Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#130: Sisters in Salmanda

"Just wait until we get into a dark alley, hun. You will learn not to steal a phrase from me ever again."

Heckz fakes a smile and grabs the Firefox. He then goes to the Luxor Dunes unless instructed otherwise by his fellow questees.

heroicaquest130-periwinkle.jpg

"Pfft, I know old grannies who are more threatening than you!"

The fiery fox was so focused on the barrel of meat that Heckz had no trouble catching it.

heroicaquest130-abranfirefox.jpg

"Wa-pa-pa-pa-pow!"

After stuffing the fox into his bag-of-holding, the sorcerer headed to the Luxor Dunes, followed by the dismayed Periwinkle. The day turned to evening when then left the gates of Salmanda and entered the scrubby sands stretching into the horizon. Only stunted bushes and cacti grew on the sand.

"What's the big plan, now? I don't think even Aunt Esther is senile enough to wander here. I've already gotten my shoes full of sand..."

Alarmed by Periwinkle's whingy voice, a tall cactus in front of them moved and opened its two oggly eyes.

heroicaquest130-luxordunesevening.jpg

"Umm... Hello?"

The disturbed cactoid suddenly swung its branch towards the pair, and they had no choice but to defend themselves.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

heroicaquest130-cactoid.jpgCactoid

*Wood-elemental attacks* *Immune to asleep, sealed and petrified*

Type: Plant

Level: 10

Health: 1000/1000

Special: Needle Shower- Causes a total of 100 wood-elemental damage regardless of row to the opposing party, divided among standing opponents as equally as possible.

Drops: Demeter Bomb, Cactoid Flower (quest item)

Party at the Scrubby Sands:

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpgJohn 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer

Level 25 1/3 *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost* *Darkness Spells Cause Weakened* *Encouraged*

Power: 37 (25+12) (Spellpower: 47 (25+12+10))

Defense: 0

Health: 33/33 (5+24+4)

Ether: 36/36 (5+24+1+5+1)

Gold: 630

Equipment: Solemn Scythe (WP: 12, darkness-elemental scythe, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, Phoenix Essence, 3x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, Nostrum, 2x Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Lovely Perfume (Makes all opponents enamored with the user for 3 rounds when used; consumable), Heady Perfume (Makes non-humanoid monsters avoid attacking the party unless provoked. Effect lasts for one section of the day before wearing out.), 7 Bones, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly, Old Teddy (quest item), Abran Firefox (quest item)

heroicaquest130-periwinkle.jpgPeriwinkle (NPC, controlled by Khorne)

19 years old female human Cleric

Level 31 *Divert Attacks* *Immune to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed*

Power: 32 (31+1)

Health: 39/39 (9+30)

Ether: 35/35 (5+30)

Gold: 43

Equipment: Jaws' Mop (WP:1, double damage against aquatic enemies; broomstick), Narcissus Mirror (User has 1/2 chance to divert all attacks to the next ally in turn; accessory), Periwinkle Ribbon (Grants immunity to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed; suitable for Periwinkle only; headwear)

Inventory: Remedy, Neutralizer, Tiger Balm

Time: Evening of the First Day

Influence: 1

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Assignment: “Hmm, I wonder where Aunt Esther disappeared all of a sudden…” ~Periwinkle

Reward: ???

Family Reunion

Assignment: “Our phamily came to visit this city all the way phrom the Pharphar Island. Unphortunately I phirst lost sight oph my husband and then my son ran ophph. Please help me phind them bephore anything bad happens to them!” ~Nephri Mimphish, a Pharpharian tourist

Reward: “I can give you this book I’ve been reading on the trip, ‘Phiphty Shades oph Bley’.”

Abolish the Black Market

Assignment: “The shady black market dealers prowling the Souk area by night have been seriously hampering our sales. The Sun Guards have arrested many, but new ones keep budding up. The head of the snake must be cut off in order to end it once and for all, so we ask you to find the person recruiting these dealers, finish him off and bring us proof that you did.” ~Merchants of the Souk

Reward: Increase the haggling rate at the markets in the Souk.

Mystery Meat

Assignment: “Want to know the secret ingredient of my delicious kebabs? It is meat, of course – any kind I can get my hands on. If you can act as my provider, I’d be most grateful.” ~Kabob, owner of the Kebab Stall

Reward: “One gold for every lump of meat you bring me, and all the kebabs you can eat for free.”

Where the Wild Things Are

Assignment: “Those accursed animal rights activists struck Marmaduc’s Menagerie again, releasing five rare creatures from their cages. Instead of running into the wild, the animals fled to the city. Please help me find them or the boss will feed me to the crocodiles! All five of them bear intricate brands.” ~Istaban, zookeeper at the Menagerie

Reward: “If you can find all five of them, I’ll give you this rare Fenghuang Incense.”

1. Abran Firefox
  2. Angel-crested Cockatoo
  3. Flower-tailed Flying Squirrel
  4. Mistarian Grey Panther
  5. Pearl Sea Porpoise

Big Love

Assignment: “There is nothing I, Rex the Rhinotaur, dare not face – except the wrath of my wife Rhiannon. I did something that pissed her off and she stomped away. Can you find her and do something to appease her anger?” ~Rex the Rhinotaur, the Mighty Mercenary

Reward: “My mercenary services for as long as you stay in Salmanda, free of charge.”

"I find that fierce ladies often couple themselves with fierce men. She's not likely to physically harm me just for bringing you up though, is she?"

heroicaquest130-rex.jpg

"HARDLY! My sweet rhododendron is more prone to slice men with her sharp tongue. Just make sure you don't try anything with her! She is irresistably beautiful, I know, but I would hate to grind my new friends to mush for laying a finger on her."

