Lego Black Pearl MOC

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic  – Started by MCNwakeboard , Dec 11 2011 08:37 PM

#1 MCNwakeboard

MCNwakeboard

Member: 9088

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

115D
While this forum is awash in great Black Pearl MOCs, I wanted to share mine as well. Two Black Pearl sets were used in addition to some pieces from my collection and a few small Bricklink orders. flickr

Main View
Posted Image

Rear View with Lights
Posted Image

Captains Cabin
Posted Image

Ship Deck
Posted Image

#2 Damaximus

Damaximus
  • Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

I like the lights!!! Great MOC!

Lord Damaximus of Mpya Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!
Also sometimes Lord Max Samu of Everlast, Head of the I.A.M.S., a secret service of KALIPHLIN!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

#3 Only Sinner

Only Sinner

Member: 21171

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

Hey, now that's more like it!
Posted Image

#4 Captain BeerBeard

Captain BeerBeard
  • Ringleader

Member: 18031

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

That's awesome. It makes me want to get another BP.
Nocturnus Scoundrel

#5 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!

Member: 3891

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:29 AM

A very nice ship, it's not the most accurate since it has more masts than the real one but so what ? more masts make a better ship  :pir_laugh2:
I love the cabin interior picture; it looks so spacy, keep it up  :pir-classic:

#6 De Sandman

De Sandman

Member: 18618

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

Wow, this looks better than the one from TLG, makes me want to buy 2 of them two :pir_bawling:
I like the lights :pir-wub: .

HAIL AVALONIA!Siege Expert / High Chief Of Agriculture / Lord High Executioner

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Check my new ship the Prinses Nikki

My Brickshelf

#7 MstrOfPppts

MstrOfPppts
  • Lord Vader thinks I'm special

Member: 14752

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

I'd rather not call this the Black Pearl for the inaccuracies it has. The mentioned number of masts is a big difference. Also I really like your idea of solving the back under the cabin, but it really looks nothing like the Pearl. it's awesome for a generic ship though and as such it's a very good build! I'd also really like to see a Pearl with an accurate long cabin version. If you look at the side view of the Pearl, the cabin part + the fence for stairs and additional cannons is almost 1/3 of the hull length.

I'll try to make my version, but need to bricklink some more sails and the black hull middle parts. I'm not buying two sets for just a few parts ... hope to post my solution in a near future.

Posted Image

#8 MCNwakeboard

MCNwakeboard

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for the comments, I'll take them into consideration as I rebuild and modify. The extra mast is an issue but I included it as some models of the pearl have a third mast close to the helm and the my ship design didn't allow for that. The shorter and longer cabin length is something that could be improved as well.

The extra ship cost was alleviated by selling the crew off on eBay since they seem to be selling well right now.

#9 IamF4u5t

IamF4u5t

Member: 20222

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

hello, i like how you put the light into your moc. i also had this idea when watching the movies few days ago and the pearl could be seen in the dark from side behind, i think it was quite in the beginning of the second movie. i just dont have lightbricks or any other equip for that or any experience with this in lego. so very well done^^  i know you didnt want to make it a real modell of the movie version or a real ship modell as in the ucs black pearl thread. i only think it could use some curves, try to moc it a bit cuvier^^ the cabin is great so far, maybe also a bit curvier, maybe the windows not all in the same hight position and the cannons as well...

#10 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr
  • Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:31 AM

As far as inaccuracies to the real Pearl, I will say this still looks like a great build and a great ship. I love the stern, even if it isn't exactly like the Pearl's. I think it adds something extra to this ship.

And the lights at night picture looks incredible.

Keep up the brilliant work.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#11 IamF4u5t

IamF4u5t

Member: 20222

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

This is what Lego is for: build your own interpretations, creations, ideas. you can build a black pearl, which looks completely different from the movie version. do anything you want, the only thing that matters is that it makes you happy with it.

#12 Skipper

Skipper

Member: 19281

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

Looks like the Black Pearl to me. You've kept it inside the style of the official sets, which could be detracting from the accuracy when compared to for example gatorzip's recent post. But I like this style too - I could see this being released as a counterpart (if only  :pir-cry_sad: ) to the 10210 Imperial Flagship.  Is there an interior to the gundeck? There's definitely space for it. And as others have said the lighting function is great. Nice work!

Edited by Skipper, 16 December 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#13 382nd Legionnaire

382nd Legionnaire

Member: 7179

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:54 AM

View PostIamF4u5t, on 16 December 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

This is what Lego is for: build your own interpretations, creations, ideas. you can build a black pearl, which looks completely different from the movie version. do anything you want, the only thing that matters is that it makes you happy with it.

That's the great thing about Lego, nothing is ever wrong. This Black Pearl is a really faithful representation to the movie one. I am always amazed with people who can incorporate non Lego parts like lights into their set.

#14 Skystorm87

Skystorm87

Member: 15118

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:33 AM

I definitely love your BP! It's an amazing ship! I'm into Pirates sets since very short time and I own you just two ships, but I wish I can build my own very soon!  :pir-classic:

#15 MCNwakeboard

MCNwakeboard

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:58 AM

There is a bit of interior detail shown in some of the flickr pictures but I'll probably revisit it during the holidays.

Posted Image

#16 Walter

Walter
  • Back, but still drowning!

Member: 16053

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

Awesome! I love your rendition of the ship. It's quite lovely. I love the work you did on the hull.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links