Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#130: Sisters in Salmanda

OoC: Apologies... I could swear that you made a post about going to the souk, I'm also headed to the Grand Library. :laugh:

Boomingham sets off down the street, heading for the Grand Library. It takes him a block or two to realize that Eric and Sarge are walking only a few paces behind him. Boomingham begins to chuckle. "Guess that's what I get for assuming," he says as he falls back into pace with his companions. "Didn't take you for book lovers."

Ooc: I did, then I changed my mind, because I wanna find the sister quickly and allow Heckz to unlock Harlot. :grin: We're in the holy district we may aswell go to the library.

Sarge looks at Boomingham and shrugs. "I aint, but Aunt Esther might be, intelectual type an all." The old man pauses, taking a moment to scratch his beard and cough a little " Never really had time for reading in the Bonapartes. Reno worked us marines like animals, which, we were." He chuckles slightly, and gives Boomingham a wide grin. "What ya after at the library mate?"

"My wife always told me I was drinking it away, but I do have a brain in this head of mine." Boomingham taps his temple with his index finger. "My father had me with tutors from a very young age. I was taught to read and write, and I've been doing both since then. One of the perks of growing up a prince."

"My wife always told me I was drinking it away, but I do have a brain in this head of mine." Boomingham taps his temple with his index finger. "My father had me with tutors from a very young age. I was taught to read and write, and I've been doing both since then. One of the perks of growing up a prince."

Sarge gives a slight chuckle "My second-born tells me the same thing." For a second, Sarge's face goes white "Another daughter, not the witch-born one..." He cocks his head and raises an eyebrow when he hears that Boomingham was a prince, bloody aristocrats, lording it over the rest of us. He points at his pegleg "One of the perks of growing up a soldier."

Edited by Pyrovisionary

"I'm not one to turn away from a good story, but I rather have it told or played out than having to read it. I can read, though, and I read plenty back in the North. I haven't really read much since I left home. Your letters look funny to me, I prefer our runes."

He then laughed at Sarge's comment. "Bloody hell, Sarge! How many of those younglings have you got roaming Olegard?"

He then laughed at Sarge's comment. "Bloody hell, Sarge! How many of those younglings have you got roaming Olegard?"

The old man sniggers smugly "3. I think." Sarge counts on his fingers, murmuring various names. After 3 fingers his eyes widen. "Nah, 4. All daughters, but don't you get any ideas." The old man snarls the last part at Eric then winks. "2 of em are upstanding bloody citizens, both married, in Eubric. One's sailin' the crystalline sea, just like her dad. You'd like her Eric." He smiles proudly "The other is... the witch's child." Sarge gives out a long sigh, and leaves it that; he hadnt seen that girl since she was a baby.

"Got any family lads? Eric, you mentionned a sister didnt ya once, in Babeleth."

Edited by Pyrovisionary

The trio of heroes walked along the main street - that the signs said to be called Sanctity Street - that stretched through the Holy District until they came to a large building with a carving of a book to indicate it was the library they were looking for.

heroicaquest130-sanctitystreet.jpg

The door to the library was closed, and a pair of Lucustoids were standing in front of it, arguing.

heroicaquest130-falishjiivni.jpg

"What. Do. You. Mean. You. Lost. It. Fahad?"

heroicaquest130-fahadjiivni.jpg

"I. Swear. I. Had. It. With. Me. At. The. Resort. Falish. I. Must. Have. Dropped. It..."

"You. And. Your. Scattered. Brain!"

Time: Midday of the First Day

Influence: 0

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Assignment: “Hmm, I wonder where Aunt Esther disappeared all of a sudden…” ~Periwinkle

Reward: ???

Family Reunion

Assignment: “Our phamily came to visit this city all the way phrom the Pharphar Island. Unphortunately I phirst lost sight oph my husband and then my son ran ophph. Please help me phind them bephore anything bad happens to them!” ~Nephri Mimphish, a Pharpharian tourist

Reward: “I can give you this book I’ve been reading on the trip, ‘Phiphty Shades oph Bley’.”

