TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

What kills me the most here is that I made a vow not to buy Teen Titans Go merch, since bad toy sales are the leading cause of death in animated series. I stayed strong through Pop! Vinyls, but maybe I can talk myself into making this an exception..

The Beast Boy figure has grown on me too , I think he suits the stylised eyes( at least more so then Raven). That mr. T picture though. (: Think I might pick up the tt go packs,a team packs,sonic pack,And Gremlins pack. Might get Adventure time or Harry Potter,but probobly not Ghostbusters, goonies and ran static beasts. Still need to pick up many last wave packs like Bart simpson,Bane and Slimer.

Edit:I would also like to get the mission impossible pack even though he looks super generic and something about the face is off.

Edited by Red nightwing

I am still so intrigued with what these connectables are... :tongue:

Guessing/hoping they come with a figure? :look:

Connectables are the story packs like the ghostbusters one they come with one figure

GhostBusters is a story pack and not a connectable and it has the same pack code as a set that is not a connectable.

If Gremlins didn't already have a pack, I'd guess at Gizmo being a connectable, as he is riding with the witch on the broom in the trailer so he connects to her.

I am more interested in knowing more about connectables and their prices than I am about seeing the next wave after this one.

GhostBusters is a story pack and not a connectable and it has the same pack code as a set that is not a connectable.

If Gremlins didn't already have a pack, I'd guess at Gizmo being a connectable, as he is riding with the witch on the broom in the trailer so he connects to her.

I am more interested in knowing more about connectables and their prices than I am about seeing the next wave after this one.

Gizmo is a team pack with Stripe so connectables are still a mystery for now.

Hmm... We already know set # 71256 was on that leaked list as "GR", and that Gremlins is in (I'll just toot my own horn and note I guessed this early on, though I also have to admit I was dubious about that really being it), and we see both Gizmo and Stripe in this picture, suggesting they're both playable characters (i.e., they'll get figures). I now strongly suspect 71256 is a Gremlins Team Pack with Gizmo and Stripe.

And I bet Gizmo's, er... gizmo... is the pink Barbie car - though of course it can't/won't use the Barbie branding. Poor Mattel, furnishing rides for two iconic characters - Gizmo and Marty McFly - but with its branding scrubbed off of both for their LEGO Dimensions appearances...

(Then again, the hoverboard was an imaginary Mattel product, created for the movie; Barbie's car is a real toy that got used in the other movie. I wonder whether that would keep them from using it at all, or if they'd just call it "doll car" or something similar and include it anyway without reference to Barbie or Mattel...)

I wonder what Stripe will get?

You don't think there's room for one of the Dad's terrible inventions as a gadget?

I'm speculating that the third AT pack will include Marceline and Ice King, Marceline and Princess Bubblegum, or Ice King and Princess Bubblegum.

Other than that, what are the costs for these packs again?

Marceline is a necessity.

I wonder: if they're doing villains as evil as Voldemort, buddying up with the heroes, the Lich is a visually interesting character. (Not that I expect it, ice king with a brick Gunter sounds likelier. But boy I am looking forward to all the quests and areas and NPCs in the adventure world.)

In the same vein: if they've done characters as not-really-a-character as ACU trooper, couldn't everyone's Rex Fury prediction become a.. CMS clown or something? Oh wait shoot, Chase's whole thing is changing into wacky costumes right? That figure is gonna be worth it then.

I saw the pirate ship in the banner and got excited for a minifigure metalbeard or some pirate property entering the game - and then I remembered the goonies.

Also I wonder if they'll get to do another double voice work deal like emmet/Owen for Alfred/Voldemort.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Connectables are the story packs like the ghostbusters one they come with one figure

No, they're not. If they were, why do they have different set numbers? :classic:

Whatever these connectables are, i hope they expand upon some of the more popular already existing franchises in LEGO Dimensions.

Edited by Ordinareo

Maybe it;s just a separate NFC minfiigure without a build?

Surely a 'connectable' would connect to something and not be just a fig.

I think there's a high chance of us seeing a The LEGO Batman Movie Story Pack instead of a 'The LEGO Batman Movie Video Game'.

I think we will get some form of news tomorrow when E3 starts, I checked on YouTube and last year the Portal reveal trailer was uploaded on the first day of E3.

So I just realized something... I've never tried putting the Wicked Witch in water but what happens? And now with Gizmo and Stripe if they go in water they should multiply and also they cannot be in bright light especially day light which would kill them.... And how will the hub world work for Gremlins since they are so small will the environment be larger?

Oh also hope there is some joke between Gizmo and Beast Boy and Raven :grin: (Because of the villain named Gizmo for those wondering..)

Edited by Ashnflash

So I just realized something... I've never tried putting the Wicked Witch in water but what happens? And now with Gizmo and Stripe if they go in water they should multiply and also they cannot be in bright light especially day light which would kill them.... And how will the hub world work for Gremlins since they are so small will the environment be larger?

Oh also hope there is some joke between Gizmo and Beast Boy and Raven :grin: (Because of the villain named Gizmo for those wondering..)

When you try to actually dive into a body of water with the Wicked Witch, she automatically gets on her broomstick to avoid doing so. There might be some waterfalls or similar features where you could possibly get around that limitation, though, and I'm not sure what'd happen in that case.

Raven's hood is the best part of her. If she's a short figure, I'll pass entirely, even though I was very excited for her. Then again, would high sales of her pack incentivize Lego to put her in a "real" set?

I feel like a dad in a movie, "I'm not angry, son. Just.... disappointed."

Edited by Jbricks

When you try to actually dive into a body of water with the Wicked Witch, she automatically gets on her broomstick to avoid doing so. There might be some waterfalls or similar features where you could possibly get around that limitation, though, and I'm not sure what'd happen in that case.

If you get the water element and spray her, she will melt in a pool of black liquid... I thought this was pretty neat and hope the same easter egg type thing will apply to Gizmo and Stripe... But I have no clue how they would handle multiplication and sunlight death. I mean, I would be a tad annoyed if they just ignored it, but I have no clue as to how it would be implemented.

I hope we don't get to play Gremlins 2, I just watched that and holy hell it was awful.