Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#130: Sisters in Salmanda

Boomingham glances at the musicians wearily, and decides to leave them be at least for the moment. He takes a glance at the flower garden, and then at the guards, and then at the garden again, and then at the sisters and decides to approach who he considers the friendly faces in the area. With a big grin and a friendly wave he walks up to the sisters. "Hello sisters! Allow me to introduce myself - I am Lord Lawrence T. Boomingham, whole long list of boring titles, slayer of this and that and King of a Lost Kingdom - I had the pleasure of accompanying some of your numbers from Eubric Freeport, and enjoyed every moment with them. I am pleased to see more of your numbers. If I might inquire to your names?" He bows. "It would be a great honor."

"We'll take the blessing then leave ya be."

heroicaquest130-priest.jpg

"My apologies, but the blessing comes only those who take respite here and meditate in the silence. Shall I prepare bedrolls for you two?"

"Hello sisters! Allow me to introduce myself - I am Lord Lawrence T. Boomingham, whole long list of boring titles, slayer of this and that and King of a Lost Kingdom - I had the pleasure of accompanying some of your numbers from Eubric Freeport, and enjoyed every moment with them. I am pleased to see more of your numbers. If I might inquire to your names?" He bows. "It would be a great honor."

Boomingham approached the congregation of Sisters near the flower arrangement. However, they were not as friendly as he expected.

heroicaquest130-palacedistrict-night2.jpg

heroicaquest130-auntkree.jpg

"You came here with Ovelia?"

heroicaquest130-auntdunyazah.jpg

"Ahem, you didn't hear what we were talking about, did you? Ahem..."

heroicaquest130-ulrica.jpg

"Hush, you two!" snapped the werewolf. She then smiled at Boomingham - although her expression reminded more of a grimace. "I'm sorry for these two, we have had a long day behind us at the Conclave, and were just about to call it a night. These are Aunt Kree from the Rito Settlement and Aunt Dunyazah from Strivvi. I am from the far north, myself, where the Sisterhood is only now gaining foothold. You may call me Ulrica."

"Ovelia? She was the one who's all business, all pleasure, right? Look, no need to get all edgy. I came with them, but that's all, and I've got to keep them safe. So as long as you're not planning on offing any of the ladies from Eubric, me and you folks can be pals too. Doesn't matter to me much who ends up the head sister or whatever you call it." Boomingham smiles reassuringly. "Good to meet you, Kree, Dunyazah, Ulrica." He beams particularly at Ulrica. "I'm sorry to disturb you at the end of such a long day, and I know you're strangers to the city too, but I'd love to ask your opinion of a thing or two. Namely, where do you think a poor chap like me could pick some flowers? Do those look up for grabs to you?" he indicates the flowers at the center of the square. "For a lady friend. And who are the guards of the palace? Nice reasonable chaps, or are they also all business and no fun?"

The priest walked to the statue of the angel, and began recounting the angel's story - whether Eric wanted to hear it or not.

"So basically, what you're saying is: Ennon didn't care about his people, so one of his underlings took it upon himself to care. And because he cared, he wasn't sent to damnation, only barely", Eric stated dryly. His demeanor had turned cold, icy even. He was filled with contempt and disdain for these people and its "protector". He scowled slightly and shook his head. "Then you claim my gods are cruel and barbaric. At least they give a damn about their creations."

"My apologies, but the blessing comes only those who take respite here and meditate in the silence. Shall I prepare bedrolls for you two?"

"Sleep with the dogs, priest, and you'll catch their fleas. I don't need some poor man's blessing," Eric spat and then motioned Sarge to follow him, "let's go Jon, we've got more important places to be."

He beams particularly at Ulrica. "I'm sorry to disturb you at the end of such a long day, and I know you're strangers to the city too, but I'd love to ask your opinion of a thing or two. Namely, where do you think a poor chap like me could pick some flowers? Do those look up for grabs to you?" he indicates the flowers at the center of the square. "For a lady friend. And who are the guards of the palace? Nice reasonable chaps, or are they also all business and no fun?"

