TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

Not if you want the gang to sit in front. I made modifications and made a whole new thread about this and how I got all 4 kids and even Scooby to ride upfront with pieces from the set.

Could you provide a link to your topic? I'm trying to wrap my brain around how you could get four different minifigures to sit in a row in the front seat of a vehicle, and I just can't visualize it at all.

Could you provide a link to your topic? I'm trying to wrap my brain around how you could get four different minifigures to sit in a row in the front seat of a vehicle, and I just can't visualize it at all.

Thanks Dr. Cogg.

They're not in a row in the LEGO version nor can I get anymore than 3 in front with mods stuffing them in.

The debate in this thread is that Scooby and Shaggy never sit in the back in the cartoons. This debate must be coming from a younger generation because I just watched the first episode of SDWAY and within the first 5 minutes the gang appear all upfront, including Scooby.

In my mod and my newer mod I was able to fit all 4 gang members in the front but sit them back to back. Scooby conveniently slid in the middle but couldn't clamp down.

I did duggest, maybe removing the arms and legs might work but after playing with my new mod last night I don't see it happening thanks to the limits TLC has put on the logical design of this set.

My new mod I made the four sit more comfortably and I made the back an exclusive storage area, all with the pieces from the set, just moved some pieces around and had a few extra left over.

I also felt the freezer I made with the extra pieces the first time was lousy so I removed it. I bought another mansion without the minifigs and bike so I plan to add from the kitchen to this one and conceive what I want the other areas to be.

Bought the Mystery Mansion and Mystery Machine. Both look great and I'm glad those are the only two sets needed to complete the gang. Though I hoped Fred and Velma would be in one more set, to the effect of getting two full sets of the gang (maybe with different expressions) after grabbing the whole wave, but that was clearly wishful thinking... Which is why I probably won't buy any more from this wave.

I like how the Mystery Machine opens, but I wasn't a fan of the stickered parts, but I also knew that stickers were to be expected. I do like the flower-printed dish pieces and the Zombie figure is cute.

One of the things I plan to do with my Mystery Mansion is rotate the brown parts connecting the different areas of the mansion, to the extent that the interior is forming the concave as opposed to the exterior. Hopefully that makes sense... Then I plan to remove the spike-ball trap and replace it with something else... It's way too big and takes up the whole foyer, leaving much to be desired in that area. Maybe I will try to make a library above the kitchen, with a moving bookcase or some other play feature hiding a clue...

Edited by telaruhn

Bought the Mystery Mansion and Mystery Machine. Both look great and I'm glad those are the only two sets needed to complete the gang. Though I hoped Fred and Velma would be in one more set, to the effect of getting two full sets of the gang (maybe with different expressions) after grabbing the whole wave, but that was clearly wishful thinking... Which is why I probably won't buy any more from this wave.

I like how the Mystery Machine opens, but I wasn't a fan of the stickered parts, but I also knew that stickers were to be expected. I do like the flower-printed dish pieces and the Zombie figure is cute.

One of the things I plan to do with my Mystery Mansion is rotate the brown parts connecting the different areas of the mansion, to the extent that the interior is forming the concave as opposed to the exterior. Hopefully that makes sense... Then I plan to remove the spike-ball trap and replace it with something else... It's way too big and takes up the whole foyer, leaving much to be desired in that area. Maybe I will try to make a library above the kitchen, with a moving bookcase or some other play feature hiding a clue...

Great ideas!

Great ideas!

Thank you, kelceycoe!

I actually want to try out a lot of things with my mansion, but I like it at its current size so I am trying to show some restraint to stay close to the mansion's original (exterior) design.

I also like the rest of the interior, but I hope to update them to my liking... The greenhouse needs more plants (mandrakes, anyone!?) and my kitchen needs a little something extra to it...

On buying second sets without the figures - very worth it, imo. I did that with a lot of the Hobbit/LotR sets and I'm thrilled with the extra buildings and supplemental enviromental features I was able to make with them, so I may have to do the same with the Mystery Mansion.

Thank you, kelceycoe!

I actually want to try out a lot of things with my mansion, but I like it at its current size so I am trying to show some restraint to stay close to the mansion's original (exterior) design.

I also like the rest of the interior, but I hope to update them to my liking... The greenhouse needs more plants (mandrakes, anyone!?) and my kitchen needs a little something extra to it...

On buying second sets without the figures - very worth it, imo. I did that with a lot of the Hobbit/LotR sets and I'm thrilled with the extra buildings and supplemental enviromental features I was able to make with them, so I may have to do the same with the Mystery Mansion.

It's smarter to just buy another set and sell the minifigures. They seem to be going anywhere from $10 (monsters, shag, and scoob) to $20, free shipping, on Ebay. So you'd get some money back. I was in a hurry and used Paypal credit and tired of fooling around on Ebay. I am trying to sell some Duffy bears and I don't anticipate success.

It's smarter to just buy another set and sell the minifigures. They seem to be going anywhere from $10 (monsters, shag, and scoob) to $20, free shipping, on Ebay. So you'd get some money back. I was in a hurry and used Paypal credit and tired of fooling around on Ebay. I am trying to sell some Duffy bears and I don't anticipate success.

I will say I got the Dol Guldur Ambush for $9, Lake-town Chase for $35, and Mirkwood Elf Army, Council of Elrond, and Escape from Mirkwood Spiders for $12 each, all of which came without figures (or the brick-built spiders in the Escape from Mirkwood Spiders set). I can whole-heartedly say those were some great buys for the amount of pieces I got.

I'm seeing the Mystery Mansion being sold without the figures for around $70 on Ebay, which also seems reasonable considering you get a lot of parts for the price. The caveat there is you don't have anything to sell to offset the cost like you would a brand new set with the figures. There's always more to it than just the cost, though. You also have to think about the time spent buying that second set, taking out the figures and maybe the motorcycle, making the Ebay listings, shipping to the buyer... I don't think I have enough time or patience to be an Ebay seller, even if you get the most bang for your buck with that option.

Edited by telaruhn

I will say I got the Dol Guldur Ambush for $9, Lake-town Chase for $35, and Mirkwood Elf Army, Council of Elrond, and Escape from Mirkwood Spiders for $12 each, all of which came without figures (or the brick-built spiders in the Escape from Mirkwood Spiders set). I can whole-heartedly say those were some great buys for the amount of pieces I got.

I'm seeing the Mystery Mansion being sold without the figures for around $70 on Ebay, which also seems reasonable considering you get a lot of parts for the price. The caveat there is you don't have anything to sell to offset the cost like you would a brand new set with the figures. There's always more to it than just the cost, though. You also have to think about the time spent buying that second set, taking out the figures and maybe the motorcycle, making the Ebay listings, shipping to the buyer... I don't think I have enough time or patience to be an Ebay seller, even if you get the most bang for your buck with that option.

The one I bought and the one that sold before that went for $57 including shipping in the price. Try to hold out if possible. The first one I lost in a last minute bidding war, the second one no one bid against me.

LEGO SCOOBY DOO site updated with daily activities. This new section is called Spooktober and can be found at the LEGO Scooby site by clicking Explore. Daily clues are given but if you miss a day click the door below and you will be given the clue and a link to an activity!

There is also an all-new Halloween site which will list new activities every week. I am so proud of TLC for finally doing this. It was so needed.

Anyone have a working copy of the wacky witch activity from the Halloween page? Link doesn't work.

LEGO SCOOBY DOO site updated with daily activities. This new section is called Spooktober and can be found at the LEGO Scooby site by clicking Explore. Daily clues are given but if you miss a day click the door below and you will be given the clue and a link to an activity!

There is also an all-new Halloween site which will list new activities every week. I am so proud of TLC for finally doing this. It was so needed.

Anyone have a working copy of the wacky witch activity from the Halloween page? Link doesn't work.

This?

Are there any hints at Be Cool Scooby-Doo! sets? The show is surprisingly good and we could get a hot air balloon, submarine and new monsters!

LEGO HOLIDAY CATALOG does NOT have the Scooby Doo products listed for sale at all or even the GHOSTBUSTERS ideas set. FYI.

LEGO SCOOBY DOO UPDATE:

As Halloween nears and TLC pushes more in promoting the CMF14 Monster line than the Scooby Doo line (the Club magazines illustrate this) it definitely appears that this theme, as I have been saying since Day 1 and the designer said in the interview I posted back, is a one and done Halloween promotion deal.

