Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #126 Paint By Heroes

"An inn? We don't quite have those in Baltarok...what creatures did you hunt?"

"Well, for the first few years I kept to shooting targets. Eventually I was able to move onto deer and elf and the sort."

fabio.jpg

"Easy there, brother. Let the Heroes catch their breaths." Fabio then glances at the two females. "Before I take their breaths away again."

Actaeon stares at the man in annoyance. "You are about as breath-taking as my grandmother," he says as he stares at him, "Less, actually."

"Well, for the first few years I kept to shooting targets. Eventually I was able to move onto deer and elf and the sort."

"I, um... I hope you mean elk?" Annienal rather obviously side steps away from Actaeon.

Warlen, slightly drunk from the mead, walked up to Actaeton. "Loooook, buuuddy, I'm an eeelllf, and IIII'mmm nott deeaad, sooo briing id onn!" he slurred.

"By the Gods. Warlen control yourself, and Actaeon you may wish to explain yourself. Our companions seem to be a bit put out by your choice of practice targets."

Edited by Asphalt

Actaeon's eyes widen quickly, "Oh I'm so sorry, I thought I said elk! I would never hunt an elf!"

fabio.jpg

"Easy there, brother. Let the Heroes catch their breaths." Fabio then glances at the two females. "Before I take their breaths away again."

"Why, do you intend to cut our lungs open? I can do far worse, I promise you, sarlrai," replied Miderun dryly, unamused.

"I, um... I hope you mean elk?" Annienal rather obviously side steps away from Actaeon.

Miderun snickers a bit.

"Interesting. We usually only hunt aepyorni. And usually just for food. Not sure what purpose elf-hunting has..."

"By the Gods. Warlen control yourself, and Actaeon you may wish to explain yourself. Our companions seem to be a bit put out by your choice of practice targets."

"Sorrrrry, Viiiinnnd. Hooouuuld onnnn." Warlen quickly used the topaz to give himself a shock.

"Aaaahh! All better."

The Party:

versio10.jpg

Vindsval Half-born (Asphalt)
*Party Leader*

37 year old, Male, Half Giant,

Level
: 10.5
Cleric
*Gains Triple XP*
*Immune to
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
Sealed Effect,
Fire
and
Weakened
Effects*

Power:
19 (10+9)
(X2 against Humanoid and Holy/Luminous)

Defense:

Health:
18/18 (9+9)

Ether:
19/19 (5+9
+5)

Gold:

Equipment
: Verkenner (
WP:9,
Darkness
elemental Broomstick,
ranged
)

Medal of Glory
(accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
, and
Weakened
effects)
(lent by Benji)
Fiery Robes of the Archmagi (
SP:3 Bodywear +5 Ether, immunity to Sealed Effect and
Fire
)

Inventory:

Consumables
:
Remedy X4 ,
Potion X6, Smoke Bomb X3, Mead X3, Tonic x5, Venom (poison -1) X3, Deadly Poison (Poison -10) X2, Grating Stone, Fire Bomb

Weapons
:
Spark Hammer
(WP:8, (
X2 against Aquatic, Flying, and Mechanical)
lightning
-elemental hammer)

Artefacts
:
Toxic Hood:
Headwear. The green hood worn by the Rosalia Pestilence. Not only makes the wearer immune to being poisoned, but also makes the wearer Blessed if poisoned while donning the hood. (Blessed heroes recover 3 HP per round. Usable by all.)
Tailored
Overcoat
(SP: 1; Immunity to
wind
earth
-, and
water
- damage; suitable for rangers, rogues, hunters, and beast warriors; back wear)
Wonky Shoes
(
footwear,
SP: 3, suitable for all classes)
(lent by Benj
)
Tricorne Hat
(SP: 3; immune to
Light
; suitable for anyone; Headwear)
Nordic Stomach Guard
(SP: 3; immune to
Ice
and
Water
; suitable for Barbarians, Regulators, and Beast Warriors; Bodywear)

Gems:

Decamon Cards
:
Cherub
(Luminous 3)

Tools
: Bed Roll and Shovel

Misc
-
Package for Docken (
Cape of Extravagance (SP: 5, +10 WP, Wearer is Permanently Nimble, Backwear, suitable for Mimes))

FF504FA7-99AD-4A88-9651-BE47D90B4E11_zpshsik7tze.jpg

Warlen
Melimane (The Chosen Minifigure)
encouraged*

23 year old male half-elf Mage

Level 9

Power:
(9+5)
(Spellpower: 24
(9+5+10)
)

Health:
13/13
(4+9)

Ether:
11/13
(4+9)

Gold:

Equipment:
Gold-coated Bat Staff (WP:5, staff), Magicians Gloves (Power +10 to spells)

Inventory:
Ethereal Cape (SP:2; Ether +3, backwear).

