Rick

2015 CREATOR Houses Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Regarding design feedback, the only thing I would say is that maybe the blue "hat" part isn't necessary.

Thanks for your comments! I actually agree with you, but I left it there because I wanted to stay true to the original design. If and when I build this in real bricks, I'll definitely try it both with and without the dark blue "hat" and see what's better.

Those are good looking MODs Finnbricker. The only suggestion I'd make would be to group the windows on the front facade into two groups of two rather than the one-two-one arrangement you have at the moment.

Like this?

640x474.jpg

My fear is that the 4-wide plain white wall in the middle makes the building a little too plain, that's why I went for the 1-2-1 design. It's easy enough to change, though.

'demitri', who has provided many other Summer 2015 sets lists, has told me the name of a Summer 2015 LEGO Creator building...

31038 Changing Seasons

Dunno what it is.

'demitri', who has provided many other Summer 2015 sets lists, has told me the name of a Summer 2015 LEGO Creator building...

31038 Changing Seasons

Dunno what it is.

I would say, it would be more part of Special Themes creator not City buildings creator.....judging by the name, we'll have till wait for the toy fairs over the next two months to see for sure.

Look carefully at the right side just over half way up of this image......

B8X6wwaCQAARaln.jpg

is this another creator shop ?

No.......it's just the toy and grocery shop in poor light......dam.

Edited by lightningtiger

I was expecting for something bigger and different. Changing Seasons looks like the same little house all over again.

I was expecting for something bigger and different. Changing Seasons looks like the same little house all over again.

Ah, but that's the idea only the background scenery changes and house stays the same......I think ? :blush:

Yeah, I know. We'll have to wait until we see the variations. But still... the house looks like some previous houses they've done before. Same roof, same structure... nothing new to me.

Yeah, I know. We'll have to wait until we see the variations. But still... the house looks like some previous houses they've done before. Same roof, same structure... nothing new to me.

Though it does have classic town house feel to it in my opinion. :wink:

In the "Changing seasons" sets I see:

- A base with bricks with holes to attach the different landscapes with Technic pins.

- A slit in the middle of the facade that makes me think in some hinges that allow to change the form of the roof (Inverted V or lineal)

Edited by El Garfio

Would I be alone in thinking it'd be nice if they could return at least some portion of the Creator house sub-theme back to basics?

What I mean by that is a simple, focused house akin to 2004's 4886 Building Bonanza or 2007's 4956 House?

Would I be alone in thinking it'd be nice if they could return at least some portion of the Creator house sub-theme back to basics?

What I mean by that is a simple, focused house akin to 2004's 4886 Building Bonanza or 2007's 4956 House?

I would like that to happen too. The Changing Seasons set looks incredibly small, same as the Beach Hut and Toy and Grocery Shop sets, so small when you close it up. The box art always uses the illusion of size with the model opened up.

No, you're not alone. That's exactly what I would love to see it happen. This year's Creator houses are...disappointing.

Bought and built the main build of 31036 today. It was a fun build and certainly worth the money I paid for it (25% off RRP), but also quite small for a Creator building, especially when folded up. Even the log cabin kind of sets of the last years felt more substantial. It does have some nice details and I'm looking forward to building the newsstand that I actually bought it for and that will get a place in my city. But all in all it feels more like a City set than a Creator set and that's mainly down to remembering the big creator houses of a few years ago. I'm certainly happy I have a few of those. Oh, and those open backs are a real City reference too, offcourse.

Edited by jfbat

I'm going to buy the beach house. I will also get the camper van. What else is good for addition to this theme? I want a coffee bar with an open seating area adjacent to the house.

After the changing season house, are they rumored other sets coming?

I don't mind having another bike and cafe or toy and grocery creator type house, after building mine, i kinda like them more than the traditional creator houses actually.

It just looks nice placed with other sets, especially in my town at least, in my opinion.