and today picked up the rocker with his dual molded black and white legs.Ā 35493813093_32dcbfab3f_b.jpg

These looked go for updating a long neglected minifigure - the biker scout.Ā 

Scout trooper

I'd already updated the figure with arms from the mad scientist.Ā 

Scout trooper

As you'll notice, the main issue with the legs was the additional printing that needed to be removed. The printing here seemed be particularly resistant to removal. My usual technique of simply using a rubber had absoutely Zero Effect. As such i had total resort to someĀ chemicals whichĀ obviously have damaged the surface of the plastic slightly. I'm therefore treating this as a "proof of concept" version. Although you do lose the pocket printing from the original legs, I think white boots outweighs this.Ā 

Scout trooper

Ā 

I have those same parts awaiting an Imperial Scout Trooper. Now to pick up another pair of Monster Scientist arms to make a sniper version... (I have a Brickarms DLT-20A awaiting him, with plans to order 2 more for IG-88.)

On 7/5/2017 at 5:47 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

There's no evidence for it - possibly...
They could have made the Ninjago CMF's Sushi cook-legs for Thrawn. It's the 5th time we'll get white pants + black boots, but the first time without any annoying printing. To me, feels like "sorry couldn't do it in the SW line, but here you go".

The Clone and Imperial Shock Troopers both need dual-molded legs as well (White with Red boots.)

On 6/26/2017 at 4:56 PM, Alexastor said:

I just noticed the Imperial Officer from the Advent Calendar is different from 75055, it has 4 red/blue squares on the plaque rather than 75055's 3, and it has 2 code cylinders instead of 1.

That would be the torso a regular Imperial Navy Admiral.

47 minutes ago, CT-22-2759 said:

One more Imperial trooper minifig in need of updating is the Snowtrooper. His legs are still unprinted compared to the Hoth rebels. (Any suggestions on Imperial Snowtrooper replacement legs?)

I'd previously posted this, so forgive the re-post,Ā but I went with the CMF American football player's legs since the kneepads are indeed accurate to the costume:

35671908662_702511e640_c.jpg

35000904774_392038fa3d_b.jpg

Ā 

4 hours ago, CT-22-2759 said:

The Clone and Imperial Shock Troopers both need dual-molded legs as well (White with Red boots.)

That would be the torso a regular Imperial Navy Admiral.

Sorry mate, but that's not correct. It's a General, as you can see here with General Paltr Carvin,Ā Maximilian Veers and especially General Baron Soontir Fel.

An Admiral's insignia has six blue and six red squares, e.g.: Fleet Admiral Gilad Pellaeon and Admiral Firmus Piett. I wish Lego would produce more Imp officers though.

Oh, and if the Rank Insignias confuse you (or anyone here), I recommend getting the SW Essential Guide to Warfare by Jason Fry, it has a complete table of different Imperial IDs.

Edited by Ephseb

Just toĀ add my two cents, if I may - when we are talking Imperial Army, then yes, that is the rank of a general, although they usually have only one code cylinder as shown on the pictures you provided, whereas the figure from the Advent calendar has two of them. However, as far as I know,Ā within the Imperial Navy, four red squares atop four blue,Ā along with two code cylinders, signify the rank of commodore. In any case, I'm glad we're finally getting something different than the usual three-red-atop-three-blue-squares officers :)

Probably not a good idea, but couldn't you add one of those orange P2 custom visors onto the clone gunner and give him orange arms to make a commander Cody?

2 hours ago, Ephseb said:

Sorry mate, but that's not correct. It's a General, as you can see here with General Paltr Carvin,Ā Maximilian Veers and especially General Baron Soontir Fel.

An Admiral's insignia has six blue and six red squares, e.g.: Fleet Admiral Gilad Pellaeon and Admiral Firmus Piett. I wish Lego would produce more Imp officers though.

Oh, and if the Rank Insignias confuse you (or anyone here), I recommend getting the SW Essential Guide to Warfare by Jason Fry, it has a complete table of different Imperial IDs.

To be fair, Return of the Jedi itself probably causes much of the confusion people have with imperial ranks, with both Piett and Jerjerrod wearing Captain's ranks. It also doesn't help that the phrase 'Commander' seems to be thrown around quite loosely in the dialogue.Ā 

On 27/10/2017 at 3:15 PM, Agent Kallus said:

So how correct is this:Ā http://www.galactic-empire.org/ranks/ranks.htmĀ ?

Blimey, wow, that's quite complicated,Ā well I'm sure it's very correct haha, these below pictures of a Moff and an AdmiralĀ howeverĀ areĀ not - so what should a screen accurate Moff Jerjerrod figure have as a rank?

The-Saga-Collection-Moff-Jerjerrod_Big_6

admiralpiett.JPG

Edited by Daddy_Stardust