QM Note: A piece of advice, if you will; you should investigate the region you are in thoroughly before moving to another. That way you won't waste time and get a clearer picture of what is where. Remember that you will not be able to enter every place until you've gathered enough influence, so completing subquests is the key. And the more you have explored, the better you can piece out the solutions to these subquests.

"Pfft, I know old grannies who are more threatening than you!"

"I know old grannies who dress, act and pretty much do anything better than you. You must be one, though ,due to all this nagging that is hurting my precious ears."

heroicaquest130-abranfirefox.jpg

"Wa-pa-pa-pa-pow!"

Heckz, for once, actually didn't find an animal so bad. It would make for a perfect fur coat, he thought.

"What's the big plan, now? I don't think even Aunt Esther is senile enough to wander here. I've already gotten my shoes full of sand..."

"Go to the resort like we planned. Or do you want to spend the whole day in that god awful Souk?"

As soon as Perwinkle says 'Hello', Heckz facepalms and discusses the plan of attack.

"So, should we smokity our way out of this peeking cactus or do you want drink a few drinks and find the luck to fight it?"

heroicaquest130-rex.jpg

"HARDLY! My sweet rhododendron is more prone to slice men with her sharp tongue. Just make sure you don't try anything with her! She is irresistably beautiful, I know, but I would hate to grind my new friends to mush for laying a finger on her."

"Don't worry about it mate, we'll respect ya marriage. Lets check out the rest of the docks before we leave lads"

Sarge approaches the blacksmith Genie, and gestures at his items for sale "What've you got?"

Edited by Pyrovisionary

"And once we're done here, and before I go talk to the lady and you're off to the resort..." Boomingham glances over at the Lodestar Inn. "Fish-face said those were the best drinks in town. Might as well start the evening out right."

OoC: Khorne, I advise you make Periwinkle do nothing from the back row.

"Peridickle, would you mind if you sat down and relaxed a bit in the back?"

Heckz drinks a Smelling Salts and a Nostrum from the back row.

Battle Order:

Periwinkle

Heckz

Edited by Cutcobra

"Fine, I'll keep it out of it, mr. Big-Mouth Wizard"

Periwinkle does nothing from the back row.

"Right, I'll just go ahead and scout out the bar already", Eric smirked, as the other Heroes went their ways.

Sarge approaches the blacksmith Genie, and gestures at his items for sale "What've you got?"

The genie smith glanced up from the anvil.

heroicaquest130-djiminissmithy.jpg

heroicaquest130-djimini.jpg

"Thou are not worthy of my services. I, Djimini, only serve locals and those travellers who have proven their worth to the Dream Forge. Thy accomplishments are still insufficient."

The genie returned to his work, paying no more attention to Sarge. The party needs 3 influence to get served at Djimini's smithy.

"Right, I'll just go ahead and scout out the bar already", Eric smirked, as the other Heroes went their ways.

Ignoring the fancy-talking genie, Eric stepped into the Lodestar Inn. A Sun Elf was tending the bar, serving a werelioness. A black knight was playing cards against a Pharpharian.

heroicaquest130-lodestarinn.jpg

heroicaquest130-wyndam.jpg

"Greetings, viking! Are you here to drink or rest? We rent beds for 50 gold, with a complimentary drink to go with it."

Drink List at the Lodestar Inn:

heroica-mead.jpgMead (Causes the encouraged-effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle.) Costs 20 gold.

heroica-smellingsalts.jpgSmelling Salts (Causes the hastened-effect, allowing the target to act twice in one round for the duration of one battle.) Costs 30 gold.

heroica-nostrum.jpgNostrum (Causes the lucky-effect, allowing the target to roll the battle die twice and get the better result of the two for the duration of one battle.) Costs 40 gold.

heroica-soma.jpgSoma (Causes the blessed-effect, allowing the target to recover a tenth of their maximum health at the end of each round for the duration of one battle.) Costs 50 gold.

heroica-mulledwine.jpgMulled Wine (Causes the inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle.) Costs 60 gold.

heroicaquest130-shariph.jpg

"Phor phucks sake, phoiled again!"

heroicaquest130-blackscorpionknight1.jpg

"That'sh whazz you ghet forr messhing with the bhig boysh, tourisht", the drunken knight slurred.

Sometime later in the Luxor Dunes...

"Oh, so now you want to cooperate?"

Results of Round One of the Cactoid Battle:

>Periwinkle does nothing

>Heckz uses Smelling Salts - (Heckz: hastened)

>Heckz uses Nostrum - (Heckz: lucky)

Cactoid - Free Hit on Periwinkle (Peri: 39-(10/2=5 dmg)=34 health)

Periwinkle prepares to take the cactoid's attack while Heckz corks a few drinks. The plant monster does not seem particularly threatening at this point.

Enemies:

*Wood-elemental attacks* *Immune to asleep, sealed and petrified*

Health: 1000/1000

Special: Needle Shower- Causes a total of 100 wood-elemental damage regardless of row to the opposing party, divided among standing opponents as equally as possible.