"I admit we are all on the edge about who gets chosen as the next Eldest. Today narrowed the selection down to two dozen, and tomorrow will likely halve that amount. Who knows, maybe we will have the result within the week."

heroicaquest130-auntdunyazah.jpg

"Ahem, let me assure you that we are a peaceful organization. We do not deal with our conflicts by... ahem, offing each other."

heroicaquest130-auntkree.jpg

"That's the way of you men!"

"Now, what comes to your other inquiries, we cannot help you. Like you said, we are strangers in this city just as you are, and we have not seen much of it outside the Temple of Danab, yet. Sisters, let us take our leave. Mother's blessing to you, Lord Boomingham, and good night." The three women departed for the hotel.

Sarge politely declines the priest and exits. As he feels the cool Salmanda breeze through his visor he murmurs to the northener after sighing deeply "What a shithole. Lesse if we can get ourselves some black market goods, it's late enough." Jon gives a quick look at the sky and moon, then rubs his hands together and strides to the souk with Eric.

Edited by Pyrovisionary

"Then you claim my gods are cruel and barbaric. At least they give a damn about their creations."

"Sleep with the dogs, priest, and you'll catch their fleas. I don't need some poor man's blessing," Eric spat and then motioned Sarge to follow him, "let's go Jon, we've got more important places to be."

"With all due respect, I have not uttered a single word about your gods, traveller. But suit yourself. You are always welcome to return later, should the need arise."

The depressed man on the floor looked up at Eric with admiration.

heroicaquest130-brown.jpg

"Wow, you must be some sort of hot shot! Surely you can help a man out?" Before Eric could say anything, the man pushed his straw hat on his hand.

heroica-sedgehat.jpgStraw Hat (quest item)

Discovered a new subquest!

Straw to Gold

Assignment: “I travelled to Salmanda to find riches, but I ended up as a beggar with nothing but this straw hat. If only I could somehow turn it into gold…” ~Brown, beggar at the Sanctuary

Reward: “If you really can do it, then I’ll give you half of the profit.”

Party at the Sanctuary:

eric_5_av_zps64ee0fc1.jpgEric (Khorne) *Party Second-in-Command*

30 year old norseman Raider

Level 27 *Natural Respite* *Evasion* *Immune to Fragile, Weakened, Asleep, Water and Earth* *Encouraged*

Power: 51 (27+22+2)

Defense: 5

Health: 50/50 (8+7+26+4+5)

Gold: 207

Equipment: Godricsleif (WP: 22; Ice-, Lightning-, Darkness-elemental; greatsword), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from Weakened; handwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from Fragile; bodywear), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row + Immunity to Water, Earth and Asleep; footwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Conspirator (WP:18, causes Blinded; longsword), Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Dual Strike; axe), 6 Silverfish Wings (WP:8, retrievable, throwing dagger), 2 Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8, causes cursed-effect, retrievable, throwing weapon)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth)

Consumables: Potion, 10 Grand Potions, Health Core, 3 Elixirs, 3 Remedies, Neutralizer, 7 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrum, 5 Mulled Wine, Ambrosia, Dragon Scale, Venom, Deadly Venom, 2 Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.), Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Bone

Tools etc.: Straw Hat (quest item)

img_6932.pngSgt. Jon McEncy (Pyrovisionary) *Party Leader*

54 year old male human Black Knight

Level 23 *Immune to Blinded and Stunned* *Poisonous Defense* *Permanently Hastened* *Encouraged*

Power: 48 (23+21+2+2)

Defense: 20 (16+4)

Health: 47/47 (7+22+9+3+3+3)

Gold: 376

Equipment: Demonic Scissors (WP:21, dual strike, Light and Darkness elemental, Hollow [Potion], dagger), Serpenthead Shield (SP:16, causes poisoned by 2-effect to anyone physically attacking the user, shield), Pegleg of Hastening (Permanent Hastened effect to the user; Immune to Blinded, suitable to Sarge only; footwear), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect; suitable for black knights; bodywear), Swift boots (Changes HIDE into STEAL & HIDE, allowing the wearer to steal gold equal to the target’s level if it carries gold in addition to hiding)

