Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#130: Sisters in Salmanda

Boomingham yawns and walks up to Rex with a friendly wave. "Morning there, chap! Good to see you again. Good news on the wife front - all we've got to do is buy her flowers, some jewelry, and take her to dinner. Good old fashion wooing. Shouldn't be too difficult. I'm planning on dealing with it later today if you're game - I'm even willing to pick up the flowers and jewelry, though I figure she'll want you at the dinner instead of me."

heroicaquest130-rex.jpg

"MORNING! Great to see you again, Sir Lawrence! So you've made progress with my beautiful rhododendron, then? Flowers, jewels, dinners... DUH! I've been neglecting her womanly needs without even realizing it! But your help will be much appreciated, sir, for I am a total rookie when it comes to buying gifts. Come with me and instruct me what to buy, please! You seem to have a plan about where we should start. GREAT!"

"I'd be more than happy to! I just have a brief errand I have to run myself, right inside the Lodestar Inn. You might be of some assistance, actually. And I promise, it won't involve drinking. After that, I'm back off to the Palace District, and we can do our shopping - and, if everything pans out, see the Queen or whatever she calls herself here."

"I'd be more than happy to! I just have a brief errand I have to run myself, right inside the Lodestar Inn. You might be of some assistance, actually. And I promise, it won't involve drinking. After that, I'm back off to the Palace District, and we can do our shopping - and, if everything pans out, see the Queen or whatever she calls herself here."

Rex agreed to accompany Boomingham.

heroicaquest130-rex.jpg

"Lead the way, sir!"

Inside the Lodestar Inn, they found the black knight starting up a day's heavy drinking.

heroicaquest130-wyndam.jpg

"Isn't it high time you reported back to the barracks, sir?"

heroicaquest130-blackscorpionknight1.jpg

"Don'th tell me whaz to do, you pointy-yearred oaf! Jezz pour me anuther one!"

"As you say..." The Sun Elf bartender turned to the newcomers. "Greetings, sirs. What can I get you this fine morning?"

Drink List at the Lodestar Inn:

heroica-mead.jpgMead (Causes the encouraged-effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle.) Costs 20 gold.

heroica-smellingsalts.jpgSmelling Salts (Causes the hastened-effect, allowing the target to act twice in one round for the duration of one battle.) Costs 30 gold.

heroica-nostrum.jpgNostrum (Causes the lucky-effect, allowing the target to roll the battle die twice and get the better result of the two for the duration of one battle.) Costs 40 gold.

heroica-soma.jpgSoma (Causes the blessed-effect, allowing the target to recover a tenth of their maximum health at the end of each round for the duration of one battle.) Costs 50 gold.

heroica-mulledwine.jpgMulled Wine (Causes the inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle.) Costs 60 gold.

Heckz casts two water spells at Dune Ghoul A from the back row.

Periwinkle heals Dune Ghoul A.

Phred phrows a Stone at Dune Ghoul C.

Battle Order:

Heckz

Heckz

Periwinkle

Phred

Boomingham leans in towards Rex. "That man is our mark. His fellow knights need him to head home - he's abandoned his post, I'm sure you can understand why we might object to that - but I don't know if he'll cause a ruckus. I don't want to fight him, but if it comes to it, I hope you'll have my back, and try to leave him alive." Clapping Rex on the back, Boomingham grins. "And thank you. I knew you were a good chap."

"I'll have a nostrum," says Boomingham to the bar tender, tossing him some gold. "You can bring it to my table." Boomingham slides into the seat opposite the Black Knight, giving a friendly smile and behaving as diplomatically as he possibly could. "Greetings. My name is Lord Lawrence Boomingham. Forgive me my ignorance, I am new to the city, but you look like one of the guards of the palace. No?"

Eric takes a handful of sand and looks at it intently before letting it fly away on the wind. The rippling of the ocean, the smell of the dune grasses and the coarse feeling of the sand reminded him of home. He reminisced, thinking of Värtland: the Howling Isles upon which he grew up, the western mountain ridges and volcanoes he visited later in his life. The domains of the Great Clan Eldurling, claimed descendants of the mighty Torrik himself.

The Nord forced himself out of his daydream and began to speak, trying to kill the silence: "In Värtland, we have several black beaches. The sand there is dark, black and gray. You ever seen anything like that, Jon? Where are you from, anyway?"

