Sign in to follow this  
Asphalt

Heroica RPG- Quest #133: A Walk Through The Parlor

Note: Sorry Guys, I am away from my set pieces so I cannot update the picture for this room for you. Just imagine the chests and barrels scattered about more, rather than in their original arrangement.

Followed by Aristune, Keliim moves back into the Barrel Room. Aristune takes in the signs of battle, the open chests, and the broken bits of giant spiders.

barrel10.jpg

aristu11.jpg

It looks like quite the brawls took place here. Someone has ransacked nearly all of the chests and barrels, I hope they did not take the Key as well or we may be trapped here.

"Aye this is the room we explored before, fought some spiders and found some stuff. But didn't notice any Key, Thou remember were it was placed?

"Party leader, mind showing us the map so far?"

"Aye this is the room we explored before, fought some spiders and found some stuff. But didn't notice any Key, Thou remember were it was placed?

aristu11.jpg

It would not fit within a chest or barrel, so I put it against the wall, near the western facing door, then pushes a chest in front of it. I were in a hurry it is the best I was able to do while bleeding to death and being hounded by the seven hells know what.

map_th11.png

By pooling what they remember the party is able to make a sketch of where they have been and what they have encountered thus far.

OoC: For what map goes that is pretty much what I have also made so far.

"The key if 'tis still hither, as to be behind that chest then."

Keliim points at the chest that was moved against the western door and what the heroes didn't check the last time they where here. He walks over to it and moves the chest to check behind it

Edited by Mencot

As keliim moves the chest, and feels rather foolish for not doing it the first time they were here, he finds the second portal key sitting exactly where Aristune said it would be.

green_11.jpgEmerald Portal Key (WP 1, WOOD elemental, Staff)

Aristune looks on as Keliim moves the chest away from the door.

aristu11.jpg

So you are meaning to say that you were in this room long enough to ransack nearly every container, and fight an extended battle, yet you didn't notice the gleaming magical staff? By the Dunes, I don't know if I will be making it out of this after all.

Edited by Asphalt

Keliim just shruggs at Arustunes remark and then he throws the green Key over to Aristune.

"Thou hold on to that, try not to lose it this time!"

The big man pushes the Western door and opens it.

"We shall go this path now!"

Edited by Mencot

"Another one!" says Terry, before the realization that they were still several o go crushed his joy.

"You'll have to forgive us Aristune, I know for a fact I may be a bit... daft, eheh. I'll have to get my eyes and ears checked..."

Keliim just shruggs at Arustunes remark and then he throws the green Key over to Aristune.

"Thou hold on to that, try not to lose it this time!"

The big man pushes the Western door and opens it.

"We shall go this path now!"

Aristune catches the staff, and is about to respond when he sees Keliim opening the western door.

By the Seven Dunes, does he ever look before he plunges in. I told him I was fleeing those damnable Bore Beetles.

bore_b10.jpg

Prepare for Battle

Enemies

Domesticated Bore Beetle

domest10.jpg

Beast Type

Level 7

SP-2

Health 80/80

Special 1: Experience of my master: Because of his domestic training the beetle attacks with damage equal to twice the characters level.

Special 2: Mandibles of fire: the beetle ignites its digging fires and latches onto the character causing Burning -2 damage.

Drops: Trainers whip: Whip wP 5, double damage against Beasts,

Fireproof shell: The Insects large shell piece worth 20 gold at a magic shop.

40 Gold

Wild Bore Beetle A

bore_b11.jpg

Beast Type

Level 6

SP-1

Health 70/70

Special: Mandibles of fire: the beetle ignites its digging fires and latches onto the character causing Burning -2 damage for two rounds or until remedied.

Drops: Fireproof shell: The Insects large shell piece worth 20 gold at a magic shop.

Ruby

Wild Bore Beetle B

bore_b11.jpg

Beast Type

Level 6

SP-1

Health 70/70

Special: Mandibles of fire: the beetle ignites its digging fires and latches onto the character causing Burning -2 damage for two rounds or until remedied.

Drops: Fireproof shell: The Insects large shell piece worth 20 gold at a magic shop.