Inventory:

Weapons Wooden Spear (WP:4, wood-elemental spear)

Artifacts Monkey Armor (SP:4, immune to earth and bound; suitable to knights, beast warriors, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors; bodywear), Ranger’s Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors; backwear), Sterope’s Headdress (Grants the ability to spend a turn to fly out of a battle and return to it later if it is still going; the wearer cannot affect the battle in any way when they are away from it; suitable to winged warriors only; headwear)

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: 3 Potions, 2 Grand potions, Health Core, 4 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, Sleep Bomb, Gold Ring (worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), 2 Bones, Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.)

Tools etc.: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Business Card, Angel-crested Cockatoo (quest item), Meat Lump (quest item)

Jon gives a quick look at the sky and moon, then rubs his hands together and strides to the souk with Eric.

Night had fallen upon them as Sarge and Eric reached the Souk. All the merchants had left to their beds to return in the morning. Only a silent man in a skull mask skulked in the shadows, staring keenly at the pair of heroes.

heroicaquest130-souk-night.jpg

Time: Midnight of the First Day

Influence: 2

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Assignment: “Hmm, I wonder where Aunt Esther disappeared all of a sudden…” ~Periwinkle

Reward: ???

Family Reunion

Assignment: “Our phamily came to visit this city all the way phrom the Pharphar Island. Unphortunately I phirst lost sight oph my husband and then my son ran ophph. Please help me phind them bephore anything bad happens to them!” ~Nephri Mimphish, a Pharpharian tourist

Reward: “I can give you this book I’ve been reading on the trip, ‘Phiphty Shades oph Bley’.”

Abolish the Black Market

Assignment: “The shady black market dealers prowling the Souk area by night have been seriously hampering our sales. The Sun Guards have arrested many, but new ones keep budding up. The head of the snake must be cut off in order to end it once and for all, so we ask you to find the person recruiting these dealers, finish him off and bring us proof that you did.” ~Merchants of the Souk

Reward: Increase the haggling rate at the markets in the Souk.

Mystery Meat

Assignment: “Want to know the secret ingredient of my delicious kebabs? It is meat, of course – any kind I can get my hands on. If you can act as my provider, I’d be most grateful.” ~Kabob, owner of the Kebab Stall

Reward: “One gold for every lump of meat you bring me, and all the kebabs you can eat for free.”

Where the Wild Things Are

Assignment: “Those accursed animal rights activists struck Marmaduc’s Menagerie again, releasing five rare creatures from their cages. Instead of running into the wild, the animals fled to the city. Please help me find them or the boss will feed me to the crocodiles! All five of them bear intricate brands.” ~Istaban, zookeeper at the Menagerie

Reward: “If you can find all five of them, I’ll give you this rare Fenghuang Incense.”

1. Abran Firefox
  2. Angel-crested Cockatoo
  3. Flower-tailed Flying Squirrel
  4. Mistarian Grey Panther
  5. Pearl Sea Porpoise

Big Love

Assignment: “There is nothing I, Rex the Rhinotaur, dare not face – except the wrath of my wife Rhiannon. I did something that pissed her off and she stomped away. Can you find her and do something to appease her anger?” ~Rex the Rhinotaur, the Mighty Mercenary

Reward: “My mercenary services for as long as you stay in Salmanda, free of charge.”

1. Bring flowers
  2. Take out to eat
  3. Buy something nice

Game of Life and Death

Assignment: “This game called Decamon, it’s so addictive! I need to play just one more match, then I will stop phor good, honest!” ~Shariph Mimphish, a Pharpharian gambler

Reward: “I will bet my priced Decamodiphier in the match.”

