Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Mafia Mafia: Day Three - One-Armed-Pete and the Go-Go Brigade

Night doesn't fall in Mafia Land, but everyone goes to sleep anyway...

IMG_1279_zpsf3c261e3.jpg

A trail of blood leads the 3rd person omnipresent observer's gaze to the first murder...

IMG_1280_zps83538326.jpg

The Virgin! Finally sacrificed, it seems. Good bye, Virgin.

"That's the right side of the facade to be on!" the killer tells the Virgin.

IMG_1281_zps0cfdec80.jpg

b0aa63d9-bc18-4013-97c6-f34c21d5ab99_zps13ad11d0.jpg

"Well shucks," says the Jester later as he walks around. "Why won't anyone kill me?"

IMG_1282_zps2cc59851.jpg

"I think I can help you out with that," says someone behind him.

"Really? Well golly gee and thanks!"

IMG_1283_zpsa1dcba4c.jpg

"Oh, wait, I wanted to be lynched," the Jester remembers a little too late.

IMG_1284_zpse4de5f26.jpg

df926c38-7496-440e-af3d-d214fc94208d_zps3804f015.jpg

"Hey, One-Armed-Pete, what's with the horse?" asks Zepher.

0a64e956-a6cf-4525-913e-7a7af5943538_zpsf685fe39.jpg

"Well, I figured today's theme could be transportation! I think we've done enough work on the facades."

0a64e956-a6cf-4525-913e-7a7af5943538_zpsf685fe39.jpg

"You think you've done enough work on the facades? Really?"

IMG_1285_zps30aad5e1.jpg

df926c38-7496-440e-af3d-d214fc94208d_zps3804f015.jpg

"Listen up, losers. I've got some good news, bad news, good news and good news! If you're the scum. The Cultist was Town. The Male Lover was Scum. The Virgin was Town. The Jester was town. Good luck."

The Rules

1 Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum and the SK, while the Scum must outnumber the Town. Any Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined below.

2 Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. The player with the most lynches will be lynched. You may only unvote once a day.

3 A game day will last for about 72 hours. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched. It requires a 3/4 majority to achieve a lynch. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night phase will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night phase.

4 The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5 You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage, as they are all exactly the same.

6 You may not quote PMs from or to other players. This will result in a 5-vote penalty the same day, and a 5-vote penalty the next. (What can I say, I liked this rule!)

7 Do not play the game outside the day-thread and PMs. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

8 If you are dead, your game is over. You may not comment on the game to any living or dead players in any form. You are considered dead once you are a) confirmed lynched by the host, or b) announced dead in the morning. This includes posting, private messaging, direct chat, email or any other form of online or offline communication. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on. The same applies for living players making contact with those who are no longer playing, no matter what the stated purpose. Both situations can appear to be an attempt to gain information or cause influence that would be unfair to the remaining living players. Whether you are still playing or have already died, if you are contacted inappropriately, please notify the host immediately. Violation of this rule will result in instant mod-kill and probably something worse after the game.

9 You may not edit your posts. Editing your post will result in a 2-vote penalty. This is your only warning.

10 You must post in every Day Thread. Failure to do so will result in a 10-vote penalty at the start of the next day.

11 These rules will change during the game as a game mechanic. Pay close attention. Any and all changes will be struck through, with the new rule in bold.

If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host using your role PM. All other forms of communications will be ignored.

THE DESIGN

23 Players

16 Town - 6 Scum - 1 SK

The Day

24 Hour Safe Period - 48 Hour Voting Period - 48 Hour Night Period (With a full exciting 24 hour period to submit night actions!)

Some time before the 24 Hour Mark, the Pill Cart will be rolled out. The time will be randomized each day, to be fair to timezones. The time will be chosen by Random.org. The Pills will effect that night or the following day.

The Pills

"God Pill" (Effect the following day, will not be removed from play) - 2 Uppers (Night action may be used twice) - 2 Lifesavers (Will be safe from a kill that night) - 16 Placebos (No Effect) - 2 Downers (Night action may not be performed)

-If a person holding a pill is lynched or killed, the pill is removed from play-

The Night Actions

Town and Scum have NEARLY IDENTICAL ROLES with only a few tweaks to change for their sides.

JOAT

Town: Investigator/Protector Scum: Framer (2 Shot)/Protector/Janitor (1 Shot)

Role Cop

Killer

Blocker

Inventor

Can invent a net (blocker), shield (protector), magnifying glass (investigation), or pistol (kill action). Bulletproof. Inscrutable (all investigation attempts including role cop will come up as "unsuccessful"). The inventor may either gift his invention, or create a new one, he may not do both on the same night.

Universal Back-Up

-When a scum with an action dies, the scum team may choose to drop an action and retain the one they would have lost.-

-The Pill Cart will come in the first 24 hours at different times each day, decided by Random.Org. You post IN THREAD which pill you will be taking that day. It is first come, first serve.-

Serial Killer

Bulletproof. Hard to Read (If an investigator investigates him, the result will be "unsuccessful", but a role cop will receive the result of "killer".). Killer

Role PM's

Town: Character - Town - Night Action(s)

Scum: Character - Scum - Night Action(s) - List of Fellow Scum's Names

SK: Character - SK - Night Actions

Win Conditions

Town: Kill the Scum + SK

Scum: Outnumber the Town + SK

SK: Two other players alive, with no other win conditions met.

THE CAST

(Please remember, with the system being totally random, the characters have nothing to do with affiliation/NA)

df926c38-7496-440e-af3d-d214fc94208d_zps3804f015.jpgZepher/The Host (Zepher) - Your lovely and hungry host.

2ad30ee0-b706-4247-96fa-8d47e2984dc8_zps580f9d19.jpgDr. Pill - The man with the golden oar.

0a64e956-a6cf-4525-913e-7a7af5943538_zpsf685fe39.jpgOne-Armed-Pete - Makes the crowd sounds you know and love. Thinks of the children.

0bd1cd30-8045-488d-9e59-4f71d6d13a9f_zps84c50a6c.jpgCandice the Lynch Dragon - She knows when you are sleeping. She knows where you're awake.

63cc31e2-0ef8-4ba6-8f51-7662f042b6fe_zps8dc8824c.jpgThe Night Action Blacked-Out Dude (Bob) - A fiend in the evening. :wink:

a84646b1-1c9e-45ed-bf73-a6a1780f116c_zps08e10e2d.jpgThe Role Cop (KielDaMan) - Watches you while you don't sleep.

805df0ae-7274-4567-a9aa-c688fa7f0c00_zpse3290846.jpgThe Godfather (Kadabra) - Doesn't he look like a pretty normal dude? Just wearing a track suit or something. Clearly not a mob boss. :look:

3299144f-4bda-4005-8b25-d568561206bb_zps6c2b178a.jpgThe Cult Leader (Rufus) - Rather mysterious.

edc063c3-db3b-4f34-8f40-f86989cea90d_zps91f729a9.jpgThe Serious Roleplayer (Tamamono) - By day he may be a construction worker, but in his heart, he's a pirate.

f5194e51-cc3e-4c2d-b1db-ddcbb3c5af0c_zps697e148f.jpgThe NPC (Esurient) - Not a player. Seriously, look, he's clearly not supposed to be voted for. Not a player. Maybe we should vote for him.

e4138188-46b3-4ef0-a754-4dc222577dc5_zps51cff2b0.jpgThe Doctor (Piratedave84) - Damn it, Jim, I'm not a Doctor!

035a4f93-11bb-45d9-a68f-c41da429f376_zps58c1d1c6.jpgThe Goon (fhommess) - Grrrrr.

473f15c1-0a58-4e1c-ab7c-11b562f6e5c9_zpsd5f4f6ac.jpgThe Female Lover (Hinckley) - Works as a telemarketer. Loves her husband. Might die without him.

eaf8e7bb-cd45-4f9b-8c16-802cf1da96b8_zps61e4660c.jpgThe PGO (Purpearljellyblob) - Serving some time for accidentally shooting all of his neighbors.

182c1c60-5c7c-4c2e-b4cd-3e64a3360217_zps5b7d399b.jpgThe Witch (Waterbrick Down) - Pretty sure that everyone else is also witches.

6a424e85-3461-426c-9692-90b7f2aca1d2_zps19f144a6.jpgThe Usurper (TrumpetKing) - Only dresses like you because he admires you, not because he wants to be you!

225c5887-427d-4d61-8fb4-cdf3420f3476_zps0d77c411.jpgThe Treestump (Adam) - Has very little to say. Don't stand too closely. He may explode.

3d50e2f5-e58f-400e-92f7-20086d18260e_zps16196aeb.jpgThe Snake Charmer (Darth Potato) - Every town has a snake charmer. Didn't you know that?

cbabfd6f-3447-4031-a60b-a6848ba0a046_zps3ee6c1cd.jpgThe Talking Animal (mostlytechnic) - A staple of every normal society. Range from camels to Fabuland critters to this thing.

8ff48219-528d-47a7-b065-d0acc7a60271_zpscb28816c.jpgFirst Day Lynch (Jamesn) - I'm neW @round h3r3!!!!!!! i hope w3 @LL get along :grin::laugh::sweet::blush: !!!!!!!

Dearly Departed

8969715f-f323-4728-8dd0-42dae1154e75_zps1d2ee5f5.jpgThe Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs) - Town. Lynched Day One. Candice's first lunch.

54a29b6b-4800-4af1-b831-027ef44b7949_zpsbf411076.jpgThe Cop (def) - Town. Killed Night One. Ax to the back for being on the wrong side of the tracks.

da4eef59-d329-47ee-99d0-5997d78cd512_zps3763029d.jpgThe Vanilla Townie (Kristel) - Town. Killed Night One. Decapitated and then planted. Hopefully she'll grow into a tree some day.

df93bfe3-207e-4a05-a64f-6e8e17e7ea98_zps28f831fd.jpgThe Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam) - Town. Silently swallowed by the great Lynch Dragon.

fe1f44b8-b614-4a98-bdda-ea77606953a9_zps885d431d.jpgThe Male Lover (LegoDad) - Scum. Snapped up by Candice. Tasted spicy.

467405d7-b130-4dd6-9f66-692e6fefa21c_zps5daee601.jpgThe Virgin (Clanure) - Town. Killed Night Two. Finally "got some".

779e979a-f4b4-4a04-bfdd-397fef10ddca_zpse051e7cd.jpgThe Jester (CallMePie) - Town. Killed Night Two. Was not lynched.

Edited by Zepher

Woo, first post again :)

Glad to see we were right on Male Lover.... too bad we lost some other town though.

The Male Lover was Scum!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Wa-fuckin-hoo!

The Cultist ... well, I'll have words for The Cultist after this is all over.

I'm surprised that The Jester came up Town.

The vig chose not to kill last night.

The Virgin...more on that later.

Not a bad night. I'm glad we were right about Loverboy, and I suppose it's good that Virgin got knocked off (I would have probably voted for him today). Jester was looking increasingly more town, so it's unfortunate that he had to go.

What I find interesting is that there were only two kills; the serial killer and the scum killer (if we're to believe BONAD and Female Lover in that the vig didn't kill on Night 1). Very weird.

In any case, it's 1 - 5 - 9 now; another scum lynch would be pretty great right now. The fact that we need a 3/4 majority to achieve a lynch is rather troubling, though; I seriously doubt that we'll get a bandwagon like that.

~~~~

As of now my main suspicions are

BONAD (pussyfooted both lynches; was a late vote on two town in addition to being scummy in-thread and outing the deal with the Witch)

Tree Stump (hello??)

PGO (although her towngame isn't generally the towniest thing, her reactions to Female Lover and First Day Lynches' accusations were weird. Plus, her vote against Male Lover was late and she hadn't said anything about him earlier. Looked like a bus)

Out of all of these, I think PGO is the best bet for a scum lynch. I have a couple posts of hers to quote, be right back.

Cultist and Pie being gone should reduce some of the distractions - still hate to lose them. Only two kills - so someone out of vig, SK, and scum didn't succeed. Depending on how much we shoudl read into the photos, I'd guess the black guy is our vig. The axe I'm thinking is scum, and the SK was the "planted guy" on night 1 and didn't succeed on night two. That's just a hypothesis so far, but makes sense to me.

Wait, I just realized HOW HARD a 75% majority will be. That will REQUIRE multiple scum to join in and lynch one of their own to get scum lynch tonight. So while voting is always important, I highly suspect a no-lynch day is upon us.

Now, on the inventors... if they created a pistol and gifted it, could the person USE it that night, or would it have to wait till a 3rd night to be used? Could ANY inventor items have been used last night?

Well... I'll say I'm surprised about the Male Lover. I was leaning towards him coming up Town, which is why I never voted for him.

The 3/4 majority lynch is interesting, it will get us to work harder together, I'm sure, but won't this mean that the scum can hide behind the votes easier? Either way, this is a great situation where the fake votes can come in handy. We should all make sure to cast in fake votes first so we can be sure to make a lynch today.

What I find interesting is that there were only two kills; the serial killer and the scum killer (if we're to believe BONAD and Female Lover in that the vig didn't kill on Night 1). Very weird.

As of now my main suspicions are

BONAD (pussyfooted both lynches; was a late vote on two town in addition to being scummy in-thread and outing the deal with the Witch)

Tree Stump (hello??)

PGO (although her towngame isn't generally the towniest thing, her reactions to Female Lover and First Day Lynches' accusations were weird. Plus, her vote against Male Lover was late and she hadn't said anything about him earlier. Looked like a bus)

Out of all of these, I think PGO is the best bet for a scum lynch. I have a couple posts of hers to quote, be right back.

Wait, what made you think night two was SK and scum and not vig kills? Doubt you had read Female's post stating vig didn't kill yet when you said this.

As for the people you listed, I'm not convinced on BONAD being scummy. It IS a possible explanation, but I am leaning more towards a town just sharing too quickly and with bad logic. I don't think scum would have made the assumption that the witch was SK based on the unsuccessful kill; nor would they have expected such bad logic to fly with the rest of the group and not get called out. Going with "scum or dumb," well, BONAD's bad assumption that witch had to be SK feels TOO dumb to be scum.

PGO, I'm suspicious of.

Stump, too quiet and hasn't been helpful enough to overcome that yet, so lightly suspicious.

Both witch and PGO's votes on Male were "unneeded", strictly speaking. I can understand PGO wanting to toss a vote on Male to ensure that a single switch vote from ML to PGO wouldn't lynch PGO (as Doc did a few hours before PGO's vote). Witch's vote against ML was way earlier in the day. So, I'm not sure how much to read into either one.

However, look at all the votes against Cultist that weren't needed. Several of those were made AFTER we knew he was quitting and so i's debatable if he was a good lynch candidate or not. Certainly a couple of scum could have jumped on that bandwagon as a safe way to vote against a townie without too much suspicion.

The vig chose not to kill last night.

Thanks for that - guess I was trying to read too much into the pics.

The 3/4 majority lynch is interesting, it will get us to work harder together, I'm sure, but won't this mean that the scum can hide behind the votes easier? Either way, this is a great situation where the fake votes can come in handy. We should all make sure to cast in fake votes first so we can be sure to make a lynch today.

Yep, to get a vote, we'll need all 9 town voting on the same person so that it'd be OBVIOUS if scum or SK were dissenting. If the town can't come to a consensus, they can easily hide in the confusion. Heck, they'll be trying to CAUSE the confusion to prevent a consensus, so gotta watch for that too.

Here's all PGO said on Day 2:

1. First Day Lynch & The Talking Animal - The reason I voted for The SK is because I am not convinced how his inactivity is going to help the Town in any way.

This isn't the worst, especially considering Jester made a similar defense and flipped town, but it's still bad. Female Lover made a good explanation for SK's absence. Did you not read it, or just choose to ignore it?

2. First Day Lynch created a lot of confusion when he got the fake votes tally mixed up. If you can tell The Virgin that if he is not comfortable with something he should not do it, then I suppose that if you want to take the initiative to tally the fake votes, you should be comfortable with that and not create confusion to the Town by doing so.

I don't really like this. It's a way of accusing First Day Lynch without really accusing him.

3. First Day Lynch voted for The SK and then subsequently switched his vote for The Cultist. The way First Day Lynch approached The SK issue reminded me of the paradigm that 'If The SK turns out Town, he would say I Told You All So'.

This, however, is actually fairly good reasoning, but only to an extent. If you thought First Day Lynch had unvoted SK to get towncred when he flipped town, why did you vote SK too?? Didn't he have to be town for your hypothesis to be correct?

And if First Day Lynch was your main suspicion (which it looks like), why not vote him?

Personally, I don't believe in the whole fake vote concept, it's way too easy for the scum to test out their targets and to see if their targets generate support from the Town. I believe the only way to make the scum nervous is to post a real vote. Not as a poke or test but as a decisive vote. No offense Female Lover, I appreciate what you are trying to do here, but scum could easily use this to their advantage.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here if you're scum. You're entitled to your own opinion, although I don't particularly agree with this one. Not too scummy, just weird.

Perhaps we should look at those people who had 1 fake vote, and who fake voted for them.

It's fake after all. Right?

If I'm wrong and scum really are testing the waters with fake votes, this is good reasoning and a great idea. Nothing scummy here.

The Cultist certainly hasn't been around today despite being online. Panicking? Or given up? Both doesn't seem Town to me.

This is the post that sends up the red flags for me. I was having serious doubts of the Cultist's guilt due to her disappearance (I've found that to usually be a towntell), and my doubts were basically confirmed when she gave up.

I'm going to get ridiculed for this by town and scum alike, but the tone she's taking here (now that I'm finally examining her posts closely) is weird. It seems like she's trying to suggest something without outright suggesting it; something she did a bit with First Day Lynch earlier.

I also 'love' how The Doctor decides to set the standard to determine who's active or not. Who knows, he could be scum at the front trying to act all townie tommie, suspicious of everyone (including his scum buddies) so no one would possibly suspect he is scum. The Doctor is so helpful, analysing posts, talking to people, surely he's not scum. Who knows?

@The Doctor - Are you defending The Witch?

Again with the sly accusations.

If the scum can manipulate real voting to their advantage, I don't see how this fake voting will fare any better. Like I said, it's fake after all. If town wants to continue with this, I am fine with it, but having this fake voting will mean that catching scum will be much harder because the scum will know what's coming and they can prepare, discuss their plan of action and how they can avoid being detected through voting analysis.

I don't see how "knowing what's coming" will give the scum any advantages. Almost all of the fake votes are against people who are already suspected, and know they're suspected. This doesn't make sense.

If the Cultist claimed he wanted to quit and probably be mod killed, he shouldn't have made his one post today. Now that he had done so, that adds more suspicions into his true intentions. Is he trying to act townie so we would unvote him? And waste it on someone we aren't sure of?

This is a valid point. Not one I agree(d) with, but a valid one nonetheless.

Also, I did not see any substantial input from the Male lover despite making quite a number of posts. Even if the male lover somehow miraculously turns the lynch around in the next few hours, I am sure he will be the topic of discussion of many for Day 3. With so much at hand, we cannot be distracted, so I shall therefore cast my vote on:

Vote: The Male Lover (LegoDad)

Here's the major red flag. You voted for Male Lover out of the blue (I must admit, I didn't vote for him nor voice my suspicions of him very loud; but I still voiced them without making a hasty vote like you did) when it didn't matter who you voted. Cultist and Male Lover were inevitably being lynched, unless somehow people rallied against you (which seemed unlikely).

Your reasoning is bad too. "Well, he isn't doing anything, and even if he lives he'll be scummy later too, so I might as well kill him now". This sounds like you had no concern for what his affiliation was. In all honesty, this looks like a hasty bus to gain towncred for today.

Fakevote: PGO (Purpearljellyblob)

~~~~~

However, let's keep in mind that a lynch probably isn't going to happen today. There's no way for us to convict someone without the help of scum. Maybe the vig can kill our lynch target at night?

Wait, what made you think night two was SK and scum and not vig kills? Doubt you had read Female's post stating vig didn't kill yet when you said this.

Remember, the vig tried to kill Witch but failed because of the lifesaver?

As for the people you listed, I'm not convinced on BONAD being scummy. It IS a possible explanation, but I am leaning more towards a town just sharing too quickly and with bad logic. I don't think scum would have made the assumption that the witch was SK based on the unsuccessful kill; nor would they have expected such bad logic to fly with the rest of the group and not get called out. Going with "scum or dumb," well, BONAD's bad assumption that witch had to be SK feels TOO dumb to be scum.

Ehh, this one's a matter of opinion. If it was just that bad judgement on his part, yeah, I'd read it as town. However, I can't ignore everything put together in his manner.

Both witch and PGO's votes on Male were "unneeded", strictly speaking. I can understand PGO wanting to toss a vote on Male to ensure that a single switch vote from ML to PGO wouldn't lynch PGO (as Doc did a few hours before PGO's vote). Witch's vote against ML was way earlier in the day. So, I'm not sure how much to read into either one.

Yeah, witch is definitely another possibility like this. Just because she had the lifesaver doesn't mean she's town, after all.

However, look at all the votes against Cultist that weren't needed. Several of those were made AFTER we knew he was quitting and so i's debatable if he was a good lynch candidate or not. Certainly a couple of scum could have jumped on that bandwagon as a safe way to vote against a townie without too much suspicion.

There's no reason for them to want to vote a townie that late. They'd want to vote their own teammate when it's locked in for towncred, but voting Cultist does absolutely nothing for them.

I suppose it's good that Virgin got knocked off (I would have probably voted for him today).

Why? Had you voiced that suspicion earlier?

This is a change from your feelings on him previously, correct?

Well... I'll say I'm surprised about the Male Lover. I was leaning towards him coming up Town, which is why I never voted for him.

If you're truly surprised that The Male Lover was Town, then you must be the Serial Killer. Otherwise, you're Scum, but I'm pretty certain you're anti-Town, whatever you are.

Good point.

Yep, to get a vote, we'll need all 9 town voting on the same person so that it'd be OBVIOUS if scum or SK were dissenting. If the town can't come to a consensus, they can easily hide in the confusion. Heck, they'll be trying to CAUSE the confusion to prevent a consensus, so gotta watch for that too.

Today we really have to use the fake vote system.

It's really aggravating that we nailed a Scum and still lost three Townies in the Night. At this rate, there's not much room for error.

The Cultist died with a non-placebo, by the way.

Nice to see we got a scum in the Male Lover. I thought his behavior was strange, but I wasn't convinced on him as much as I was on the Cultist. I'm not surprised about Cultist, he was basically asking us to be lynched. I just hope he wasn't a power role or something. Jester, I'm a bit shocked by, but he was definitely starting to appear more helpful later in the day.

Serious Roleplayer, I believe your statistics are off. With Zepher's role layout, shouldn't it be 1-5-10? A 3/4 majority would be about 7 votes, so it's definitely possible, but we all must be unified with our choice. It's definitely going to be hard, but I think if we can all agree, it will be achievable.

I definitely agree about PGO, he's definitely pinging me the more she speaks. Another thing that kind of pinged me yesterday was jamesn and Dave switching their votes close to the end of the day. Now, it was clear that Male Lover was going to be lynched, so why would they unvote him so late and try to sway the lynch over to PGO?

I'm not surprised Cultis had a non-placebo. He only revealed his Day 1 pill.

I just called PGO a boy and a girl in the same sentence. I meant he for both.

Why? Had you voiced that suspicion earlier?

I don't remember. I think he was one of the ones I was procrastinating on, like BONAD. "Man, I think he's scum, but there's something else I need to say in this post."

Actually, scratch that, I called him out on getting Cultist's pill.

This is a change from your feelings on him previously, correct?

Yes.

Serious Roleplayer, I believe your statistics are off. With Zepher's role layout, shouldn't it be 1-5-10? A 3/4 majority would be about 7 votes, so it's definitely possible, but we all must be unified with our choice. It's definitely going to be hard, but I think if we can all agree, it will be achievable.

Wait, nevermind, I apparently can't count. It's 1-5-10. A 3/4 Majority would be 12 votes, though. We're not getting a lynch.

Oh, yeah. My thinking was probably different, I was thinking 3/4 of a majority, not a majority of 3/4. My bad. Yeah, we aren't lynching. Hopefully we can find some scum to target tonight, though.

So, why the change?

I looked through the list of everyone, trying to see who the most likely scum candidates were. No matter how I looked at it, PGO was definitely on the list. I reread her after that, and realized that she was being a different kind of scummy this time than last time.

I don't see how "knowing what's coming" will give the scum any advantages. Almost all of the fake votes are against people who are already suspected, and know they're suspected. This doesn't make sense.

Here's the major red flag. You voted for Male Lover out of the blue (I must admit, I didn't vote for him nor voice my suspicions of him very loud; but I still voiced them without making a hasty vote like you did) when it didn't matter who you voted. Cultist and Male Lover were inevitably being lynched, unless somehow people rallied against you (which seemed unlikely).

Your reasoning is bad too. "Well, he isn't doing anything, and even if he lives he'll be scummy later too, so I might as well kill him now". This sounds like you had no concern for what his affiliation was. In all honesty, this looks like a hasty bus to gain towncred for today.

Fakevote: PGO (Purpearljellyblob)

~~~~~

However, let's keep in mind that a lynch probably isn't going to happen today. There's no way for us to convict someone without the help of scum. Maybe the vig can kill our lynch target at night?

Remember, the vig tried to kill Witch but failed because of the lifesaver?

I don't see the fakevotes as being any different than how voting normally is, when you can unvote all you want. So just like scum could make suggestions and then change it with regular voting, they can use fakevotes the same.

I agree that PGO's late vote is suspicious and lousy reasoning, but I CAN understand wanting to seal the voting for sure on Male so PGO felt safer.

As I said earlier, the only way I see a lynch happening is being so solidly unified as a town that scum HAVE to join in to hide. Well, or being semi-solid and wrong, in which case the scum would join in readily.

Yeah, vig tried on day 1, but how does that have any relevance to night 2? You said at the beginning of today that "What I find interesting is that there were only two kills; the serial killer and the scum killer (if we're to believe BONAD and Female Lover in that the vig didn't kill on Night 1). Very weird." - on what basis did you assume the two kills in night two were SK and scum, rather than a vig kill? Unsuccessful vig on night 1 means nothing on night 2.

The Cultist died with a non-placebo, by the way.

This means that the Goon had a non-placebo night one, and some useful (or negative, depending on who has it) pill is now gone from the game.

This 3/4 rule sucks megablocks, but at least we nailed Loverboy (LegoDad). With our lynch nerfed, it looks like today will focus on us suggesting targets for the vig and any Townie with an invention, assuming that the gifted inventions could not be used last night.

Female Lover (Hinckley), did the "vig" give you any reason why he or she didn't kill last night? I would've thought that a vig in contact with several other players would be more confident in a target.

There's a ruby on the floor in the first picture. It's mine now. Oh that's blood. Never mind.

I'm not surprised about The Cultist but I'm going to keep my trap shut because every time I speak I feel I'm inadvertently going to screw the town over. That being said, the Paranoid Gun Owner seems logical for a lynch.

Female Lover (Hinckley), did the "vig" give you any reason why he or she didn't kill last night? I would've thought that a vig in contact with several other players would be more confident in a target.

Our discussion revolved around not wanting to risk losing a Townie. We don't want the vig to act until we really have something to go on. At the rate that loss of Townies can happen, it's best to play it safe. We can use every Townie we have, which is why I'm not sure why the werewolf would've told The Cultist that he was going to be mod-killed for quitting. I wish we would've tried to find an alternate, though that probably wouldn't have saved him from the lynch.

Townies who quit the qame, who were barely present in the first place are the worst type of SUCK there is. :hmpf_bad:

People have been suspicious of The Snake Charmer and Adam and they took the same pill on Days One and Days Two.

I have a proposal: Everyone reveal what their pills do. The game structure is already open, The Scum can share the info on six pills a Day. We need to know what people are doing and have as much info as we possibly can to get a 75% majority lynch. The Scum have nowhere to hide with what they're doing with the pills. We should all reveal what the pills do. The Scum will know them all soon anyway. Especially if anybody is talking to the wrong person behind the scenes.

We know that The Male Lover was Scum and he took the same pill as The Cult Leader on Day Two.

Likewise, the Cult Leader accused The Snake Charmer and took his Day One pill on Day Two.

Here are the contents of my potatoes with The Male Lover:

1. He was speaking with Kristel

2. He suggest, as suspects, The Virgin, NPC, Cultist and The Goon. He says they have been too quiet.

3. When asked he offers no solid opinion on The Witch.

4. He says The Cult Leader is odd for going after "the Lover angle"

5. Then he agrees with me that The Cult Leader seems like a Townie for going after me so adamantly.

After that we have a quick exchange about fighting the lynch but the conversation pretty much ends there.

Hello anybody? I can see you are here. There's lots to discuss. Hello? Cult Leader? Blacked-Out Night Action Dude? Godfather? Let's go. We have work to do.

The people that he mentioned are pretty quiet, but is it safe to say that all of the people he listed are town? I wouldn't think so, because he could have put scum in that list to make it seem as if he was town, correctly reading scum to get on your good side. Do you have an opinion on the people he listed? It might be a good idea to check one of them out tonight so we can determine anything from the people he listed.

And I think a lot of people are quiet because if the low chance of having a lynch today. A shame, because this gives us more time to slow down and analyze things.

People have been suspicious of The Snake Charmer and Adam and they took the same pill on Days One and Days Two.

I have a proposal: Everyone reveal what their pills do. The game structure is already open, The Scum can share the info on six pills a Day. We need to know what people are doing and have as much info as we possibly can to get a 75% majority lynch. The Scum have nowhere to hide with what they're doing with the pills. We should all reveal what the pills do. The Scum will know them all soon anyway. Especially if anybody is talking to the wrong person behind the scenes.

We know that The Male Lover was Scum and he took the same pill as The Cult Leader on Day Two.

Likewise, the Cult Leader accused The Snake Charmer and took his Day One pill on Day Two.

I like this idea a LOT. It'll make for a mad rush on pills when the cart comes, but so what. that's luck of being around at the right time anyway. And yes, we need all the info we can get to get a lynch tonight! So in the interest of that, my two pills (dick and pearl) were both placebos. I noticed the male's pill choice as well, and that makes me suspicious of Cult Leader - either the Big Red Science pill was something good and they were both scum, or the CL is town and the scum were trying to get as many different pills as possible. I'm going to do a little research on this and I'll share more thoughts later...

Here are the contents of my potatoes with The Male Lover:

1. He was speaking with Kristel

2. He suggest, as suspects, The Virgin, NPC, Cultist and The Goon. He says they have been too quiet.

3. When asked he offers no solid opinion on The Witch.

4. He says The Cult Leader is odd for going after "the Lover angle"

5. Then he agrees with me that The Cult Leader seems like a Townie for going after me so adamantly.

Do you know whether Kristel or LegoDad started the conversation? We know two of his 4 suspects are were loyal - possibly all 4 are? But not necessarily... his avoidance of the witch pings a little - still suspicious of her and this fits that.

Might I add that Male Lover took the Deep Space pill on Day One, and that PGO took it yesterday? If we're working the pill angle, this adds to my suspicions of PGO.

I like this idea a LOT.

If we're playing like this:

Rum = placebo

Bobblyhead = downer

Do you know whether Kristel or LegoDad started the conversation? We know two of his 4 suspects are were loyal - possibly all 4 are? But not necessarily... his avoidance of the witch pings a little - still suspicious of her and this fits that.

I expect that one or more of the suspects are scum - I'd be worried about pointing all my suspicions towards town if I were scum. If we look at pills again, PGO took Royalty on Day One, which was taken by NPC yesterday. Goon was entrusted by Female Lover to get the Fairy Tale yesterday, so I'd put my money on NPC being scum if any of those four are.

The Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs): 7 (mostlytechnic, fhommes, Kristel, Clanure, Rufus, purpearljellyblob, Bob)

The Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam): 5 (Kadabra, TrumpetKing, Tamamono, LegoDad, jamesn)

The Usurper (TrumpetKing): 2 (Fred Daniel Yam, CallMePie)

The Host (Zepher): 1 (def)

The PGO (Purpearljellyblob): 1 (KielDaMan)

The Doctor (PirateDave84): 1 (Esurient)

The Cop (def): 2 (Hinckley, PirateDave84)

Here is Day 1's Final vote tally. I've only highlighted the dead people, to look at patterns. There isn't really a lot to go off of from this day, since votes were all over the place there. I'll get to Day 2 momentarily.

If we reveal all the pills, we could possibly reveal one of the Power Roles, say the vig or JOAT. With no conversions possible, we can make sure that person has an unkillable pill every day and have someone we can all trust to gather info. Anyone who tries to take the unkillable pills otherwise would be lynched. :sweet: I love it. Feckuck you, Scum. :grin:

What do you guys think? I really think it will work.