Magic items-
Amethyst (
Darkness
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Emerald (
Wood
), Ruby (
Fire
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Opal (
Ice
),
Scroll of Fire Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to fire for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether),
Scroll of Ice Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to ice for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether),
Scroll of Water Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to water for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether),
Scroll of Wood Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to wood for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of
Sleep
(1/2 chance to make target fall asleep at the cost of 1 Ether),
Scroll of Antimagic (1/2 chance to make the target *Immune to magic* at the cost of 1 ether), Tridentian Cape (Max Ether +3; protects from Blinded effect; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers and scholars; backwear),
Scroll of the Abyss (When cast, has a 50/50 chance to tame an Aquatic monster for the next six rounds at the cost of 10 ether) borrowed from Actaeon,
Scroll of Frailty borrowed from Actaeon.
Topaz
(lent from Vindsval)

Consumables-
4 Potions, Grand Potion, Health Core, 5 Tonics, 2 Remedies, Dragon Scale, 3x Mead, Smelling Salts, x2 Smoke bomb, Fire Bomb, Ice bomb.

Other Junk-
Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Magnifying Glass.

14843699811_088fbcaeeb_o.jpg

Annienal Anavir (Kintobor)

"19" year old elven female Knight
*Bonaparte Reputation*

Level 8

Power:
(8+6)

Defense:
(2+5)

Health:
17/17
(10+7)

Equipment:
Ammit (WP: 6; greatsword, user gains 5 ether for every kill); Plain Shield (SP: 5), Pauldrons (SP: 2, suitable for knights, dragoons, and skirmishers; accessory)

Gold:

Inventory:
Bonaparte Cutlass (WP:9, doubled if the user has reputation among the Bonapartes; longsword), Wicked Javelin (WP: 7, throwing weapon, retrievable, 1/6 chance to slow), Sanctified Rito Longsword (WP: 4, Hits doubled against flying enemies, longsword), Training Sword (WP:4),
Shark’s Tooth (Power increased by 5 against Aquatics, Accessory),
Emerald (
Wood
), 5 Potions, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Remedies,2x Mead, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Field Rations (Restore 15 health)
, Tridentian Cape (Max Ether +3; protects from Blinded effect; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers and scholars; backwear)

14554008102_2da271a37f_o.jpg

Actaeon Artus
(Actaeon)

21 years old male human Ranger

Level 11.5
*Immune to Bound and Slowed*

Power
: 18
(11+6+1)

Defense
: 2

Health
: 16/16
(6+10)

Gold
: 318

GP
: 6

Equipment
:Sanctified Rito Bow (WP:6, doubled against Flying enemies; bow), Greaves of the Aubergine Dragoon (SP:2, protects from the Bound- and Slowed-effects; footwear) Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators, weather mages and winged warriors; backwear)

Inventory
: Scroll of the Abyss (When cast, has a 50/50 chance to tame an Aquatic monster for the next six rounds at the cost of 10 ether), Scroll of Frailty, 2x Potion, 2 Remedies, 2 Meads, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Ambrosia, Dragon Scale (Causes lucky and blessed),Soma, Trial Brew, 2 Venom, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Stun Bomb (Deals 5 damage and the Stunned-effect to all opponents when used.), Writ of Blacksmith Service (Voucher for one free weapon or shield upgrade at Anwyl's Smithy), Bedroll
, Sleepy Crossbow (WP:6; has a 1/6 chance to put the target to Fast Asleep; ranged; suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors.), Nondescript cape (SP: 3; protects from Cursed effect; suitable for rogues; backwear).