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpgJohn 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

Level 25 1/3 *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost* *Darkness Spells Cause Weakened* *Encouraged* *Hastened* *Lucky*

Ether: 36/36 (5+24+1+5+1)

Equipment: Solemn Scythe (WP: 12, darkness-elemental scythe, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, Phoenix Essence, 3x Mead, Smelling Salts, 2x Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Lovely Perfume (Makes all opponents enamored with the user for 3 rounds when used; consumable), Heady Perfume (Makes non-humanoid monsters avoid attacking the party unless provoked. Effect lasts for one section of the day before wearing out.), 7 Bones, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly, Old Teddy (quest item), Abran Firefox (quest item)

Level 31 *Divert Attacks* *Immune to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed*

Health: 34/39 (9+30)

Ether: 35/35 (5+30)

Equipment: Jaws' Mop (WP:1, double damage against aquatic enemies; broomstick), Narcissus Mirror (User has 1/2 chance to divert all attacks to the next ally in turn; accessory), Periwinkle Ribbon (Grants immunity to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed; suitable for Periwinkle only; headwear)

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Assignment: “Hmm, I wonder where Aunt Esther disappeared all of a sudden…” ~Periwinkle

Family Reunion

Assignment: “Our phamily came to visit this city all the way phrom the Pharphar Island. Unphortunately I phirst lost sight oph my husband and then my son ran ophph. Please help me phind them bephore anything bad happens to them!” ~Nephri Mimphish, a Pharpharian tourist

Reward: “I can give you this book I’ve been reading on the trip, ‘Phiphty Shades oph Bley’.”

Abolish the Black Market

Assignment: “The shady black market dealers prowling the Souk area by night have been seriously hampering our sales. The Sun Guards have arrested many, but new ones keep budding up. The head of the snake must be cut off in order to end it once and for all, so we ask you to find the person recruiting these dealers, finish him off and bring us proof that you did.” ~Merchants of the Souk

Mystery Meat

Assignment: “Want to know the secret ingredient of my delicious kebabs? It is meat, of course – any kind I can get my hands on. If you can act as my provider, I’d be most grateful.” ~Kabob, owner of the Kebab Stall

Reward: “One gold for every lump of meat you bring me, and all the kebabs you can eat for free.”

Assignment: “Those accursed animal rights activists struck Marmaduc’s Menagerie again, releasing five rare creatures from their cages. Instead of running into the wild, the animals fled to the city. Please help me find them or the boss will feed me to the crocodiles! All five of them bear intricate brands.” ~Istaban, zookeeper at the Menagerie

Reward: “If you can find all five of them, I’ll give you this rare Fenghuang Incense.”

1. Abran Firefox
  5. Pearl Sea Porpoise

Big Love

Assignment: “There is nothing I, Rex the Rhinotaur, dare not face – except the wrath of my wife Rhiannon. I did something that pissed her off and she stomped away. Can you find her and do something to appease her anger?” ~Rex the Rhinotaur, the Mighty Mercenary

Reward: “My mercenary services for as long as you stay in Salmanda, free of charge.”

Heckz ignores Perwinkle's nagging this time as he feels the power of the unofficial Heroica Cocktail running through his veins.

Heckz blasts the Cactoid with some blood-affected Darkness and then gives it a nice Icy frostbite, all from the back row.

Periwinkle should probably heal herself in the back row.

Battle Order:

Periwinkle

Heckz

The genie smith glanced up from the anvil.

heroicaquest130-djimini.jpg

"Thou are not worthy of my services. I, Djimini, only serve locals and those travellers who have proven their worth to the Dream Forge. Thy accomplishments are still insufficient."

The genie returned to his work, paying no more attention to Sarge. The party needs 3 influence to get served at Djimini's smithy.

Sarge glares at the genie before huffing in contempt and strutting off to the bar to get some alcohol . Who did he think he was, denying good money for weapons. Dream forged or not, sarge was angry. Bloody blue things were cowards anyway, Eugene (From #42) was at least.

Inside the bar, he sees the green, lisping, thing and speaks. "Ya wife is looking for ya by the temple of Danab mate. She'll be mighty pissed if you don't go find her so chop chop matey."

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Boomingham wanders into the bar and orders a mead, sitting down opposite to the bar tender. "What are the best places to see in town if you're a tourist?" he asks, and then over his shoulder to the others: "just a quick drink for me to steady my nerves before I go talk to a frightening madam."

Results of Round Two of the Cactoid Battle:

>Heckz (Darkness) vs. Cactoid - Spell/Great Spell (Cactoid: 1000 health-(59x2=118 dmg)=882 health+jinxed+weakened; Heckz: -2 ether)

>Heckz (Ice) vs. Cactoid - Damage/Shield/Great Spell/Sleight of Hand (Razzmatazz of Ice - Cactoid: 882 health-(47x4=188 dmg)=694 health+stunned; Heckz: -1 ether)

>Periwinkle heals herself - Shield (Miracle - Periwinkle: +33 health, -1 ether)

Heckz blasts the cactoid with a few debilitating spells, while Periwinkle calls to the Mother to heal her. The cactoid still stands, although wobbling from the impact of Heckz's spells.

Enemies:

*Wood-elemental attacks* *Immune to asleep, sealed and petrified* *Jinxed* *Weakened* *Stunned*

Health: 694/1000

Level 25 1/3 *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost* *Darkness Spells Cause Weakened* *Encouraged* *Hastened* *Lucky*

Ether: 34/36 (5+24+1+5+1)

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, Phoenix Essence, 3x Mead, Smelling Salts, 2x Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Lovely Perfume (Makes all opponents enamored with the user for 3 rounds when used; consumable), Heady Perfume (Makes non-humanoid monsters avoid attacking the party unless provoked. Effect lasts for one section of the day before wearing out.), 7 Bones, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly, Old Teddy (quest item), Abran Firefox (quest item)

Ether: 34/35 (5+30)

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Family Reunion

Abolish the Black Market

Mystery Meat

1. Abran Firefox
  5. Pearl Sea Porpoise

Big Love

Inside the bar, he sees the green, lisping, thing and speaks. "Ya wife is looking for ya by the temple of Danab mate. She'll be mighty pissed if you don't go find her so chop chop matey."

Sarge saw a fervor burning in the Pharpharian man's eyes as he spoke to him.

