What do you guys see for 2017?

I bet they'll use their animal motifs for sets.

Fox

Falcon/Eagle/Hawk

Bull/Taurus

Dragon

Chicken

Horse

Hope we get a windmill

I would love to see some sort of massive dropship (i have a thing for carrier aircraft) or knighton castle (that looks like a spacecraft).

I like the animal motif idea though Rayskull

Fox

Falcon/Eagle/Hawk

Bull/Taurus

Dragon

Chicken

Horse

I think Lego will be taking a very cautious approach to the animal-motif direction in the foreseeable future... :look:

I'm guessing maybe a few vehicles based on traditional siege engines, a few more original vehicles, and probably variations on the knights' weaponry, like a whip sword instead of a claymore or something like that.

Fox

Falcon/Eagle/Hawk

Bull/Taurus

Dragon

Chicken

Horse

Hope we get a windmill

I think that they will keep the beast motifs for the villain faction for the upcoming waves. The monster in the queen rescue set kinda resembles a Taurus, btw. They will probably stick with the heraldry as symbols only, like with the Mars Mission vehicles, but a dragon at some point is to be expected.

I would love to see some sort of massive dropship (i have a thing for carrier aircraft) or knighton castle (that looks like a spacecraft).

spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!! :grin: The tower carrier is pretty cool, but a 100€ space dropship... :wub:

7644-1.jpg?200805090103

remember this?

I just came out of my Dark ages since 2000 with Nexo Knights.

After owning all the winter 2016 sets, I hope for more structures in 2017.

I love the Fortrex doubling up as mobile base , or good guy castle , especially connected to Library it's a nice start of the theme.

Jestro's lair this summer looks fantastic too so I hope they continue the trend in that design direction.

In 2016 there are just a lot of vehicles, especially for the good guys if you count the whole year.

Knight vehicles:

- 5 hover horses

- 5 big vehicle sets (1 for each knight) , some are modular to split in 2 or 4 .

- 1 small clay bike on fortrex

- 1 aero striker small flyer on fortrex

- 1 macy's flyer with jestro's lair

- 1 king mech + 1 small shield flyer

- 1 soldier knighton battle blaster

Lava Monster:

- 1 jestro mobile

- 2 small flyers

- 1 small crossbow emplacement

- 1 moltor lava smasher

- 1 beast master chariot

- 1 magmar siege machine

- 1 chaos catapult

Not counting polybags or magazine sets here.

Still unreleased Black Knight set to come.

I would love to see some sets like "Robin's Workshop" , or more civilian areas of villages or knighton city or the gold factory, just something with different minifigs or bot-figures from the show.

Previous castle themes always had some neutral or smaller structures / towers/ prisons etc. and part of the show is about finding the books in remote places.

I understand year 1 is all about the characters and starting them up, including ultimates , we got a ton of sets in 1 year to get going.

And if you consider the world map's landscapes and the book of monster the theme can go many many directions beyond this.

Edited by TeriXeri

Hoping for new helmets or new colorations. Like solid color visors and silver helmets.

The top half of magmars helmet. Perhaps those two pieces in different colors (blue and silver), so we can mix and match.

Hoping for new helmets or new colorations. Like solid color visors and silver helmets.

The top half of magmars helmet. Perhaps those two pieces in different colors (blue and silver), so we can mix and match.

What top half? Magmar's helmet seems to just be a visor-like piece that attaches to the neck.

I'd like to see that too. Btw, Rayskull might be talking about the helmet seen on one of the first sea monster guys that leaked, the one with the fish bowl under his arm.

Im thikn what he's trying to say is that he wants a helmet piece to go along with it. Kinda like the neck/helmet combo Ultron used.

Exactly, it would add a whole new helmet customization dynamic, you could easily do half helms and stuff.

Fox

Falcon/Eagle/Hawk

Bull/Taurus

Dragon

Chicken

Horse

Hope we get a windmill

Hmm...not sure about an all out "Animal Motif" theme given that Chima just ended and was perhaps not as successful as Lego had hoped it would be (i.e. it didn't earn a stay of execution beyond it's planned run). But since we are guessing/speculating, In 2017, I could see:

- Some kind of small mechs for all of the knights at the Ultimate price point or slightly higher. Basically a small exo-skeleton (I once referred to this idea as a Nexo Skeleton)

similar to the small polybag mech that Jay got in the last wave of Ninjago, but with more pieces and better weaponry

- More mechs in general, since this is a Lego in-house action/adventure theme and Lego seems to have a love affair with mechs (not that I'm complaining)

- a new enemy faction is that neither the mushroom people or the sea/swamp people revealed in the books

- A large castle for the Knights - "Castle Knighton" or some such thing

- Dragons or other mythical medieval beasts like chimeras, Pegasus, griffon - perhaps in Robotic form

- New versions of the knights weapons

We will know exactly what to expect in 3 months or so!

spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!! :grin: The tower carrier is pretty cool, but a 100€ dropship.

remember this?

Wish i was into lego when this came out that looks epic.

Might try a MOC dropship :D

Edited by dannallcorn

That set looks like a monster truck :laugh:

Edited by Robert8