Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

To be fair, not all clones were infantry. It's not really a stretch to imagine a few shuttle pilots being clones.

True, though I meant that people may get confused as to if they are meant to be clones or regular people recruited. But I think clones were discontinued except for Vaders 501st Legion troopers (Is that even canon anymore?).

Also, a few minifig updates have been shown in the LSW TFA video game. Lando's "official" hair piece is now Finns hairpiece until he is released again!

True, though I meant that people may get confused as to if they are meant to be clones or regular people recruited. But I think clones were discontinued except for Vaders 501st Legion troopers (Is that even canon anymore?).

Clones started to be phased out and 15 years into the Empire many had been retired, but some were still around even by the events of RotJ although it was a rare sight. When they got retired from active service they instead generally taught new recruits.

Vader's own troops had very few clones in their numbers even 5 years after ROTS. The idea of the 501st remaining purely Jango clones is long gone.

Most active during the war were decommissioned pretty soon after ROTS (months, most likely), and transferred to other roles such as training instructors at newly-minted Imperial Academies, since the Empire was met with applause and (personal conjecture here) there were likely millions eager to sign up and potentially join the military that won the Clone Wars & put down the Jedi rebellion.

ISB Commander Beck is surprised to find a Jango-clone among her troops in the days following A New Hope (as shown in "Smuggler's Run"), but this stormtrooper, Torrent, proves fairly effective. Torrent is from a younger generation of clones and likely was an infant or still in the incubator at the end of the war.

28442671205_439e849b6f_z.jpg

Eno Kid's legs would be great for Rebel Naval Trooper legs. Maybe not perfect but pretty darn close!

28442671205_439e849b6f_z.jpg

Eno Kid's legs would be great for Rebel Naval Trooper legs. Maybe not perfect but pretty darn close!

You're right, but I think the chain print spoils it for me. This CMF series looks like it contains quite a few useful pieces - especially the clear 'web shooter' pieces with the ice queen.

You're right, but I think the chain print spoils it for me. This CMF series looks like it contains quite a few useful pieces - especially the clear 'web shooter' pieces with the ice queen.

That piece is up for sale on Bricks & Pieces now. It's around $0.20 I think.

How would you guys & gals update your Sabine Wren from SW Rebels (both versions)?

I always switch arms with different printing, but seem to find none which really fit her.

Does Bricks and Pieces still operate in the same way.

It does! Fill in the set number and check which parts are available. You might want to check the "Licensed Parts on B&P" thread. LEGO has just updated the inventory with new parts. Not much SW parts (only found Han's torso from 75098), but a lot of nice Super Heroes stuff.

It does! Fill in the set number and check which parts are available. You might want to check the "Licensed Parts on B&P" thread. LEGO has just updated the inventory with new parts. Not much SW parts (only found Han's torso from 75098), but a lot of nice Super Heroes stuff.

Is there a general licenced B&P thread somewhere? I can find the Star Wars only one, but would love to see all licenced pieces. Does anyone have a link (I don't find it super easy to find stuff on here).

I don't think the Star Wars B&P thread is up-to-date. I made a B&P order last week and could only find a couple uninteresting SW pieces.

That piece is up for sale on Bricks & Pieces now. It's around $0.20 I think.

Do you know the part number and if any other Series 16 parts are available?

The part he says is available is from the spiderman sets not from series 16. They are not and probably will never be on bricks and pieces like all the other cmf.

Element number is 6153264.

They don't sell CMF parts on there unfortunately. However, I was once able to fill in the DFB players' set number and got all hair pieces from those sets which were available on B&P at that time.

LBG Tarkin

29050874516_4d210e94f1_c.jpg

In my opinion he looks better in LBG hair.

I agree. But as bad as the decision to have tan tunics for the rebels minifigs, I like that they used dark grey there because in the show he's depicted several years before episode 4, and has less light gray and white hair. Just like how in clone wars hi hairy is pretty brown. Makes sense.

I'd really like to know what to do about the constant "updates" to uniformed troops. It makes army building a colossal pain - they keep changing prints on stormtroopers, rebel pilots, etc. with new designs that frequently aren't even improvements, merely different, and keep one from having troops that match. Yeah, first-world problems, I know, but it is frustrating, especially for those of us on budgets who take years to amass forces.

My solution to that is to just not care; I gleefully mingle troops with old and new prints.

I'm the sort who doesn't feel a need to upgrade unless a new part or print really does it for me in a way that what I have doesn't. Example: Anakin's hairpiece that was introduced in TCW versus the classic centrally-parted long hair piece his 2005 ROTS figure. Speaking of Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Knight look: BROWN OR DARK BROWN SLEEVES! YOU GOT THIS RIGHT IN TCW LEGO, WHY DID YOU GO BACK TO GIVING HIM BLACK SLEEVES?! ARGH! Sorry about the outburst, but that drives me crazy. And there's another outburst coming up in this post

I disagree with using tousled hair for Han, at least for the Original Trilogy. His hair always looked to me like he does what he can to keep it neat, so I think the classic hairpiece suits him better.

What said classic hair doesn't suit, however, is the Padawan crew-cut. Nor does the hairpiece used on Anakin in the 2013 Republic Gunship and 2015 Azure Angel sets. Do you know what would work for it? THE CREW-CUT HAIRPIECE THAT LEGO HAS HAD SINCE TWO THOUSAND FREAKING TWO!!! That would be the second outburst.. IDK if this piece is available in colors besides black but the shape is right. It would also suit Thrawn better than the TCW Count Dooku hairpiece I saw someone else use.

As far as unmade characters go:

Anakin's ROTS robes combined with a 2004 or 2005 Hermione face (unless someone has a better suggestion) and blond long hair of your choice (I would suggest the classic piece for reasons of clearance) would make for a decent Siri Tachi.

Kit Fisto's head painted medium blue (or cast in it if LEGO ever makes an official version) and given red eyes would be a good way to do Nym's head. Can't think of a torso piece off the bat right now though, I'll have to come back to that (and this list in general).

Watto's head-and-torso piece would work for Reti, though some painting of different details would be required.

Accurate Movie Styled Barriss Offee Update:

Take her figure from 8091 and replace the black hood/cape with that of Naare in the 75145 Eclipse fighter.

29045413271_dcf5c2c7c3.jpgModded Barriss Offee w/ cape and hood from Eclipse Fighter set by Jhaelon Edwards, on Flickr

Looks pretty good i think, since the clone wars cape is short. Another plus is that Naare has the newer soft cape.

Edited by jhaelego

Well probably the same head as suggested above, kordis head, but I never use a head more then once if it's not clone heads, so I would probably try to go custom if I wanted to make another female charachter who doesn't have light flesh, maybe check http://minifigs.me for custom printing?