Jack Sparrow Can't Escape the Classics

27 replies to this topic  – Started by blackpyre , Jun 14 2011 03:24 AM

#26 SilvaShado

SilvaShado

Member: 18422

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

Glad to see that you went with version 2. It was my favorite. :-)

Good luck in the contest! I think you've got a solid entry.

Check out my profile & blog entries at The Brick Blogger

Here are the MOCs that my husband and I built: Flickr and BrickShelf

My Husband's first novel, The Cleric, is published and available on
Amazon (both print & Kindle ebook)! It's a humoristic tale of moderate adventure with a dash of romance.

#27 Zilcho

Zilcho

Member: 18952

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:47 PM

Hi blackpyre!

This is a very good story! It's very well written and it has a nice mix of narrative and speech which a lot of the other entries do not have. The thing I like a lot about this story is the reference to lego's way of building prisons and especially Jack's final remark which I found very funny.

The only criticism I could make is not a very big one in my mind. I feel your picture could have added a bit more to the story by maybe having jack's head leaning out the back of a prison. As I said, though, this, in my mind, is not a very big deal as this is writing competition.

Very good luck!

#28 blackpyre

blackpyre

Member: 18438

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for your feedback Zilcho.  The only reason why I didn't do more with the picture is because I didn't want to give away the punch line.  So I put up a picture that helped set the tone for my story instead.

Will

Check out my LEGO set reviews.

My first novel, The Cleric, is published and available on Amazon! It's a humoristic tale of moderate adventure with a dash of romance.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links