Party at Sanctity Street:

eric_5_av_zps64ee0fc1.jpgEric (Khorne) *Party Second-in-Command*

30 year old norseman Raider

Level 27 *Natural Respite* *Evasion* *Immune to Fragile, Weakened, Asleep, Water and Earth*

Power: 51 (27+22+2)

Defense: 5

Health: 50/50 (8+7+26+4+5)

Gold: 223

Equipment: Godricsleif (WP: 22; Ice-, Lightning-, Darkness-elemental; greatsword), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from Weakened; handwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from Fragile; bodywear), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row + Immunity to Water, Earth and Asleep; footwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Conspirator (WP:18, causes Blinded; longsword), Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Dual Strike; axe), 6 Silverfish Wings (WP:8, retrievable, throwing dagger), 2 Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8, causes cursed-effect, retrievable, throwing weapon)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth)

Consumables: Potion, 10 Grand Potions, Health Core, 3 Elixirs, 3 Remedies, Neutralizer, 7 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrum, 5 Mulled Wine, Ambrosia, Dragon Scale, Venom, Deadly Venom, 2 Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.), Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Bone

BoominghamMock2.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

48 years old human Paladin

Level 33 3/4 *Immune to Darkness, Fire, Fragile, Stunned, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness*

Power: 52 (33+14+4+1)

Defense: 11 (7+4)

Health: 47/56 (10+32+11+2+1)

Ether: 33/33

Gold: 340

Equipment: Frozen Saber (WP: 14; light-, ice- and wind-elemental; inflicts stunned; great sword), Round Metal Shield (SP:7), Tome of Affluence (+10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle; grants immunity to fragile, asleep, weakened, blindness, darkness and fire; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear.), Scarlet Hood (SP:4, grants immunity to stunned)

Inventory:

Weapons: Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep), Silver Sword (WP: 18, Longsword), Scupperer (WP: 17; darkness-, fire- and earth-elemental; inflicts bleeding and poisoned by 10; great sword)

Artifacts: Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (Power +4; Ether -6; headwear), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle), Amulet of Optimism (Adds the confused-effect to all attacks; accessory, suitable to Erdathcath only)

Spell Items: Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile; costs 5 Ether; 50/50 chance), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragility, Scroll of Sealing, Emerald Lamp of Summoning (0/3), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: Potion, Health Core, x2 Remedy, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, x6 Mead, x3 Nostrum, Ambrosia, x2 Smelling Salts, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Jinxy Juice, Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Hair of the Dog, x2 Grating Stone, Oculoid Miasma, Oculoid Fireworks, Saber Teeth, Mythril Shard

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe

img_6932.pngSgt. Jon McEncy (Pyrovisionary) *Party Leader*

54 year old male human Black Knight

Level 23 *Immune to Blinded and Stunned* *Poisonous Defense* *Permanently Hastened*

Power: 48 (23+21+2+2)

Defense: 20 (16+4)

Health: 47/47 (7+22+9+3+3+3)

Gold: 400

Equipment: Demonic Scissors (WP:21, dual strike, Light and Darkness elemental, Hollow [Potion], dagger), Serpenthead Shield (SP:16, causes poisoned by 2-effect to anyone physically attacking the user, shield), Pegleg of Hastening (Permanent Hastened effect to the user; Immune to Blinded, suitable to Sarge only; footwear), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect; suitable for black knights; bodywear), Swift boots (Changes HIDE into STEAL & HIDE, allowing the wearer to steal gold equal to the target’s level if it carries gold in addition to hiding)

Inventory:

Weapons Wooden Spear (WP:4, wood-elemental spear)

Artifacts Monkey Armor (SP:4, immune to earth and bound; suitable to knights, beast warriors, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors; bodywear), Ranger’s Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors; backwear), Sterope’s Headdress (Grants the ability to spend a turn to fly out of a battle and return to it later if it is still going; the wearer cannot affect the battle in any way when they are away from it; suitable to winged warriors only; headwear)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: 3 Potions, 2 Grand potions, Health Core, 4 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, Sleep Bomb, Gold Ring (worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), 2 Bones, Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Business Card

Meanwhile at the temple, Periwinkle was waiting for Heckz to make up his mind on where to go next.

heroicaquest130-periwinkle.jpg

"Are you always this slow, or is the sun getting to your head?"

Party at the Temple of Danab:

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpgJohn 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer

Level 25 1/3 *Immune to Sealed* *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost*

Power: 37 (25+12) (Spellpower: 47 (25+12+10))

Defense: 3

Health: 33/33 (5+24+4)

Ether: 36/36 (5+24+1+5+1)

Gold: 720

Equipment: Solemn Scythe (WP: 12, darkness-elemental scythe, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear),Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, Phoenix Essence, 3x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Lovely Perfume (Makes all opponents enamored with the user for 3 rounds when used; consumable), 7 Bones, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly

heroicaquest130-periwinkle.jpgPeriwinkle (NPC, controlled by Khorne)

19 years old female human Cleric

Level 31 *Divert Attacks* *Immune to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed*

Power: 32 (31+1)

Health: 39/39 (9+30)

Ether: 35/35 (5+30)

Gold: 43

Equipment: Jaws' Mop (WP:1, double damage against aquatic enemies; broomstick), Narcissus Mirror (User has 1/2 chance to divert all attacks to the next ally in turn; accessory), Periwinkle Ribbon (Grants immunity to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed; suitable for Periwinkle only; headwear)

Inventory: Remedy, Neutralizer, Tiger Balm

Too many witnesses...

He says while looking at Periwinkle.

"Let's go to the Souk. I'm too smart for a library and you are probably too dumb for it."

Heckz equips the Cloak of Blood Magic.

OoC: Sorry if I didn't understand, but am I also supposed to go to the Grand Library?

Edited by Cutcobra

QM Note: Like I said, you can freely split up. Just don't come crying to me if you get into a battle against impossible odds. :tongue:

Periwinkle lifted her chin up.

"I'd rather be dumb than full of myself."

Despite the scorching sun, the tension was chilly as a winter night when the sorcerer and the cleric made their way through the city to the Souk. It was afternoon when they reached their destination.

heroicaquest130-souk.jpg

heroicaquest130-kabob.jpg

"Get your tummies full with Kabob's kebabs! The secret ingredient will water your mouth!"

Besides the loud weremosquito pushing his suspicious meat produces, three merchants were selling their knicks and knacks at the market. The local custom seemed to be that all prices were negotiable by haggling.

heroicaquest130-akbar.jpg

"My wares are everyday necessities that you just cannot live without!"

Akbar’s Exquisite Requisites

heroica-potion.jpgPotion (Restores 10 health to the target.) Costs 12 gold.

heroica-tonic.jpgTonic (Restores 5 ether to the target.) Costs 35 gold.

heroica-grandpotion.jpgGrand Potion (Restores 25 health to the target.) Costs 20 gold.

heroica-greaterpotion.jpgGreater Potion (Restores 50 health to the target.) Costs 36 gold.

heroica-elixir.jpgElixir (Restores 50 health and 10 ether to the target and removes all negative effects from the target during a battle.) Costs 80 gold.

heroica-remedy.jpgRemedy (Removes all negative effects from the target during a battle.) Costs 21 gold.

heroica-neutralizer.jpgNeutralizer (Removes all temporary effects from all allies and all opponents.) Costs 75 gold.

heroica-phoenixessence.jpgPhoenix Essence (Revives a fallen ally with full health during a battle.) Costs 102 gold.

heroica-smokebomb.jpgSmoke Bomb (Allows the party to escape the battle.) Costs 15 gold.

heroica-blindbomb.jpgBlind Bomb (Deals 5 damage and the blinded-effect to all opponents when used.) Costs 103 gold.

heroica-stunbomb.jpgStun Bomb (Deals 5 damage and the stunned-effect to all opponents when used.) Costs 105 gold.

heroica-bedroll.jpgBedroll (Allows the user to rest and regain health and ether in a safe place.) Costs 6 gold.

heroica-shovel.jpgShovel (Allows the hero to dig the ground in search of a treasure.) Costs 17 gold.

heroica-magnifyingglass.jpgMagnifying Glass (Allows the hero to see trap triggers.) Costs 61 gold.

heroicaquest130-fatim.jpg

"You will find my merchandise superior to everything else here."

Fatim’s Wondrous Sundries

heroica-grandpotion.jpgGrand Potion (Restores 25 health to the target.) Costs 18 gold.

heroica-grandtonic.jpgGrand Tonic (Restores 15 ether to the target.) Costs 53 gold.

heroica-tigerbalm.jpgTiger Balm (Grants immunity to all effects - positive and negative - for one battle.) Costs 110 gold.

heroica-phoenixessence.jpgPhoenix Essence (Revives a fallen ally with full health during a battle.) Costs 92 gold.

heroica-fenghuangessence.jpgFenghuang Essence (Automatically revives the target once upon KO for the duration of one battle when consumed.) 242 gold.

heroica-venom.jpgVenom (Use on a weapon to make it cause the poisoned by 1-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle, making the poisoned enemy lose 1 health each turn. Several venoms can be used to increase the effect.) Costs 9 gold.

heroica-deadlyvenom.jpgDeadly Venom (Use on a weapon to make it cause the poisoned by 10-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle, making the poisoned enemy lose 10 health each turn. Several venoms can be used to increase the effect.) Costs 80 gold.

