Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

35 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I mean, sea monsters and the giant seahorse (in this case, a sea-dragon) are supposed to be a pretty big part of the movie, and that seems perfect for a set. Maybe after the movie, for spoiler protection? Or does Lego do that anymore?

That seahorse/dragon is awesome. 

First look at the new Aquaman set, I'm actually a quite disappointed. The figs save it though.

Edited by Mountain Drew
just realized that the set has not been officially revealed (yet), so I can't post the picture. I found it on instagram if anyone wants to see it

7 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

The figs save it though.

Um, that new Trans-Red recolor of the windshield piece on Manta's sub makes the set! :thumbup: :sweet:

would love an Atlantis D2C set with the justice league in it as well. 

So many colourful characters. 

So a new trailer dropped for the DC villains video game and I love some of the new designs; Catwoman and Clayface would make for extremely cool figures, Merlyn would be fantastic and would go really well with GA/Black Canary released this year. Finally Rebirth Deathstroke is a stunning figure and I really hope we'll be seeing it in physicial form at some point in the future.

29640640028_bdd5dd66dd_b.jpg

43511717931_dac699b9ca_b.jpg

I think Clayface, Catwoman, and Deathstroke would be more likely considering they are more recognizable names and we haven't gotten updated versions for them in awhile, if ever.

I'd imagine if they do a set with Clayface it would be similar to the 76115 Spider-Man Mech vs Venom Mech thats coming out later this year. A set with Catwoman would probably have a motorcycle (or catcycle) and a little sidebuild. And a set with Deathstroke would probably have some military-based vehicle (Helicopter or Off-roader) with orange and blue coloring.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Um, that new Trans-Red recolor of the windshield piece on Manta's sub makes the set! :thumbup: :sweet:

It's a great set for $30 (3 exclusive figs), I was just hoping for a better sidebuild or maybe a new seahorse (Like Storm) or shark mold. At least it comes out right before Christmas so it won't come out of MY wallet

2 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Looks like we can add Atomica, Deathstorm, Sinestro, Black Adam, Heatwave, Two-Face, Penguin, Captain Boomerang, Clock King, and what appears to be Merlyn from characters shown. Blue Beetle's carapace, Black Manta's pack and helmet, Adam Strange's jetpack, Calendar Man's shoulder pads, Firefly's Jetpack, Condiment King's belt, Mr. Freeze's helmet, and Gentleman Ghost's... something are also show in the customizer, so they'll probably be included as playable as well. It looks like one of the locations shown is something Gorilla City related.

What a fantastic information drop hidden in one trailer!

What was the timestamp? I totally missed her!

Also at the end there is a preview shot of the TV Show DLC - first looks at Zoom and Reign(?)

There is a pretty great Two-Face who appears very briefly at the 0.38 mark. He's hard to make out, but he's not in orange, so that's already a huge improvement.

I'm a little skeptical about how many of these figures were redesigned for the game and how many are actually coming. We've seen that Poison Ivy is a preview, and I think that Joker, Riddler, Deathstroke, and Solomon Grundy might be as well. Clock King of all people is different from the physical minifigure and I really doubt that they would release him so soon, especially in another version of the blue and green pajamas look. Catwoman is a toss-up, but she's the one that I really want. What's odd to me is that Grodd was redesigned, but has the same expression as the old one, which sort of makes me suspicious. I'm not convinced that Clayface is real. I think that they just updated the old character model there.  All of this is just speculation, of course.  Heck, if it weren't for Harley and Penguin, I'd think they were just updating all of the Bat-villains for a post TLBM world.

New characters like Heatwave and Merlyn are a little bit harder to spot, since TT has gotten so good at simulating actual figures.

Edit: Catwoman probably isn't happening. I just realized that the goggles on the TLBM mold don't flare up like these, which are the same as LB3. That's a pity.... :sceptic: 

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

5 hours ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Edit: Catwoman probably isn't happening. I just realized that the goggles on the TLBM mold don't flare up like these, which are the same as LB3. That's a pity.... :sceptic: 

I wouldn't rule out Catwoman yet, it wouldn't be the strangest thing if Lego just decided to make a black recolor of the Catwoman helmet piece from TLBM.

And as for Two-Face, Im not saying that a new design isn't welcome, but I would much rather a black and white design similar to this custom I found.

Related image

Edited by Mountain Drew

Oh no, that would be awesome! But at this point I'll take just about anything over the purple and orange one. :tongue: The TLBM version was great for what it was, but too novelty for my taste.

While I would prefer a B&W Two-Face I'd be happy with this games version of him as well (basically his rebirth look).

