Also, if you're counting Dekar and Hydraxon or Takua and Takanuva then it would follow that Turaga Dume and Ultimate Dume would also count.

and the two rahaga, norik and iruini, got toa sets that year too.

We know they will not.

did lego confirm this? If they did I must have missed it.

Greg is the chief editor of the LEGO Club Magazine as far as I know and he's said there are no BIONICLE comics planned for the magazine. Then again, we don't know if there could be graphic novels.

-Gata signoff.png

Greg is the chief editor of the LEGO Club Magazine as far as I know and he's said there are no BIONICLE comics planned for the magazine. Then again, we don't know if there could be graphic novels.

-Gata signoff.png

Greg said they weren't working on it back then. It's not impossible to see them next year but for Comic-Con we will not get them.

I suddenly had an interesting thought; bear with me.

In 2001, BIONICLE set the precedent that each price-point group of six figures would have the colors red, blue, green, black, brown (later yellow/metallic), and white.

BIONICLE stayed true to that, though in 2004 we saw the more saturated shades become darker, or in brown's case, washed out. Later we saw brown phased out in favor of yellow and metallic hues.

Though our parts bins are full of these six colors and variations upon them, we never got the chance to get much of any more interesting colors, because of the status quo.

Now, along comes Hero Factory! Though the first year showed no innovation, later we saw introduction of orange, yellow, gunmetal, purple, and transparent elements in far larger quantities than ever seen in BIONICLE.

Now that BIONICLE is returning, it looks like we'll be returning to the same six-color system. Quite a bummer, eh?

Not quite. The prototype pictures we've seen show a variety of secondary colors ranging from purple, to transparent shades of blue, to yellow and even turquoise.

What if with each wave, we see the primary colors stay the same, but with an ever-changing array of secondaries? One wave, all the green figures might have keetongorange as their secondary color, another wave it could be brown, and on another teal.

Perhaps the set designers realize that because they're forced to stick with six primary colors, they ought to provide as much variance as possible with the secondaries to keep the color schemes fresh?

Well, there's my baseless speculation over with.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

-Gata signoff.png

aww, no new comics? I still remember reading them when I first got into bionicle to when it ended. I'm gonna miss those. :cry_sad:

More importantly, a 6-8 legged Fenrakk would be awesome.

lego, take my money now. Edited by arc

I really would want the 2006-2007 characters to make a comeback..

Or a Visorak that actually has eight legs.

Hmm, I've got the time, I need to go and work on that.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

The return of Vezon would be most appreciated.

Certainly not by me.

I can't wait to see the costume they use for Tahu at Comic-Con.

I hope it looks like this

tumblr_nc8b6qvFpu1r7sjqoo5_400.jpg

I'd love to see Vezon back. I take it the biggest reason people got annoyed by him was because he made it to too many serials? He can be brought back as the Deadpool-esque character he was but appear in fewer stories and keep his appearances important.

Hm. Well, I guess as long as he actually does something with his appearances I'd feel better about it. So much of the serials was just "oh hey look it's Vezon acting wacky again. isn't it funny?"

Author spends some of his free time writing Bionicle serials. He has no obligation to do so, but does it for the fans. So he chooses to write about one of his favourite characters to make things easier. Screw him, right?

I really would want the 2006-2007 characters to make a comeback..

Or a proper release of the Kardas dragon

Author spends some of his free time writing Bionicle serials. He has no obligation to do so, but does it for the fans. So he chooses to write about one of his favourite characters to make things easier. Screw him, right?

The conditions under which a story was written should not exempt it from criticism. Unless he was literally writing at gunpoint, I see no reason why I should not be allowed to criticize the quality of the serials.

I find this quote interesting:

"In the 2015 story, is it likely that we will be seeing more of characters such as Helryx and Artakha?"

"I would say it is highly doubtful. These are characters from a story that stopped five years ago, and that new fans would never even have heard of (since they were not even sets). It really wouldn't make sense to make your target audience for the new launch have to go back and research relatively obscure characters to figure out what is going on in the story."

https://community.le...605180/page/470

I would say this suggests that we will definitely not have a seamless continuation (not that theres any reason to expect this anyways). At the very least, if we arent rebooting we are getting heavy retcons. Technically he hasnt said anything new but I can see only timeskip with most the post 2010's Stars lore (golden armor final "comic") getting clipped off for new audiences or reboot if he is right.

Edited by InfurnallDragon

Perhaps the set designers realize that because they're forced to stick with six primary colors, they ought to provide as much variance as possible with the secondaries to keep the color schemes fresh?

I hope that wouldn't mean that they've resigned themselves to the fact that they'll only ever make sets in those six colours. I want my obscure element toa dammit!!!

Probably not, of they're going to take inspiration from HF. Though, I doubt we're going to see a mostly purple set any time soon. (not counting Speeda Demon.)