heroica-minimizingdust_zpse6123e7f.jpgMinimizing Dust (Deals the minimized-effect to the target, reducing maximum power/level, HP, and ether to 10% of the normal.) Costs 131 gold.

heroica-skadibomb.jpgSkadi Bomb (Deals 100 ice-elemental damage to all opponents when used.) Costs 140 gold.

heroica-headyperfume.jpgHeady Perfume (Makes non-humanoid monsters avoid attacking the party unless provoked. Effect lasts for one section of the day before wearing out.) Costs 50 gold.

heroica-pickaxe.jpgPickaxe (Allows the user to dig through a breakable wall or obstacle.) Costs 24 gold.

heroica-magiccompass.jpgMagic Compass (Allows the hero to know the right direction.) Costs 118 gold.

heroica-mythril.jpgMythril (A very rare metal.) Costs 1209 gold.

heroicaquest130-sayid.jpg

"I can satisfy the needs of even the pickiest customers."

Sayid’s Bizarre Bazaar

heroica-potion.jpgPotion (Restores 10 health to the target.) Costs 10 gold.

heroica-tonic.jpgTonic (Restores 5 ether to the target.) Costs 32 gold.

heroica-grandtonic.jpgGrand Tonic (Restores 15 ether to the target.) Costs 58 gold.

heroica-greatertonic.jpgGreater Tonic (Restores 30 ether to the target.) Costs 84 gold.

heroica-remedy.jpgRemedy (Removes all negative effects from the target during a battle.) Costs 20 gold.

heroica-neutralizer.jpgNeutralizer (Removes all temporary effects from all allies and all opponents.) Costs 73 gold.

heroica-venom.jpgVenom (Use on a weapon to make it cause the poisoned by 1-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle, making the poisoned enemy lose 1 health each turn. Several venoms can be used to increase the effect.) Costs 11 gold.

heroica-smokebomb.jpgSmoke Bomb (Allows the party to escape the battle.) Costs 10 gold.

heroica-confusebomb.jpgConfuse Bomb (Deals 5 damage and the confused-effect to all opponents when used.) Costs 96 gold.

heroica-headyperfume.jpgHeady Perfume (Makes non-humanoid monsters avoid attacking the party unless provoked. Effect lasts for one section of the day before wearing out.) Costs 67 gold.

heroica-hexedidol.jpgHexed Idol (Causes the hexed-effect to one humanoid enemy, making it act against an ally instead of the heroes for one turn. Breaks after one use. ) Costs 52 gold.

heroica-bedroll.jpgBedroll (Allows the user to rest and regain health and ether in a safe place.) Costs 5 gold.

heroica-shovel.jpgShovel (Allows the hero to dig the ground in search of a treasure.) Costs 20 gold.

heroica-telescope.jpgTelescope (Allows the user to see far.) Costs 45 gold.

Eyeing through the wares, Heckz saw a notification posted on the wall near the markets.

“The shady black market dealers prowling the Souk area by night have been seriously hampering our sales. The Sun Guards have arrested many, but new ones keep budding up. The head of the snake must be cut off in order to end it once and for all, so we ask you to find the person recruiting these dealers, finish him off and bring us proof that you did.” ~Merchants of the Souk

Discovered a new subquest: Abolish the Black Market!

Time: Afternoon of the First Day

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Assignment: “Hmm, I wonder where Aunt Esther disappeared all of a sudden…” ~Periwinkle

Family Reunion

Assignment: “Our phamily came to visit this city all the way phrom the Pharphar Island. Unphortunately I phirst lost sight oph my husband and then my son ran ophph. Please help me phind them bephore anything bad happens to them!” ~Nephri Mimphish, a Pharpharian tourist

Reward: “I can give you this book I’ve been reading on the trip, ‘Phiphty Shades oph Bley’.”

Abolish the Black Market

Assignment: “The shady black market dealers prowling the Souk area by night have been seriously hampering our sales. The Sun Guards have arrested many, but new ones keep budding up. The head of the snake must be cut off in order to end it once and for all, so we ask you to find the person recruiting these dealers, finish him off and bring us proof that you did.” ~Merchants of the Souk

Reward: Increase the haggling rate at the markets in the Souk.