Eric takes a handful of sand and looks at it intently before letting it fly away on the wind. The rippling of the ocean, the smell of the dune grasses and the coarse feeling of the sand reminded him of home. He reminisced, thinking of Värtland: the Howling Isles upon which he grew up, the western mountain ridges and volcanoes he visited later in his life. The domains of the Great Clan Eldurling, claimed descendants of the mighty Torrik himself.

The Nord forced himself out of his daydream and began to speak, trying to kill the silence: "In Värtland, we have several black beaches. The sand there is dark, black and gray. You ever seen anything like that, Jon? Where are you from, anyway?"

Sarge stays quiet for a bit, lighting a cigar and taking a puff. Finally he answers Eric's question. "Me 3rd tour of duty was Vartland, those black beaches were where I became a man, fighting your people." He takes a deep puff, sighing out the smoke. "Eubric, I think. I stowed away when I was a wee little kid." He flashes a grin at Eric, the ocean in his eyes. "And now, that's a lot of pay. Didn't drink it all away either. So you one of these Eldurlings?"

OOC: Technically, the Eldurling comment was one of Eric's thoughts. He didn't say it out loud :wink: . I'll just pretend Sarge already knew about them :tongue: .

"And now, that's a lot of pay. Didn't drink it all away either. So you one of these Eldurlings?"

Eric chuckled, which slid into a grin. "No, I am not. Their domain lies in the west of Värtland. The islands I grew up on, lie in the east. I did serve with them for a while, though. I was a huskarl of the High King , whose veins course with Eldurling blood."

The Nord smiled as he thought back of his days there. "Feisty people, those are. They have a passion for fire and gold. Difficult to please and quite temperamental. I should know, I used to be have a thing with one of them Eldurling girls." Again, Eric smirked and then laughed.

"So, we staying here in the dunes or are we gonna explore some other parts of the city? I wouldn't mind checking out the slums. I'm itching to get my hands on another Amethyst or some other gem."

Ooc: :wall: Yeah, I'm illiterate :tongue: Especially with quotation marks

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Results of Round Six of the Dune Ghoul Battle:

>Heckz (Water) vs. Dune Ghoul A - Mirror Damage/Sleight of Hand (Dune Ghoul A: confused; Heckz: -1 ether)

>Heckz (Water) vs. Dune Ghoul A - Special Damage/Great Spell (Dune Ghoul A: 121 health-(59x4=236 dmg)=0 health; Heckz: -1 ether)

>Periwinkle heals Dune Ghoul A C - Damage/Miracle (Dune Ghoul C: 340 health-33 dmg=307 health; Periwinkle: -1 ether)

>Phred vs. Dune Ghoul C - Hide/Special Damage

Only one sluggish ghoul remains after Heckz's spell vanquishes the other one.

Results of Round Seven of the Dune Ghoul Battle:

>Heckz (Water) vs. Dune Ghoul C - Sleight of Hand/Sleight of Hand (Dune Ghoul C: confused; Heckz: -1 ether)

>Heckz (Water) vs. Dune Ghoul C - Mirror Damage/Sleight of Hand (no effect)

>Periwinkle heals Dune Ghoul C - Heal/Special Damage (Dune Ghoul C: 307 health-32 dmg=275 health; Periwinkle: -1 ether)

>Phred vs. Dune Ghoul C - Special Damage/Shield (Mug - Dune Ghoul C: 275 health-7 dmg=268 health+stunned)

Heckz only manages to confuse the remaining ghoul, while Phred's stone stuns it.

Results of Round Eight of the Dune Ghoul Battle:

>Heckz (Water) vs. Dune Ghoul C - Special Damage/Shield (Razzmatazz of Water - Dune Ghoul C: 268 health-(47x4=188 dmg)=80 health; Heckz: -1 ether)

>Heckz (Water) vs. Dune Ghoul C - Spell/Shield (Razzmatazz of Water - Dune Ghoul C: 80 health-(47x4=188 dmg)=0 health; Heckz: -1 ether)

>Periwinkle heals Dune Ghoul C

>Phred retrieves Stone

It takes a couple more spells from Heckz to finish off the remaining foe.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Periwinkle gained a fourth of a level, Heckz gained third of a level and Phred gained a full level! The enemies dropped the following loot:

heroica-garnet.jpgGarnet (Earth)

heroica-scrapmetal.jpgheroica-scrapmetal.jpg2x Scrap Metal (Worth 25 gold.)