20 Gold

Spider A

lego_s10.jpg

Type: Vermin

Level: 3

Health: 15/15

Special: Web Spinner: The Spider spins a web around the character causing the Slowed Effect.

Drops:Remedy

Spider B

lego_s10.jpg

Special: Web Spinner: The Spider spins a web around the character causing the Slowed Effect.

Spider C

lego_s10.jpg

Special: Web drop: The Spider drops from the ceiling trailing webs over the character causing the Bound Effect.

Drops:Potion

The Party

The Party

15525882464_c28b5cf268_t.jpg

Kelim the Cruel (played by Mencot)

Age 35, male human

Level 8 Barbarian

Power: 13 (8+5)

Power Bonus: 0

Health: 15/15 (8+7)

SP: 2 (4 against Free Hits)

Gold: 19

Equipment: Dwarven Orichalcum one handed battleaxe (WP: 5), wolf fur coat(Prop) Heroic Helm (Headwear, SP:2, Helm's SP doubles on free hits)

Inventory:

Consumables: x4 Potion, Grand Potion, Smoke Bomb, Poison

Artefacts: Order Imperial Longsword (WP: 5),Really Hard Helmet (SP: 2, Immunity to Rock)

Misc: Shovel

16895570282_2f08bd649b_t.jpg

Calamity (played by Scubacarrot)

24 year old human Mage

Level 4

Power: 7 (4+ 3) (Spells X2 against Humanoid/Luminous)

Health: 8/8 (5+3)

Ether: 1/8 (5+3)

Gold: 17

Equipment: Skull-Topped Staff (WP: 3, staff),

Inventory: X2 Potion, Tonic, Amethyst, Remedy

Sapphire Portal Key (SP1, wind Elemental, Staff)

Gloves of the Falcon Brotherhood (worth 15 gold to the right fashion forward collector.)

16967108475_092a320e79_m.jpg

Rethinal (played by Rconn0)

58 year old Were-Eagle cleric

Level 4

Power: 7 (4+3)

Health: 7/12 (9+3)

Ether: 4/8 (5+3)

Equipment: Small hammer

Inventory: Potion, X4 Remedy, 2X Tonic

Tools: Chiton Pickaxe (Allows the user to dig through a breakable wall or obstacle.)

m0BoJW5.png

Terry Yelnats (played by Endgame)

Level 4 Mage

HP: 8/8 (5+2)

Ether: 8/8 (5+3)

Power: 7 (4 +3) (Spells X2 against Flying and Vermin)

Equipment: Cattle Prod Staff (WP: 3)

Inventory: X2 Potion, Remedy, Sapphire, 2X Bat Guano (can be thrown at an enemy to cause the Blind Effect)

Misc: Bedroll

rsz_haggard.png

Muradin Falstad (played by Cryos)

47 year old male dwarf

Level 4 Barbarian

Health: 9/11

SP:1

Gold: 7

Equipment: Granite Hammer (WP:3),Chiton Breastplate (SP:1, suitable for barbarians, knights, rogues, rangers, beast warriors, cannoneers, dragoons, harlots, inflitrators, marauders, minstrels, regulators, skirmishers, vindicators and winged warriors; bodywear.)

Artefacts:

Inventory: X3 Potion, Mead, Shovel

aristu11.jpg

Aristune (NPC)

26 year old Human

Level 6 Ranger

Health 11/11

Power 6

SP 3

Gold 0

Equipment: Initiates Brigandine (SP 3 Bodywear, usable only by Aristune)

Inventory: Magic Compass, Smoke Bomb, Bone

Emerald Portal Key (SP1, Wood Elemental, Staff)

Everyone please choose an action, and Party leader please post a battle order

Edited by Asphalt

Keliim angerly walks through the door and faces an horror, he looks at the Huuuge bugs and "God damn it, those looks as big as the Behemoth."He looks at Aristune and thinks "I asked that guy to guide us and give us some hints about this place but NOOO." The big man feels how the rage inside of him grows and he feels like throwing Aristune in front as a meatshield and go on slashing the bore beetles.

But then he comes to his sences and clams down, he has made an oath to protect others and in this situation he is the leader of this party and he as to think as an leader and use his leading skills to what it best.

