MoC:Hagrid's Hut

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Legomaster34

Legomaster34

Member: 4880

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:05 PM

This little hut is what inspired me to make my Hogwarts castle I posted yesterday, which is why it's colors look a heck of a lot better. Yes I know two of the roof pieces are missing, I don't have any more of those pieces.

Closed back:Posted Image

Closed front:Posted Image

Interior:Posted Image
Now we will take a look inside Hagrid's humble home. In one corner you can see his fireplace he uses to keep warm. Moving right you can see his table with a drinking goblet on it. Next to that Hagrid hangs his trusty crossbow. Finally Hagrid's chair by the window.

Edited by Legomaster34, 15 September 2010 - 08:17 PM.

My MoCs: Hogwarts Castle
Posted Image

#2 RoryoCox

RoryoCox

• Photography Contest Winner

Member: 7213

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

I think you really need to buy some more parts, take a look at some inspiration and plan the build out.

The design really is not good. It is too small, there is quite a noticeable hole in the roof.

Generally, it's just not the right shape.

I really wish you well in improving your building skills. :classic:

RoryoCox

#3 Mrlegoninja

Mrlegoninja

Member: 11901

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:14 AM

I am not trying to be mean, but you need to work one that and make it a whole lot better!
It just looks :sick: .

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Murdered Day 8 as former Armed Forces member and Spider ward member Dudley Eisenhower in Def's Doctor Bloodbrick's Asylum.-Insane
Thank you Jebediahs for that great paper doll!

Died as Congressman Aide Maxwell Touns in Bob's Red Scare Mystery-Town

Died as Pub Owner Mrs. Le Goninja in Def's The Coming Darkness-Town

Died as Pet Store owner Jack Montgomery in Bob's Suburbia
Currently playing as the 40 year old teller Richard Sexton in Hinckley's Red Moon Two!

#4 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:00 PM

I agree with them, preparation is always part of MOCing, and that inlcudes acquiring the right parts for your creation. While your attempt to build using your existing parts is decent, people will still appreciate carefully-planned and well-executed creations before presenting them to the general public.

#5 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

Well nice try anyway 'Legomaster34' - more pieces you do need to finish it off.
Keep on bricking ! :sweet:

#6 Marckeyh

Marckeyh

Member: 11171

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:28 PM

Maybe Hagrid couldn't pay his mortgage anymore and downsized to this hut?

Anyway, good first effort, shouldn't be too hard to improve once you manage to get the right pieces.

#7 Willdog

Willdog

Member: 9826

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

Getting slanted things to look natural and connect well with the rest of the building is hard. I for one like the interior. Crossbow on the wall, very cool. Don't give up on MOCing because of a little criticism either.
Posted Image

#8 Primusman

Primusman

Member: 13606

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:03 AM

No offense, but this is very poorly done. The size and colouration could have been much better. I can, however, understand the lack of parts problem. Most of my collection consists of built sets, so I'm thankful for what moccing parts I do have. Soon I'll be posting pics of my Hogwarts addition and Harry Potter display. Although it won't be the best moc ever posted here, I think it's excellent for a beginner with very few parts. Anyways, keep on bricking, and don't give up! :laugh:
Not only am I obsessed with lego, but with Transformers too. Oh, and music, and Star Wars, and Indy. I can't forget Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter, and-Oh boy!

#9 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:59 AM

It looks pretty good but the colors are off.  Also with the new set just being released, it kind of makes yours look bad.  no offense, but it's hard to compete with new.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users