*FAILED!*

Bored to Tears

Assignment: “These caged animals are all so boring! I want to see them in action. I know! You can take me to the Dunes and show me how you phight some mean buggers. That’d be cool!” ~Phred Mimphish, a Pharpharian rascal

Reward: “Iph you do this phor me, I’ll spread the word on how cool you are to the other kids in the city.”

Deactivate the Activists

Assignment: “Recently some animal rights activists have been setting few of the animals at the Menagerie loose. All hints resulting in the capture of the activists are much appreciated.” ~Ezra, zookeeper at the Menagerie

Reward: “An audience with Marmaduc himself, so he can express his gratitude.”

*SUCCESSFUL!*

Specifying the Species

Assignment: “I have come to study rare animal species that have been rumored to prowl around Salmanda. However, I am still missing vital information about three beasts that live in dangerous areas. If you could procure their statistics for me, I would be able to complete my studies here.” ~Professor Fauna of the Croman University

Reward: “I will give you my Scholastic Spectacles, which provide information about your foes before you engage with them.”

1. Basilisk
  2. Carcinos
  3. Floraphant

Straw to Gold

Assignment: “I travelled to Salmanda to find riches, but I ended up as a beggar with nothing but this straw hat. If only I could somehow turn it into gold…” ~Brown, beggar at the Sanctuary

A skull mask, how original. I mean sure they looked cool but most guards knew you were up to no good if you dressed like the personification of death himself. Oh well, perhaps he too knew how to hide items the equivalent size of a set of monkey armor, a spear and a headdress all under one cape. The merchandise would hopefully be good.

"We're buying, what've you got" murmurs Jon, not too softly.

Edited by Pyrovisionary

"We're buying, what've you got" murmurs Jon, not too softly.

heroicaquest130-blackmarketdealer.jpg

"That's not how this works, foreigner. You ask, I provide. It'll take me a day to get you what you want, but you will get it - if we can agree on the price. What can I get you?"

Sarge gives a malevolent aged grin, it was that kind of black market.

"I just need to discuss things with my... Associate."

Sarge turns his back to the dealer and puts his arm around Eric in a huddle. "Weapons, armour, they're easily got. But fake papers, uniforms, that stuff. Think of what we could do, the places we could get. Those abstract items, let's use this opportunity to get them, not bright polish and grinding stones."

Jon turns back to the dealer, straightening his cape. "A trickster's mask of the elf and a loaded die name your price for each, we'll go from there."

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Jon turns back to the dealer, straightening his cape. "A trickster's mask of the elf and a loaded die name your price for each, we'll go from there."

"The mask is easy, I can get you one for 50 gold. The Loaded Die is trickier, it'll cost you 1000 gold. The prices are not negotiable."

Boomingham salutes the ladies, but then grimaces. "Ulrica. My oh my." Boomingham approaches the two guards at the gate. "Hello there chaps! How'd you get stuck with the night shift?" He salutes. "Names Lord Lawrence T. Boomingham. New to the city, but I'm supposed to be protecting one of the sisters that wandered in there. If you could pass a message along to her, possibly, that'd be just peachy. Tell her its Boomingham. Tell her I know her from the Foundation Day Ball, and tell her that I've come alone. And that I'd love an audience."

Sarge shrugs, giving the black marketeer a poker face. "I'll take the former and 200 healing staffs, throw in some overkill gloves as well could you get a letter of recommendation?"

"Hello there chaps! How'd you get stuck with the night shift?" He salutes. "Names Lord Lawrence T. Boomingham. New to the city, but I'm supposed to be protecting one of the sisters that wandered in there. If you could pass a message along to her, possibly, that'd be just peachy. Tell her its Boomingham. Tell her I know her from the Foundation Day Ball, and tell her that I've come alone. And that I'd love an audience."

The red and the blue knight looked at each other.

heroicaquest130-crimsonbearknight.jpg

"It is our sword duty to guard Her Majesty the Almagesta - day and night. A duty someone has forlorn..."

heroicaquest130-azureeagleknight.jpg

"Let us not get into that, brother. What comes to the guests of Her Majesty the Almagesta, I unfortunately cannot pass any knowledge of them to just any layman walking past the gate."

heroicaquest130-crimsonbearknight.jpg

"Do we look like messengers to you, anyway?"