Party at the Scrubby Sands:

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpgJohn 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer

Level 26 *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost* *Darkness Spells Cause Weakened*

Power: 38 (26+12) (Spellpower: 48 (26+12+10))

Defense: 0

Health: 34/34 (5+25+4)

Ether: 14/37 (5+25+1+5+1)

Gold: 605

Equipment: Solemn Scythe (WP: 12, darkness-elemental scythe, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, 2x Mead, Demeter Bomb, 2x Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, Heady Perfume (Makes non-humanoid monsters avoid attacking the party unless provoked. Effect lasts for one section of the day before wearing out.), 7 Bones, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly, Old Teddy (quest item), Abran Firefox (quest item), Cactoid Flower (quest item)

heroicaquest130-periwinkle.jpgPeriwinkle (NPC, controlled by Khorne)

19 years old female human Cleric

Level 31 2/4 *Divert Attacks* *Immune to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed*

Power: 32 (31+1)

Health: 39/39 (9+30)

Ether: 29/35 (5+30)

Gold: 18

Equipment: Jaws' Mop (WP:1, double damage against aquatic enemies; broomstick), Narcissus Mirror (User has 1/2 chance to divert all attacks to the next ally in turn; accessory), Periwinkle Ribbon (Grants immunity to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed; suitable for Periwinkle only; headwear)

Inventory: Remedy, Neutralizer, Tiger Balm, Phoenix Essence

heroicaquest130-phred.jpgPhred Mimphish (NPC, controlled by Cutcobra)

12 years old male Pharpharian Rogue

Level 2

Power: 4 (2+2)

Health: 8/8 (7+1)

Gold: 7

Equipment: Stone (WP:2, causes stunned; earth-elemental throwing weapon)

Inventory:

Phred seemed thrilled about getting to participate in the battle.

heroicaquest130-phred.jpg

"This was phucking cool! ... Oops! Mother phorbid me phrom using that word... Which reminds me, I should probably go to her bephore she gets majorly pissed ophph. But I'll spread the word around how cool you two are to the kids in the city, phor sure!"

Subquest "Bored to Tears" is successful! The party's influence has increased! Phred left the party!

heroicaquest130-periwinkle.jpg

"Should we follow him and make sure he finds his mother?"

Time: Evening of the First Day

Influence: 3

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Assignment: “Hmm, I wonder where Aunt Esther disappeared all of a sudden…” ~Periwinkle

Reward: ???

Family Reunion

Assignment: “Our phamily came to visit this city all the way phrom the Pharphar Island. Unphortunately I phirst lost sight oph my husband and then my son ran ophph. Please help me phind them bephore anything bad happens to them!” ~Nephri Mimphish, a Pharpharian tourist

Reward: “I can give you this book I’ve been reading on the trip, ‘Phiphty Shades oph Bley’.”

Abolish the Black Market

Assignment: “The shady black market dealers prowling the Souk area by night have been seriously hampering our sales. The Sun Guards have arrested many, but new ones keep budding up. The head of the snake must be cut off in order to end it once and for all, so we ask you to find the person recruiting these dealers, finish him off and bring us proof that you did.” ~Merchants of the Souk

Reward: Increase the haggling rate at the markets in the Souk.

Mystery Meat

Assignment: “Want to know the secret ingredient of my delicious kebabs? It is meat, of course – any kind I can get my hands on. If you can act as my provider, I’d be most grateful.” ~Kabob, owner of the Kebab Stall

Reward: “One gold for every lump of meat you bring me, and all the kebabs you can eat for free.”

Where the Wild Things Are

Assignment: “Those accursed animal rights activists struck Marmaduc’s Menagerie again, releasing five rare creatures from their cages. Instead of running into the wild, the animals fled to the city. Please help me find them or the boss will feed me to the crocodiles! All five of them bear intricate brands.” ~Istaban, zookeeper at the Menagerie

Reward: “If you can find all five of them, I’ll give you this rare Fenghuang Incense.”

1. Abran Firefox
  2. Angel-crested Cockatoo
  3. Flower-tailed Flying Squirrel
  4. Mistarian Grey Panther
  5. Pearl Sea Porpoise

Big Love

Assignment: “There is nothing I, Rex the Rhinotaur, dare not face – except the wrath of my wife Rhiannon. I did something that pissed her off and she stomped away. Can you find her and do something to appease her anger?” ~Rex the Rhinotaur, the Mighty Mercenary

Reward: “My mercenary services for as long as you stay in Salmanda, free of charge.”

1. Bring flowers
  2. Take out to eat
  3. Buy something nice

Game of Life and Death

Assignment: “This game called Decamon, it’s so addictive! I need to play just one more match, then I will stop phor good, honest!” ~Shariph Mimphish, a Pharpharian gambler

Reward: “I will bet my priced Decamodiphier in the match.”

