Sign in to follow this  
Hoexbroe

X-Mas Train 2014

Hi All,

Swiss-Inspired Trans Europe Express (TEE) Train.

dsc06649_800.jpg

A quick build for a mini-expo at a local Christmas market.

The style is deliberatly held completely and utterly CHIBI, in order to go well with standard Lego City sets, and maintain that quaint look-and-feel oficial Lego sets have.

The locomotove is a free fantasy build, inspired by swiss epoc III electrics.

dsc06654_800.jpg

The construction is 6-wide, and the snot build 2x3 windows are of course inspired by a build by Valgarise.

dsc06655_800.jpg

Standard Power Functions.

dsc06661_800.jpg

The rake consists of 4 coaches. The livery is of course more-than inspired by classic Trans Europe Express coulor scheme.

dsc06656_800.jpg

Grossraumwagen, Aussichtswagen, Speisewagen and Abteilwagen. I´d even claim that it is a totally realistic consist.

dsc06657_800.jpg

Construction is deliberatly kept simple. All the waggons are 100% standard SOT-build.

A close-up of one of the waggons;

dsc06660_800.jpg

The curious Aussichtswagen;

dsc06658_800.jpg

I think the glass-dome came out particulary well. It should be easy decorating it with minifigs, and I think the solution is also easily adaptable to 7- and 8-wide models!

dsc06659_800.jpg

The whole consist doing some test-rounds on my floor. It negotiates curves and turnouts perfectly well.

dsc06653_800.jpg

Seasons Greetings!

Ciao

Edited by Hoexbroe

Nice. I think it would make a good official LEGO set. Do you have a pic of the other side of the engine?

Nice. I think it would make a good official LEGO set. Do you have a pic of the other side of the engine?

Thanks for your comment.

No, I didnt take a photo of the other side. As the locomotive is completely symmetrical, such a photo wouldnt bring much new information.

Only the roof-details are not-symmetrical. (There are less, when seen from the other side)

Excellent engine design and I :wub: those colours on the engine and rolling stock......awesome work 'Hoexbroe' and Brick On ! :grin:

This is truly super and I love :wub: how it is built in a classic style. Ah very well done. Excellent job. By the way that is a lot of tan train windows. Pricey? I find anything slightly rare in tan seems to cost heaps.

Edited by Pizzareno

This is truly super and I love :wub: how it is built in a classic style. Ah very well done. Excellent job. By the way that is a lot of tan train windows. Pricey? I find anything slightly rare in tan seems to

Lugbulk!

Both the 4x3 and 2x3 windows are from Lugbulks some years ago. -And the 4x3 glass too!

And now that I think of it; The 1x3 dark grey curved slope too.

Thinking more; Yellow 4L bars... Train wheels... Straight PF track sections... All in all there are pieces from 4 years worth of LugBulks!!! It is finally coming together to something usefull. (Getting only a handfull of train-oriented references every year does make it take a long time. This year there wont even BE a train-group in our LUG :cry_sad: )

Edited by Hoexbroe

Ah yes Lugbulks are great. I myself struggle to think what pieces may be useful in large quantities and then always wish I had gotten something else :hmpf_bad:

LUGBULK is great. Really helps with building MOCs for public events. You just have to plan accordingly what to get and when you can build it. :classic:

Thanks for your comment.

No, I didnt take a photo of the other side. As the locomotive is completely symmetrical, such a photo wouldnt bring much new information.

Only the roof-details are not-symmetrical. (There are less, when seen from the other side)

That's ok. I was wondering what the asymetrical roof cooling vent(?) looked like on the other side.

Oh wow oh wow oh wow. Oh, and did I mention that that is a great train? Indeed, a fantastic revisit and update to the topic of 7740.

Anyone else feel that if this was the next Creator set, no one would complain?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Nice, compact build (esp. the loco) with some nice buidling techniques, love it!