"Her Majesty the Almagesta is extremely busy. Audiences with Her are not granted to just anyone. You will most likely have to wait for an invitation."

Invitation to the Palace requires 15 influence.

Sarge shrugs, giving the black marketeer a poker face. "I'll take the former and 200 healing staffs, throw in some overkill gloves as well could you get a letter of recommendation?"

"A letter of recommendation? Who do you want to recommend what? I can arrange a forged letter if you provide the details, but it costs you 500 gold."

Sarge turns his back to the dealer and puts his arm around Eric in a huddle. "Weapons, armour, they're easily got. But fake papers, uniforms, that stuff. Think of what we could do, the places we could get. Those abstract items, let's use this opportunity to get them, not bright polish and grinding stones."

"I actually wouldn't mind some of the more mundane items. It makes you wonder why people don't sell stuff like that on everyday markets: there's a demand for it", Eric shrugged.

"How much for an Amethyst, or a Grinding Stone and Bright Polish? Maybe even some Overkill Gloves. While I'm at it: magic isn't really my field of expertise, but I've heard of magically enhanced items making people Nimble. Do you, by any chance, know where to procure a Scroll that causes Nimble, or other items that deal that effect?"

The Black Marketeer probably wouldn't be able to procure much of what Eric asked, but it was worth the shot and he was here anyway, in the midst of night, without anything else to do.

"Do I look like a layman to you?" asks Boomingham with a sly smile. "Tell you what - let me help you out, prove my worth and what not. You mentioned someone who has forlorn their duty - doesn't sound like my kind of man. Want me to track him down for you and give him a piece of my mind?"

heroicaquest130-man2.jpg

"Meh, don't know and don't care."

"That's the attitude!"

He then turns to Periwinkle.

"Let's not waste anymore time being idle. To the Beach Resort, now!"

He then looks at Phred.

"You too!"

Finally. A spa and a nice healthy no fat drink is just what I need after a day of "I'm with stupid".

EDIT: OoC: Can anyone at the Souk ask items for me? Heckz will pick them up and pay for them himself, of course...

Edited by Cutcobra

Sarge hands over the 50 gold for the mask, then asks another question - "What about a Raw steak (+ 5 to max health)? "

"How much for an Amethyst, or a Grinding Stone and Bright Polish? Maybe even some Overkill Gloves. While I'm at it: magic isn't really my field of expertise, but I've heard of magically enhanced items making people Nimble. Do you, by any chance, know where to procure a Scroll that causes Nimble, or other items that deal that effect?"

"Getting greedy, are we? Nothing wrong with a little greed, if you have the gold to satiate it. An Amethyst - or any other gem - will cost you 150 gold. You can get them cheaper from Nemeshtar's magic shop at the Slums, though. A Grating Stone or a Bright Polish will cost 150 gold, as well. Overkill Gloves come at an overkill price of 1000 gold. A Scroll of Nimbleness or something like that would cost 300 gold. The question remains, how rich are you?"

Sarge hands over the 50 gold for the mask, then asks another question - "What about a Raw steak (+ 5 to max health)? "

The Black Market dealer accepted the 50 gold.

"Raw Meat would be 500 gold, as well. Unless you want to try your chances with the meat that Kabob sells here during the day."

"Do I look like a layman to you?" asks Boomingham with a sly smile. "Tell you what - let me help you out, prove my worth and what not. You mentioned someone who has forlorn their duty - doesn't sound like my kind of man. Want me to track him down for you and give him a piece of my mind?"

The blue knight squinted his eyes.

"Hmm... Now that I look at you closer, I see a fellow knight in you. You just read my mind, anyway, for there is one issue you could help us with."

Discovered a new subquest!

Pot Calling Kettle Black

Assignment: “One of our members, the Black Scorpion Knight, is out drinking and gambling again. He is bringing shame to the whole guard, and we are afraid we have to banish him soon if he continues to disobey. If you could somehow persuade him to quit the habit and return to his duty, we would be spared a lot of trouble.” ~Azure Eagle Knight of the Royal Rainbow Guard

Reward: “If you help our order, we can arrange you a meeting with the Almagesta herself.”

He then turns to Periwinkle.

"Let's not waste anymore time being idle. To the Beach Resort, now!"

EDIT: OoC: Can anyone at the Souk ask items for me? Heckz will pick them up and pay for them himself, of course...

QM Note: Last I checked, telepathy wasn't one of Sorcerer's job traits. :tongue: If it wasn't clear before, you can opt to spend time within a region doing nothing, if you want to progress time without having to move elsewhere. This might come in handy if you want to coordinate your reunion.

Heckz, Periwinkle and Phred left the Menagerie and headed towards the seashore, where the Amenra Beach Resort rose. It was easy to find, since it was the only building in sight. They made it all the way to the door before they were stopped by an Anubian bouncer.

heroicaquest130-amenra-evening.jpg

heroicaquest130-amenrabouncer.jpg

"Hold your seahorses! This establishment does not serve common beach bums. We have nobility and celebrities visiting all over the world, they do not want to mingle with riff-raff."

heroicaquest130-phred.jpg

"This is so lame! Can we go kill some phiends now, mister?"

Entry to Amenra Beach Resort requires 3 influence!

Time: Evening of the First Day

Influence: 2

Subquests:

Missing Sister

Assignment: “Hmm, I wonder where Aunt Esther disappeared all of a sudden…” ~Periwinkle

Reward: ???

Family Reunion

Assignment: “Our phamily came to visit this city all the way phrom the Pharphar Island. Unphortunately I phirst lost sight oph my husband and then my son ran ophph. Please help me phind them bephore anything bad happens to them!” ~Nephri Mimphish, a Pharpharian tourist

Reward: “I can give you this book I’ve been reading on the trip, ‘Phiphty Shades oph Bley’.”

Abolish the Black Market

Assignment: “The shady black market dealers prowling the Souk area by night have been seriously hampering our sales. The Sun Guards have arrested many, but new ones keep budding up. The head of the snake must be cut off in order to end it once and for all, so we ask you to find the person recruiting these dealers, finish him off and bring us proof that you did.” ~Merchants of the Souk

Reward: Increase the haggling rate at the markets in the Souk.

Mystery Meat

Assignment: “Want to know the secret ingredient of my delicious kebabs? It is meat, of course – any kind I can get my hands on. If you can act as my provider, I’d be most grateful.” ~Kabob, owner of the Kebab Stall

Reward: “One gold for every lump of meat you bring me, and all the kebabs you can eat for free.”

Where the Wild Things Are

Assignment: “Those accursed animal rights activists struck Marmaduc’s Menagerie again, releasing five rare creatures from their cages. Instead of running into the wild, the animals fled to the city. Please help me find them or the boss will feed me to the crocodiles! All five of them bear intricate brands.” ~Istaban, zookeeper at the Menagerie

Reward: “If you can find all five of them, I’ll give you this rare Fenghuang Incense.”

1. Abran Firefox
  2. Angel-crested Cockatoo
  3. Flower-tailed Flying Squirrel
  4. Mistarian Grey Panther
  5. Pearl Sea Porpoise

Big Love

Assignment: “There is nothing I, Rex the Rhinotaur, dare not face – except the wrath of my wife Rhiannon. I did something that pissed her off and she stomped away. Can you find her and do something to appease her anger?” ~Rex the Rhinotaur, the Mighty Mercenary

Reward: “My mercenary services for as long as you stay in Salmanda, free of charge.”

1. Bring flowers
  2. Take out to eat
  3. Buy something nice

Game of Life and Death

Assignment: “This game called Decamon, it’s so addictive! I need to play just one more match, then I will stop phor good, honest!” ~Shariph Mimphish, a Pharpharian gambler

Reward: “I will bet my priced Decamodiphier in the match.”