14672251026_7ce2a272c5_t.jpg

Miderun (CallMePie) *Attacks cause
enamored

18 year old female orc Barbarian

Level 8

Power:
(8 + 13 + 1)

Health:
15/15
(8 + 7)

Gold:

Equipment:
Oculoid Claw (WP: 13, 1/6 chance of dealing the
infected
-effect, causing an enemy to lose health equal to 1/3 of their level rounded down at the end of each round, club), Seductive Perfume (Holder deals the
enamored
-effect, accessory, suitable for women)

Inventory:
Bonaparte Cutlass (WP: 9, doubled if the user has reputation among the Bonapartes),
Serstyral (WP: 3, axe), Tricorne (SP: 3),
2x Mead,
Nostrum, Opal, Phoenix Essence, 3 Potions,
Remedy
, Smelling Salts,
Smoke Bomb,
High Heels (Power +1; suitable for women.)
, -War Axe (WP: 9, suitable for suitable for barbarians, alchemists, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators and winged warriors.)

Please recheck stats, etc.

The party then headed out of town, waving good bye to William and his family for the time. Virgil walked in the front, his head up, getting back into his explorer's habits, if a little shaken. Rose and Javier continued right behind him while Fabio seemed too preoccupied with his hair to notice where they were going.

javier.jpg

"Now, Mister Mage," the lead painter said to Warlen, "why is it you seem to be so... I don't know... loud? Surely you don't paint. Painting requires quiet and an open mind. Or do you paint?"

rose.jpg

Rose moved back to Annie and Miderun. "I'm so sorry about Fabio. He's usually only like this around me. I can't believe I have to put up with him sometimes. My speciailty is figures and he is always asking me to paint him."

virgil.jpg

"You said you were here before on this island, half giant. Maybe the Sumeros should have sent for you originally!"

virgil.jpg

"You said you were here before on this island, half giant. Maybe the Sumeros should have sent for you originally!"

That is true. Miderun and I started our carrerrs with heroica here on this island. Trouble with a necromancer. Though the Sumeros did not come to us first, we came as soon as we were called."

Please recheck stats, etc.

The party then headed out of town, waving good bye to William and his family for the time. Virgil walked in the front, his head up, getting back into his explorer's habits, if a little shaken. Rose and Javier continued right behind him while Fabio seemed too preoccupied with his hair to notice where they were going.

javier.jpg

"Now, Mister Mage," the lead painter said to Warlen, "why is it you seem to be so... I don't know... loud? Surely you don't paint. Painting requires quiet and an open mind. Or do you paint?"

"My mind ain't quiet, but it's opem. And no, I don't paint, but I do dabble in drawing. If you have some paper and something I can use to write with I could show you, if you like."

rose.jpg

Rose moved back to Annie and Miderun. "I'm so sorry about Fabio. He's usually only like this around me. I can't believe I have to put up with him sometimes. My speciailty is figures and he is always asking me to paint him."

"I, um, hope you don't mind me saying this, but has he always been like this? How do you deal with these kind of advancements?" Annienal was hoping to find something to deal with a certain someone, but thought afterwards maybe she was pushing her luck.

rose.jpg

"I, um, hope you don't mind me saying this, but has he always been like this? How do you deal with these kind of advancements?"

"I can deal with idiots well enough. Don't know why you people waste time dancing around with this kind of thing. If he wants favor with a woman he ought to just kill something big and ask for her hand. Ta anh ir myvrahk, daz ai et al, daz sar et staal, daz vohl et zar."

Miderun shrugged and looked around.

"Or picking a lot of berries, maybe. That seems important around here. Something useful. Nice hair isn't useful."

Edited by CallMePie

virgil.jpg

Vindsval shortens his strides to stay alongside the Mercenary.

"Are you certain there is nothing else you can tell me about this beast or this flower? It seems a great deal of trouble to go through for paint, and if I am to be honest it seems to me a desecration of something Holy. If this flower can indeed heal. . . But that is not my place to say. I am sorry. Do you happen to have a map of the island. The copy I used upon our last visit was left in the hands of my friend by the name of Carvenhall."

"My mind ain't quiet, but it's opem. And no, I don't paint, but I do dabble in drawing. If you have some paper and something I can use to write with I could show you, if you like."

javier.jpg

"Go right ahead," Javier replies as he pulls some spare papers and pens from his bag and hands them to Warlen.

