VBBN

Battle For The Golden Mask Competition: Entry Thread

Entry #6: Toriaze

Main image

Gallery 1

Gallery 2

EB thread

The wild guardian of Bo-Rela. Built by the Great Beings, similar to Umbra, with the task of defending a power node which lay beneath the jungles, unbeknownst to its inhabitants. Toriaze possesses a mysterious kinetic power which imbues his physical attacks with ridiculous force and speed, the activation of which is signified by a glow deep within the core of his body.

Fun build, I've gotta say. As it progressed, I didn't like the direction the build had taken, but was able to get it back on track and found something that I liked, which is the finished product you see before you.

First time in a long time I've built a figure in lime, and first time I've ever integrated a Lego light brick into a MOC's torso. I personally am satisfied with the result.

Entry #4

Link to Official Entry

Name: Gragbaw, Deranged Ice Mage

holding_staff_embed.jpg

You've heard the legends of the ancient ice mage who dwells in the northern slopes of Okoto. Few claim to have seen him, and many believe he is nothing more than a story - but mark my words, he's out there. They say his beard grows so long that its tips have turned to ice. His mind, after so many years of recluse, is gone. I've often heard of the sightings. He supposedly seems sad, trekking through the snow with his head down - but don't be fooled by his approachable stature, because now, he is more savage than any beast.

Link to Gallery

image.jpg

Hello, here is my third entry for this contest. His name is Toa Chorom, a Toa Hordika who was originally a member of a prominent Toa team who protected a small island located near a Brotherhood of Makuta outpost. The Toa were eventually captured by a group of Visorak and were later brought to the outpost, where they were experimented by an unknown member of the Brotherhood. A modified version of Visorak venom was injected into the captive Toa, which caused all of them to transform into larger and more savage versions of Hordika Toa. All of the Toa, with the exception of Chorom, eventually lost their minds and were later sold to a group of Vortixx militants, with the exception of Chorom, who remained on the outpost. Eventually, Chorom felt his sanity waver and, fearing for the potential loss of his intellect, made a deal with the Brotherhood of Makuta member, who agreed to provide a device to inhibit his increasingly savage urges, in exchange for Chorom becoming a member of the Order of Mata-Nui, with the intention of spying on their operations and sabotaging many of their anti-Brotherhood operations. Chorom was eventually set free to join the Order of Mata-Nui, though the inhibitor later began to remove many of his basic emotions, which led Chorom to become increasingly cruel in his methods. He was later accepted by the Order, though not because of his effective methods, but because the Order suspected that Chorom was a double agent, and felt that he would be a useful operative, due to his knowledge of the Brotherhoods plan, which the Order hoped to painfully extract. Unfortunately, the Order will never get their chance, for Chorom was off on an assignment in Zakaz when the possesed Mata-Nui robot was destroyed, trapping Chorom within the Mata-Nui robot, where he remains to this day...

Entry name: Toa Chorom

Gallery: http://postimg.org/gallery/2qa27b1xa

image.jpg

Hello again, here is my fourth entry for this contest, Kraarahk, the only Rahkshi of Shadow in existence who was created by Makuta Teridax in an attempt to maintain order over the trapped inhabitants of the destroyed Matoran Universe, as well as to eliminate any individuals who dare challenge the Makuta's plans.

Entry name: Kraarahk

Gallery: http://postimg.org/gallery/p9cchioa/

image.jpg

Hello, here is my fifth entry for this contest. This is a Fohrok Prototype Mk II, a defunct prototype that was re-purposed for Makuta Teridax's plan to take control over the remaining inhabitants of the destroyed Matoran Universe.

Entry name: Fohrok Prototype Mk II

Gallery: http://postimg.org/gallery/b90w5hp8/

image.jpg

Hello, here is my sixth entry for this contest. Like the Fohrok prototypes mentioned previously, this Vahki Enforcer: Model IX was created by reverse-engineering the remains of several ancient Vakhi units and infusing a harder form of protosteel into the armor of the new units. After several failed attempts to recreate and enhance the effectiveness of the previous Vakhi units, Model IX exceeded the expectations of those who were commissioned by Teridax to build it. Now the Vahki Enforcer prowls within the remains of the Matoran Universe, hunting for those who would dare challenge Teridax's future reign.