"Thither is nay way we art going up against those things and walk out with our lives. I am not a person who flees a battle but I am not stupi'd to see that we art outnumber'd in power."

Edited by Mencot

OoC: Maybe I should ask the you others what do here, not just throw the Smokebomb. That is my opition to do and probably the best but What do you others say?

Edited by Mencot

"Six of us, six of them. We can take 'em. We can always leave if things start going wrong." Calamity says cheerfully.

"Six of us, six of them. We can take 'em. We can always leave if things start going wrong." Calamity says cheerfully.

aristu11.jpg

The Death Worshipper has Spirit. The Bore Beetles are massive. They are what the dwarves and the Locustoids used to carve these caverns. Beware their bite. Those maws have enough flame in them to turn the dunes to glass.

"So that's who domesticated them, the Lucostoids? I say we fight. We can handle 'em - the spiders are absolute pushovers, and we've only grown stronger swince we trashed those Carrion beetles."

aristu11.jpg

What? You have battled the Carrion Beetles? Something truly is wrong here. Those are the most docile of creatures. They were bread to clean the waste left by battle. As you might imagine a training field such as The Parlor, has much that needs to be cleaned. If they have become violent, something must have control over them. But now is not the time for discussion of past battles. Keliim seems to be your Cadre Leader, he wishes to flee what say the rest of you?

But now is not the time for discussion of past battles. Keliim seems to be your Cadre Leader, he wishes to flee what say the rest of you?

"I say stop bein' a bunch of ninnies."

The dwarf readies his greathammer, expecting the rest of the party to do the same.

OoC: We need to use a good battle strategy to win, so if anyone has some great advice, tell it.

Those spiders need to be killed so they don´t use the Net ability, wind is good on them so terry and Calamity use their attacks on them.

- I guess someone of us controls Aristunes battleactions, right?

"Great fighting spirt the party is showing although it wasn't necessary, there is brave but there is also foolish brave because there was no need for this fight." Keliim thought to himself

"Alright, then we fight." Keliim lifts his battleaxe up and shouts "To Victory 'r Death we Fight!"

"We ne'd to kill those spiders that they don´t use the nets on us."

The big man attacks Domesticated Bore Beetle from backrow.

Battleorder:

Keliim

Aristune

Calamity

Muradin

Terry

Rethinal

Edited by Mencot

Note: Yes, Aristune will take his cue from your commands to the group. Since you put emphasis on spiders, that is where he will focus first.

aristu11.jpg

As you command Keliim. Though many of us may fall, we will be victorious, for that is the will of the Sands.

Aristune Throws a Fist at Spider A from the Back Row.

Edited by Asphalt

OoC: Ok. Aristune can't use the Keystaff as a weapon I guess when you put him using his fists instead? Or is he a heavy hitter :wink:

Edited by Mencot

Note: No, rangers can only use ranged weapons. So he is just attacking with foot and fist.

Terry chooses to be daring, an odd development for him, and attacks the Domesticated Beetle from the back row.

Ohh It burns, it burns so much.

Round One

Keliim Attacks Domesticated Bore Beetle Fury: all enemies take 7 (13/2) Damage

Aristune Attacks Spider A: Hit, Spider A takes 3 (6/2) damage

Calamity Attacks (4):Miss

Muradin Attacks Spider C: Fury all enemies take damage 7 Damage, Spider A KO.

Terry Attacks Domesticated Bore Beetle:Critical hit, 5 (3X2+4)/2 Damage.

Rethinal Attacks Wild Bore Beetle A:Damage, Rethinal takes 6 Damage

Free hits

WBB B VS Keliim 6/2 -4 = zero damage.

Even though they left one beetle un-targeted the newly reinforced cadre leaves no enemy undamaged. With all three beetles taking heavy damage and the two remaining spiders nearly dead the party propels themselves whole heartedly into battle. All except Rethinal, who is near death from tangling with his bore beetle. Aristune yells at the beetles in a strange chittering tongue, and strangely enough one seems to lock eyes with him and answer back.