"Oh, I know that. But Nephri can wait phor a while longer, I just have to get at least one win with these cards..."

Discovered a new subquest!

Game of Life and Death

Assignment: “This game called Decamon, it’s so addictive! I need to play just one more match, then I will stop phor good, honest!” ~Shariph Mimphish, a Pharpharian gambler

Reward: “I will bet my priced Decamodiphier in the match.”

Boomingham wanders into the bar and orders a mead, sitting down opposite to the bar tender. "What are the best places to see in town if you're a tourist?"

"That will be 20 gold, milord. Will you drink it here or do you want me to pack it for you to be enjoyed later? If you are travellers here, you should at least see the Menagerie at Luxor Dunes that is run by the local tycoon, Marmaduc. He has all sorts of fantastic creatures locked up in there, although lately there have been some activists freeing them into the wild, saying animals do not belong into cages. Oh, and the Floral Square by the Palace District is a sight to behold, as well. A band plays there every evening. Just steer away from the Slums, a man dressed as fancy as you are will stick out like a sore thumb over there."

Party at the Lodestar Inn:

eric_5_av_zps64ee0fc1.jpgEric (Khorne) *Party Second-in-Command*

30 year old norseman Raider

Level 27 *Natural Respite* *Evasion* *Immune to Fragile, Weakened, Asleep, Water and Earth*

Power: 51 (27+22+2)

Defense: 5

Health: 50/50 (8+7+26+4+5)

Gold: 223

Equipment: Godricsleif (WP: 22; Ice-, Lightning-, Darkness-elemental; greatsword), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from Weakened; handwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from Fragile; bodywear), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row + Immunity to Water, Earth and Asleep; footwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Conspirator (WP:18, causes Blinded; longsword), Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Dual Strike; axe), 6 Silverfish Wings (WP:8, retrievable, throwing dagger), 2 Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8, causes cursed-effect, retrievable, throwing weapon)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth)

Consumables: Potion, 10 Grand Potions, Health Core, 3 Elixirs, 3 Remedies, Neutralizer, 7 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrum, 5 Mulled Wine, Ambrosia, Dragon Scale, Venom, Deadly Venom, 2 Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.), Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Bone

BoominghamMock2.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

48 years old human Paladin

Level 33 3/4 *Immune to Darkness, Fire, Fragile, Stunned, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness*

Power: 52 (33+14+4+1)

Defense: 11 (7+4)

Health: 47/56 (10+32+11+2+1)

Ether: 33/33

Gold: 320

Equipment: Frozen Saber (WP: 14; light-, ice- and wind-elemental; inflicts stunned; great sword), Round Metal Shield (SP:7), Tome of Affluence (+10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle; grants immunity to fragile, asleep, weakened, blindness, darkness and fire; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear.), Scarlet Hood (SP:4, grants immunity to stunned)

Inventory:

Weapons: Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep), Silver Sword (WP: 18, Longsword), Scupperer (WP: 17; darkness-, fire- and earth-elemental; inflicts bleeding and poisoned by 10; great sword)

Artifacts: Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (Power +4; Ether -6; headwear), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle), Amulet of Optimism (Adds the confused-effect to all attacks; accessory, suitable to Erdathcath only)

Spell Items: Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile; costs 5 Ether; 50/50 chance), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragility, Scroll of Sealing, Emerald Lamp of Summoning (0/3), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: Potion, Health Core, x2 Remedy, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, x7 Mead, x3 Nostrum, Ambrosia, x2 Smelling Salts, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Jinxy Juice, Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Hair of the Dog, x2 Grating Stone, Oculoid Miasma, Oculoid Fireworks, Saber Teeth, Mythril Shard

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe

img_6932.pngSgt. Jon McEncy (Pyrovisionary) *Party Leader*

54 year old male human Black Knight

Level 23 *Immune to Blinded and Stunned* *Poisonous Defense* *Permanently Hastened*

Power: 48 (23+21+2+2)

Defense: 20 (16+4)

Health: 47/47 (7+22+9+3+3+3)

Gold: 400

Equipment: Demonic Scissors (WP:21, dual strike, Light and Darkness elemental, Hollow [Potion], dagger), Serpenthead Shield (SP:16, causes poisoned by 2-effect to anyone physically attacking the user, shield), Pegleg of Hastening (Permanent Hastened effect to the user; Immune to Blinded, suitable to Sarge only; footwear), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect; suitable for black knights; bodywear), Swift boots (Changes HIDE into STEAL & HIDE, allowing the wearer to steal gold equal to the target’s level if it carries gold in addition to hiding)

Inventory:

Weapons Wooden Spear (WP:4, wood-elemental spear)

Artifacts Monkey Armor (SP:4, immune to earth and bound; suitable to knights, beast warriors, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors; bodywear), Ranger’s Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors; backwear), Sterope’s Headdress (Grants the ability to spend a turn to fly out of a battle and return to it later if it is still going; the wearer cannot affect the battle in any way when they are away from it; suitable to winged warriors only; headwear)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: 3 Potions, 2 Grand potions, Health Core, 4 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, Sleep Bomb, Gold Ring (worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), 2 Bones, Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Business Card

"Got to drink it here, right?" Boomingham places the gold on the counter and downs the drink. "Thank you for the tips, chap. I'll be sure to check them out." Boomingham turns to his traveling companions. "Like I said, I'll meet you at the beach! Don't have too much fun without me." And with that Boomingham returns to the Holy District and the area outside the Great Library.

OoC: The second spell that Heckz did should have been multiplied by 6 because of Encouraged, Weakened and plants being vulnerable to ice.

"Should have never messed with me, hideous beast! Can't blame you for attacking the cleric, though."

Heckz casts two ice spells at Cactoid from the back row.

