That is freaking awesome! One of my fav old sets too. :grin:

Great recreation, I'm loving that suspension.

I'm actually going to build this, but in white!

Looking at the instructions tho, it seems to me that you used old dark gray? Was that your intention?

Always nice to see old set recreated with modern techniques and parts. This one looks really awesome! I think it captures the proportions of the original very well while still looking like a modern set.

I'll probably build it, however I'll have to make a two-coloured body since I don't have all the parts in the same colour.

awesome - especially the suspension - very well done - and thanks a lot for the free BI!

nice lines and I like how you've done the steering hubs/suspension/steering ... I would buy it alone for the implementation of these if it was an official set

reminds me of the 6 wheeler from the ideas book of many years ago... I made my own version once many moons ago:

12770624551_DISPLAY.jpg

Looking at the instructions tho, it seems to me that you used old dark gray? Was that your intention?

I never know what color to choose from MLCAD's color palette. For the dark gray parts I used color number 72. What do you think should be the correct color? And is there a way to modify MLCAD's palette to include the most common colors on the toolbar?

72 looks good, maybe its just the pdf! :laugh:

I struggle with the colour selection too, needs to be a simple version, haha.

Nicely done! Though I would have used the new suspension parts from the snowmobile for better pivot point.

Edited by Zblj

Nicely done! Though I would have used the new suspension parts from the snowmobile for better pivot point.

I tried, but it didn't allow for a tight enough turning circle :-)

The real constraint on the pivot point though is the enormous length of the 6L steering link. The car could be 2 studs smaller if there existed a 5L link, and 4 studs smaller with a 4L link. One solution I used in the past is to use 4543367.jpg as a steering link (instead of as a wheel hub).

Edited by Hedgie

Yeah, shorter steering links, I'm in!

But where are the compact CV or universal joints to go with them?