Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

18 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Not a huge upgrade but Sabine's hair will be available in plain black on the George Harrison mini figure that is featured in the Yellow Submarine set announced today. This would match her look in the latest episode of the Rebels. 

Let's see if it appears on B&P then. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

Not a huge upgrade but Sabine's hair will be available in plain black on the George Harrison mini figure that is featured in the Yellow Submarine set announced today. This would match her look in the latest episode of the Rebels. 

Her haircut (not just the colour) has changed too much for that hairpiece.  Not that her original hair mold (as cool as it is) ever matched the show appearence :pir-sceptic:
Though I don't really care about that - it's Sabine, you can use pretty much every "colourful" & interesting hairpiece for her. For accuracy though the blue "Cyborg" hairpiece, from the latest CMF series should match her show appearence best. & for the latest episode the black version, available in the same CMF series  (Emo boy).

I would upload pictures of my many Sabine's, but without another medium that's not possible.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Let's see if it appears on B&P then. Fingers crossed.

I haven't looked, but does anyone know if any of the minifigure parts from the new Death Star turned up on bricks and pieces?

Just now, Richpepperell said:

I haven't looked, but does anyone know if any of the minifigure parts from the new Death Star turned up on bricks and pieces?

Believe me... I looked as soon as I was released. The only thing on there that isn't generic is the Emperor's legs. (I think they're the Emperors... they could be Vaders). Han's hair is there but out of stock. I'll keep checking just in case.

4 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Believe me... I looked as soon as I was released. The only thing on there that isn't generic is the Emperor's legs. (I think they're the Emperors... they could be Vaders). Han's hair is there but out of stock. I'll keep checking just in case.

Just had a look. They are the empowers legs. Also Luke's hair (ANH and Jedi). I'll be amazed if Han's hair ever comes in stock!

Just now, Richpepperell said:

Just had a look. They are the empowers legs. Also Luke's hair (ANH and Jedi). I'll be amazed if Han's hair ever comes in stock!

There's a chance. Just a slim one. Maybe when it gets used in the January wave with the Skiff set... or maybe if it gets used in another colour in a different theme or on a CMF?

On 12 October 2016 at 0:08 AM, pittpenguin123 said:

The thick collar made me think it was the snow trooper puffy neck.
Now I look like a idiot... Just ignore my comment.

LEGO WHY DO THEY BOTH HAVE PUFFY NECKS!

Legos designs for the basic Star Wars jumpsuit collar are all the same or similar inthinknand they're all pretty exaggerated so it's hard to see the difference, the only one that sticks out to me is on the back where they have the puffy neck

Bricks & Pieces order came in today - excited to finally be able to show off my imperials:

cidTitd.jpg

From left to right: Admiral Conan Antonio Motti, High General Cassio Tagge, Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, Director Orson Krennic, Colonel Wullf Yularen, Governor Irina Spalko Arihnda Pryce, and General Moradmin Bast. Really happy with the way all of these turned out, although I will continue to update them as I get ahold of more pieces. Tarkin and Bast are especially unfinished, but I used the cheapest options available to get a decent result.

As a bonus, here's all of them displayed in 10188:

71T2qUx.jpg

And you'll notice that there's one seat left to fill... perhaps reserved for a certain Grand Admiral.

Edited by Nokturn

4 hours ago, Nokturn said:

Bricks & Pieces order came in today - excited to finally be able to show off my imperials:

From left to right: Admiral Conan Antonio Motti, High General Cassio Tagge, Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, Director Orson Krennic, Colonel Wullf Yularen, Governor Irina Spalko Arihnda Pryce, and General Moradmin Bast. Really happy with the way all of these turned out, although I will continue to update them as I get ahold of more pieces. Tarkin and Bast are especially unfinished, but I used the cheapest options available to get a decent result.

And you'll notice that there's one seat left to fill... perhaps reserved for a certain Grand Admiral.

Well done. I especially like Arihnda Pryce!