Periwinkle heals Heckz if he is hurt.

Battle Order:

Heckz

Periwinkle

Edited by Cutcobra

OoC: The second spell that Heckz did should have been multiplied by 6 because of Encouraged, Weakened and plants being vulnerable to ice.

QM Note: Sorry, but you're thinking about the fragile-effect. Weakened halves the damage that the enemies make.

I'll be autorolling the battle to get it over with

Results of Round Three of the Cactoid Battle:

>Heckz (Ice) vs. Cactoid - Spell/Special Damage/Spell/Shield (Razzmatazz of Ice - Cactoid: 694 health-(47x4=188 dmg)=506 health; Heckz: -1 ether)

>Heckz (Ice) vs. Cactoid - Damage/Sleight of Hand/Great Spell/Sleight of Hand (Cactoid: 506 health-(59x4=236 dmg)=270 health; Heckz: -1 ether)

>Periwinkle does nothing

Heckz keeps on pummelling the enemy with his icy spells while Periwinkle pours sand out of her shoes.

Results of Round Four of the Cactoid Battle:

>Heckz (Ice) vs. Cactoid - Sleight of Hand/Damage/Sleight of Hand/Damage (Cactoid: confused; Heckz: -1 ether)

>Heckz (Ice) vs. Cactoid - Great Spell/Damage/Sleight of Hand/Damage (Cactoid: 270 health-(59x4=236 dmg)=34 health; Heckz: -1 ether)

>Periwinkle does nothing

The cactoid still stands even though Heckz covers it with ice and curses. Periwinkle concentrates on her fingernails.

Results of Round Five of the Cactoid Battle:

>Heckz (Ice) vs. Cactoid - Damage/Sleight of Hand/Damage/Great Spell (Cactoid: 34 health-(59x4=236 dmg)=0 health; Heckz: -1 ether)

>Heckz (Ice) vs. Cactoid

>Periwinkle does nothing

Periwinkle hides her yawn as Heckz shoots one last spell at the cactoid that finally brings it down.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Heckz gains a third of a level while Periwinkle gains a fourth. The enemy drops the following items:

heroica-demeterbomb.jpgDemeter Bomb (Deals 100 wood-elemental damage to all opponents when used.)

heroica-cactoidflower.jpgCactoid Flower (quest item)

Level 25 2/3 *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost* *Darkness Spells Cause Weakened*

Ether: 29/36 (5+24+1+5+1)

Level 31 1/4 *Divert Attacks* *Immune to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed*

"Got to drink it here, right?" Boomingham places the gold on the counter and downs the drink. "Thank you for the tips, chap. I'll be sure to check them out." Boomingham turns to his traveling companions. "Like I said, I'll meet you at the beach! Don't have too much fun without me." And with that Boomingham returns to the Holy District and the area outside the Great Library.

"Like I said, I can pack drinks to go. But it is your choice, milord."

After gulping down the mead, Boomingham returned to the Sanctity Street to look for Rex's wife Rhiannon. He found her talking to a red-garbed priestess in front of a temple. Evening had fallen.

heroicaquest130-sanctitystreet2.jpg

heroicaquest130-rhiannon.jpg

"'My love is in the hands of others'? What does that even mean, O Oracle?"

heroicaquest130-oracle.jpg

"That is for you to find out." The priestess glanced at the approaching Boomingham. "Sooner than soon."

Party at the Sanctity Street:

Level 33 3/4 *Immune to Darkness, Fire, Fragile, Stunned, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness* *Encouraged*

Equipment: Frozen Saber (WP: 14; light-, ice- and wind-elemental; inflicts stunned; great sword), Round Metal Shield (SP:7), Tome of Affluence (+10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle; grants immunity to fragile, asleep, weakened, blindness, darkness and fire; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear.), Scarlet Hood (SP:4, grants immunity to stunned)

Inventory:

Weapons: Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep), Silver Sword (WP: 18, Longsword), Scupperer (WP: 17; darkness-, fire- and earth-elemental; inflicts bleeding and poisoned by 10; great sword)

Artifacts: Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (Power +4; Ether -6; headwear), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle), Amulet of Optimism (Adds the confused-effect to all attacks; accessory, suitable to Erdathcath only)

Spell Items: Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile; costs 5 Ether; 50/50 chance), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragility, Scroll of Sealing, Emerald Lamp of Summoning (0/3), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: Potion, Health Core, x2 Remedy, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, x6 Mead, x3 Nostrum, Ambrosia, x2 Smelling Salts, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Jinxy Juice, Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Hair of the Dog, x2 Grating Stone, Oculoid Miasma, Oculoid Fireworks, Saber Teeth, Mythril Shard

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Family Reunion

Abolish the Black Market

Mystery Meat

1. Abran Firefox
  5. Pearl Sea Porpoise

Big Love

Game of Life and Death

Assignment: “This game called Decamon, it’s so addictive! I need to play just one more match, then I will stop phor good, honest!” ~Shariph Mimphish, a Pharpharian gambler

Eric stood with his back against the bar, his elbows leaning on the top. He surveyed the inn and its guest while casually speaking with the bartender, every now and then turning his head towards the Sun-Elf to acknowledge his presence in the conversation.

"Meh, I'll sleep when I'm dead," Eric jokingly said and then waved away his statement with his hand, "or later tonight, you know. I'll where I end up. I still have the beach to check out. Plenty of stuff to see there, so I've heard"

Eric smirked. He noticed the weird green creature playing cards and vaguely remembered seeing a similar specimen some time earlier. Eric couldn't quite recall what the deals was with these weirdos and frankly he just couldn't care less. His shoulders were broad, but he had no intention of carrying the world's burden on them, whatsoever. The Nord was in the game of life mainly for himself. When Eric picked up that the green creature was looking for someone to play cards with, the Nord spun around quickly. Decamon wasn't his game.