*FAILED!*

Bored to Tears

Assignment: “These caged animals are all so boring! I want to see them in action. I know! You can take me to the Dunes and show me how you phight some mean buggers. That’d be cool!” ~Phred Mimphish, a Pharpharian rascal

Reward: “Iph you do this phor me, I’ll spread the word on how cool you are to the other kids in the city.”

*SUCCESSFUL!*

Deactivate the Activists

Assignment: “Recently some animal rights activists have been setting few of the animals at the Menagerie loose. All hints resulting in the capture of the activists are much appreciated.” ~Ezra, zookeeper at the Menagerie

Reward: “An audience with Marmaduc himself, so he can express his gratitude.”

*SUCCESSFUL!*

Specifying the Species

Assignment: “I have come to study rare animal species that have been rumored to prowl around Salmanda. However, I am still missing vital information about three beasts that live in dangerous areas. If you could procure their statistics for me, I would be able to complete my studies here.” ~Professor Fauna of the Croman University

Reward: “I will give you my Scholastic Spectacles, which provide information about your foes before you engage with them.”

1. Basilisk
  2. Carcinos
  3. Floraphant

Straw to Gold

Assignment: “I travelled to Salmanda to find riches, but I ended up as a beggar with nothing but this straw hat. If only I could somehow turn it into gold…” ~Brown, beggar at the Sanctuary

Reward: “If you really can do it, then I’ll give you half of the profit.”

Pot Calling Kettle Black

Assignment: “One of our members, the Black Scorpion Knight, is out drinking and gambling again. He is bringing shame to the whole guard, and we are afraid we have to banish him soon if he continues to disobey. If you could somehow persuade him to quit the habit and return to his duty, we would be spared a lot of trouble.” ~Azure Eagle Knight of the Royal Rainbow Guard

Reward: “If you help our order, we can arrange you a meeting with the Almagesta herself.”

Pick Your Poison

Assignment: “I pay well for any rare venoms you bring my way. I would search for them myself, but my poor back is not what it used to be…” ~Cobra Priest Djuvali

Reward: “Gold depending on what venom I receive.”

1. Ouroboros Venom – Luxor Dunes – 100 gold
  2. Golden Scorpion Venom – Shipwreck Shore – 500 gold
  3. Enki Venom – Kalakita Bog – 1000 gold

Missing a Beat

Assignment: “We have arrived to Salmanda to make our music known to the rich and the powerful, but for some reason we have so far not left the impression we wanted. We are tired of playing to a scarce audience evening after evening, so we wonder if someone could help us find the right groove. Do you know any musical experts?” ~Awareness of Ul’damahr

Reward: “We will give you this Encore Plectrum to you as a token of our gratitude.”

Boomingham leans in towards Rex. "That man is our mark. His fellow knights need him to head home - he's abandoned his post, I'm sure you can understand why we might object to that - but I don't know if he'll cause a ruckus. I don't want to fight him, but if it comes to it, I hope you'll have my back, and try to leave him alive." Clapping Rex on the back, Boomingham grins. "And thank you. I knew you were a good chap."

heroicaquest130-rex.jpg

"HMPH! I don't know about that. If this comes down to a fight, I may have to charge you. We're not that good a friends yet!"

"I'll have a nostrum," says Boomingham to the bar tender, tossing him some gold. "You can bring it to my table."

"That'll be 40 gold, thank you very much. I'll get it to you right away."

Boomingham slides into the seat opposite the Black Knight, giving a friendly smile and behaving as diplomatically as he possibly could. "Greetings. My name is Lord Lawrence Boomingham. Forgive me my ignorance, I am new to the city, but you look like one of the guards of the palace. No?"

The drunken knight sized up Boomingham with his wandering eyes.

"Whazzif I am? Whazzit to you? Shirrr... That title meansh nuthin' these daysh! Rroyal Rainbew Knytes - whadda joke! Corrupted to tha core!"

Party at the Lodestar Inn:

BoominghamMock2.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

48 years old human Paladin

Level 33 3/4 *Immune to Darkness, Fire, Fragile, Stunned, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness* *Encouraged*

Power: 52 (33+14+4+1)

Defense: 11 (7+4)

Health: 47/56 (10+32+11+2+1)

Ether: 33/33

Gold: 270

Equipment: Frozen Saber (WP: 14; light-, ice- and wind-elemental; inflicts stunned; great sword), Round Metal Shield (SP:7), Tome of Affluence (+10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle; grants immunity to fragile, asleep, weakened, blindness, darkness and fire; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear.), Scarlet Hood (SP:4, grants immunity to stunned)

Inventory:

Weapons: Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep), Silver Sword (WP: 18, Longsword), Scupperer (WP: 17; darkness-, fire- and earth-elemental; inflicts bleeding and poisoned by 10; great sword)

Artifacts: Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (Power +4; Ether -6; headwear), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle), Amulet of Optimism (Adds the confused-effect to all attacks; accessory, suitable to Erdathcath only)

Spell Items: Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile; costs 5 Ether; 50/50 chance), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragility, Scroll of Sealing, Emerald Lamp of Summoning (0/3), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: Potion, Health Core, x2 Remedy, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, x6 Mead, x4 Nostrum, Ambrosia, x2 Smelling Salts, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Jinxy Juice, Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Hair of the Dog, x2 Grating Stone, Oculoid Miasma, Oculoid Fireworks, Saber Teeth, Mythril Shard

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe

"Who will tell you what to buy your wife if I die?" teases Boomingham, before clapping his pal on the back. "Fair enough. I'll handle any fights myself, and you'll see how I do it."

Boomingham turns to the Black Knight. "Corrupt? No doubt. That's generally how these things go. Care to elaborate though. Or better yet, you want to tell me how getting piss drunk in a bar is helping to stop that corruption?"

OoC: You guys want to reunite now or can I go and pick up the book? We'll meet up later, of course.

Heckz turns to Periwinkle.

"Can't do it without the help of Eric and the others, huh? I'm worth 50 of your useless brains, so next time you just go ahead and don't underestimate me."

Heckz heads to the Temple of Danab, in the Holy District.

Boomingham turns to the Black Knight. "Corrupt? No doubt. That's generally how these things go. Care to elaborate though. Or better yet, you want to tell me how getting piss drunk in a bar is helping to stop that corruption?"

The black knight pounded his goblet on the table, spilling the drink.

"Hmpf! Bettah thiz than standin' out tharr wifh those hyphocrates! Jest listen: we've all sworn an oafh of celibacy, yet the Green Baboon and the Violet Wolf offen get a room at the hotel jest to bang each other! And thazz not even the worst of it! Crimson Bear lykes ta terrorize the Slums, acting as if he own'd the place and the people livin' tharr. Not ta mention our noble cap'n: Azure Eagle has close ties wifh the Black Market. I know all their li'l secrets, but I can do nuffin' about them. Sworn an oath not to betray my Order, see? I've got no solid proof, either. That's why I drink. What else can I do?"

Subquest updated!

Pot Calling Kettle Black

Assignment: “One of our members, the Black Scorpion Knight, is out drinking and gambling again. He is bringing shame to the whole guard, and we are afraid we have to banish him soon if he continues to disobey. If you could somehow persuade him to quit the habit and return to his duty, we would be spared a lot of trouble.” ~Azure Eagle Knight of the Royal Rainbow Guard

Reward: “If you help our order, we can arrange you a meeting with the Almagesta herself.”

1. Expose the affair between Green Baboon Knight and Violet Wolf Knight
  2. Expose Crimson Bear Knight’s abuse of the people of the Slums
  3. Expose Azure Eagle Knight’s connection with the Black Market

Sarge and Eric head to the resort

The Anubian bouncer at Amenra Beach Resort was much more welcoming to Sarge and Eric than to Heckz's crew earlier.

heroicaquest130-amenrabouncer.jpg

"Late night travellers, huh? Come on in, gentlemen, the dunes are not safe after dark. Although I admit you two seem to be capable of taking care of yourself. Welcome to Amenra!"

The bouncer opened the doors, and the pair of heroes stepped into the reception hall. A man in odd glasses waved at them behind the counter.

heroicaquest130-amenra-smallhours.jpg

heroicaquest130-sed.jpg

"Step in! Step in! I am Sed, the proprietor of this resort. How can I help you gentlemen on this beautiful night? If you are looking for a room, it's 150 gold per person, with a three-course meal included in the price."

"Can't do it without the help of Eric and the others, huh? I'm worth 50 of your useless brains, so next time you just go ahead and don't underestimate me."

Heckz heads to the Temple of Danab, in the Holy District.

"Ha! The same goes to you!"