7 hours ago, Nokturn said:

Bricks & Pieces order came in today - excited to finally be able to show off my imperials

Looks great, although i'd recommend black legs for Yularen if you're aiming for accuracy :)

On 10/11/2016 at 2:17 AM, atlas said:

The head is bard the bowmans head with the goatee and sideburns rubbed off.

And you're right, those are x wing uniforms. No jacket over the top and black gloves.

What's the best method for rubbing off those sideburns and goatee?  I've watched some youtube vids of people removing print from heads but none of them do it to remove just small parts of the print and leave other parts alone.  Thanks.

Edited by aukevin

On 10 oktober 2016 at 7:32 PM, neueruse said:

Thanks!

I agree that Tarkin would best, but I may go with that second one with stubble as I think I have an extra one.

No I think Tarkin looks way to old, I've used some of the elfs from LOTR to change the heads ot the Mandalorians. 

9 hours ago, aukevin said:

What's the best method for rubbing off those sideburns and goatee?  I've watched some youtube vids of people removing print from heads but none of them do it to remove just small parts of the print and leave other parts alone.  Thanks.

I use a little eraser that is supposed to go on the end of a pencil. Use the rubber on the pencil and rub (carefully- if you do it right and are precise, you will only rub off the bite you want to ) and after a lot of effort it just comes off! Good luck. Takes patience but worth it.

i did it a long time ago so my memory is fuzzy but I think I did the sideburns and the goatee freehand, and thought I was done, but then I remebered that had a moustache , so I needed to remove the soul patch under his mouth also. As a cautionary thing I put some tape over the mouth print so be safe when I was taking the last bit off

Edited by atlas

On 10/13/2016 at 5:36 PM, Nokturn said:

Very cool collection Nokturn. May I ask how much you spent to get all those figs?

1 hour ago, atlas said:

I use a little eraser that is supposed to go on the end of a pencil. Use the rubber on the pencil and rub (carefully- if you do it right and are precise, you will only rub off the bite you want to ) and after a lot of effort it just comes off! Good luck. Takes patience but worth it.

i did it a long time ago so my memory is fuzzy but I think I did the sideburns and the goatee freehand, and thought I was done, but then I remebered that had a moustache , so I needed to remove the soul patch under his mouth also. As a cautionary thing I put some tape over the mouth print so be safe when I was taking the last bit off

Smart move using tape.  So you just used an eraser? No chemicals? Thanks for the info!

30254063451_1c2c52b9be_b.jpg

So after picking up the Death Star I thought I'd update my Imperial Officers. Still need to add Jerjerrod and Tagge as well as Krennic but not looking too shabby.

Edited by Robianco

4 hours ago, Robianco said:

So after picking up the Death Star I thought I'd update my Imperial Officers. Still need to add Jerjerrod and Tagge as well as Krennic but not looking too shabby.

That's a great looking lineup you have there :classic:

22 hours ago, aukevin said:

Smart move using tape.  So you just used an eraser? No chemicals? Thanks for the info!

Yep. I did another one yesterday, here's some photos of the process:

GUhJwN7.jpg BkZvNmK.png

and the finished product:

4Ce7Jr2.png

(The guy on the right.) This is a guy called keir santage, he's seen briefly in Return of the Jedi in an x wing, wearing's wedge's helmet prop: latest?cb=20120114000631

The other two are much more obscure. The blonde guy appears in the film also, in the briefing room prior to the battle. In legends he is identified as "palso thern", but in the new canon he's just a film extra. Here he is in his b wing kit with some other b wing pilots. (Second from the right)

latest?cb=20110224155944

The other is also very obscure - her name is legends is "Karie Neth" and also appears in the briefing. In an earlier post in this thread I showed how the "t-16 pilot" helmet actually was on board the falcon. During production of ROTJ I believe it was reused in this scene and "karie neth" has it. Although like palso thern, she is just a film extra in the new canon and doesn't have her own comic book series yet. Here she is:

latest?cb=20071013034424 latest?cb=20070928153045

In the picture above, there is a black dude also in b wing near to the left of the 4 pilots. To  my knowledge he is also just an extra in the new canon and I don't think he became a legends character either. But interestingly, in the blade squadron series from star wars insider, there is a guy called "braylen stramm" who I think looks kind of similar and is a similar height. I asked if he is intended to be this guy in return of the jedi but didn't get a response, so I'll just make it that way in my head. It's a bit racist really, just like all of the "finn is lando's son" theories, but I like it.

