Sign in to follow this  
JINZONINGEN73

Bionicle story / character discussion topic.

Actually, now that I look at the TimeLine, it looks like a bunch of the information has been erased. It only has years 04' an 05'. 8-

I just got Maxilos and Spinax, and I must say: very nice job. Maxilos is imposing and surprisingly stable for such a strange, yet totally unique build. I think it's the largest Titan set that the set designers always go crazy with, because year after year, they've never disappointed me!

well, Maxilos is the one that got me in the bionicle line... well, actually it's Mr Mandalorian' Hydraxon review, But I took Maxilos as well because I didn't want my Hydraxon to feel alone ;-)... But I'm glad I did, I just love the way he's done (well, I modify his hands the same way of Hydraxon's and shortened his feet... I mean, the guy could ski with those *wacko* ). I don't know why, he sort of reminds me of the transformers from the new film. With their mechanically organic look. Now I'd like to find Karzhani to go with them, too...

Though I don't really like the Toa and Barraki (do they take an S in plural?), their design feel just too simple compared to those of the Titans... (I'm sorry I missed Brutaka, actually... And I'm hoping to find karzahni at some time...).

well, Maxilos is the one that got me in the bionicle line... well, actually it's Mr Mandalorian' Hydraxon review, But I took Maxilos as well because I didn't want my Hydraxon to feel alone ;-)... But I'm glad I did, I just love the way he's done (well, I modify his hands the same way of Hydraxon's and shortened his feet... I mean, the guy could ski with those *wacko* ). I don't know why, he sort of reminds me of the transformers from the new film. With their mechanically organic look. Now I'd like to find Karzhani to go with them, too...

Though I don't really like the Toa and Barraki (do they take an S in plural?), their design feel just too simple compared to those of the Titans... (I'm sorry I missed Brutaka, actually... And I'm hoping to find karzahni at some time...).

Well, for me, its how cool, or how many good peices there are. They arn't as simple as you think though.

-ZotS

well, Maxilos is the one that got me in the bionicle line... well, actually it's Mr Mandalorian' Hydraxon review,

Really? You're welcome! *sweet*

I tryed taking of all of Maxilos' gunmetal armor, pulled on the pistons a bit to raise his shoulders, and bent down his neck. He looks oddly menacing.

So...anyone's got any Tid Bits on Lesovikk other than him being Toa of air and part of the first ever team and how his companions got killed and stuff? Why did he end up in the ocean? What is he looking for? Personality? Weapons and powers? What's with the sled?

I believe he is looking for the Matoran his Turaga sent to Karzahni. As in, some Voyatoran, some Mahritoran, including Sarda and Idris.

His power is air, and his mask is Hahli's as far as I know, it allows him to copy Rahi powers. (They decided to call it a mask of kindred.)

I would think he made his sled, but I don't know.

Read up on Bioniclestory.com if you haven't.

Really? You're welcome! *sweet*

I wasn't thanking you... Now because of you my favourite hobby (what am I saying... Addiction) is going to cost me even more (I still have to find and get that republic cruiser and Tie Crawler...) :-(

Nah, just kidding! I love it. I'm really glad I got it on your advice X-D ... And I even managed to find a Vezon & Kardas set. It should arrive early next week. Now I'm in that period of slight stress after an online buy when it's been paid but hasn't yet arrived...

The new comic is up, check out the BZP front page.

I think this one is great. Especially since the books are generally 20 times better than the comics, and this comic is awesome. So the book will be awesome. :-P

I dare them to make an enemy better than the Bohrok/Bohrok Va/Bahrag/Bohrok-Kal next year.

I totally agree! I really haven't liked the Ignition comics much, but this one was pretty good. Especially the end scene. It was pretty smart of Greg and the guys to put Mata Nui's death at the end; I was sucked into the entire comic waiting for that crucial scene and wondering how it would happen! *sweet*

Oh, and Greg says that this comic doesn't even begin to compare to the final comic of the year. I know that won't mean much to some of the members here, but I kinda trust him about this. ;-)

"... and he won't get a second one. Stop! Don't harm that mask! Enter the wacky world of WONKA!"

