WesternOutlaw

Confederate Soldiers

A great use for Imperial Officers is none other than Confederate troops. Featured in the new dark grey with flesh tones are a few of General Lee's troops aiming for the Union.

Pow!

dsc00001a.jpg

I've been wanting to make these for a long time, but never took the time to do so and shoot an image or two.

Excellent work The Brickster! You have found a better use for Star Wars mini-figures!

That's a custom flag isn't it?

Edited by mister_phes

Wow, thats a great idea using peach heads for racists! Makes one hate them even more! :tongue:

No really, thats great! And just a small changes and there you have some Confederate troops! :cool:

The flag was really easy to make, and I didn't put much time in it. Just found a flag on the web, added another (side-by-side), printed on regular paper, and just folded it over the pole with a piece of tape in the middle. I think it came out very well, considering it didn't take much work.

I agree with you Snefroe. I don't like the flesh toned faces either. I didn't swap them for western faces because the hands match- but they're not too bad. Maybe I'll experiment with some other faces and post the results.

I wish I had about 20 of these figs. I've got a few of the Imperial Officer that came with 7201 Final Duel II, but the hats don't work. The grey caps are a lot better.

The yellow heads look A LOT better, they just don't go well with the hands. All peach or all yellow is better. I prefer the latter, of course...

I don't like taking off mini-fig hands. It loosens them considerably, and next time you attach an item (gun, tool, etc) and try to pull it off, the hand comes with it. But basically, I think the torsos work fine.

Nice work! I like the yellow head and peach glove combo... a very good reuse (rescue) of SW parts!

God Bless,

Nathan

I don't like taking off mini-fig hands. It loosens them considerably, and next time you attach an item (gun, tool, etc) and try to pull it off, the hand comes with it. But basically, I think the torsos work fine.

So you NEVER take out the hands? I take out hands all the time for weapons and other things, and they don't come out when I reuse them on figs.

-l2k-

So you NEVER take out the hands? I take out hands all the time for weapons and other things, and they don't come out when I reuse them on figs.

Same here, some of the minfigs I have are over 20 years old (inherited ones, Im just 18) and Ive been switching hands like there is no tomorrow... No hands falling out here, seem to fit just as good as the day I got them. The only situation in which the hands has fallen off is when the arm is cracked by being stepped on. :wink:

I've had a few hands become loose... but no more than any other piece (arm/leg/head) it has never seemed more major than a law of averages thing to me. I even included a glove seller in my last MOC...

God Bless,

Nathan

ok, ok, maybe I'll try removing them. I've been collecting Lego a long time. Maybe they've improved them over the years. In any case, thanks for the compliments. Like I said though, two doesn't make a good army, but a dozen or two would do the trick (although I'm partial to the Union).

The Brickster, any updates with the Confederate Soldiers?

Edited by mister_phes

I like these, and just recently in Social-Studies we learned about the civil war(LOL :-D .).These are fantastic though.I couldn't have done it myself(I don't have the pieces.).As others have said(This is my true opinion, I'm not basing it on what everbody else says.)the western faces look better.

Thanks. I haven't done too much with Western MOCs for some time. Murder on Flight 514 had me doing the plane scenes for a few weeks. I'm starting to pull out the Adventure sets again now. I rotate through themes but Batman may catch my interest (depending on how soon the Batcave comes out).

I'm on Adventures right now so you may be seeing a few of these sets and MOCs pop up, but I always return to one of my favorites (Wild West). *pirate*

hey brickster, you should return soon,... i miss you in the history forum !!!

but i understand about those batman sets... the minifigs are really nice ;-)

- BM

Most of my stuff is in storage right now including all my Lego. The only set I have now is the Batcave (just picked up a few weeks ago), and without real bricks, I haven't been too inspired to post much. I've been keeping up with the boards though.

Brilliant idea making them Confederate troops!

I don't have any Star Wars lego :-( but I've thought that the Imperial Officers in the films always had a deliberate Nazi air to them, maybe if someone has ideas on creating a WWII theme the Star Wars Imperial officers could be the Gerries... Any bright ideas on how to create Allied troops?

The American Union troops also look a lot like French forces during WWI... One of the best things about Lego is how there are so many neverending options for things to be compatable. :-)

Thanks. I think they make pretty good confederate troops. But they do look better with yellow heads and hands vs. the new flesh tones. The bright yellow color seems to contrast/stand out better.

The American Union troops also look a lot like French forces during WWI... One of the best things about Lego is how there are so many neverending options for things to be compatable. :-)

The only thing is their belts have "US" on them.