cimddwc

Matt's Masks - a modularized Simpsons house

Thanks again!

Just wondering - since I admire pretty much all of the buildings you posted so far: Do you plan your buildings ahead in something like LDD, or do you just sit down and build away?

I usually plan the main look and feel in my mind, maybe make a few pencil sketches, rarely try a few things in LDD, maybe test some facade ideas in bricks, and then "just build away". And rebuild things I don't like in the first attempt, and so on. :)

Maybe you could expand the shop with a Chima one next door...

I already got a Chima Trikes store. :) It's not next door, though. (A Friends megadolls store will be near the Chima Trikes store, by the way...)

This is amazing! I really hope you used pieces from only the House set, because that is a wonderful use of parts, if so.

No, you need many extras, especially the dark tan pieces on the ground floor.

No, I'm making the bases of my houses such that they fit where I want to put them in my city. In this case, there's an extra board on the table (to make it wider), so the base is only one brick high and the road rather thin, unlike most of the others. And while I used to have Technic bricks for possible connections in the bases, I'm now just putting most of them without connection, or connecting street modules with tiles on the curb. Technic connectors are difficult to use if you have more than just one or two rows of streets+buildings, but rather build on a larger area...

That is superb! Ingenious use of the original set and still maintaining the house element in the upper floors.

Is that Matt Groening peeking out the shop window?

This looks fantastic! I wasn't keen on buying the Simpson's House, but seeing this has piqued my interest.

Wow, you took one of the most un-modular looking sets out there and brilliantly converted it to something wonderful! Not that I am surprised considering the builder. Really, to keep enough details as to make the source identifiable while still basically starting from scratch to make what it essentially a blank box interesting is a hard thing to balance. As always, a huge fan.

fantastic work! I love the ideas and design. I also adore the idea of a mask shop! Nice job all around.

Great build? Do you require any additional parts or bricks to do this alternate build?

@ Tarpal, if you read a few posts back, he says he does...

@ Cimddwc; thanks, now i've bought it too. :laugh:

Thanks again!

Dear Lego Company, how about giving me a share of the revenues you made from my building making people buy the Simpsons house? ;)

Inspiring! I wasn't going to bother with the Simpson's house but seeing what you've done, I might just have to add it the wishlist.

Awesome and respect, get lego to do a conversion pack and get a share of the profit, I will be yr fist customer... my simpsons set is just sitting in the display, we all need your conversion pack. You are genius.

15 hours ago, jockyboy said:

you really need to take my money for these instructions for the conversion i love it

Though we do appreciate your interest and enthusiasm we do ask that you refrain from bumping old topics. This post was last commented on 2 years ago. For your edification please revisit the Site Guidelines as well as this topic on Bumping Old Topics.

You also need to ensure you use proper punctuation and capitalization. Not everyone has English as their first language.  Again, see the Site Guidelines. 

Thank you for understanding.

yes ok sorry

capitalization and punctuation ??? i do appoligise if i'm thick but i can do nowt about it ...i spell as i think the word is spelt and a capital ''s'' or a non capital ''s'' is still an ''s'' 

i'm sure you know what i'm trying to say

thanks

2 hours ago, jockyboy said:

i'm sure you know what i'm trying to say

I'm sure you have spell check for your browser in the U.K.  Try to be clear and precise when posting and use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. We don't tolerate laziness.   By registering on this site, you agree to having read and understood all of the guidelines, and members are expected to follow the Site Guidelines, not ignore them.

Please Please Please could you make this available as instructions AND/OR share the additional parts inventory (i.e. parts needed in addition to Simpsons House).

If you make the parts list available I will build this and when I have taught myself how will write the instructions if need be and give to you! Really great..