He licked his lips and drummed on the bar with his hands. "Can you pour me a Mead? I only have a measly 16 Gold on me, though..."

Eric tried to look as doe-eyed and harmful as possible to convince the bartender. 4 Gold saved here is another step towards greater wealth.

"Also, got any sweet rumors? Perhaps even some nasty stories about these 'Sisters' that have been popping up all over town?"

He licked his lips and drummed on the bar with his hands. "Can you pour me a Mead? I only have a measly 16 Gold on me, though..."

"Also, got any sweet rumors? Perhaps even some nasty stories about these 'Sisters' that have been popping up all over town?"

"Sorry, viking, but I only keep taps for frequent patrons. If you want to haggle, go to the Souk. But talk is free, of course." The Sun Elf looked around to see if anybody was listening and leaned closer. "I can tell you that the gathering of the Sisters brews trouble for the whole city. Have you heard of the Venomari Cult rising in the southern marshes of Kalma? Their Cobra Priests specialize in poisons and diseases, and they see the healers of Danab as a threat. They blame it on the religious differences, but if you ask me, the Venomari just want to lead their people out of the badlands and conquer the city-states of the coast. The only thing preventing them are the Sisters of Danab who can heal their poisons. With so many of them gathered here in Salmanda, you can bet that the Venomari will attempt something. The Almagesta won't do anything about it, though, for the old crone is too busy tending her garden and throwing fiests to the rich folk!" The elf got flustered. "I misspoke, sorry. You didn't hear that from me, okat?"

Sarge, who was sitting down at a seat by the bar, hears Eric's plea and places 24 gold pieces on the bar, and gesturing for Eric to do the same, murmurs to the barman "Two meads if you will mate."

The old man turns in his seat to face the two men. His legs -leg- drape the sides of the chair. "That green thing is all that's keeping us here, let's get him to

, and see if we can't rough it on the beach with bedrolls."

Creakily, Sarge rises like a drawbridge and slams his hands down on the Decamon table, trying to intimidate the green man; "Ya wife is worried sick so get back to her NOW maggot!" The drill seargent in him awakens as he snarls the order.

Heckz looks at Periwinkle as the power of the Heroica Cocktail leaves him.

"Stop being useless from once and get back up. We've got a brat to take back and a resort to have a massage in."

Heckz heads for the Menagerie.

Loot:

Heckz - Demeter Bomb, Cactus Flower

Periwinkle - Some sand

"Sorry, viking, but I only keep taps for frequent patrons. If you want to haggle, go to the Souk. But talk is free, of course." The Sun Elf looked around to see if anybody was listening and leaned closer. "I can tell you that the gathering of the Sisters brews trouble for the whole city. Have you heard of the Venomari Cult rising in the southern marshes of Kalma? Their Cobra Priests specialize in poisons and diseases, and they see the healers of Danab as a threat. They blame it on the religious differences, but if you ask me, the Venomari just want to lead their people out of the badlands and conquer the city-states of the coast. The only thing preventing them are the Sisters of Danab who can heal their poisons. With so many of them gathered here in Salmanda, you can bet that the Venomari will attempt something. The Almagesta won't do anything about it, though, for the old crone is too busy tending her garden and throwing fiests to the rich folk!" The elf got flustered. "I misspoke, sorry. You didn't hear that from me, okat?"

"Sheesh, you drive a hard bargain, friend," Eric said, while raising his eyebrows at the innkeeper's refusal to drop prices. He gave the Sun-Elf a short, but stern look, before slowly breaking into a slight chuckle. "We're all try to earn some gold here, I guess."

The Nord tapped the side of his nose and winked at the bartender. "The Venomari Cult, eh? Yeah, some shitty Dwarf named Throlar told me that story."

Eric then chipped in 16 Gold to Sarge's coin and raised his fresh Mead in praise of the old man. With a look of child-like amusement on his face, he watched Sarge ramble against the green man. Eric laughed and then turned his attention to the Were-Lioness that was also standing at the bar.

"He sure puts the black in Black Knight, doesn't he?" Eric said, while nodding towards the two card players, indicating the Black Knight. A wide grin came to Eric's face as he then burst into laughter over his own joke. Soon, his cool attitude returned and his icy eyes sought out those of the Lioness. "What brings you to Salmanda, kitty-kat?"

"Thank you, kind sir" Peri said, very much sarcastically when Heckz handed her some sand. She promptly tossed it away, giving the Sorceror an angry glare.

"Hail, m'lady!" Boomingham bows deeply to Rhiannon, but keeps an eye on the priestess of what he assumes is the Oracle. He recalls, briefly, his last run-in with the Sand Queen and her brusque manner... but nows not the time for that. He tries his best, as he always does, to be diplomatic. "Are you perhaps the lovely Rhiannon that I have heard so very much about? My name is Lord Lawrence T. Boomingham, King of the Lost Kingdom, Slayer of the Eternal Reaper and Steerpike the Poisoner and I guess the Queen of the Sirens as well, now. I would be honored if you granted me audience."

Sarge, who was sitting down at a seat by the bar, hears Eric's plea and places 24 gold pieces on the bar, and gesturing for Eric to do the same, murmurs to the barman "Two meads if you will mate."

"Here you go, sires. I assume you want to drink them right away." The bartender took the gold from Eric and Sarge and poured them two meads.

Creakily, Sarge rises like a drawbridge and slams his hands down on the Decamon table, trying to intimidate the green man; "Ya wife is worried sick so get back to her NOW maggot!" The drill seargent in him awakens as he snarls the order.

