stark mark V- great picture. I like the landscape and the pose of the figs.

Bane & Kirk- great shots guys! That poor Stormtrooper...Vader could clean that using the force...

Thanks guys! I appreciate your appreciations. The first shot is my favorite, too. The photos were edited with photoshop elements. Without, the pictures wouldn't be like that (especially the first one :) )

I'll try to make some more in a natural scenery.

If you ever have the chance to come to Berlin, you should visit the Naturpark Südgelände (not only LEGO photographers). It's pretty nice.

By the way, photo 2 and 3 were taken on this. :laugh:

Greetings

-Bane

I really like the first one! Great lightning and of course awesome setting. Did you use your PC screen for the background? Looks like it, and it looks good. It's a shame the rebel minifig on the right is cut; also, the two columns are not centered (what should be done in this kind of photos taken from the front).

I don't like the angle of the second one, though. The rebel at the control panel disturbs the overall picture.

Greetings

-Bane

That is pretty cool Wayno. :sweet: Banes is nice to.

Thanks

I really like the first one! Great lightning and of course awesome setting. Did you use your PC screen for the background? Looks like it, and it looks good. It's a shame the rebel minifig on the right is cut; also, the two columns are not centered (what should be done in this kind of photos taken from the front).

I don't like the angle of the second one, though. The rebel at the control panel disturbs the overall picture.

Greetings

-Bane

Yeah i used PC screen for the background (didnt have enough grey bricks to construct a monster background lol)

couple from today.

7093964467_35fc2eb542_z.jpg

Millennium Falcon by Maximus_W, on Flickr

7093839319_924a88a107_z.jpg

Clone Turbo Tank by Maximus_W, on Flickr

6947896818_3ef728c45c_z.jpg

T-47 Airspeeder by Maximus_W, on Flickr

6947898496_84a632064e_z.jpg

AT-ST by Maximus_W, on Flickr

Great shots Wayno they are pure true images of the lego with no distractions around them.(has that Millennium Falcon been raised?)

Edited by The Joker1

Great shots Wayno they are pure true images of the lego with no distractions around them.(has that Millennium Falcon been raised?)

Thanks Joker :)

& well spotted, Its the one thing that i dont like about the falcon is it sits to low IMO. So yes i raised it just so i can get minifigs under there with out them looking to squashed :)

Edited by Wayno

Love those shots Wayno. The simplicity is great. Sometimes I get caught up trying to come up with interesting backgrounds, but the plain white works wonderfully :thumbup:

Wayno, great pictures, they are far better than the ones Lego uses to promote the respective sets. Taking them at cool angles just make them so much more life-like and appealing.

I'm wondering if you use any kind of filters in processing the images though? I so clearly see the "Lego" logo on the studs and the bricks have such nice black outlines.

I'm wondering if you use any kind of filters in processing the images though? I so clearly see the "Lego" logo on the studs and the bricks have such nice black outlines.

That's surely a comic/drawing filter or something, yes.

And I have to admit that I don't really know if I like this effect. The photos are very good, but that smooth drawing filter editing? Not sure if I like it, looks like... building instructions or something :laugh:

Thanks guys,

The effect is "poster edges" as the photo is Hi key and i`m not trying to create a scene within the photo i wanted to give it somthing a little refined and different... just need more vechicles now lol ;)

@Bane, i appreciate it wouldnt be to every ones taste :)

Edited by Wayno

Absolutely incredible photographs. These really inspire me to learn more. :)

Wow, great shots guys.

Wayno, the speeder bike shot is awesome!

tormentalous, that was shot with an iPhone?! That's a great shot. :thumbup:

tormentalous, that was shot with an iPhone?! That's a great shot. :thumbup:

Thanks Legocrazy81! Nope wasn't an iPhone, just a HTC myTouch 4G.