Which leads us to look at what we know we have left to see from LEGO SCOOBY DOO:

THE NEW STUFF YOU MAY NOT KNOW about:

* Advent Calendar. In case you weren't aware, the entire Scooby Doo site, along with promoting a "Mystery Tour," has been slightly updated since its initial release (it appears to be Version 3 which introduced this calendar). The advent calendar is called "Spooktober" (also referred to as "Trick or Treat" in the Videos section) and also listed under the top menu as Explore. You go to each day by clicking a door. Every day a clue is revealed, from the sets, leading up to the villains capture. Along the way you're rewarded with activities, from coloring pages to mazes and puzzles and even printout masks of the gang, and even have a chance to collect bricks, which presumably will be used to make some kind of new build, but don't quote me on that. (It would make up for the lackluster yet scary Angler Fish we got this month instead of a Halloween build like we have gotten for several years)

* Characters. In addition to Spooktober, the characters section has been updated. With what? The villains unmasked. Now each villain has their own profile for the charcater they are based from. Even Mr. Brown, who is technically not based from the Gilly Stein character (despite the Scooby Doo official site lists Gilly Stein as the Swamp monster; I'm assuming IP rights keeps them from uing his name as it is tied to a famous Shakespeare play) has a bio:

"Mr. Brown was a clever bank robber who, after making off with thousands of dollars, stashed his money away in the swamp before he managed to get away from the police. He returned months later dressed as the Swamp Creature, both to disguise himself from the police and to scare off anyone who might stumble upon his stolen money. However, it didn’t take long for the gang to decipher the clues he left and unmask the monster!"

UPDATE: This bio actually matches closer to an actual Scooby Doo villain. His name was Oldsie, he was an old man with gray hair (no oneicle like the Lego version) who hid his gold and dressed as the Swamp Creature (nothing like the Lego version though) to scare people away as he searched for it. This has been a long and exhaustive search and I am glad that I am able to tie Mr. Brown to Oldsie, why TLC refused to call him Oldsie and change his look I have no clue. Oldsie appeared in What's New, Scooby-Doo? 206. A Scooby-Doo Halloween.

* Videos. A new video, as of October 22, has been added: Trick or Treat. It's another small, funny video that seems to be released every so often by TLC.

* October 26-November 1st: At Lego Stores everywhere some kind of scavenger hunt is going on (It's actually on the October calendar). While I'd love to see the actual prize or even buy it it is expected to be Scooby-Doo stickers (like last year's event kids got some kind of sticker which I never have seen to this day).

* Animated special. LEGO Scooby-Doo: Knight Time Terror is the official title. No official word here in the U.S., a few sites claim that it was suppose to appear on Boomerang Italy on October 22 and Boomerang UK October 24 but I have heard nothing about this. Stay tuned.

THE STUFF YOU ALREADY KNOW:

Campaign Builder: The number one thing that made many of us fans mad is when TLC released a huge "press kit" to Youtube fans that reviewed Lego sets frequently. These seemed to go to adults who had popular shows and almost any kid with a Youtube channel that reviewed sets. Every huge Scooby-designed box contained all 5 sets and excluisve microbuilds of the gang, as well as fun hairpieces. Anyone who got this box was expected to promote it. I somehow expect these will hit Ebay soon after the Lego Scooby Doo craze does down and I don't expect them to make any money unless the sets come with them. Plenty of these videos on Youtube.

Mystery Tour: It's been going on since September. There are a few videos of the prizes on youtube but it's all kid stuff and some of it TLC is giving out in its Advent Calendar (see below). But the collest thing is an excluisve microbuild of the Mystery Machine, instructions can be found on the Internet and there is currently one model for sale on Ebay.

* Club magazine. The magazine, all editions from USA to Canada and other countries that have the magazine, include at least one Scooby activity. The web site has one Mystery code, as well as a code (pumpkin I think, the Scooby code is mystery) to make a pumpkin, the same pumpkin from last year I believe. There is also an article on how to play the Scooby game to club members.

* Holiday Catalog. As I already mentioned, the Holiday catalog does not list any Halloween product, even the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 set. So absolutely no Scooby Doo set appears in this catalog.

Which isn't a good sign given the Monster Fighters line, which targeted more adults, were sold through the 2012 Summer, Fall, and Holiday catalogs.

* Double VIP points ALL MONTH... Yep. TLC originally wasn't doing this but guess what, they did, and guess what, all of the Scooby Doo sets HAVE REMAINED LISTED FOR SALE THE WHOLE MONTH... all that talk about them being "so popular" because they "sold out" so fast and so early thanks to many retailers releasing them a week early, despite my attempts at explaining these retailers only ordered about 4 pieces of each set. Nice pull, TLC, I got screwed out of Double VIP points. Meanwhile, all 5 sets and the Dimensions one remain for sale at this time on Lego's site.