Party at the Souk:

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpgJohn 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

Level 25 1/3 *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost* *Darkness Spells Cause Weakened*

Defense: 0

Gold: 720

Equipment: Solemn Scythe (WP: 12, darkness-elemental scythe, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, Phoenix Essence, 3x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Lovely Perfume (Makes all opponents enamored with the user for 3 rounds when used; consumable), 7 Bones, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly

Level 31 *Divert Attacks* *Immune to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed*

Equipment: Jaws' Mop (WP:1, double damage against aquatic enemies; broomstick), Narcissus Mirror (User has 1/2 chance to divert all attacks to the next ally in turn; accessory), Periwinkle Ribbon (Grants immunity to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed; suitable for Periwinkle only; headwear)

Heckz looks around the Souk and finds nothing like the woman in distress from the Holy District. He goes to the center and shouts.

"Did anyone here lose a wife?!"

He then notices a mysterious person behind Akbar's shop and, taking in mind the notice from before, walks up to him. In the meantime, he avoided the two strange critters that were lurking about.

"What are you doing there, boo-ddy?"

"Did anyone here lose a wife?!"

The weremosquito flinched from Heckz's shouting.

"There are nobody's wives in Kabob's delicious kebabs, that I swear! Want to try some? It's just 5 gold a plate."

"What are you doing there, boo-ddy?"

heroicaquest130-man1.jpg

"Just doing some shopping, sahib. What's it to you?"

QM Note: The notification also said the black market dealers have been sighted at nights. :tongue:

[...]The old man snarls the last part at Eric then winks. "2 of em are upstanding bloody citizens, both married, in Eubric. One's sailin' the crystalline sea, just like her dad. You'd like her Eric."[...]

"Got any family lads? Eric, you mentionned a sister didnt ya once, in Babeleth."

Eric grinned when Sarge mentioned his sea-roaming daughter. "I'm sure I would like her. She's one of the none married ones, right?", he queried as his grin slid into a sneaky smile.

His smile faded, however, when Sarge asked for Eric's relatives. For a second, Eric seemed confused. The Nord couldn't recall talking about his sister to anyone. Then again, Babeleth was some time ago. His answer to Sarge was short and said in a somewhat annoyed and aggressive tone, coated with a hint of sadness indicating that Eric's separation from his relatives hurted the man. "Adoptive sister. Norra. With her skills, she's probably our father's heir now, with me being gone. I also had an older brother, Lod. He died."

Eric quickly changed the subject by jerking his head towards the Locustoids. "Look at the prawns arguing. If I was a betting man, I'd wager they lost the key."

Eric quickly changed the subject by jerking his head towards the Locustoids. "Look at prawns arguing. If I was a betting man, I'd wager they lost the key."

The Lucustoids overheard Eric's jab.

heroicaquest130-grandlibrary.jpg

"Excuse. Me? Prawns?!"

The female Lucustoid pointed at Boomingham.

"Look. Fahad! Isn't. That. One of. The men. That visited us. At the Inn. In Eubric. Some Years. Ago?"

"Ah, yes! You were. Helping. Mr. Szalinski. Back then. Correct?"

"You are. Right. Nevertheless. He did. Lose. The key."

Heckz cringed at the sight of Kabob, but those Kebabs sounded delicious.

"I'll take one, please. Say, did you see a blue looking person that, from what I heard, was a Farfarian?"

He then looks at the other man.

"Nothing. Just wondering if anyone saw a 'Farfarian'."

Edited by Cutcobra

Heckz cringed at the sight of Kabob, but those Kebabs sounded delicious.

"I'll take one, please. Say, did you see a blue looking person that, from what I heard, was a Farfarian?"

"Excellent! One plate of steaming hot kebab coming up. One for you, too, Miss?"

Periwinkle wrinkled her nose at the sight of the bucket full of meat that a firered fox was poking at.

"Ungh! I'll pass, thanks."

Heckz gulped down the kebab. It had a funny aftertaste, but it left him feeling encouraged.

"Taste good, yes? Now that you mention it, I did see a blue-green boy walk past here. He wanted to visit the Menagerie, so I directed him towards the Luxor Dunes."

Periwinkle was disgusted by the grease dripping from Heckz's lips.

"How could you put something like that in your mouth?! Mother knows that I've put all sorts of sausages in mine, but nothing that repulsive!"

"Hmm, it is true that your friend here is particularly courageous. I shall let you in on a secret of mine..."

Discovered a new subquest!

Mystery Meat

Assignment: “Want to know the secret ingredient of my delicious kebabs? It is meat, of course – any kind I can get my hands on. If you can act as my provider, I’d be most grateful.” ~Kabob, owner of the Kebab Stall

Reward: “One gold for every lump of meat you bring me, and all the kebabs you can eat for free.”