There was no direct way from Luxor Dunes to the Temple of Danab. Which region would Heckz walk through?

heroica-mapsalmanda.jpg

Heckz goes to The Port even though he looks like royalty and should obviously go through the Palace District.

"Come, Pooriwinkle, we have business to attend to."

All the loot goes to Heckz.

Edited by Cutcobra

OOC: Late night travellers? I thought it was morning for Eric and Sarge :poke:

Eric raised an eyebrow. He was a big spender, but 150 gold for some food and a bed seemed a little over the top.

"Care to elaborate on this fine here establishment? Anything worthwhile to tell us to justify that price of yours?"

Eric then turned to Sarge and in a hushed tone, he said: "let's not stay here too long. There doesn't seem to be a little of interesting stuff that goes on here. I'd rather see some girls on the beach."

"We aint lookin for a room, we're looking for a key. A locustoid mate of ours left it here 'parently."

Boomingham rubs his head, trying to remember what the Hel he had even originally gone to the palace district for. "What's so bad about two of the Knights going off to the hotel once and a while? Against the orders of your Order?" Boomingham sighs. "I can try. Don't see what good it will do, though. Other than the Crimson Bear can't say I think any of those are the end of days, and I don't know how they prevent them from protecting the Algamasta."

OOC: Late night travellers? I thought it was morning for Eric and Sarge :poke:

QM Note: Nope, it was the small hours when you arrived to the Luxor Dunes.

I will update later today, as I am away from my computer. iPad is not suitable for making updates, I can tell you. :tongue:

Heckz hogged all the loot from the battle to himself, and marched back to the city satisfied with himself. Periwinkle lifted her long skirt up as she tried to keep up with him in the soft sand. Their coastal route took them to the Port by the same square they had arrived on the previous morning. There were nobody else on the darkened square but a solitary night guard and a small group of Sisters.

heroicaquest130-goldensquare3.jpg

"Remember the task that the Revered Aunt gave you? Maybe those Sisters are her competitors, so we'd do good to find out more about them. That's if 'doing good' is anywhere on your list of priorities..."

Party at the Golden Square:

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpgJohn 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer

Level 26 *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost* *Darkness Spells Cause Weakened*

Power: 38 (26+12) (Spellpower: 48 (26+12+10))

Defense: 0

Health: 34/34 (5+25+4)

Ether: 14/37 (5+25+1+5+1)

Gold: 605

Equipment: Solemn Scythe (WP: 12, darkness-elemental scythe, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Opal (Ice), 2x Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, 2x Mead, Demeter Bomb, 2x Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, Heady Perfume (Makes non-humanoid monsters avoid attacking the party unless provoked. Effect lasts for one section of the day before wearing out.), 7 Bones, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly, 2x Scrap Metal (worth 25 gold), Old Teddy (quest item), Abran Firefox (quest item), Cactoid Flower (quest item)

heroicaquest130-periwinkle.jpgPeriwinkle (NPC, controlled by Khorne)

19 years old female human Cleric

Level 31 2/4 *Divert Attacks* *Immune to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed*

Power: 32 (31+1)

Health: 39/39 (9+30)

Ether: 29/35 (5+30)

Gold: 18

Equipment: Jaws' Mop (WP:1, double damage against aquatic enemies; broomstick), Narcissus Mirror (User has 1/2 chance to divert all attacks to the next ally in turn; accessory), Periwinkle Ribbon (Grants immunity to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed; suitable for Periwinkle only; headwear)

Inventory: Remedy, Neutralizer, Tiger Balm, Phoenix Essence

Time: Midnight of the First Day

Influence: 3

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Assignment: “Hmm, I wonder where Aunt Esther disappeared all of a sudden…” ~Periwinkle

Reward: ???

Family Reunion

Assignment: “Our phamily came to visit this city all the way phrom the Pharphar Island. Unphortunately I phirst lost sight oph my husband and then my son ran ophph. Please help me phind them bephore anything bad happens to them!” ~Nephri Mimphish, a Pharpharian tourist

Reward: “I can give you this book I’ve been reading on the trip, ‘Phiphty Shades oph Bley’.”

Abolish the Black Market

Assignment: “The shady black market dealers prowling the Souk area by night have been seriously hampering our sales. The Sun Guards have arrested many, but new ones keep budding up. The head of the snake must be cut off in order to end it once and for all, so we ask you to find the person recruiting these dealers, finish him off and bring us proof that you did.” ~Merchants of the Souk

Reward: Increase the haggling rate at the markets in the Souk.