* Dimensions. The Dimensions set is still out and I don't have it yet. I don't know if the Scooby print is new or not but from having all 5 of the sets I can say there are a few different versions of Scooby and the heads are interchangeable with each body. You can find videos about this and even gameplay from both the online Scooby game (which I can't seem to get to play) and the Dimensions level.

* Custom. I own all 5 sets plus an extra Haunted Mansion, minus the figs and second flytrap. I might show you guys before I put them away, my kittens haven't been too kind to my Legos so no Halloween display this year (I've had them out since January anyway so no big deal). But if you get 2 Mystery Mansions I was able to build a horse stable for the Headless Horseman, a vampire crypt, a witch's cottage, I double the sized of the greenhouse and enclosed it, (Plant Monster is in place of the flytrap), and a Mummy tomb from the mummy's set (it replaced the kitchen from the second mansion I own). I also made a "trap" - the top of the other side of the building has a safe but inside is fools gold and it's protected by another monster, I forget who's protecting it. The Black Knight sits in the kitchen as homage to the first episode and the Mystery Mansion holds the boat and the motorcycle inside the boat. The Mystery Machine was customized again so the back serves as a toolbox and the front and middle the gang can sit. Scooby sits between Fred and Daphne in the front, making it possible to fit 3 people in the front. The other 2 have to sit in the bac. The brown single round studs and extra bones are scooby snacks (or droppings lol) that are in the van behind Shaggy and Velma. All the maps, cameras, and magnifying glasses are in the small storage in the van, which cannot open as it did in the set. The Haunted Lighthouse has the kitchen from the second mansion, extending its already small kitchen and the van's kitchen was put inside my mansions to amke it bigger. The zombie tree is also inside the greenhouse (yes it fits when you double it, maybe even without doubling it). Basically, the Mystery Mansion is a "monster house", a homage to the monster rally and monster party movies from Mad Monster Party to Hotel Transylvanias, so a few of my CMF14s did make a home here as well. (The Banshee has her own place to hide thanks to extra pieces).

It appears TLC will be doing something every Halloween. The Ghostbusters HQ is coming out, not officially confirmed by TLC but leaks from a TRU Canadian site have confirmed it as well as reputable members with inside sources. The initial date was believed to be January 1st, 2016, but there is speculation that the HQ will be released in July, which is about the same time TLC releases its Halloween themes (May 2012 was MOnster Fighters and should have been July 2012 and August 2015 was Scooby Doo, so possibly, and this date is only speculation, July 2016 for GB HQ for next Halloween.

Not to mention the already planned GB Dimensions sets.

Well I got out of it most of what I wanted, so I consider it well worth it in the end.

The Dimensions set is still out and I don't have it yet. I don't know if the Scooby print is new or not but from having all 5 of the sets I can say there are a few different versions of Scooby and the heads are interchangeable with each body.

We've been over this before, Scooby is a new variation. He has his tongue printed on the side of his face.

Edit: On a side note if anyone is looking to make a more episode accurate version of the Mummy the CMF 15 series features a man with a bandage hatpiece. I don't know if it goes down far enough in the back to cover the reverse face on the Mummy, but it's at least a possibility.

Edited by strangely

The LEGO Scooby Doo episode is airing tomorrow at 8:30 for UK and Ireland! Can't wait :D

LEGO is spelt like Lego for some reason though

The LEGO Scooby Doo episode is airing tomorrow at 8:30 for UK and Ireland! Can't wait :D

LEGO is spelt like Lego for some reason though

I don't think we've seen any advertising / promo material for this supposed 'special'

I've been hearing about it for months.

I don't think we've seen any advertising / promo material for this supposed 'special'

I've been hearing about it for months.

It's on my DVR for 8:30 tomorrow :P, it's repeated about a dozen times throughout the week

It's on my DVR for 8:30 tomorrow :P, it's repeated about a dozen times throughout the week

Oddly not much has been written about it, but I did find this tweet with a screencap! (see below) Or the "missing short" called "Nice Ride" that appeared on WB's Youtube channel and mysteriously disappeared the next day.

Evidence of "Nice Ride" Video: http://scoobysnax1.weebly.com/legos.html

So is the Scooby Doo line already gone?

It is not possible to order sets at the german lego shop. The theme is not even listed anymore.

So is the Scooby Doo line already gone?

It is not possible to order sets at the german lego shop. The theme is not even listed anymore.

Im in America. The theme is still listed and all sets are for sale on our S@h page. My TRU was stocked - might change around Halloween.