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Family Reunion

Abolish the Black Market

Assignment: “The shady black market dealers prowling the Souk area by night have been seriously hampering our sales. The Sun Guards have arrested many, but new ones keep budding up. The head of the snake must be cut off in order to end it once and for all, so we ask you to find the person recruiting these dealers, finish him off and bring us proof that you did.” ~Merchants of the Souk

Mystery Meat

Assignment: “Want to know the secret ingredient of my delicious kebabs? It is meat, of course – any kind I can get my hands on. If you can act as my provider, I’d be most grateful.” ~Kabob, owner of the Kebab Stall

Reward: “One gold for every lump of meat you bring me, and all the kebabs you can eat for free.”

Party at the Souk:

Level 25 1/3 *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost* *Darkness Spells Cause Weakened* *Encouraged*

Gold: 715

Equipment: Solemn Scythe (WP: 12, darkness-elemental scythe, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, Phoenix Essence, 3x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Lovely Perfume (Makes all opponents enamored with the user for 3 rounds when used; consumable), 7 Bones, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly

OOC: Do I control Peri outside of battle, too?

"Excuse. Me? Prawns?!"

"Hmm, what?", Eric reacted, faking surprise and childishly pretending not to know what he just said or what the Locustoid was referring to.

"You are. Right. Nevertheless. He did. Lose. The key."

"Called it.", Eric triumphantly stated, his usual grin widening. "Any idea where you might've lost it?"

Eric grinned when Sarge mentioned his sea-roaming daughter. "I'm sure I would like her. She's one of the none married ones, right?"

"Yeah, no man's been able to tether her, yet." Sarge smiles slyly.

The Nord couldn't recall talking about his sister to anyone.

Ooc: I must have remembered one of Eric's self reflective comments, my memory tends to be reflective of the middle aged man sarge is :laugh: .

Turning to the locustoids, Sarge straightens up, trying to look professional. " Wouldn't've happened to have seen a sister of danab? Just one, long white robes and a balaclava, old?"

Heckz spits the grease at Periwinkle.

"I'll do anything to get that book now that you were too useless to give it to me. Now, shut up and stop copying my fabulous self."

"I'll be on the lookout for any pieces of fat, Mister Kabo-"

Heckz stop before saying the word 'boob' since it does not follow his rules of endearment.

He looks at the man buying things at Akbar's.

"Nothing. Just wondering, did you happen to see an elderly person in white robes? She had a hood."

He then buys a Smoke Bomb from Sayid's Bazaar and a Heady Perfume from Fatim's Sundries.

OOC: Do I control Peri outside of battle, too?

"Any idea where you might've lost it?"

QM Note: Not really. She's a NPC, so she has a mind of her own, although she will go where you want her to go. Also, if you want to make purchases with her, just say the word.

"Me. And. The wife. Had. A small. Vacation. At. The Amenra. Beach Resort. I must. Have. Dropped. It there. Somewhere."

"Good luck. Combing. The whole beach. Fahad."

"You are. Not serious! But. What about. My poor back?"

"Your poor back. Didn't. Bother you. When you. Were. Oggling. The half-naked. Girls. At the beach!"

Turning to the locustoids, Sarge straightens up, trying to look professional. " Wouldn't've happened to have seen a sister of danab? Just one, long white robes and a balaclava, old?"

"This. Entire. City. Is. Filled with. Sisters. Now. Didn't. You hear. They are. Having. A gathering. Of sorts. At their. Temple?"

He looks at the man buying things at Akbar's.

"Nothing. Just wondering, did you happen to see an elderly person in white robes? She had a hood."

heroicaquest130-man1.jpg

"You mean a Sister of Danab, sahib? Yes, I've seen a couple of dozen of them all over the city."

He then buys a Smoke Bomb from Sayid's Bazaar and a Heady Perfume from Fatim's Sundries.

The merchants were perplexed by Heckz's straightforward manner of doing business with them. He just hands them a total of 60 gold.

heroicaquest130-sayid.jpg

"Wait... You do not want to haggle? Fatim, looks like we have a gold mine on our hands!"

heroicaquest130-fatim.jpg

"Don't you just love foreigners, Sayid? Now, don't scare him off!" Fatim turned back to Heckz with smile twinkling in her eyes. "Is there anything more that piques your interest, sahib?"

Party at the Souk:

Level 25 1/3 *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost* *Darkness Spells Cause Weakened* *Encouraged*

Gold: 655

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, Phoenix Essence, 3x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, Nostrum, 2x Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Lovely Perfume (Makes all opponents enamored with the user for 3 rounds when used; consumable), Heady Perfume (Makes non-humanoid monsters avoid attacking the party unless provoked. Effect lasts for one section of the day before wearing out.), 7 Bones, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly

"Yeah, no man's been able to tether her, yet." Sarge smiles slyly.

