Sign in to follow this  
Swan Dutchman

[MOC] Bandit's Secret Hide-Out (revamped)

This was also one of my favorite sets as a kid. Actually the whole western line was. So most excellent job on the re-make! :wub:

This is a wonderful MOC! I had this set as a kid, along with many of the other Western sets (branded as Wild West in the U.S.). I love how it hews close to the design of the original set but packs in so much more detail. If I had one criticism, it'd be that the baseplate ends up looking so much less detailed than the rest of the MOC—even for a desert, it feels uncharacteristically flat.

I have to admit that while I had no interest in the Lone Ranger movie, I was very tempted to pick up the Silver Mine Shootout set, in part because it felt so much like an update of the Bandit's Secret Hideout.

This is just awesome. I've seen it posted on quite a few sites now, well done! Lots of great techniques and an amazing update to a great set.

That was the set that briefly ended my first dark age. Bought it because the Old West and the US Cavalry is an interest of mine, but didn't buy any other sets and went back into that dark period.

Love what you've done with the design. Personally, having bought or received as gifts every Lone Ranger set, the Mine was the best set IMO. And I think its resemblance to the Outlaw Hideout from the original Western sets is a big reason for that.

When I first glanced at the set I thought it was the original, then I noticed the extra detail and style. Truly a wonderful refresh of a much loved classic set.

I love set remakes and this one is excellent! I had this set as a child, and this is the perfect recreation of the set. The detailing is excellent while maintaining the ties to the original model.

Nice work!

Slegengr