Entry name:Vahki Enforcer: Model IX

Gallery: http://postimg.org/gallery/1kti0i1jg/

image.jpg

Hello, here is my seventh (and potentially last) entry for this contest. This character was once a Toa of Protodermis named Byrov, who, in exchange for a small amount of wealth, tricked his Toa team into travelling to the island of Odina, where they were all captured and later brainwashed into unthinking grunts by the Dark Hunters. The Shadowed One, seeing a potential recruit in Byrov, attempted to recruit him. Byrov agreed to join, fearing that he would be executed if he dared to return to his homeland. During his brief career as a Dark Hunter, Toa Byrov often used his appearance as a Toa to lull potential targets into a false sense of security, though another Dark Hunter would often finish the job, as Byrov was too much of a coward to do so. Eventually, Toa Byrov grew tired of his life as a Dark Hunter, and resolved to escape from the island base under the cover of darkness, but not before he attempted to steal an ancient staff of tremendous power from the Shadowed One's treasure room, a potentially fatal mistake. As Toa Byrov exited the Dark Hunter fortress, he was cornered by several Dark Hunters, who had been ordered to execute Byrov on the spot and retrieve the staff from his corpse. As the Dark Hunters raised their weapons, Byrov activated the staff, which greatly enhanced his power over Protodermis, and encased all of the attacking Dark Hunters in solid Protodermis. Toa Byrov later left the island of Odina by stealing an abandoned Airship he found near Nidhiki beach. Fearing that the Dark Hunters would be searching for him, Toa Byrov attempted to hide in a cavern near the Trem Krom Peninsula, where he remained until after the possessed Mata-Nui robot was destroyed. His current whereabouts are unknown.

Entry name: Toa Byrov

Gallery: http://postimg.org/gallery/g1zidzy0/

Entry: Quakemor, Beast of the Caves

15636149760_55b5e36411_z.jpg

Quakemor, Beast of the Caves by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

From Flickr description: Once a simple cave dwelling Rahi on Okoto, turned into a monstrous Cave Beast by a combination of facehugging Skull Spiders and mysterious evil forces. One of his arms is a massive drill capable of drilling tunnels even through the most solid rock, his footsteps cause earthquakes and his enormous clawed hand can grab a Protector with ease or rip a mask off a Toa's face. Quakemor seeks to assist in the Skull Spider's cause and ultimately to destroy Okoto, given the right moment. The Beast is heavily armed and armoured and isn't afraid to attack.

LDD file here

Entry name: Commander Dynor

Image:

15203651544_6d4036dbc8_z.jpg

(please note that, although this MOC looks somewhat similar to the entry earlier called "Terror Bite," the resemblance is coincidental. I was working on this well before I saw that entry.)

Edited by SmoothJazz

The Ancient, a being from the time before time...

Entry under maintenance; image type not allowed

Edited by Jakura Nuva

Greetings.

Entry photo: http://i.imgur.com/k3d301h.jpg

My first entry's name is Cralakh.

Cralakh is a small robotic creature. And that's it. Oh, and he's evil too. Simple enough?

If you really would like a backstory, here it is:

Cralakh is a small robot assistant built by Nuparu before the Vahki. His odd-legged design inspired Nuparu to add the four-legged mode to the Vahki, which were invented later. Cralakh was developed with actual feelings, which was really a test by Nuparu to see if actual feelings would work with the Vahki. He later thought against it, due to the lack of work coming from Cralakh. After deciding to take Cralakh apart for metal to use, Cralakh overheard him saying this, and left Metru Nui in fear (you know, with the whole 'feelings' thing).

Cralakh was later found by Krika while on a mission, who was asked to bring him back to Destral by Chirox. Chirox wanted to experiment on this odd creature - he had been thinking of making a mutated Vahki. And so, Cralakh was good enough for him; Chirox could build him into his own personal servant. He messed around with his wires, barbs, etc - and the result was a killer robot servant. Cralakh's mind, emotions, and model were made more fierce, more dark.

His model in the photo is the result of Chirox's modification.

Well, that about sums it up. Oh wait, no it doesn't.

My second entry (which the name of will not be revealed, due to the chance of someone stealing it) is on the road to be about four feet tall. I am currently working very hard, as I leave for vacation on Monday night, so... Oh, and Cralakh will be on it's shoulder, kinda like Click from the Legend Reborn. They will both be in their 2015 forms. I'll make a feedback forum explaining the story in-depth. Did I say it'll be around FOUR FEET TALL?

Cralakh's model, name, story, and photo belong to en_1gma.

Also, the picture is slightly weird because my camera has been weird lately. No sig for me yet, because I just made an account, for this contest. And I haven't done anything with my profile. Yet.

Thank you for ACTUALLY reading this!

Name: Skullord

Gallery: http://drscorpion.de...kullord-Gallery

skullord_6_by_drscorpion-d8736qg.jpg

Once a feared ruler, Skullard's desire for power caused his own downfall. Left to rust in a great desert, a certain Mask of Control landed within the bleached body's proximity, giving it new life! After forging himself new bionic limbs and storing the mask within his heart, Skullard sets out to gather an army and claim the remaining legendary masks for himself.