Sign in to follow this  
MattZitron

2005 Wishlist

That sucks. I was really hoping for some TPM remakes and some Seperatists vehicles |-/

sam89

I want to agree with you that we won't see the arena beasts and Count Dooku's Solar Sailor but I'm not 100% sure about that as those, as far as I've seen at least, are highly requested sets but as I said I think that the chances for the Solar Sailor are better then the arena beast but we'll see what's going to happen.

The Solar Sailor looks great to me at least and Acklay and Reek looks so so being made out of LEGO parts and would've looked better as new single molds or with movable parts but as we've only seen Kaduu's as brand new creature molds so far any new creature molds are highly unlikely due to high tooling costs.

Sarg Kulo & Ras74

That's what I heard and seen too. No more Episode I and II sets. Just as sam89 says I've also seen and heard that LEGO will focus on yet more Episode III sets as well as more Episode IV to VI sets in the near future but then again who knows if LEGO renew and continue the Star Wars license with Lucas Film Limited.

Sweden - The One... And Only.

All these decisions are beyond Lego SW fans comprehension >-|

Oh boy, I missed those long thesis posts :D

I would have one question: on all sets that are designed in the R&D center, how many actually hit the production line ???? Maybe 50% ???

Also I guess that TLC reads AFOL/KAFOL sites because they did release finally the Crawler !!!! So keep posting guys, who knows, TLC might be lurking !!!!

Weird that they leave apart Eps 1 & 2 (not that I complain, sorry Ras :P ;) ).

xwingyoda

Yeah, some intelligent conversations regarding anything else but "What should I buy?, What shouldn't I buy? You're the best! I'm the best! There's a new set lets all talk about it to death!" keeps the brain in good shape and yikes these types of communities need something "new" everyonce in a while or what?

Yeah again, the decisions LEGO makes sometimes are way beyond a LEGO fan's comprehension... *sick*

When it comes to the Star Wars line my guess is that there's much more "prototype" sets and models then what we're even aware of as the possibilities for this line basically are endless especially for the "Ultimate Collector Series" and that super detailed and correctly scaled "System/Mini Figure" scale like the Y-Wing.

My guess in % is that maybe as few as 30% to 40% of all the "prototype" sets and models made reach out to the general public with the above fact of endless possibilities in mind and "I don't think" that I'm too wrong about my guess but if anyone else has a clue about this please feel free to inform us all... :D

Of course, TLC do lurk and read AFOL/KAFOL forums and that we've seen when they try and get some free advertising, read: LEGOGurl and Death Star II, and sure we might be of some use to them releasing new sets but we're just 5% or 10% of their sales figures so I wouldn't count on our impact on them too much.

Sweden - The One... And Only.

AT-OP $79.99

Contains 5 clone troopers and clone pilot.

Emergency Firespeeder $49.99

Contains 1 Corusant fire fighter and four working water pumps.

B-Wing because:

ackbarfiesta5yk8zv.jpg

wat does that mean?

For two reason.

1. Cause Admiral Ackbar invented the B-Wing.

2. Because the Calamari dude wants to party. Those fish dudes rock hard.

ok thx

i not to sure how she would fit into a good set but we really should have another padme by now. what about a jedi captured set based on the bridge of general grievous's ship some nice computer console's and loads of great minifigs obi, ani, battle droids, super battle droids, magna guards and grievous. that could be the ultimate droid pack!

All right, so generally I'm more a fan of the System-scale and UCS sets than Technic, but I'm surprised that there were no Technic sets released for Ep3. Did the ones they released previously flop financially or something?

It's a shame, because a Technic Grievous (with separating arms and 4 lightsabers) or Grievous' Guard seems like a natural choice! Heck, with his mask, Grievous already looks like one of those bastard children of Technic, the Bionicles.

(Also, this is the first topic I've ever started myself, so please don't be too hard on me if I've neglected some aspect of topic-starting etiquette. Thanks!) :$

All right, so generally I'm more a fan of the System-scale and UCS sets than Technic, but I'm surprised that there were no Technic sets released for Ep3. Did the ones they released previously flop financially or something?

It's a shame, because a Technic Grievous (with separating arms and 4 lightsabers) or Grievous' Guard seems like a natural choice! Heck, with his mask, Grievous already looks like one of those bastard children of Technic, the Bionicles.

(Also, this is the first topic I've ever started myself, so please don't be too hard on me if I've neglected some aspect of topic-starting etiquette. Thanks!) :$

I'm not sure. I liked the Technic sets. Maybe, as Star Wars is aimed at kids, the kids wern't too attracted to the the "technical" sets.

Grevious would have been awesome! A Bionicle version would have been funny. :P

- BioChron

Grevious would have been awesome!

That is a Tecnic set I would have got if it was made!

...and you did a nice job of it . ;)

It may have something to do with how the other Technic sets did. I think the droideka did well, but all of the other technic sets sat on the shelf around here, to be clearanced out later. Admittedly, its a small scan of the lego world, but it generally appears that the SW technic sets didn't do real well.

That said, I think Grevious would do well, for the same reasons the droideka did well. I'd like to see it.

Akkh

I think the original technic starwars sets did sell too poorly. It was easy to find C3PO, R2D2, pit droids, super battle droids and even Darth Vader sitting on the self at 50% off for monthes. I had the chance to buy all of them for at least 50% off myself but I just couldn't do it. They weren't useful enough for me. No minifigs, no bricks, just technic. I am sure those who display or collect SW would have and did get them but they just weren't that popular otherwise.

I think a grevious would look very cool but again I wouldn't get one. I think they should use technic parts in model being built now. I would love to see a minifig scale at-st that uses technic parts in the legs for extra mobility and posability or even something more simple like landing gear in a ship.

I am glad they haven't taken shelf space to make new SW technic. I would rather see new system sets with more jedi, aliens, and vehicles.

If there was a Grievous Technic set I would probley buy two. One for mocing with since that'd have awsome pieces for making a magna guard (similar desgin) and it'd just look cool.

And LEGO might not be making new sets had they not made Bionicle. I'll admit that it has recently declinded in quailty but it's still a money maker for LEGO.

AA

...and you did a nice job of it .  ;)

Hey, thanks very much, Akkh! :)

Yeah, I would really like a Technic Grievous and Magnaguard, but I can understand that they don't appeal much to kids and consequently aren't a smart financial decision for TLC. Ah well, I guess it's all right.... I certainly don't want them to lose money.

Oh, and AgentA, I didn't mean to sound disparaging towards Bionicles (when I called them "the bastard child of Technic," I meant it in the best possible way, honest). *satis* While they don't appeal much to my personal tastes, I think that's just because of my, er, somewhat older age group. I know they're a big moneymaker for Lego, and for that reason I'm grateful for their existence! Sorry if it sounded like I was making a snide remark about them.

(I've been wanting this one for a long while...)

I'd love to see a bust of Darth Vader (sized like the Darth Maul one).

And I thought there were a lot of black pieces in the DM kit!!

I understand what you're saying about Bionicle. Some of them really are a disappointment. But others like the Exo-Toa and the original sets were great. Most recently they have been in my opinion bad and becoming worse.

AA

Technic Magnaguard would own. I would but two of those and a Grievous and ut the MG behind GG like on the old Concept pic.

*Drools*

It's an idea, but is making a EPIII line of figures(in the same build of KK), a good idea or a bad one?

It's an idea, but is making a EPIII line of figures(in the same build of KK), a good idea or a bad one?

Lego wouldn't be allowed by Hasbro.

Thats why we don't get SW minifig packs.