Braylen from blade squadron: latest?cb=20150822161143

and here he is in lego form: 29295748295_d210c1afdb_c.jpg

The other dude here is "Grizz frixx", who interestingly has the "Red 5" callsign at Endor. He's the one who goes "shes gonna blow!"

I believe that he is wearing dutch vander's helmet prop from A New Hope. Here he is in the film:

latest?cb=20080317203541

Here are some more updates: 

t2LuMqW.jpg

omQOTWk.jpg

left to right: Shara Bey (green 4, from the shattered empire comic and poe dameron's mum), Jake farrell, and L'ulo (green 2, also from shattered empire. I wish the duros head was a more turquoise colour but it's an improvement on cad bane's head which I had planned on using. I'm not sure if the A-wing pilot helmets in ROTJ are unique (i am pretty sure they are) but I can't tell them apart so I just have them all wearing the helmet and body from 75003.

Shara bey from the comics (she has satele shan's head and a friends hair piece): 

tumblr_nufouvolmW1qdmqz3o6_250.png

Jake farrell from ROTJ (he goes into the death star, has a name in new canon but no callsign for some reason. I really like the head I used for him, I think it's elrond's):

latest?cb=20130420230424

and l'ulo (used the duros head from 75133 - i'm not sure what his skin is supposed to look like because it looks different in the two comic series he's in): 

Lulo-and-Shara.png

and there's still more: 

lR4uxH0.jpg

wqcO0Lg.jpg

left to right: biggs (red 3), wedge (red 2), porkins (red 6), dex tiree (gold 2)

I modified bard the bowman's head for biggs. Wedge's head is the super pale ezra one. Tiree just has the generic pilot face but with the "snowspeeder pilot" helmet from 75074. 

in a new hope: latest?cb=20130303144216

you can see that this helmet was also used in ESB, and appears on a guy who in legends is called "habeer zignean" (green 5). You can see him in the hoth briefing here:

latest?cb=20131025174429 and his lego figure: sw607.jpg

so yeah, i think that's cool. I hope someone got something out of this post because I spent way too much time writing it! :)

Edited by atlas

On 10/15/2016 at 8:32 PM, atlas said:

Yep. I did another one yesterday, here's some photos of the process:

Awesome.  I'll give it a shot.  Might have to buy a couple just in case!  All your photos are great.  I'd love to have a whole Red Squadron.

On 14.10.2016 at 0:36 AM, Nokturn said:

cidTitd.jpg

Epic! How did you aquire Yularens legs?! I'm desperatly looking for white legs with black boots for the Thrawn minifigure that will come out soon...

They're on the CMF S14 Monster Scientist but you'll have to rub some of the print off. Good news is if you pick the figure up the arms are perfect upgrades for Biker Scouts.

Edited by Robianco

11 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Epic! How did you aquire Yularens legs?! I'm desperatly looking for white legs with black boots for the Thrawn minifigure that will come out soon...

Not to speak for him but to my own knowledge currently the only method of obtaining black booted white legs is by erasing the mad scientists legs. 

On 14-10-2016 at 0:36 AM, Nokturn said:

On 15-10-2016 at 5:29 PM, Robianco said:

30254063451_1c2c52b9be_b.jpg

These both look awesome, I am wanting to make such an army of imperials too :D

@Robianco do you have your officers named? I can't seem to recognice them all, haha. I see Veers, Yularen, ... , ... , Piett, Motti?, Tarkin, ... , ... , ... , Thrawn, Paellon?, Isard.

And where did you get the dual molded light bluish legs from?