darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

It would be nice to get a yakface figure, not too sure what sets they could do from Tatooine as they have already done the palace, sarlac, really only leaves a bugger cantina, not too sure it would have mass market appeal outside of fans.

Hoth has been done to death

That sounds great, minus the hoth part, Lego has made a ton of those over the past few years

I really hope we get an update of cloud city or perhaps a more expansive Dagobagh with the cave, although I think that would be unlikely.

A sandcrawler would be good too.

Does anyone feel a new Vader is due I would be disappointed if they changed the printing, the current one is spot on, all I think he needs is a Grima Wormtongue style face but on grey with maybe an expression to capture the unmasking from episode VI

I'm shure they will change the minifigure eventually to add more detail. Just like the recent Han Solo minifigure included in the A-Wing. I always thought the version included in the USC Falcon up to recently was the best and most accurate Han minifigure we could possibly get. However TLG took another leap forward and added vest pockets to the new figure.

Hailfire Droid: Hailfire droid, 2 clones, 1 super battle droid, 1 Geonosian battle droid. $25 (I'm not that creative, so tell me what you think)

I think it's a brilliant idea, seeing as we had a

burst is episode ll sets this year it will fit nicely.

I we will see a new vader though it's highly

unlikely because there's nothing they can really

change apart from his head, that said however they could add printing on his legs.

Edited by Tariq j

On the LEGO Star Wars lecture yesterday on Star Wars Celebration in Essen they said that there will be a whole new Original Trilogy series. They said: "If you like the new UCS Ewok Village, you will be very excited to zee the new collection."

I love the sound of this!! The Ewok Village looks awesome, so I can't wait to see what sets TLG comes out with in 2014.

Like I've said in other threads, I would love to see another Mos Eisley Cantina, Cloud City, and an Imperial Shuttle. I'd also really like to see a decent Hoth Battle set; so far the sets have fallen short.

I'm reading the Thrawn trilogy and i'd really like to see some sets from that era, especially figures. Mara Jade, Talon Karrde, Admiral Thrawn, Borsk Fey'lya, etc. and just from these books but from the EU. Kyle Katarns ship would be awesome with Jan Ors and Tavion for example. Also I hope that Lego will continue producing Old Republic sets, as I don't really have time to play now, I really like the game and the atmosphere of that era. It has great potential for more vehicles (Thunderclap :wub: :wub: :wub: *fingers crossed*).

I think it's a safe bet to say that we'll get a set of the Ghost, the ship of the main characters in Star Wars Rebels, at some point.

post-2028-0-91493000-1375121148_thumb.jpg

The Ghost reminds me of the Millenium Falcon + an A-Wing + a Republic Gunship. Of course, that's probably just me.

The Ghost reminds me of the Millenium Falcon

It reminds me a lot of the concept art for the Falcon, the first concept that eventually became the Tantive IV. I think we will see it as a set, and it seems like it could be translated well into a set. It's got a bunch of angles, and the curved parts look like they'll be easy to do in LEGO. (We've even got the two cockpit canopy pieces already developed for other sets that are almost a perfect fit for the Ghost's cockpit.)

Remember the purpose of this topic! Discussion of sets you want to see or which you think we'll see belongs in Future Star Wars Sets, and that includes concepts such as the Ghost that seem to be a certainty as a set.

Sorry, I guess I should have known that it doesn't belong there. :blush: It just seems like a no-brainer.

The Ghost reminds me of the Millenium Falcon + an A-Wing + a Republic Gunship. Of course, that's probably just me.

To me it looks a lot like the Otana, which gives it some nostalgia plus points for me. :thumbup: Though I probably wouldn't buy it if it does become a set.

I, personally (as well as some other people no doubt :tongue: ), would like to see another Cloud City set. And with the possibility (Empire911) that they will be re-releasing the Original Trilogy, I don't see Cloud City being out of the question at all... :classic:

-Lego Spy

Assuming 8092 is no longer on shelves I'd like to see a remake, there are new parts for luke and Ben Kenobi is due some attention. But I'd like to see the set solely so that they can try and introduce a few new characters that don't fit anywhere else. Garindan has no business showing in any other set so it would be awesome to see him and perhaps we could see a new style sandtrooper with a black pauldron, a Jawa would definitely hike the demand for the set!

EDIT: I've just realised Womp rats would fit perfectly!!! Don't they appear in the video game?

Edited by ablake90

I hope we get the cantina, it can build up our alien collection.

From a kids perspective and a selling perspective there's plenty action to justify a cantina set, focus points can be the Ponda Baba arm chop and the Greedo confrontation throw in Hammerhead for the AFOLs, other than those I can't see many aliens being in the set without it being ewok village sized

Assuming 8092 is no longer on shelves I'd like to see a remake, there are new parts for luke and Ben Kenobi is due some attention. But I'd like to see the set solely so that they can try and introduce a few new characters that don't fit

anywhere else. Garindan has no business

showing in any other set so it would be

awesome to see him and perhaps we could see

a new style sandtrooper with a black pauldron, a

Jawa would definitely hike the demand for the

set!

