darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

Hi @jameseilers, I've merged your thread with this one to keep the forum tidy :classic:

7 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

While I agree that Tie pilot helmet is a weird choice they couldn't use Deathtroopers helmet for canon reason(Deathtroopers aren't normal humans), Inferno squad are. But that Battlepack would be a great addition!

Yeah I was a bit curious on why the helmet looked very similar to the tie pilots. Seemed a bit strange indeed, I'll wait to pass judgement though. Also Deathtroopers aren't normal humans?But agreed more battlepacks are always welcome. I'd like a one probably with the imperial soldiers we saw in the main trailer, and then one with some "rebel scum". I wonder if the helmet would warrant a new mold? Certainly some special printing.

20 minutes ago, FishW said:

Yeah I was a bit curious on why the helmet looked very similar to the tie pilots. Seemed a bit strange indeed, I'll wait to pass judgement though. Also Deathtroopers aren't normal humans?But agreed more battlepacks are always welcome. I'd like a one probably with the imperial soldiers we saw in the main trailer, and then one with some "rebel scum". I wonder if the helmet would warrant a new mold? Certainly some special printing.

from the visual dictionary, I got the impression that death troopers were humans basically halfway turned into cyborg soldiers. the details aren't really elaborated on, but i remember seeing somewhere that they considered making the armour to imply that they had been lobotomised, and there is some stuff about zombies and reanimation as well.

20 minutes ago, atlas said:

from the visual dictionary, I got the impression that death troopers were humans basically halfway turned into cyborg soldiers. the details aren't really elaborated on, but i remember seeing somewhere that they considered making the armour to imply that they had been lobotomised, and there is some stuff about zombies and reanimation as well.

Learn something new everyday! Thanks! I'd heard rumours of zombies but in my kind that seemed a bit far fetched(mostly just hoping we don't get a resurrected emperor)  a shame we still got angry clone heads regardless. 

The ship from the trailer looks like it could be a nice ship. Also maybe "hero" and "villain" packs. Similar to battlepacks just featuring the special figures from the game.

I wish we didn't get angry clone heads on all troopers. For clones it's okay, but for all troopers it isn't. I think that they should just put random heads in the set. Aliens, humans, different races anything. But I think that they shouldn't put yellow heads because they don't do that in licensed themes. Just my idea. Hopefully they try something new soon.

15 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

While I agree that Tie pilot helmet is a weird choice they couldn't use Deathtroopers helmet for canon reason(Deathtroopers aren't normal humans), Inferno squad are. But that Battlepack would be a great addition!

Not normal humans?? What is that based on? Where did you get this information?

1 hour ago, jameseilers said:

Not normal humans?? What is that based on? Where did you get this information?

I've seen it myself too. If you do a little research you could probably find it. 

Do you think we will see more battlepacks based on the new Star Wars Battlefront 2? Seeing set 75133 and 75134 based on the 2015 Battlefront, I am hoping to see some new battlepacks based on multiple eras (galactic republic, separatist alliance etc.) especially when the game will have 4 classes for each faction - perfect for Lego battlepacks!

A Lego set based on Star Wars Clone Wars would be awesome, much like what they did for Anakin's Custom Starfighter. Maybe a limited edition ARC Trooper gunship with Fordo? One can only wish....

Edited by Ryn

54 minutes ago, getbusybrickin said:

Any chance we will get a new Republic Gunship any time soon? It has been four years since the last one and that's usually the time between new ones.

I think you will find that reissues/redesigns of existing sets — especially larger ones like the Republic Gunship — will stretch further and further apart. By the end of this year we'll have jumped from 6 to 9 movies (and then to 11 movies by 2019), not to mention Rebels, Freemaker, and whatever animated show follows Rebels in 2018.  While Star Wars is an evergreen line for LEGO and clearly very successful, there are only so many product slots available each year, and a rapidly growing list of sets that can fill them. 

And looking at prequel-era sets, I suspect we'll see an updated ARC-170 before a Gunship, given it's been considerably longer since it was released.

3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I think you will find that reissues/redesigns of existing sets — especially larger ones like the Republic Gunship — will stretch further and further apart. By the end of this year we'll have jumped from 6 to 9 movies (and then to 11 movies by 2019), not to mention Rebels, Freemaker, and whatever animated show follows Rebels in 2018.  While Star Wars is an evergreen line for LEGO and clearly very successful, there are only so many product slots available each year, and a rapidly growing list of sets that can fill them. 

And looking at prequel-era sets, I suspect we'll see an updated ARC-170 before a Gunship, given it's been considerably longer since it was released.

Hmm interesting. That's a good point. Any speculation as to how soon one will appear? 

On 4/16/2017 at 10:11 AM, atlas said:

On 4/16/2017 at 10:11 AM, atlas said:

You're both wrong I'm afraid. The whole "Death Troopers" thing is a reference to an EU novel of the same name that featured zombie troopers on board an ISD in deep space. It was just a reference. The troopers themselves are alive and receive slight augmentations to enhance combat performance. It's all internal by the way. You should've watched the SW celebration live stream because Pablo Hidalgo spoke briefly about them for clarification.

