Sign in to follow this  
oo7

Two Pirate Lego Chess sets

Hi all, sorry I've been away for a week or so. Now I'm back and I see that Lego has made a viking chess set soon to be put on S@H. I was inspired by the discussion in that thread about other ideas for chess sets and I found some really cool ones on brickshelf including these pirate ones;

ChrisMinamyer's board

vol4807's board

nico-strassburg's board

I would love to do something like those! *wub* And as always, which one is your favorite?

There's a certain sense of historic irony that the Imperial Islanders verus the Indigo Islanders... However, the Indigo Islanders are featured in both sets. TAKE NOTE OF THAT BRICKMINER!!!

Oops, one of the hyperlinks got deleted, now there is third one with no islanders, sorry to burst your bubble Phes.

Hi all, sorry I've been away for a week or so. Now I'm back and I see that Lego has made a viking chess set soon to be put on S@H. I was inspired by the discussion in that thread about other ideas for chess sets and I found some really cool ones on brickshelf including these pirate ones;

ChrisMinamyer's board

vol4807's board

nico-strassburg's board

I would love to do something like those! *wub* And as always, which one is your fav?

Welcome back, oo7. *sweet*

The Islanders vs. Conquistadors is my favorite. Mainly because it includes conquistadors, which I have one of.

Nico-strassburg's chess set can be credited for including a pleasant mosaic-like board.

Nico-Strassburg's set is the one I like the best. The board is creative, and the pieces are brillant. I really like the size of each piece, espically the rooks. I would absolutly buy one of these, no questions asked!

The first looks the best to me, but the third is okay to, even the second looks good, but I prefer the first like Cap'n Roger *pirate*

they all look great! I wish I had so many soldiers to do somethig like that...

were this mocs made before or after lego sarted to make the chess and other games sets?

I am waiting for the vikings chess it looks awsome.

Has this thread been altered to link 3 different Pirate Chess sets? I'm quite sure when I first posted in it there were only 2.

Nico-Strassburg's board has been added later - hasn't it?

Phes, read the post after your original post.

Ah yes, that would explain a lot then. But what Bubble are we bursting? Just because one of the sets doesn't have Islanders doesn't mean my bubble has bursted. It just means 2 out of 3 Pirate LEGO Chess sets feature Islanders.

Mr Oo7 you should really set about making your own chess set...

Mr Oo7 you should really set about making your own chess set...

Yes, I would love to do that, I've made a castle chess set before, but the only problem is that I'm still lacking minifigs, I want to buy Imperial Trading post off Ebay but I am just way too busy and now that school has started it will be even harder. Right now I am planning how I will make the awesome soldiers from the board game Stratego.

What is Stratego (besides some kind of game)? What does that involve? Are you saying you're planning to make a LEGO version of it?

Someone should make a Pirate chess set, only a lot bigger, with ships instead of minifigs... That would look interesting :-)

What is Stratego (besides some kind of game)? What does that involve? Are you saying you're planning to make a LEGO version of it?

Statego is just a board game like monopoly or chess, it's as simple as that. :-) But the gameplay is more complicated, you command an army of plastic peices repersenting soldiers with different strengths and ultimatly try to capture your opponents flag. I could make the board but since there is multiple pieces that look the same I will only be making one peice of each type.

Someone should make a Pirate chess set, only a lot bigger, with ships instead of minifigs... That would look interesting :-)

Yeah, and while we're at it we should make a life-size lego room from a fort to store it in with real lego cannons that really fire life-size lego cannonballs!