Been a while, but just got a lend of a beautiful macro lens and rushed out some pics. Definitely more over weekend and then some if I can somehow advise the wife we need one of these lens!! :sweet:

5733673046_a57a3bb547_z.jpg

Stormtrooper

5733674950_bb48bab39e_z.jpg

Sandtrooper

5733130657_fc551a47dc_z.jpg

Greedo's last drink

There's 3 other non-Star Wars in my Flickr account of the Shuttle Adventure. I WANT THIS LENS :grin:

Greedo looks well lit. Might I suggest playing with the f/stop and make the number bigger for more DOF. The shallow focus is almost too shallow and I feel like it is actually ruining those compositions. Shallow focus has its uses but try experimenting with more DOF. Couldnt hurt. I want a proper macro lens too. But they are not cheap.

Really nice photos Distortme, the macro is very nice. I think your focusing to much on one spot, and have a little too much that is blurry.

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback guys. Definitely agree with the DOF issue - got 20 mins at 1030PM with the lens and just pointing at my shelves (not the proper setup) so hoping for more time in the coming days to iron out my kinks!

And yeh Solscud007 - not cheap at all. One of those is a lot of bricks :D

Here are some new photos. Its been raining all week, so I took some indoor shots. Hope to start taking some outdoor ones soon.

5737638907_2be39e9c8d_z.jpg

5738191172_1c6ece7228_z.jpg

Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoyed, and please C&C.

Lovely, crisp, clean, and simple, as always, designholic. :wub:

EDIT: Well after acquiring a new camera a couple weeks ago, I've finally gotten the hang of the basics, and I was playing with the advanced stuff. Results?

5738601400_0009039628_b.jpg

Air Tech by Brickdoctor, on Flickr

5738539628_1b1deb1feb_b.jpg

Grunting Grunts by Brickdoctor, on Flickr

5738494646_f7a43f90ac_b.jpg

Robes of Red by Brickdoctor, on Flickr

Edited by Brickdoctor

Nice ones, Brickdoctor. I really like the crisp red in the Imperial Guard shot. :wub:

Nice photos Brickdoctor , I love the first and the third the most , that royal guard looks amazing !

I agree. The red robed picture is the best of the three.

I know it's hard, cause I played with it too, but try to get more of the speeder bike in the shot. Close ups are fine but the slight cut off is distracting and all I can do is focus on it and think that you are holding it by the tip.

Edited by Solscud007

Lovely, crisp, clean, and simple, as always, designholic. :wub:

EDIT: Well after acquiring a new camera a couple weeks ago, I've finally gotten the hang of the basics, and I was playing with the advanced stuff. Results?

Thank you Brickdoctor :sweet:

Your pictures look amazing! I particularly love the third one! The contrast is perfect!

Aww. What is it you do to Storm Troopers to make them so cute?

Lovely shot as well designholic :thumbup:.

Thank you Mr Man :sweet:

Actually I don't need to do anything, they are cute by nature ^^

I know it's hard, cause I played with it too, but try to get more of the speeder bike in the shot. Close ups are fine but the slight cut off is distracting and all I can do is focus on it and think that you are holding it by the tip.

I know what you mean. I'll reshoot that one if I get time.

I just took some outdoors shots for the first time, and really enjoyed it. Hope you like them.

I'll start with my favorite.

5740491085_11129ccb7a_z.jpg

5740491699_89cd9c5a70_z.jpg

5741044212_b7a0a63c1e_z.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. Bigger pictures here.

Thanks for looking, Please C&C.

For you, Solscud:

5740873926_075ea8b771_b.jpg

AirTech, Take 2 by Brickdoctor, on Flickr

Something strikes me as wrong with this photo...can't put my finger on it. Perhaps another member can.

And a new one:

5741181060_6dcee91e0e_b.jpg

Snowies! by Brickdoctor, on Flickr

EDIT: MegaBloks, the leg of the kneeling trooper slipped out of place. :blush: Fixed now.

I think I really like taking pictures on black, now.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor, great speeder bike picture. I think the problem is similar to one of my Speederbike pics.

img3689b.jpg

At least that is my feeling when I see your pic. The background looks fake. Like it was photoshopped in even though the background is legitimate and the only photoshop work was to edit out the support stick holding the bike up.

Here is one I shot today with a new macro filter. I have not edited this picture at all other than resize it.

dsc0735w.jpg

I see what you mean. I know Avanut did a T-47 flyby that turned out really nice where the background was blurred and the speeder was slightly blurred. I might try that.

EDIT:

My attempt at an iPod-lighted shot à la smokebelch:

5742254248_83796ae66a_b.jpg

Spinning the 'Web by Brickdoctor, on Flickr

More snow! More firepower! What's not to love? :sweet:

Edited by Brickdoctor

I see what you mean. I know Avanut did a T-47 flyby that turned out really nice where the background was blurred and the speeder was slightly blurred. I might try that.

EDIT:

*Snip*

Spinning the 'Web by Brickdoctor, on Flickr

Wow very nice shot Brickdoctor, it really looks like a night fight on Hoth.

EDIT:

Brickdoctor nice attempt but the lighting doesn't seem quite like smokebelch. When you shot this was the iPod the only light source? Because it looks like there might have been a room light or lamp still left off to the side.

Smokebelch's shots are done in total darkness. He uses a sheet of printer paper and curves it. Then he uses the iphone/iPod app to create light and hikes it above the Lego figures. I have done similar shots. But I recently stopped using a back drop. I get a naturally black background since nothing else is illuminated.

I like your snowtrooper tripod gun. It looks meaner than the one from the AT-AT set.

Brickdoctor nice attempt but the lighting doesn't seem quite like smokebelch. When you shot this was the iPod the only light source? Because it looks like there might have been a room light or lamp still left off to the side.

Um, let me think...

The only thing I can think of is the streetlights across the street. (there is a window on that left side) I'll have to remember to close the blinds next time.