EDIT: I've just realised Womp rats would fit

perfectly!!! Don't they appear in the video game?

Womp rats would be nice, but I quite like the sandtroopers the way they are now.

Womp rats would be nice, but I quite like the sandtroopers the way they are now.

Yeah the Droid Escape sandtroopers but one with a black pauldron as that's a colour we're missing.

Once a set is retired, like the Sandcrawler is there any reason for TLG not to redesign a figure, Owen Lars and the Jawas for example?

Once a set is retired, like the Sandcrawler is there any reason for TLG not to redesign a figure, Owen Lars and the Jawas for example?

Well unless TLG will make another one it's

highly unlikely they will redesign those figs

unless they come in a planet set for example.

Also, I feel a good series of sets that could return are the UCS models of characters they've done maul,yoda and most recently r2-d2. I would like sith lords like vader sidious and dooku, greivous would be good as well.

Edited by Tariq j

Also, I feel a good series of sets that could return are the UCS models of characters they've done maul,yoda and most recently r2-d2. I would like sith lords like vader sidious and dooku, greivous would be good as well.

I'm surprised we've never seen a UCS Boba or Jango those would sell like crazy

2014 (Winter)

Republic Kashyyyk forces BP: Wookiee Warrior(x2), 442nd siege battalion trooper, Swamp trooper.

Kashyyyk CIS forces BP: Trandoshan(x2), Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid.

Grievous Takedown(24.99): Grievous' Wheelbike, Boga, Obi-Wan, Grievous

Separatist council meeting (49.99, TRU exclusive): Magna Guard(x2), Grievous, Wat Tambor, a few other council members.

Crab Droid(29.99, Target exclusive): Cody, 212th clone(2), Utapaun warrior, Security Battle Droid(2)

Obi-Wan's Jedi intercepter (49.99, Walmart exclusive): Obi-wan, Yellow astromech, Tion Meddon.

AAT(49.99): Ahsoka, Stella, SBD, Battle Droid(2)

The AT-AP, and then,

(Summer)

Shoot out over Cato Niemodia(119.99): ARC-170, The Blade of Dorin, Plo Koon, R7, Jag, Clone Pilot(2), Astromech.

Tri-Droid(34.99, Walmart exclusive): Ki-Adi Mundi,Bacara, Galactic Marine(2)

AT-OT(109.99): Aayla Secura, Bly, 327th trooper(3)

other sets to be added.

2014 (Winter)

Republic Kashyyyk forces BP: Wookiee Warrior(x2), 442nd siege battalion trooper, Swamp trooper.

Kashyyyk CIS forces BP: Trandoshan(x2), Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid.

Grievous Takedown(24.99): Grievous' Wheelbike, Boga, Obi-Wan, Grievous

Separatist council meeting (49.99, TRU exclusive): Magna Guard(x2), Grievous, Wat Tambor, a few other council members.

Crab Droid(29.99, Target exclusive): Cody, 212th clone(2), Utapaun warrior, Security Battle Droid(2)

Obi-Wan's Jedi intercepter (49.99, Walmart exclusive): Obi-wan, Yellow astromech, Tion Meddon.

AAT(49.99): Ahsoka, Stella, SBD, Battle Droid(2)

The AT-AP, and then,

(Summer)

Shoot out over Cato Niemodia(119.99): ARC-170, The Blade of Dorin, Plo Koon, R7, Jag, Clone Pilot(2), Astromech.

Tri-Droid(34.99, Walmart exclusive): Ki-Adi Mundi,Bacara, Galactic Marine(2)

AT-OT(109.99): Aayla Secura, Bly, 327th trooper(3)

other sets to be added.

I like these ideas except for Obi-Wan's Interceptor (I'm tired of Interceptors, but the minifigs in your set are good). One question, why would you only get 5 figs in the AT-OT? I was thinking 6 or 7.

It reminds me oddly of the "Narcissus" escape pod from the first Alien movie.

I like these ideas except for Obi-Wan's Interceptor (I'm tired of Interceptors, but the minifigs in your set are good). One question, why would you only get 5 figs in the AT-OT? I was thinking 6 or 7.

You mean 6-7 like in my idea of the AT-OT a couple of pages back lol

You mean 6-7 like in my idea of the AT-OT a couple of pages back lol

I didn't even see your idea.

I didn't even see your idea.

Page 147 lol

Kashyyyk ideas:

Beach battle: simple just some beach barricades from kashyyyk with 2 41st kashyyyk troopers a wookie and 2 battle droids

Droid gunship: remake of the droid gunship but more movie accurate than clone wars could come with 3 battles droid and 2 wookies

Wookie catamaran: time for a remake no? But without jedi please. Remake of the first catamaran set only replacing Luminara unduli with another 442nd clone and a wookie

Other remakes:

The space battle set that had both anakins and obi-wans star fighters with vulture droids and a tri fighter

Since 2014 will supposedly have multiple ROTS sets could anyone see a possible remake of the Venator possibly representing the one that lands the 41st on Kashyyyk maybe have Yoda three 41st troopers and some Wookie Warriors?