*FAILED!*

Bored to Tears

Assignment: “These caged animals are all so boring! I want to see them in action. I know! You can take me to the Dunes and show me how you phight some mean buggers. That’d be cool!” ~Phred Mimphish, a Pharpharian rascal

Reward: “Iph you do this phor me, I’ll spread the word on how cool you are to the other kids in the city.”

Deactivate the Activists

Assignment: “Recently some animal rights activists have been setting few of the animals at the Menagerie loose. All hints resulting in the capture of the activists are much appreciated.” ~Ezra, zookeeper at the Menagerie

Reward: “An audience with Marmaduc himself, so he can express his gratitude.”

*SUCCESSFUL!*

Specifying the Species

Assignment: “I have come to study rare animal species that have been rumored to prowl around Salmanda. However, I am still missing vital information about three beasts that live in dangerous areas. If you could procure their statistics for me, I would be able to complete my studies here.” ~Professor Fauna of the Croman University

Reward: “I will give you my Scholastic Spectacles, which provide information about your foes before you engage with them.”

1. Basilisk
  2. Carcinos
  3. Floraphant

Straw to Gold

Pot Calling Kettle Black

Assignment: “One of our members, the Black Scorpion Knight, is out drinking and gambling again. He is bringing shame to the whole guard, and we are afraid we have to banish him soon if he continues to disobey. If you could somehow persuade him to quit the habit and return to his duty, we would be spared a lot of trouble.” ~Azure Eagle Knight of the Royal Rainbow Guard

Reward: “If you help our order, we can arrange you a meeting with the Almagesta herself.”

heroicaquest130-amenrabouncer.jpg

"Hold your seahorses! This establishment does not serve common beach bums. We have nobility and celebrities visiting all over the world, they do not want to mingle with riff-raff."

"Common beach bums?! I am Lord Heckzington Brutenhal! Have you never heard of my house?! I'll give you influence, you filthy dog! Perhaps that influence might just get me another fur coat, or allow me to get my good ol pal Marmabel to make a new entry on his magnificient menagerie that's full of insects."

Damned hound. Interfering with my massage.

Heckz speedily goes to the Temple of Danab, in the holy district,.If the pharpharian wasn't there, he would wait until the morning.

Edited by Cutcobra

Heckz speedily goes to the Temple of Danab, in the holy district,.If the pharpharian wasn't there, he would wait until the morning.

"Hey! Where are you going, mister! I'm not going back to the city until I see some monsters!"

heroicaquest130-periwinkle.jpg

"Heckz! We can't just leave this child out in the desert in the middle of the night! Besides, we only need a little more influence to get into the resort, so why don't we just do what he asks?"

"Hey! Where are you going, mister! I'm not going back to the city until I see some monsters!"

heroicaquest130-periwinkle.jpg

"Heckz! We can't just leave this child out in the desert in the middle of the night! Besides, we only need a little more influence to get into the resort, so why don't we just do what he asks?"

Heckz puts on a fake smile once again.

"You want to see monsters, kiddo? You are seeing one right now. It's dressed in white and blue clothes."

I ain't fighting a cactus again until I get another Nostrum...

Heckz pulls out the Old Teddy bear and acts like he is fighting it, throwing explosions of darkness all around the toy but being careful not to harm it or the others. If that doesn't work, he will drink a Smelling Salts, a Mead and give Periwinkle a Phoenix Essence. Then he heads out to find easy prey that could be of almost no danger, if possible.

;

Boomingham salutes the knight in blue. "You have my word, sir, this knight of your's will be hearing from me shortly." Boomingham saunters off. He remembers vaguely a knight in black at the Lodestar, and besides it's the only place he's found in the city so far that offered food and drink... he glances at the hotel and the woman outside and walks over, giving a quick bow. "Howdy there. My name is Lawrence T. Boomingham. Are you a patron, or an employee here?"