Mystery Meat

Assignment: “Want to know the secret ingredient of my delicious kebabs? It is meat, of course – any kind I can get my hands on. If you can act as my provider, I’d be most grateful.” ~Kabob, owner of the Kebab Stall

Reward: “One gold for every lump of meat you bring me, and all the kebabs you can eat for free.”

Where the Wild Things Are

Assignment: “Those accursed animal rights activists struck Marmaduc’s Menagerie again, releasing five rare creatures from their cages. Instead of running into the wild, the animals fled to the city. Please help me find them or the boss will feed me to the crocodiles! All five of them bear intricate brands.” ~Istaban, zookeeper at the Menagerie

Reward: “If you can find all five of them, I’ll give you this rare Fenghuang Incense.”

1. Abran Firefox
  2. Angel-crested Cockatoo
  3. Flower-tailed Flying Squirrel
  4. Mistarian Grey Panther
  5. Pearl Sea Porpoise

Big Love

Assignment: “There is nothing I, Rex the Rhinotaur, dare not face – except the wrath of my wife Rhiannon. I did something that pissed her off and she stomped away. Can you find her and do something to appease her anger?” ~Rex the Rhinotaur, the Mighty Mercenary

Reward: “My mercenary services for as long as you stay in Salmanda, free of charge.”

1. Bring flowers
  2. Take out to eat
  3. Buy something nice

Game of Life and Death

Assignment: “This game called Decamon, it’s so addictive! I need to play just one more match, then I will stop phor good, honest!” ~Shariph Mimphish, a Pharpharian gambler

Reward: “I will bet my priced Decamodiphier in the match.”

*FAILED!*

Bored to Tears

Assignment: “These caged animals are all so boring! I want to see them in action. I know! You can take me to the Dunes and show me how you phight some mean buggers. That’d be cool!” ~Phred Mimphish, a Pharpharian rascal

Reward: “Iph you do this phor me, I’ll spread the word on how cool you are to the other kids in the city.”

*SUCCESSFUL!*

Deactivate the Activists

Assignment: “Recently some animal rights activists have been setting few of the animals at the Menagerie loose. All hints resulting in the capture of the activists are much appreciated.” ~Ezra, zookeeper at the Menagerie

Reward: “An audience with Marmaduc himself, so he can express his gratitude.”

*SUCCESSFUL!*

Specifying the Species

Assignment: “I have come to study rare animal species that have been rumored to prowl around Salmanda. However, I am still missing vital information about three beasts that live in dangerous areas. If you could procure their statistics for me, I would be able to complete my studies here.” ~Professor Fauna of the Croman University

Reward: “I will give you my Scholastic Spectacles, which provide information about your foes before you engage with them.”

1. Basilisk
  2. Carcinos
  3. Floraphant

Straw to Gold

Assignment: “I travelled to Salmanda to find riches, but I ended up as a beggar with nothing but this straw hat. If only I could somehow turn it into gold…” ~Brown, beggar at the Sanctuary

Reward: “If you really can do it, then I’ll give you half of the profit.”

Pot Calling Kettle Black

1. Expose the affair between Green Baboon Knight and Violet Wolf Knight
  2. Expose Crimson Bear Knight’s abuse of the people of the Slums
  3. Expose Azure Eagle Knight’s connection with the Black Market

Pick Your Poison

Assignment: “I pay well for any rare venoms you bring my way. I would search for them myself, but my poor back is not what it used to be…” ~Cobra Priest Djuvali

Reward: “Gold depending on what venom I receive.”

1. Ouroboros Venom – Luxor Dunes – 100 gold
  2. Golden Scorpion Venom – Shipwreck Shore – 500 gold
  3. Enki Venom – Kalakita Bog – 1000 gold

Missing a Beat

Assignment: “We have arrived to Salmanda to make our music known to the rich and the powerful, but for some reason we have so far not left the impression we wanted. We are tired of playing to a scarce audience evening after evening, so we wonder if someone could help us find the right groove. Do you know any musical experts?” ~Awareness of Ul’damahr

Reward: “We will give you this Encore Plectrum to you as a token of our gratitude.”

Eric raised an eyebrow. He was a big spender, but 150 gold for some food and a bed seemed a little over the top.

"Care to elaborate on this fine here establishment? Anything worthwhile to tell us to justify that price of yours?"

QM Note: The three-course meal means you will get three positive effects by resting at the Resort. :wink:

heroicaquest130-sed.jpg

"I guarantee that our meals will leave you feeling bolder, faster and luckier after you've gotten your belly full. Our patrons also have access to the private beach, where you can enjoy the beautiful sights - if you catch my drift." The proprietor winked at the two men.

