Sign in to follow this  
cavegod

UCS Sebulba's Pod Racer

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

After seeing Anio's Sebulba's Pod Racer and already having built Anakin's it seemed only right to build this to go with it since Kids at the shows I exhibit at always asked me where it was :sceptic:

So with the help of Anio i have recreated it with just a few tweaks and before you start pestering him about it i can confirm it is not easy to obtain the parts required at all!!

Sebulba's Pod Racer

Oh and before anybody says, I need to change a few dyed parts as I left them a little to long and hence why they are darker than they should be. I have only dyed the 4x9 wedge plates, 3x3 rounded corner plates and the 3x3 arched domes. the rest is all unmodified Lego elements.

Looks really, really good :thumbup: I really like Anio's design. Can you highlight what tweaks/differences there are between the two model (other than missing/dyed parts)?

Good job

only minor tweaks but I changed the rear of the split x intakes and also the front of them to be more accurate I feel, I added the cable supports to the pod as well, other than that just a few greeble changes due to availability issues.

You dyed pieces? I didnt know people did this :o The podracer looks a really neat and tidy job of it too!

How well does dying fare, compared to just spraying pieces? Does it come off easily, is it permanent, or just as permanent as you wish it to be. How well does the dye adhere?

Edited by Fuppylodders

The dye is absorbed by the plastic and will not rub off at all, you retain the Lego shine as well, the trick is to dye it just the right amount of time which i did on most of the parts, won't happen next time.

This looks great and huge. I think that the electricity connector should be a bit bulkier, but other than that this is truly amazing.

Great job :thumbup:

Look's great! :thumbup:

I suspect I'd be speaking on behalf of more than a few of us if you could also add a photo of your UCS Pod Racers sitting side-by-side. That would be a marvelous sight to behold Cavegod! Never mind the little kids, us 'big' kids also want to see them... :wink:

I will do as soon as I have finished the interior of the Sandcrawler. :classic:

Excellent work cavegod, as usual! :thumbup:

I'm surprised that you can dye bricks, but it clearly works well. Did you use white bricks or does it work with other colours as well?

I will do as soon as I have finished the interior of the Sandcrawler. :classic:

I've been really looking forward to see the inside, any chance of a sneak preview?