"I, um, hope you don't mind me saying this, but has he always been like this? How do you deal with these kind of advancements?" Annienal was hoping to find something to deal with a certain someone, but thought afterwards maybe she was pushing her luck.

rose.jpg

"I personally just shrug it off and ignore him. He's been like this as long as I've known him, and we've been working together for nearly two decades."

"I can deal with idiots well enough. Don't know why you people waste time dancing around with this kind of thing. If he wants favor with a woman he ought to just kill something big and ask for her hand. Ta anh ir myvrahk, daz ai et al, daz sar et staal, daz vohl et zar."

"Or picking a lot of berries, maybe. That seems important around here. Something useful. Nice hair isn't useful."

rose.jpg

"I don't think Fabio could kill anything, even if he wanted to. Although depending on one's occupation in life, nice hair could be useful."

Vindsval shortens his strides to stay alongside the Mercenary.

"Are you certain there is nothing else you can tell me about this beast or this flower? It seems a great deal of trouble to go through for paint, and if I am to be honest it seems to me a desecration of something Holy. If this flower can indeed heal. . . But that is not my place to say. I am sorry. Do you happen to have a map of the island. The copy I used upon our last visit was left in the hands of my friend by the name of Carvenhall."

virgil.jpg

"The mayor gave me a map when we arrived on the island."

TridentiaMap_zpsb978c53b.jpg

"The beast was somewhere past the berry orchard. My brother and I went there first and were able to make a path on our way through. It was slow going, having to push hundreds of branches away and climb through the shrubs. Maybe we were too noisy, and that was what alerted the beast. My best bet is if you want to find this beast, we head to the orchard."

Vindsval looks at the map and thinks back to his first visit.

"yes this is it. If I remember correctly there is a road that leads first to the Cemetary and then on to the Orchard. If that is still the case I say we Follow the road the the Cemetery."

OOC:well that was an odd interjection wasnt it? Can never have too many highlanders I suppose.

Annienal knew well enough that Miderun would probably run anyone through who irritated her enough as she tried translating her friend's Orcish. "War is our nature, for men and women, for fools and heroes, for death and glory. I can, um, kind of, sort of understand that mentality. I, um, would prefer to keep my life in my romantic advances, though. Far too often people do really silly things that get themselves killed, all for a potential lover. At least, that's what happens in a lot of books I've read."

"yes this is it. If I remember correctly there is a road that leads first to the Cemetary and then on to the Orchard. If that is still the case I say we Follow the road the the Cemetery."

"I really hope there aren't any undead. I really don't like mindless undead..." Annienal looked around behind them, making sure nothing was coming up on them, almost instinctively.

"I really hope there aren't any undead. I really don't like mindless undead..." Annienal looked around behind them, making sure nothing was coming up on them, almost instinctively.

"Worry not, but keep your weapons loose. Unless another necromancer has taken up residence on the island the cemetery should be free of the Restless."

OOC:well that was an odd interjection wasnt it? Can never have too many highlanders I suppose.

virgil.jpg

"Good, we will head there then. Follow me."

Looking up a few times, and erasing a lot of the drawing, Warlens picture slowly came to fruition.

*Warlen's Image*

"Symmetrical 'staches are quite hard, and you can see a lot of eraser marks, but it's not too bad."

javier.jpg

"That is... quite... uh... interesting, Mr. Mage."

The explorer leads the party on and after another hour, they arrive at the Tridentian cemetery. For Miderun and Vindsval, it looks cleaner than when they left it.

virgil.jpg

"Have a look around, if you wish."

Annienal stays back and looks around, trying to see what exactly was in the cemetery.

"I, um, think I'll stay here and, um, just watch you guys..."

Vindsval wonders at the contrasts in Annienal. She is a knight, obviously trained and conditioned for battle, yet so often absorbed in her books that she seems to lack all sense of adventure. Such timidity in one trained for battle. A study in contradictions.

"All is well Annienal, the ground is pristine among the memorials. I do not believe you have anything to fear from the Restless here this day."

Vindsval continues to explore the recently cleaned Cemetery. He pauses here and there To Dig With His Shovel.

Where is everyone?

As the Heroes enter the cemetery, they tense, ready for a fight. But there's nothing.

virgil.jpg

"I'm not sure if I expected the beast to push this far it or not."

Vindsval finds nothing as he digs, unless he decides to dig into the graves.