Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

Thank you so much, I did a search for ee-3 didn't know it was called head shot

3rd party producers for minifig accessories need to make sure they don't infringe on licensing and so on. That said, Brickarms gives the correct names to different SW blasters (the exception being the F-11D being called the Foe-11).

https://flic.kr/p/Hp69o7

https://flic.kr/p/HHcDze

Update of the Rebel Battlepacks of both the OT and TFA, thought they needed more women, aliens and a commander in case of the OT and also not the same faces repeated, lego tend to forget that there were only clonetroopers and to some extend stormtroopers that were clones

Btw how do I display the picture here directly from flickr rathet than only the links?

Btw how do I display the picture here directly from flickr rathet than only the links?

On flickr click share then bb code and then copy and paste it here, nice aliens by the way.

Thats is what I did and I have tried it twice, but still get the same result. Very wierd. But thanx x2

Edited by Sneakguest

I personally like the normal hair for Han, but this actually looks quite nice!

Boba's rangefinder looks great! How was it made?

Also, can you post some pics of the weapons?

Thanks! I might.

As for the rangefinder, I made it by cutting enough space for it into a light grey minifig head (since that's the colour of the visible neck part of his gear) onto the side of the head so the helmet wouldn't slant into any direction,

and then I fitted a staple into the helmet. Then I put it onto the minifig head in a way that would allow the helmet to sit on the head as it normally would, without, again, leaning towards any side. That's why I did a bit of cutting into the minifig head, to make room for the staple

that would have to go onto the head so it would stay in the helmet, against the head, properly. Then I took a bit of green stuff, put it on the top end of the staple and sculpted that bit and painted it black, et voila.

I really dont mind as I love seeing Star Wars customs always but I thought the idea of the thread was to update SW figures with already existing Lego parts? Otherwise its not so much updating and more altering.

Maybe we need to have a thread devoted to SW customs. Im just worried if we did the mods would move it to the minifigure customization forum and not many people who come to this forum would see it. Thats why I dont entirely mind the customs here.

Thanks! I might.

As for the rangefinder, I made it by cutting enough space for it into a light grey minifig head (since that's the colour of the visible neck part of his gear) onto the side of the head so the helmet wouldn't slant into any direction,

and then I fitted a staple into the helmet. Then I put it onto the minifig head in a way that would allow the helmet to sit on the head as it normally would, without, again, leaning towards any side. That's why I did a bit of cutting into the minifig head, to make room for the staple

that would have to go onto the head so it would stay in the helmet, against the head, properly. Then I took a bit of green stuff, put it on the top end of the staple and sculpted that bit and painted it black, et voila.

Ok, thanks!

I really dont mind as I love seeing Star Wars customs always but I thought the idea of the thread was to update SW figures with already existing Lego parts? Otherwise its not so much updating and more altering.

Maybe we need to have a thread devoted to SW customs. Im just worried if we did the mods would move it to the minifigure customization forum and not many people who come to this forum would see it. Thats why I dont entirely mind the customs here.

Yes, I believe this was meant for "purist" updates.

They're still updates to the minifigures like the topic suggests. Now if they had been completely customized revamps, but they're just updates with a bit of non-LEGO, nothing major or nothing like an overhaul.

Might encourage purists to push their boundaries a bit sometimes. If you want your figures to be as accurate as possible then you might want to look a bit past a set limit,

the clone antenna was just awful and there was really no way to improve that with existing parts. Most updates posted here are purist anyway, so I don't think it will do much harm to the topic.

Edited by General Magma

A lot of the initial images posted to this topic had customised pieces, usually with some printing removed or a custom decal. I see no reason to suddenly switch to being purist only. I enjoy seeing well-done customs and it adds more variety and life to the topic.

A lot of the initial images posted to this topic had customised pieces, usually with some printing removed or a custom decal. I see no reason to suddenly switch to being purist only. I enjoy seeing well-done customs and it adds more variety and life to the topic.

True. This thread did have some non purist figures at the beginning.

Speaking of that, I was thinking of picking up some X-Wing or Snowspeeder Microfighters and changing the helmet insignias and head. (And the droid head has some uses)

Edited by Ebkas

Anyone have any suggestions on leg printing for an AT-AT Driver from the Snowtrooper BP?

Anyone have any suggestions on leg printing for an AT-AT Driver from the Snowtrooper BP?

The Imperial Combat Driver's legs? They're the only dark bley ones I can think of (or find, at a glance) with a decent array of pockets to match Imperial suits. You could use the legs as-is or just put the legs on the light bley hips of the AT-AT Driver.

The Imperial Combat Driver's legs? They're the only dark bley ones I can think of (or find, at a glance) with a decent array of pockets to match Imperial suits. You could use the legs as-is or just put the legs on the light bley hips of the AT-AT Driver.

A little too pricey I think. And if I use the AT-DP Drivers legs for the Snowtroopers, it would look a little strange since they are the same printing, just in different colours.

A little too pricey I think. And if I use the AT-DP Drivers legs for the Snowtroopers, it would look a little strange since they are the same printing, just in different colours.

They're too pricey now, maybe, because there's only one Combat Driver available... how many BP AT-AT Drivers' legs would you need to replace, anyway? If it's only one or two, that's not too big a deal (or just get whole Combat Drivers and give 'em plain dark bley legs & leave 'em in the rear ranks or stuck in a vehicle where you wouldn't see leg printing anyway! With plain legs, they still fit the Rebels aesthetic where we sometimes get unprinted legs, as seen in both A-wing pilots they've made based on the show) :sweet:

If you want that AT-AT Driver and your snowtroopers to have different printing, tho, here's another option for the Snowtroopers aside from the AT-DP Driver legs: The football player's legs. They're very plain, but have kneepads, which are pretty much the defining characteristic of snowtrooper legs aside from the boots... from what I've seen, snowtroopers don't have pockets on their pants like the AT-DP Driver legs anyway, so it's a viable option IMO. Plus, they're not too pricey!

Here is my updated scout trooper using the Mad Scientist's arms from the recent wave of collectible minifigures and the legs from a space commando from an older wave. I personally would prefer not to have to buy the new scout designs until they appear in a cheaper set so their market price goes down, so this is my solution :grin:

25092095805_dff49494a7.jpg24724431719_ae1821d06f.jpg

Here is my updated scout trooper using the Mad Scientist's arms from the recent wave of collectible minifigures and the legs from a space commando from an older wave. I personally would prefer not to have to buy the new scout designs until they appear in a cheaper set so their market price goes down, so this is my solution :grin:

25092095805_dff49494a7.jpg24724431719_ae1821d06f.jpg

Hello guys

I am new to the site and I have been looking at y'all's pictures

I would really like to update my scout troops like this.

Where could I find just the arms so I don't have to buy the doctor figure?

Thank you for any help and thank you for the awesome info y'all post.

Hello guys

I am new to the site and I have been looking at y'all's pictures

I would really like to update my scout troops like this.

Where could I find just the arms so I don't have to buy the doctor figure?

Thank you for any help and thank you for the awesome info y'all post.

Bricklink. Your best bet would be to buy the crazy scientist's torso with arms attached.