The Pharpharian jolted out of his seat and stared at Sarge in terror.

"Sir! Yes, sir!!!"

The Pharpharian then disappeared out of the door swiftly as wind. Subquest "Game of Life and Death" has failed!

The drunken black knight collected the Decamon cards that the tourist left behind.

heroicaquest130-blackscorpionknight1.jpg

"Told him he wash waaay out of hizz league..."

"He sure puts the black in Black Knight, doesn't he?" Eric said, while nodding towards the two card players, indicating the Black Knight. A wide grin came to Eric's face as he then burst into laughter over his own joke. Soon, his cool attitude returned and his icy eyes sought out those of the Lioness. "What brings you to Salmanda, kitty-kat?"

The werelioness grinned at Eric.

heroicaquest130-nalahfiremane.jpg

"I wouldn't mess around with that fellow. He may be drunken, but he is one of the Royal Rainbow Knights, the elite force of the Almagesta. There are numerous ways you can get into trouble in this city, but getting involved with the royalty is the last thing you will want to do. What comes to me, I am just here to find some fortune and glory with some friends of mine." The werelioness extended her paw. "Nalah Firemane, pleased to meet you."

Party at the Lodestar Inn:

eric_5_av_zps64ee0fc1.jpgEric (Khorne) *Party Second-in-Command*

30 year old norseman Raider

Level 27 *Natural Respite* *Evasion* *Immune to Fragile, Weakened, Asleep, Water and Earth* *Encouraged*

Power: 51 (27+22+2)

Defense: 5

Health: 50/50 (8+7+26+4+5)

Gold: 207

Equipment: Godricsleif (WP: 22; Ice-, Lightning-, Darkness-elemental; greatsword), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from Weakened; handwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from Fragile; bodywear), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row + Immunity to Water, Earth and Asleep; footwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Conspirator (WP:18, causes Blinded; longsword), Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Dual Strike; axe), 6 Silverfish Wings (WP:8, retrievable, throwing dagger), 2 Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8, causes cursed-effect, retrievable, throwing weapon)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth)

Consumables: Potion, 10 Grand Potions, Health Core, 3 Elixirs, 3 Remedies, Neutralizer, 7 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrum, 5 Mulled Wine, Ambrosia, Dragon Scale, Venom, Deadly Venom, 2 Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.), Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Bone

img_6932.pngSgt. Jon McEncy (Pyrovisionary) *Party Leader*

54 year old male human Black Knight

Level 23 *Immune to Blinded and Stunned* *Poisonous Defense* *Permanently Hastened* *Encouraged*

Power: 48 (23+21+2+2)

Defense: 20 (16+4)

Health: 47/47 (7+22+9+3+3+3)

Gold: 376

Equipment: Demonic Scissors (WP:21, dual strike, Light and Darkness elemental, Hollow [Potion], dagger), Serpenthead Shield (SP:16, causes poisoned by 2-effect to anyone physically attacking the user, shield), Pegleg of Hastening (Permanent Hastened effect to the user; Immune to Blinded, suitable to Sarge only; footwear), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect; suitable for black knights; bodywear), Swift boots (Changes HIDE into STEAL & HIDE, allowing the wearer to steal gold equal to the target’s level if it carries gold in addition to hiding)

Inventory:

Weapons Wooden Spear (WP:4, wood-elemental spear)

Artifacts Monkey Armor (SP:4, immune to earth and bound; suitable to knights, beast warriors, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors; bodywear), Ranger’s Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors; backwear), Sterope’s Headdress (Grants the ability to spend a turn to fly out of a battle and return to it later if it is still going; the wearer cannot affect the battle in any way when they are away from it; suitable to winged warriors only; headwear)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: 3 Potions, 2 Grand potions, Health Core, 4 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, Sleep Bomb, Gold Ring (worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), 2 Bones, Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Business Card

Time: Afternoon of the First Day

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Family Reunion

Abolish the Black Market

Mystery Meat

1. Abran Firefox
  5. Pearl Sea Porpoise

Big Love

Game of Life and Death

*FAILED!*

Heckz heads for the Menagerie.

It did not take long for the pair to reach the walled area in the dunes that held the Menagerie. A hulking ogre was guarding the main gate.

heroicaquest130-menagerie-evening.jpg

heroicaquest130-menagerieguard.jpg

"Evening. It's almost closing time, but I'll let you in if you be quick about it. The entrance fee is 25 gold per person."

Party at Marmaduc's Menagerie:

Level 25 2/3 *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost* *Darkness Spells Cause Weakened*

Ether: 29/36 (5+24+1+5+1)

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, Phoenix Essence, 3x Mead, Smelling Salts, Demeter Bomb, 2x Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Lovely Perfume (Makes all opponents enamored with the user for 3 rounds when used; consumable), Heady Perfume (Makes non-humanoid monsters avoid attacking the party unless provoked. Effect lasts for one section of the day before wearing out.), 7 Bones, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly, Old Teddy (quest item), Abran Firefox (quest item), Cactoid Flower (quest item)

Level 31 1/4 *Divert Attacks* *Immune to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed*

"Hail, m'lady!" Boomingham bows deeply to Rhiannon, but keeps an eye on the priestess of what he assumes is the Oracle. He recalls, briefly, his last run-in with the Sand Queen and her brusque manner... but nows not the time for that. He tries his best, as he always does, to be diplomatic. "Are you perhaps the lovely Rhiannon that I have heard so very much about? My name is Lord Lawrence T. Boomingham, King of the Lost Kingdom, Slayer of the Eternal Reaper and Steerpike the Poisoner and I guess the Queen of the Sirens as well, now. I would be honored if you granted me audience."

Rhiannon looked confused.