1 hour ago, getbusybrickin said:

Follow up question: do you think we will ever get characters exclusive to the Clone Wars TV show again?

Possibly much later. Although i doubt we'll see any more anytime soon. Which frankly based on the CW designs, I'm okay with.

2 minutes ago, Helghan said:

Possibly much later. Although i doubt we'll see any more anytime soon. Which frankly based on the CW designs, I'm okay with.

Oh, I agree. I hated the Clone Wars designs. The only thing I want is to get some of the troopers from the show, like Commader Wolffe.

Oh, I agree. I hated the Clone Wars designs. The only thing I want is to get some of the troopers from the show, like Commader Wolffe.

Commander Wolffe was featured in the Republic Frigate set along with a Wolffepack trooper. Third party sites like CAC sell a lot of clone trooper types with high quality printing so there's that.

13 minutes ago, Helghan said:

You're both wrong I'm afraid. The whole "Death Troopers" thing is a reference to an EU novel of the same name that featured zombie troopers on board an ISD in deep space. It was just a reference. The troopers themselves are alive and receive slight augmentations to enhance combat performance. It's all internal by the way. You should've watched the SW celebration live stream because Pablo Hidalgo spoke briefly about them for clarification.

Per the Ultimate Visual Guide, "classified medical procedures further augment their abilities and make them somewhat beyond human." It's left purposefully vague, but they're not just normal humans. I think of them as Imperial Lobots.

5 minutes ago, Helghan said:

Commander Wolffe was featured in the Republic Frigate set along with a Wolffepack trooper. Third party sites like CAC sell a lot of clone trooper types with high quality printing so there's that.

I've definitely considered that but I do prefer authentic LEGO but third party is definitely a good alternative.

We are getting two smallish Clone Wars sets this year — Yoda's Jedi Starfighter and the Republic Fighter Tank — which is more than I would have expected given how long the show has been off the air. Compare this to Rebels, which has only one small set this year... and it's still on the air. I suspect this says as much about the unpopularity of Rebels sets as it says about the enduring popularity of Clone Wars sets... 

1 hour ago, jere7my said:

Per the Ultimate Visual Guide, "classified medical procedures further augment their abilities and make them somewhat beyond human." It's left purposefully vague, but they're not just normal humans. I think of them as Imperial Lobots.

I mean the man himself clarified that statement specifically because people thought the visual dictionary's explanation was too vague. They're akin to Navy SEAL's. As stated...most of the additions were internal and focused on combat. They're elite troopers but not zombies and people who are new and didn't read the original Death Trooper book don't understand the reference and just think they're zombies. The black wing project was a failure so no, they aren't zombies.

I've definitely considered that but I do prefer authentic LEGO but third party is definitely a good alternative.

I mean you won't find a Phase 2 Wolffe or anything of that ilk from TLG. If you can get TLG for what you want then by all means do so. But if what you want is not made currently then the chances are slim that they will make it.

5 hours ago, Helghan said:

I miss the times when not everything had to be clarified and explained. The small reference to their mysterious origins in the Visual Guide was just enough to create a bit of mythology around them, and everybody could think whatever they wanted. Lucasfilm needs to stop explaining myths and go on to new stories. Leave something for the imagination... 

On 4/26/2017 at 4:25 AM, brobert said:

I miss the times when not everything had to be clarified and explained. The small reference to their mysterious origins in the Visual Guide was just enough to create a bit of mythology around them, and everybody could think whatever they wanted. Lucasfilm needs to stop explaining myths and go on to new stories. Leave something for the imagination... 

I grew up on the old EU and as I look at the newer canon it just all seems so...small. Everything is so one-sided and black and white. The universe feels so small and underwhelming. At least the old books managed to capture the scope of what I believe the scope of the universe should be. Honestly I already knew what Pablo said but I guess other people are still too new to the lore.

Just now, Helghan said:

I grew up on the old EU and as I look at the newer canon it just all seems so...small. Everything is so one-sided and black and white. The universe feels so small and underwhelming. At least the old books managed to capture the scope of what I believe the scope of the universe should be. Honestly I already knew what Pablo said but I guess other people are still too new to the lore.

I'm sure Disney will eventually get around to making the universe bigger and not one-sided. It's only a few year in for them having the license. We may see the universe in that way, but in Disney's mind.

1 hour ago, Franklinw1234 said:

I'm sure Disney will eventually get around to making the universe bigger and not one-sided. It's only a few year in for them having the license. We may see the universe in that way, but in Disney's mind.

I'd like to agree but they've already shown that they will not based on the current lore. The Old EU saw the Empire smarten up and mellow out a bit without a megalomaniac sith in charge. The new canon ruins any semblance of that with the utterly barbaric First Order.