Dafgek81

Bricklink

Hello AFOLS,

I have a question about bricklink, how do you guys find and buy parts the quickest way?

By uploading a mass wanted list, but how do I narrow down the amount of different stores the fastest?

And does anyone knows bricklinkstores in the Netherlands that have the most extend of different parts, to save on shipping?

I tried that, did not workk, or I just do not understand how it works, but the program gives errors when calculating the task.

if brickficiency gives errors then the parts may not be available, no colour set correctly and so on.

I use LDD manager to find what parts are not available, then use brickficiency.

I don't think there is an alternative. Have you tried earlier Brickficiency versions?

This topic has nothing to do with Technic so I'm moving it to "General Discussion" where you will get more feedback.

Sorry forgot about that.

I am only a technic addict, so I don't browes any other forums than the technic forum.

And wrong colours would be odd, because the partslists where from experienced builders and well known MOC's

I have installed the Brickficiency program on my laptop, but I can not open the partslist from the Actros 8x4 tippertruck with crane from the brickforge.de page.

Says it has an error, part P. id 298 colour 11.

Do not know what it means.

Help???

Can't get it to run any partslist, only getting item errors and nothing else, not a single piece.

Edited by Dafgek81

I'm so glad I saw this. It just worked well for me and therefore I just spent too much for my winter village. :)

I have a list and tried to calculate the cheapest combination to find and buy the parts.

Brickeficiency calcuates, says there are 529 stors in my country that sell most of the parts, gives a few errors and calculation s cancelled or stopped.

What next, I do not have a clue?????

For me works having more than 1 wanted list. Just on bricklink.

I make wanted lists with:

- parts I need the most

- the most expansive parts

- sometimes the most rare

- parts would be nice to buy but they are not "must have"

- parts I need but can be different colors or molds

- etc.

I run few queries for (most important, most expansive or with great amount needed) single parts (price sorting) and pretty fast can see which shop got enough bricks for good price. Usually choose my country (or continent) for low post price

Every interesting shop I open in new browser's' tab. When got enough stores to fulfill main needs I am starting add bricks to carts. Then I run queries for all additional wanted lists and compare prices for those less important items only between stores currently open in tabs. Best price = add to cart.

It is pretty easy, just a bit time consuming.

Last night I literally bought 2 times more bricks for the same price then I was goin' to pay in 1 store. Instead I made orders in 4 different stores using method above and got for exactly same money 2 time more bricks! I even got everything from my additional wanted lists! And that's includes shipping costs, cheaper bricks made shipping cost almost invisible ;) I couldn't believe my eyes and counted everything 3 times ;)

The prices form different sellers on bricklink are really very very different and need to know market a bit. I am new to to bricklink but I got some experience with online market so figured it out pretty fast.

P.S. I am not English native, I hope you can understand my post ;)

Ok very nice, but the problem is, the program stoppes calculating and I don’t get any result on my queries.

And all the parts are needed, I want to order the parts I need to build a model with.

How must I set that stupid searchprogram so iit will work.

And if I don’t use that, how can I set my settings on Bricklink to find the best shops to buy the most parts the cheapest at a minimal amount off shops in the Netherlands.

Does anyone have favourite shops in my counrty that are resonable in there prices and have almost every part needed fora n older type Technic/Modeteam MOC?

I am not so good with those programs.

Or maybe someone in the Netherlands would like to show me sometime how it Works?

you need to remove the parts that don't exist from your wanted list (or the source list).

There is no way around this - if no parts are available, brickficiency will stop because it can't answer your question about the cheapest way to get all the parts.

You may need to extract that set of unavailable parts from BL and find them elsewhere - I often have to go to PAB or bricks n pieces to find a few things that aren't on BL. Often have to save up this list because postage from TLG is very expensive.