:-D

Didn't anyone feel it was a pretty anti-climatic way for Mata Nui to die after all the suspense that had been built up (or maybe there wasn't any)? I hope the book and next comic will be better. :-/

-Ikk

Edited by Ikki o' Moopyville

Didn't anyone feel it was a pretty anti-climatic way for Mata Nui to die after all the suspense that had been built up (or maybe there wasn't any)? I hope the book and next comic will be better. :-/

-Ikk

You mean the suspense that's been there since the first chapter in 2006? The possibility of his death was there since the start of the arc, I don't see how it lacks suspense, not to mention, how else would he die? How would you have made it better?

i think the mask will bring him back to life or somehow appoint a new great spirit(matoro?)

jifel

Ah, yes, the whole "Hi, I'm GregF, and Mata Nui is GOING TO DIE. We'll do the big reveal in a few months, but, HE IS GOING TO DIE." Ah, the suspense.

What Ikki means by anticlimactic is that, after all this "suspense", we get to see... the mask of life go out. And Matoro go emo because of it. Thats the big ending. Thats the death of the all-powerful character the plot has been revolving around for 6 years. Woo.

Not to mention, the 'suspense' in 06/07 consisted of the Toa reminding each other that they "must HURRY or the Great Spirit Mata Nui will DIE!" every other chapter. The fights and the running about seemed no more urgent after the Toa had cut the cord, than it did at when the Nuva quietly walked around the island of Voya Nui in IoD.

Besides, I blame Mata Nui's death on Kongu and Hewkii. Without their mingbogglingly overused jokes, the Mahri would've made it in time. :-P

But I'm convinced the book will contain a more satisfying version of the comic's vastly rushed sequences.

-Ikk

Would you have preferred the Mask of Life exploding and taking Matoro down with it? T

Seriously, I think the comic was very well done, given the amount of space Greg has to deal with. I think the abrupt death was the preferred way, rather than something stretched out and over-dramatic. I say let the drama be in the death itself, rather than any major consequences of it.

Ikki, you should recall that when the Toa Nuva first landed on Voya Nui, they believed they had plenty of time; were they to know that others were after it, including Brutaka? They were in no mega-rush. Inferno really began the rush to save Mata Nui's life, because countless time had been lost. By the time the Toa Mahri finished getting the Mask of Life, they knew time was almost up.

I agree that Bionicle Legends 8 will probably be a lot better, the books tend to be better than the comics.

Lord Admiral Helden Ravensdorn, if I recall, all Greg revealed was the same words that were at the end of the July comic:

"Not a joke. Not an illusion. The death of Mata Nui!" I myself was expecting a twist of some sort, but it turns out that he does die. He revealed it to hide the truly emotional ending of the year, which I heard is happening in the November comic. Also, I think LEGO believed it was a good marketing plod, because otherwise Greg would be fired for leaking information; LEGO definitely approved it.

I thought the suspense was well played out. The suspense was very apparent in this issue, with Matoro swimming down after Voya Nui with the Mask of Life, and the abrupt end where he kneels on the ground in shock. The suspense was building up, and they did a good job of ending it.

VK

Well said, Visorak-Kal! You summed up exactly what I was feeling, as you have done before. ;-)

Anway, I'm wondering if legomilk could find out if those bionicle 2008 set names are real or not, since he's been finding a lot of new information on 2008 sets. Maybe he could find out this too! 8-

Thanks, Grievous! :-)

Well, Clonie, if I recall correctly, Greg said that in Bionicle Legends 8 Mata Nui's death is described as being felt by all in the Bionicle Universe as a strange change, something they could feel but not actually see or hear; it wasn't something physical. I think he said it would take about three days for the universe to end after Mata Nui's death.

The lights-out of the Ignika is just symbolic, if you read beneath the lines of the comic carefully, you can see that Matoro feels something is wrong before he notices the Ignika has gone dark.

What do you think?

VK

Thanks, Grievous! :-)

Well, Clonie, if I recall correctly, Greg said that in Bionicle Legends 8 Mata Nui's death is described as being felt by all in the Bionicle Universe as a strange change, something they could feel but not actually see or hear; it wasn't something physical. I think he said it would take about three days for the universe to end after Mata Nui's death.

The lights-out of the Ignika is just symbolic, if you read beneath the lines of the comic carefully, you can see that Matoro feels something is wrong before he notices the Ignika has gone dark.

What do you think?

VK

I don't think you understood my post. I was refering to Helden's comment on the "big ending."

Even though it isn't the actual climax, but still.