42626582935_8c39b79cf6_o.png

I would especially like the new hair piece for him as I feel it is more "realistic" as opposed to his black white hair.

Just now, Mountain Drew said:

BTW Brick Vault already has a review for 76095 Aquaman Black Manta Strike, like 4 months early

The set is already out at comic-con and will be available to the full public from the 1st of August. It won't be part of the winter wave :)

5 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

While I would prefer a B&W Two-Face I'd be happy with this games version of him as well (basically his rebirth look).

42626582935_8c39b79cf6_o.png

I would especially like the new hair piece for him as I feel it is more "realistic" as opposed to his black white hair.

Now that I see him in full view, I like this design. His face and hair would also be good for customs. Also, is the left half of his hair the hairpiece from Superman in the BVS sets?

Just now, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

The set is already out at comic-con and will be available to the full public from the 1st of August. It won't be part of the winter wave :)

Well thats really early considering the movie comes out in late December

Edited by Mountain Drew

Just now, Mountain Drew said:

Now that I see him in full view, I like this design. His face and hair would also be good for customs. Also, is the left half of his hair the hairpiece from Superman in the BVS sets?

Well thats really early considering the movie comes out in late December

I think the hair is new but until we get a better look at him I can't say for certain.

It might be a bit early but I believe Lego always releases their sets a few months before the movie, atleast they did with BvS and Justice League.

Oh man, that game is just spewing with fun designs! Clayface, Merlyn, Two-Face, the perfect Catwoman-! I need all four of those in a set STAT. Heck, all but Merlyn could come in the same set!

As for the Aquaman set, I'm really into it! I like this sub better than the last Manta sub, and the minifigs are just fabulous! My only nitpick is that Mera is in turqouise and not that beautiful, classic green, but that doesn't keep it from being a really great figure! Excited to get my hands on this one! (though, not quite as excited as I am for that Brother Eye set! Do we know when that's supposed to come out yet?)

20 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Also at the end there is a preview shot of the TV Show DLC - first looks at Zoom and Reign(?)

Yep, that's Reign! I just hope we get some of the less big but more visually interesting Arrowverse villains, rather than just a bunch of Kryptonians and speedsters drenched in black. 

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

(though, not quite as excited as I am for that Brother Eye set! Do we know when that's supposed to come out yet?)

August 1st for like $30

Aw man, it does look like Two-Face has half of Superman’s hairpiece. That probably makes him a little more unlikely to be released. :look: He and Catwoman are the only two bat villains which I really think could use an upgrade. (Both of their TLBM versions are great, but unorthodox.)

Oh well. I’m really enjoying all of these designs anyway and am really looking forward to any of them to get real releases!

Also, that Aquaman set is pretty great. Between this, DC Super Villains, and the über-Venom I am super excited for the future of this theme. :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Aw man, it does look like Two-Face has half of Superman’s hairpiece. That probably makes him a little more unlikely to be released. :look: He and Catwoman are the only two bat villains which I really think could use an upgrade. (Both of their TLBM versions are great, but unorthodox.)

Oh well. I’m really enjoying all of these designs anyway and am really looking forward to any of them to get real releases!

Why would Two-Face using half of Superman's hairpiece make him more unlikely to be released? I do agree with you that a new version of Two-Face (comic version) is long overdue. Catwoman I would also love to see in physicial form and I think that due to her recent comic book events the odds are pretty good of that.

Like you I also really enjoy these new designs the game throws at us, particularly great to see characters like Merlyn in a manner how Lego would envision him as a figure.

4 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Why would Two-Face using half of Superman's hairpiece make him more unlikely to be released?

Often times the game developers use existing pieces and add something to them that would make it harder for Lego to produce (Ex: Composite Superman, Mister Mxyzptlk, Azrael Batman, Etc.) But anythings possible

Edited by Mountain Drew

(Probably off-topic) but at SDCC today they announced that Batman is going to go back to his Batman: Hush era suit in the upcoming issues. And since Lego usually is good on releasing the same Batsuit variant in a set around the same time that Batman is actually wearing that suit in the comics, does this mean that there's a chance that we could get an eventual updated version of the original 2006 Batsuit (which is pretty much the exact suit that he wore in Hush).

I'd know I'd do anything to get my hands on that minifigure, it's still one of my favorite Batsuit designs that Lego has made to date.

s-l640.jpg               3456261-144-batman-jim-lee2.jpg

Edited by MisterBatfleck

I see everyone here talking about Two -Face and Catwoman (i need those game versions!) and im just over here wondering if we're getting the black adam shown:grin:

also all the other villains would be awesome, i actually like the riddler, i want that joker (just change the hairpiece!) and the other villains are all great, two face looks awesome and is long overdue