"'HUH? Are you mistaking me for the queen? Or is this some sort of ploy to lure me into a dark alley? Mind you, I am a married woman! ...Although sometimes my lousy husband makes me wish I wasn't."

Party at the Sanctity Street:

Level 33 3/4 *Immune to Darkness, Fire, Fragile, Stunned, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness* *Encouraged*

Inventory:

Consumables: Potion, Health Core, x2 Remedy, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, x6 Mead, x3 Nostrum, Ambrosia, x2 Smelling Salts, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Jinxy Juice, Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Hair of the Dog, x2 Grating Stone, Oculoid Miasma, Oculoid Fireworks, Saber Teeth, Mythril Shard

"It is your very same lousy husband who has sent me on my current quest. I met him while wandering the city, and despite my best efforts I could not even get him to so much as smile. He lamented to me how he had wounded his poor wife's heart, and he could never be content until that wound was healed. Now, see, I'm a married man myself, and I understand that marriage is difficult. Problems come up. But I have never met a more earnestly apologetic man for his crimes than your husband. He simply wishes to see you again, to prove himself worthy of your forgiveness."

The werelioness grinned at Eric.

"I wouldn't mess around with that fellow. He may be drunken, but he is one of the Royal Rainbow Knights, the elite force of the Almagesta. There are numerous ways you can get into trouble in this city, but getting involved with the royalty is the last thing you will want to do. What comes to me, I am just here to find some fortune and glory with some friends of mine." The werelioness extended her paw. "Nalah Firemane, pleased to meet you."

The Nord raised an eyebrow in acted disbelief. Faking surprise or shock, he mouthed the word 'wow' and then pointed his thumb at the Black Knight. "He's part of the what now? The Rainbow Knights?", Eric chuckled at the silly name, "He doesn't look that threatening to me. Especially with that pink banner. Anyway."

Eric proceeded to take Nalah's extended paw in his hand and kissed it. "Eric. Eric of the North", he introduced himself. He paused briefly and with a cheeky, but smug smile, he added: "Sirenslayer. Because what the point in killing them, if you can't brag about it later?", Eric laughed and winked. "No surname for me."

"So, fame and glory is what you seek here, eh? Can't say we're very different then, you and me. Except for that gorgeous pelt covering your body and that red mane, of course."

The Nord subtly ran a strand of the Werelioness' red mane through his fingers. The man had a weakness for redheads, be they Human or Werelion. He quickly let go, though. Now wasn't the time to do stupid things. "Are all of your friends in Salmanda Werelions, like yourself?", Eric asked trying a to steer towards a neutral topic of conversation.

Periwinkle tugged Heckz sleeve to get his attention, then pointed towards a green blob in the distance. "Isn't that one of those Farfaraway-ians we're looking for?"

"It is your very same lousy husband who has sent me on my current quest. I met him while wandering the city, and despite my best efforts I could not even get him to so much as smile. He lamented to me how he had wounded his poor wife's heart, and he could never be content until that wound was healed. Now, see, I'm a married man myself, and I understand that marriage is difficult. Problems come up. But I have never met a more earnestly apologetic man for his crimes than your husband. He simply wishes to see you again, to prove himself worthy of your forgiveness."

Rhiannon drew a deep breath of air and started laying out the facts.

"So Rex sent you to sway my mind. HA! That self-centered brickhead must have run out of clean loincloths! Did you hear what the buffoon did? He tried to kiss a Sister of Danab in front of my eyes! All he cares is his job and his booze! NO! I refuse to be his slave anymore! Not until he starts paying some attention to me! I don't even remember when was the last time he brought me flowers or took me out to eat - let alone bought me something nice!"

It looks like the way to Rhiannon's heart was through classic romanticism. Subquest "Big Love" updated!

Big Love

1. Bring flowers
  2. Take out to eat
  3. Buy something nice

Eric proceeded to take Nalah's extended paw in his hand and kissed it. "Eric. Eric of the North", he introduced himself. He paused briefly and with a cheeky, but smug smile, he added: "Sirenslayer. Because what the point in killing them, if you can't brag about it later?", Eric laughed and winked. "No surname for me."

Nalah laughed at Eric's courting.

"Haha, you mistake me for a delicate flower, Eric of the North. Many men want to share my bed, but few can stand my claws." Nalah flashed her razorsharp nail. "Firemane is not a surname, either. Me and the others just call ourselves by these monickers. It's our thing."

"Are all of your friends in Salmanda Werelions, like yourself?", Eric asked trying a to steer towards a neutral topic of conversation.

"Yeah. We are actually a group of friends from Lagravis Village in Terra Chima. None of us looked forward to a future of hunting, fishing or farming, so we decided to jump to the next ship west and seek our fortune abroad. We tried Njago and Nagashan already, and now we are here. We heard of an insanely rich fellow called Marmaduc who hires adventurers and mercenaries to gather all sorts of treasures and strange creatures for his collections, and thought he might have a job opening. Too bad the folks in Salmanda seem wary of outsiders, so we haven't managed to get an audience with Marmaduc, yet. Apparently you have to be influential enough in the eyes of the locals to get to see him. What a load of crocodile dung!"

Boomingham bows once more. "Rex has asked me to see that your wish is my command. I believe he said something about collecting beautiful trinkets for you just as we were parting ways. I am certain everything will work out. I swear on my heart, he is a true soul." Boomingham bows a second or third or fourth time (who can recall) as he steps away from Rhiannon. He looks at the Oracle. "May I have a word, lovely? I believe one of the veterans of my Hall is a priestess of your order. I have great respect for her, and would love to meet someone else of her talents."

OoC: Just out of curiosity, is this the "Sanctuary" or is that elsewhere in the Holy District?