gylman

Latest updates on LEGO set sales

that happen on 26th dec every year. not every set though. those that they continue to sell in 2009 won't be clearanced until mid year (some time july) or boxing day next year. if you don't see any clearanced sets, then you probably missed it already.

Hmm that's weird since I went to Target on the 26th around 2 oclock, I guess that was too late. :sceptic: Guess I'll have to wait until July now.

At Target I saw the big Mars Mission set and a big Bionicle set for $55.

Hmm that's weird since I went to Target on the 26th around 2 oclock, I guess that was too late. :sceptic: Guess I'll have to wait until July now.
At Target I saw the big Mars Mission set and a big Bionicle set for $55.

well...there's your answer. did you individually scan the sets? target doesn't always list the clearance prices. discount is taken at 35% then 50% then 75% and finally 90%. if you have the guts and stomach to wait, you can score lego sets for only 10% of original rrp. i mostly scored clearance sets at 75%. :tongue:

also as i said, sets that they will continue to sell in 09 won't be put on clearance. only sets that they discontinued. don't think you will find any hot sets like SW on clearance...

EDIT::: for the current S@H sales... be sure to check EVERY SINGLE theme page instead of relying on the "sales and deals" page. there are a few discounted sets which are not included in the S&D webpage for some reason. eg: 4958 monster dino (available in aust) on sale for A$104 but doesn't show up in the S@D page.

pirates set on ebay.co.uk!

drat...i thought vassals aren't allowed to post in the BSTF forum? ban this guy plox!!! :thumbdown:

pirates set on ebay.co.uk!

SNIP

You've Got guts mate, but trust me, it's in vain. You'll never get any customers for that stuff on here, in fact, with only 3 posts, all advertizing stuff you have for sale, you'll probably be banned soon... let alone the fact its some knockoff brand...

It's been taken care of. Vassals can post, they just can't start new topics which is why this jerk posted it here. Thanks to the people who pointed this out to the staff...

Wal Mart here has many good deals.

Dwarf Mine for 45 dollars, down from 60.

Troll Warship (lots of them) for 64 dollars, down from 80.

Temple of the crystal skull, for 64 dollars, down from 80.

Aswell as the Hypersonic craft from the MM line, for, you guessed it, 64 dollars.

I plan on picking up an extra dwarf mine tomorrow.

These are the sets I saw...I just couldn't remember the exact price adjustments. Heading out tomorrow (Fri) to hopefully find some '09 price deals!!

Target

Agents Deep Sea Quest for $35, down from $50

Wow. That just came out (at Target anyway...) in Nov.

Swedish supermarket chain Maxi does have the 66247 Super Pack for $20. (7741 Police Helicopter, 7942 Off-Road Fire Truck, 7890 Ambulance)

If you want it, I can buy it for you.

I still haven't seen anything LEGO clearanced at any of my local Targets. But many Walmarts still have 2008 Indiana Jones and Castle sets for ~25% off. Also, King's Castle Siege (7094) is down to $30 (70% off!!) if you can find it - I managed to snag four of them just the other day!

[quote name='puddleglum' date='Jan 5 2009, 09:55 PM'

King's Castle Siege (7094) is down to $30 (70% off!!) if you can find it - I managed to snag four of them just the other day!

Do you want to sell/trade one of them? :sweet:

If anyone can find any 6211 Imperial Star Destroyers still at Target, they have finally gone on clearance to $69.99. (Yes, I know they were $59.99 on Black Friday, but all of my local Targets sold out within 20 minutes that day, so I missed out.) They haven't restocked the set since Thanksgiving, so I assume the last two that I snagged tonight were returns after Christmas or something. I considered hiding one and waiting for the clearance to increase, but I didn't have the nerve :tongue:.

If anyone can find any 6211 Imperial Star Destroyers still at Target, they have finally gone on clearance to $69.99. (Yes, I know they were $59.99 on Black Friday, but all of my local Targets sold out within 20 minutes that day, so I missed out.) They haven't restocked the set since Thanksgiving, so I assume the last two that I snagged tonight were returns after Christmas or something. I considered hiding one and waiting for the clearance to increase, but I didn't have the nerve :tongue:.

You guys with clearanced sets at Target are lucky; I've constantly been checking my two local ones, but nothing. :sceptic: I guess I can keep on checking, but I don't know why they would restock clearance sets.

I saw one of the ISD's Fri night and thought about getting it. I then scanned the price and after realizing the price had gone up after the BF sales, promptly put it back on a shelf...

Wish I could find the Castle Seige somewhere...

My local Target is on a roll:

Indiana Jones Temple of the Crystal Skull $40 (50% off!)

Wow, that's quite the discount; may swing by my local one and see what they have (and if it's anything like last time it won't be anything :sceptic: ).

I've only been collecting Lego since the fall, so I'm still a newbie.

Can someone tell me if Lego Shop at Home does sales often?

I know they had a GREAT promotion after Thanksgiving with free shipping and discounts and such, but do they do good sales like that any other time? I know they have a $5 off coupon now, but that doesn't even cover tax on most sets, much less the very high shipping S@H seems to charge...

I love S@H, but it doesn't seem very economical... :sceptic:

I've only been collecting Lego since the fall, so I'm still a newbie.

Can someone tell me if Lego Shop at Home does sales often?

I know they had a GREAT promotion after Thanksgiving with free shipping and discounts and such, but do they do good sales like that any other time? I know they have a $5 off coupon now, but that doesn't even cover tax on most sets, much less the very high shipping S@H seems to charge...

I love S@H, but it doesn't seem very economical... :sceptic:

It seems you don't have a LEgo Store. I used to have at least 3 lego brand stores within a 10mile radius.(or was it 15) :tongue: They used to give out free 5 dollar off coupons for every purchase of 25 dollars or more. Now they don't do that. They do loyalty cards(spend 200, get 10, spend 400, get 20). Anyway, you can see the sales and such in the section at S@H: Sales And Deals. You're right about shipping too. Prices for shipping keep going up (a few years ago, you could buy an infinite amount of lego shipped only for 10 dollars or something like that).

My local Target is on a roll:

Indiana Jones Temple of the Crystal Skull $40 (50% off!)

Hmm. I went after you posted this, and my local Target had several of them, but for the regular $79.99 :sceptic: . Oh well, maybe it'll happen later.

Toysrus had a sale on Coast Guard legos. I forgot to check which ones though because I was too excited that I had found the At-Te. :tongue:

Hmm. I went after you posted this, and my local Target had several of them, but for the regular $79.99 :sceptic: . Oh well, maybe it'll happen later.

Not all stores have the same clearance items. I think they do it on a basis of what they have in stock and need to get rid of. For the longest time my Target had a single Skeleton Tower on the shelf, and one day I went in while they were going around marking things down and I got it for $12.48! :grin: