• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Direlda

Direlda

Member: 28992

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Posted Image

Dispatch to the Jarl

Before I pledged my allegiance to you, I had been watching over untamed regions of Mitgardia.  I have shepherded lost travelers back to the roads, discouraged unfriendly incursions with a well placed avalanche (taking care to avoid killing anyone, if possible), and discovered several unwatched routes through the mountains.  I would have continued unaligned had it not been for the signs of a gathering storm.  The Drow are twice as active on the southeastern borders as they have ever been in the many years I have watched them.  And there are ominous rumors of a foe with powerful elementals at his command.  I have not the resources to maintain the balance in the wild if either of these decides to march through.  Thus, I have pledged my allegiance to you and will provide you with intelligence on the happenings in the wilds so that Mitgardia may continue to be filled with life and light.

I have wandered the wilds of Mitgard for many years and have seen sights that would leave men speechless and some that would cause ordinary men to quake in their boots.  But never before have I encountered something quite like this in the wilderness.
While in the foothills of the Mitgardian Peaks, about a day’s march from the road leading through one of the guarded mountain passes, I met a strange traveler.  He was an elf from Avalonia, but that wasn’t what was strange.  Elves and Avalonians like to visit this time of year and I had, a few days earlier, given directions to a party of Avalonians who had become lost while trying to find a lake.  He was a painter, though that wasn’t so strange; many painters try to capture views of the mountains in their paintings.  No, what was strange was that he had lugged his easel into the wilderness with him.

Posted Image

All of the other painters I have met would sketch in a small book what they saw and then paint in a studio.  I queried this painter about what he was doing and where he was sheltering.  He ignored me until I came up to him and blocked his view of the forest and lake he was painting.  As soon as he took notice of me, he wouldn’t stop babbling on about how his life’s dream was to follow a warrior around and paint his exploits.  He asked me an innumerable amount of times if he could follow me.  I nearly hewed his easel into several pieces because of his inability to heed my refusal of his request.  Fortunately he finally seemed to get the idea that I did not want him following me.

After receiving several vague replies to my inquiries, I set out from that place.  I figured that would be the last time I would see him.  I was mistaken…

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-------------------------------------------------
I welcome any comments!

Please note that I only have access to a small portion of my Lego collection at present (the rest is in another country  :sad: ).  I have done my best using what little I have. The general lack of pieces has forced me to be creative in my building.  So while I would have liked this to be perhaps a little larger or more detailed, I will have to live with what I've got.

Part 2 will be coming "soon" - I've built the MOC for it and taken pictures, but am still writing up the bit of narrative to go with it.

Edited by Direlda, 06 June 2012 - 02:52 PM.

Wymond the Fox of Mitgardia
Posted Image
Direlda's Den: where the storytelling kitsune resides!

#2 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Member: 26763

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

That's cool! I'll be watching to see what comes next! :thumbup:

Posted Image

#3 Maxim I

Maxim I

• Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

View Postpurpleparadox, on 06 June 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

That's cool! I'll be watching to see what comes next! :thumbup:

I like the concept :classic:

Also great way of making a small hill :thumbup:

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!

East Stedor  - West Stedor

Posted Image   Posted Image
my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

Check out my YouTube video: Gelukkig is er nu Openday.be

#4 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

That painter can't take a hint (or direct request) :laugh:  nice little build, glad to see you start contributing so fast  :thumbup:
The easel works quite well  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#5 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

Great vignette, a nice way to introduce yourself to the guild. Mitgardia welcomes you :thumbup:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users