Eric equalled Sarge's smile with a sly grin of himself. He took the added 'yet' at the end of Sarge's sentence as some sort of challenge, even though it's nothing but a word people often use when talking and referring to time in general. "So, this specific daughter of yours has a name?"

After Sarge answered Eric's question, the Nord turned his attention to the Locustoids. He didn't really pay much attention to their story, since he had already guessed beforehand that they had indeed lost the key. Eric raised an eyebrow however when they described Amenra Beach.

"Your poor back. Didn't. Bother you. When you. Were. Oggling. The half-naked. Girls. At the beach!"

"Half-naked girls at the beach, you say? Maybe one of them took the key?", Eric said working up a mischievous smile, "Lucky for you, I'm a connaisseur when it comes to observing and closely inspecting said half-naked girls. Else...", the Nord nodded towards his companions, "in case, they didn't take your key: these men are excellent at finding things. Considering their respected high age, they have lost and found many things in life. Their skill is nigh unparalleled."

Eric did what he was good at. He bragged and let his silver tongue speak. "So, what do you say? We can help you locate this lost key of yours. We were heading to Amenra more sooner than later, anyway."

He then turned to Boomingham and Sarge and spoke in a hushed tone, indiscernible to the Locustoids: "Perhaps we might need the boy Sorceror for this. Don't folk like him have some magical touch to find and take gold, thus metal?"

The Nord then turned back to the scientists, putting on a wide smile, baring his teeth.

Eric did what he was good at. He bragged and let his silver tongue speak. "So, what do you say? We can help you locate this lost key of yours. We were heading to Amenra more sooner than later, anyway."

Falish Jiivni shrugged her shoulders.

"Go ahead. And help. My husband. If. You Wish. Otherwise. It. Will. Take. Days. Until. A locksmith. Makes. A new. Key. There. Is. No. Entering. The Grand. Library. Without one."

Boomingham remains silent as the two other men discuss family. He considers offering his own history, but the Lucustoids start talking too, and he glances at them confused for a few minutes before he finally pieces back together where he knows them from. "Ah, you chaps are from that quest with Bluehood. Didn't know that you ran the library round these parts." He bows to them. "Glad to help you find the key. Knowledge is often difficult to get at, in my experience. Bit of a metaphor, this. With the lost key and all. And as my fellow heroes said, we're on our way to the beach anyway."

Eric equalled Sarge's smile with a sly grin of himself. He took the added 'yet' at the end of Sarge's sentence as some sort of challenge, even though it's nothing but a word people often use when talking and referring to time in general. "So, this specific daughter of yours has a name?"

"Emmeline" Sarge leaves it at that, looks around for a bit then changes the subject "Right, lets go." and he leads the party to the beach

He then turned to Boomingham and Sarge and spoke in a hushed tone, indiscernible to the Locustoids: "Perhaps we might need the boy Sorceror for this. Don't folk like him have some magical touch to find and take gold, thus metal?"

Ooc: Sarge could try and roll a shield and steal the key back from the beach?

"Ah, you chaps are from that quest with Bluehood. Didn't know that you ran the library round these parts."

"It is. A long. Story. But. We. Are. Not. Welcome in. Carthago. Anymore. Our colleague. Offered. The position. Of the Library Keeper. To us. Upon. Hearing about. Our blight."

"Right, lets go." and he leads the party to the beach

QM Note: Like I said, you can only move to adjacent regions on the map. The Luxor Dunes are not adjacent to the Holy District.

Sarge leads the party to the docks!

The three men bid farewell to the Lucustoid couple and traced back their steps to the Port. It was afternoon when they reached the Golden Square, named after the gilded plates on the ground and the golden statue on the fountain in the middle. Jaws waved at them from the pier.

heroicaquest130-port.jpg

heroicanpc-jaws.jpg

"Back so soon, lads? Listen, I told everyone how you beat the Siren Queen. Yer all famous fer that, now!" The party's influence rose! "Did ye check the Lodestar Inn, yet? It serves the best drinks in town. It's jest over thar, next to that tower."

Jaws pointed at the two-storied white building with an onion dome on top of it. The heroes also saw the famous Daystar Tower and a smithy with a genie working at the anvil. There were some traders present as well, selling fish and apples, among others.

heroicaquest130-goldensquare1.jpg

heroicaquest130-istaban.jpg

"Come here, come here, where-ever you are! Stupid animals..."

heroicaquest130-rex.jpg

"HEY! I hope you're not referring to me!"

heroicaquest130-istaban.jpg

"*gulp* No, sir! Just some runaway creatures that escaped the Menagerie..."

heroicaquest130-rex.jpg

"GOOD! I've got enough trouble with the missus as it is..."

What would be the heroes next course of action?

Influence: 1

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Family Reunion

Abolish the Black Market

Mystery Meat

Party at the Golden Square:

eric_5_av_zps64ee0fc1.jpgEric (Khorne) *Party Second-in-Command*

30 year old norseman Raider

Level 27 *Natural Respite* *Evasion* *Immune to Fragile, Weakened, Asleep, Water and Earth*

Power: 51 (27+22+2)

Defense: 5

Health: 50/50 (8+7+26+4+5)

Gold: 223

Equipment: Godricsleif (WP: 22; Ice-, Lightning-, Darkness-elemental; greatsword), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from Weakened; handwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from Fragile; bodywear), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row + Immunity to Water, Earth and Asleep; footwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Conspirator (WP:18, causes Blinded; longsword), Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Dual Strike; axe), 6 Silverfish Wings (WP:8, retrievable, throwing dagger), 2 Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8, causes cursed-effect, retrievable, throwing weapon)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth)

Consumables: Potion, 10 Grand Potions, Health Core, 3 Elixirs, 3 Remedies, Neutralizer, 7 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrum, 5 Mulled Wine, Ambrosia, Dragon Scale, Venom, Deadly Venom, 2 Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.), Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Bone

BoominghamMock2.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

48 years old human Paladin

Level 33 3/4 *Immune to Darkness, Fire, Fragile, Stunned, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness*

Power: 52 (33+14+4+1)

Defense: 11 (7+4)

Health: 47/56 (10+32+11+2+1)

Ether: 33/33

Gold: 340

Equipment: Frozen Saber (WP: 14; light-, ice- and wind-elemental; inflicts stunned; great sword), Round Metal Shield (SP:7), Tome of Affluence (+10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle; grants immunity to fragile, asleep, weakened, blindness, darkness and fire; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear.), Scarlet Hood (SP:4, grants immunity to stunned)

Inventory:

Weapons: Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep), Silver Sword (WP: 18, Longsword), Scupperer (WP: 17; darkness-, fire- and earth-elemental; inflicts bleeding and poisoned by 10; great sword)

Artifacts: Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (Power +4; Ether -6; headwear), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle), Amulet of Optimism (Adds the confused-effect to all attacks; accessory, suitable to Erdathcath only)

Spell Items: Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile; costs 5 Ether; 50/50 chance), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragility, Scroll of Sealing, Emerald Lamp of Summoning (0/3), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: Potion, Health Core, x2 Remedy, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, x6 Mead, x3 Nostrum, Ambrosia, x2 Smelling Salts, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Jinxy Juice, Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Hair of the Dog, x2 Grating Stone, Oculoid Miasma, Oculoid Fireworks, Saber Teeth, Mythril Shard

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe

img_6932.pngSgt. Jon McEncy (Pyrovisionary) *Party Leader*

54 year old male human Black Knight

Level 23 *Immune to Blinded and Stunned* *Poisonous Defense* *Permanently Hastened*

Power: 48 (23+21+2+2)

Defense: 20 (16+4)

Health: 47/47 (7+22+9+3+3+3)

Gold: 400

Equipment: Demonic Scissors (WP:21, dual strike, Light and Darkness elemental, Hollow [Potion], dagger), Serpenthead Shield (SP:16, causes poisoned by 2-effect to anyone physically attacking the user, shield), Pegleg of Hastening (Permanent Hastened effect to the user; Immune to Blinded, suitable to Sarge only; footwear), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect; suitable for black knights; bodywear), Swift boots (Changes HIDE into STEAL & HIDE, allowing the wearer to steal gold equal to the target’s level if it carries gold in addition to hiding)

Inventory:

Weapons Wooden Spear (WP:4, wood-elemental spear)

Artifacts Monkey Armor (SP:4, immune to earth and bound; suitable to knights, beast warriors, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors; bodywear), Ranger’s Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors; backwear), Sterope’s Headdress (Grants the ability to spend a turn to fly out of a battle and return to it later if it is still going; the wearer cannot affect the battle in any way when they are away from it; suitable to winged warriors only; headwear)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: 3 Potions, 2 Grand potions, Health Core, 4 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, Sleep Bomb, Gold Ring (worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), 2 Bones, Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Business Card