The Enemy

Domesticated Bore Beetle WHY DO YOU HOLD ME HERE? RELEASE ME! RELEASE ME!

domest10.jpg

Beast Type

Level 7

SP-2

Health 61/80

Special 1: Experience of my master: Because of his domestic training the beetle attacks with damage equal to twice the characters level.

Special 2: Mandibles of fire: the beetle ignites its digging fires and latches onto the character causing Burning -2 damage.

Drops: Trainers whip: Whip wP 5, double damage against Beasts,

Fireproof shell: The Insects large shell piece worth 20 gold at a magic shop.

40 Gold

Wild Bore Beetle A

bore_b11.jpg

Beast Type

Level 6

SP-1

Health 56/70

Ruby

Wild Bore Beetle B

bore_b11.jpg

Beast Type

Level 6

SP-1

Health 56/70

20 Gold

Spider B

lego_s10.jpg

Health: 1/15

Spider C

lego_s10.jpg

Health: 1/15

Special: Web drop: The Spider drops from the ceiling trailing webs over the character causing the Bound Effect.

Drops:Potion

The Party

The Party

15525882464_c28b5cf268_t.jpg

Kelim the Cruel (played by Mencot)

Age 35, male human

Level 8 Barbarian

Power: 13 (8+5)

Power Bonus: 0

Health: 15/15 (8+7)

SP: 2 (4 against Free Hits)

Gold: 19

Equipment: Dwarven Orichalcum one handed battleaxe (WP: 5), wolf fur coat(Prop) Heroic Helm (Headwear, SP:2, Helm's SP doubles on free hits)

Inventory:

Consumables: x4 Potion, Grand Potion, Smoke Bomb, Poison

Artefacts: Order Imperial Longsword (WP: 5),Really Hard Helmet (SP: 2, Immunity to Rock)

Misc: Shovel

16895570282_2f08bd649b_t.jpg

Calamity (played by Scubacarrot)

24 year old human Mage

Level 4

Power: 7 (4+ 3) (Spells X2 against Humanoid/Luminous)

Health: 8/8 (5+3)

Ether: 1/8 (5+3)

Equipment: Skull-Topped Staff (WP: 3, staff),

Inventory: X2 Potion, Tonic, Amethyst, Remedy

Sapphire Portal Key (SP1, wind Elemental, Staff)

Gloves of the Falcon Brotherhood (worth 15 gold to the right fashion forward collector.)

16967108475_092a320e79_m.jpg

Rethinal (played by Rconn0)

58 year old Were-Eagle cleric

Level 4

Health: 1/12 (9+3)

Ether: 4/8 (5+3)

Equipment: Small hammer

Inventory: Potion, X4 Remedy, 2X Tonic

Tools: Chiton Pickaxe (Allows the user to dig through a breakable wall or obstacle.)

m0BoJW5.png

Terry Yelnats (played by Endgame)

Level 4 Mage

HP: 8/8 (5+2)

Ether: 8/8 (5+3)

Power: 7 (4 +3) (Spells X2 against Flying and Vermin)

Equipment: Cattle Prod Staff (WP: 3)

Inventory: X2 Potion, Remedy, Sapphire, 2X Bat Guano (can be thrown at an enemy to cause the Blind Effect)

Misc: Bedroll

rsz_haggard.png

Muradin Falstad (played by Cryos)

47 year old male dwarf

Level 4 Barbarian

Health: 9/11

SP:1

Gold: 7

Equipment: Granite Hammer (WP:3),Chiton Breastplate (SP:1, suitable for barbarians, knights, rogues, rangers, beast warriors, cannoneers, dragoons, harlots, inflitrators, marauders, minstrels, regulators, skirmishers, vindicators and winged warriors; bodywear.)

Artefacts:

Inventory: X3 Potion, Mead, Shovel

aristu11.jpg

Aristune (NPC)

26 year old Human

Level 6 Ranger

Health 11/11

Power 6

SP 3

Gold 0

Equipment: Initiates Brigandine (SP 3 Bodywear, usable only by Aristune)

Inventory: Smoke Bomb, Bone

Emerald Portal Key (SP1, Wood Elemental, Staff)

Everyone please choose an action, and Party leader please post a battle order

Edited by Asphalt