The weather has taken a turn for the worse. A solid rain covers the town, and the clouds block the sun. Still, the town has gathered together, as is their duty.
Is everyone here? Are we missing people?
The crowd started to do a head count when Roweena Karnata burst into the room.
"Sir, I have bad news. Again this morning, I checked the houses, and both Craig Otoko and Professor Flutwuck were gone, their houses showing signs of a struggle! In their beds, I found these cards!"
Oh dear. I worry that things may be worse than I thought. Two more members of The Town were taken from us last night! I really believed the town was unified together!
The Town Elder looked out over at the inhabitants of New Lower Brickton by the Sea.
Tomorrow is the night of the alignment. Time is not on our side.
All players now have 24 hours to place their mandatory vote. They may choose to play their witness cards, but please keep in mind:
- there are a set number of clues for each death.
- each player has only two cards to use over four days, so cooperation is imperative
- their will be a challenge today to win an Investigation Card
-Because of other commitments, Burman cannot complete the game and will be substituted with Pandora. Nothing has changed in the role, and should not effect your opinion of the character.
And a special hint to all players:
If you're not going to be around for the last few hours of the game day, be it for work, school, sleep, or otherwise, I strongly recommend proxying your vote to someone who will be around. It could make all the difference between winning and losing.
The game takes place in 24-hour rounds (a Day Round and a Night Round) over the course of 7 days in the quaint village of Lower Brickton by the Sea.
During the Day Rounds, excitable citizens take it into their hands to lynch one of the players.
During the Night Rounds, the town's population is preyed upon by The Dark Ones!
-There are two teams: The Town and The Dark Ones.
-There are an unknown number of players on each team.
-There are no special roles in either team.
-Members of The Town will not know the identities of their teammates.
-Members of The Dark Ones may or may not know the identities of their teammates.
-IMPORTANT! For The Town, this is a No-PM game. Posting in the public game thread is the only method of game-related communication allowed for members of this team (i.e. no Skype, Facebook, Twitter, or whatever.)
-For The Dark Ones, this may or may not be a No-PM game.
-The team left with the most players at the end of the 4th Day Round will be declared the winners.
-All players win or lose with their team, so if you're killed during the game and your team wins, you're still a winner. So work together!
-If it becomes impossible for one of the teams to win, the game will end early and the other team will be declared the winners.
Note: Some non-player characters may be mentioned during the game, but these characters do not contribute to the numbers on either team.
-The day round lasts 24 hours. During that time a player may vote for another player to be lynched by publicly voting in the game thread.
-At the end of the round, the player with the most votes is subjected to a brutal death at the hands of the mob.
-Votes should be stated in the public thread in bold. E.g. "I VOTE/UNVOTE [name]".
-Players may nominate any other player to be their proxy for the day, thus voting the same way as their proxy.
-In the event of a tie, the first player to achieve that number of votes will be convicted.
IMPORTANT! Failure to vote or nominate a proxy will result in a penalty of 5 lynch votes the following day!
-The Night Round begins when the day ends and lasts 24 hours. During that 24 hour window, members of The Dark Ones may murder other players.
- Each player will receive a Character card containing a full photo of themselves.
- Players may choose to reveal this card at any time in the public thread, or not.
There are 3 types of game card in play...
- Play this card to receive a clue about a crime.
- Each player will receive 2 Witness cards.
- To play a Witness card, post it in the public thread and nominate the crime you want the clue about.
- The clue will be sent by PM to the player who played the card.
- If more than one player witnesses the same crime, they may receive further clues. If the same clue is received by more than one player, that signifies there are no further clues to be revealed about that crime.
- Witness cards may only be played during Day, up to any length of time after the crime occurred.
- Play this card to identify which team another player is on.
- Players can win Investigation cards by solving challenges (more on this below).
- To play an Investigation card, post it in the public thread and nominate the player under investigation. Players may not investigate themselves.
- The result of the investigation will be sent by PM to the player who played the card.
- Investigation cards may only be played during the Day, and do not have to be played on the same day they are won.
- Play this card to murder another player.
- Each of The Dark Ones will receive 1 Kill card.
- To play a Kill card, send it to me in a PM along with the name of the victim.
- Murder cards may played during Day or Night, but will only take effect during the Night Round.
Cards are not transferable.
Use of forged or altered cards is not allowed.
-During the course of the game, at different times of day, at least three challenges will be presented in the public thread.
-If you solve a challenge, send the answer to me by PM.
-Each player may only submit one answer for each challenge (no second chances or revisions!)
-The first player to send me the correct answer will win an Investigation card.
-If no fully correct answer is received within the challenge's allotted time, the player whose answer I deem closest to the solution will win the Investigation card.
-The winner of the challenge will be announced in the public thread.
Note to The Town: Although the odds may seem stacked against you, the game is really yours to lose. A considered assessment of the clues is the key to your success.
Camanakin Skywalker - Town hustler (Big Cam)
Womanikin Skywalker - Housewife/Wife of Mugg Kupp (Badboytje88)
Mugg Kupp - Military propagandist/Husband of Womanikin (MacK)
Scotty Pie - University Academic (CallMePieOrDie)
Shenanikin Skywalker - Elementary School Student (sok117)
Carly Vikera - Town accountant (Kartoffelviking)
Donena Buena - Jeweler (Donut)
Bananakin Skywalker - Town bicycle (Brickdoctor)
Professor Flutwuck - University Professor/Wife of Eskipo Land (Professor Flitwick)
Mrs. Le Goninja - Pub owner/Wife of Ram Strut (Mrlegoninja)
Ram Strut - Bouncer/husband of Mrs. Le Goninja (Rumble Strike)
Robanakin Skywalker - Town guard (Robuko)
Eskipo Land - Town Guard/Husband of Professor Flutwuck (Eskallon)
Addy Kupp - Importer/exporter (ADHO15)
Craig Otoko - Freelance muscle (cralegoboy)
Bubb Kupp - Town guard (Bob the Construction Man)
Roweena Karnata - Town guard general (Roncanator)
Mistress Kupp - Hostess (
Burrito - Horse Whisperer (