"We aint lookin for a room, we're looking for a key. A locustoid mate of ours left it here 'parently."

heroicaquest130-sed.jpg

"Ah, you must be talking about Doctor Jiiv'ni. He came back earlier to look for the key he lost, but he must have dropped it somewhere on the beach because he could not find it in the room he rented. He rented it again so he could continue searching tomorrow, saying there was no going back to his wife without the key."

"What's so bad about two of the Knights going off to the hotel once and a while? Against the orders of your Order?" Boomingham sighs. "I can try. Don't see what good it will do, though. Other than the Crimson Bear can't say I think any of those are the end of days, and I don't know how they prevent them from protecting the Algamasta."

The knight slammed his gauntleted fist on the table.

"You care nuffin' of honnor? Of shenshe of dootie?! What kinda knyte arrr you?! I thoufth I was among the eleeete, the besht of the besht! Turn'd out I was only among hyphocrates!"

heroicaquest130-rex.jpg

"HMPH! This city is in a bad state, I'm telling you!"

Ooc: Sorry if my activity has been strained recently, Ive just got through the first and hardest week of some exams, should be more responsive now :classic: I'll post when I have a bit more time, later tonight

"Remember the task that the Revered Aunt gave you? Maybe those Sisters are her competitors, so we'd do good to find out more about them. That's if 'doing good' is anywhere on your list of priorities..."

"As long as 'doing good' also means good for me, then it's on the top of the list of my priorities, boo."

Heckz figures that eavesdropping won't do him any good since there was no one else around except for that green clad guard. He gets near the sisters.

"Hey, boos. I was escorting this one novice who apparently got lost and now we can't find the Temple. We know our way, though. So, what are you guys doing here, anyway? I am just so curious about the 'Sisters of Danab' since white is obviously the new black."

He could barely say those last few words.

Edited by Cutcobra

"Hey, boos. I was escorting this one novice who apparently got lost and now we can't find the Temple. We know our way, though. So, what are you guys doing here, anyway? I am just so curious about the 'Sisters of Danab' since white is obviously the new black."

He could barely say those last few words.

heroicaquest130-auntmyradin.jpg

"I am deeply sorry, my dear, but our order does not accept men."

heroicaquest130-aunttallis.jpg

"You could've fooled me with that beard of yours, Sister Myradine. Hehehe!"

"But without my beard, Sister Tallis, I would be mistaken as a worshipper of Mythra."

"Come on! Where's your sense of humor?!"

heroicaquest130-auntnova.jpg

"This is no time for joking! The Conclave is serious business, unless you want to see another human become an Elder!"

"Pray tell me, Sister Nova, why do you think a werewolf would be better suited for the position than a dwarf?"

"Or an elf? Last I checked, hairiness was not a requirement for the position, hehehe!"

"Besides, Ulrica has only recently joined our sisterhood. And she refuses to carry the honorrific of an aunt. Choosing her would demolish many of our customs and traditions."

"At least Sister Ovelia promises stability. And she's way less scary than the werewolf!"

"But Sister Ovelia is a human! She has no concept of racial differences."

"Excuse me, Nova, but have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately? You're human, too!"

"Sister Verdra is a veritable choice, as well, and as a half-orc, she knows the burden we minority races have to bear."

"Looks can be deceiving. I am only here to advice you two to choose wisely. Ulrica brings a breath of fresh, northern air to this stale nest of old bats. She has the Duplovian votes, at least."

"I think we wood elves will stick with Ovelia. The Mopag live in one little village on one little island - you cannot get a smaller minority than that, hehehe!"

"The dwarven Sisters will side with Verdra, if we cannot get our own candidate through."

"Wouldn't that be you? I think the beard will scare off any potential voters, hehehe."

The three sisters seemed to have forgotten all about Heckz and Periwinkle in their politicing.

"The Revered Aunt will want to hear about this", Periwinkle whispered to Heckz.

Heckz was really bored by all this.

"Whatever you say, huns. Ciao!"

Heckz looks at his map, and the Daystar Tower was something that piked his interest. Circle of Mages, harlotry, he might as well just be one of those people who could do anything.

"Look, Poori, first I want to check these so called mages out. Then you'll go to the dear old temple and I'll get my dear book."

Heckz approaches the guard from the Daystar Tower.

"Any chance that I might learn some new magic tricks?"