LegoDennis

LionTower Pictures

WOW -- what do I say? This is one of the best castle theme MOCs that I've seen. It has great detail, wonderful consistency of color and shape, lots of things happening with the minifigs. The music is very fitting (what is that music?). What I like the best, however, is that you have created a massive MOC that does not take up much floor space (though floor space does not seem to be a problem for you). It's also very inspirational. Maybe something like a city theme for me -- Green Grocer on top of Cafe Corner on top of . . . hmmm.

WOW! Thank you for sharing that, it's so detailed! A big tower like that could have been dull, but this is one of the most architecturally interesting MOCs I've seen :thumbup: .

WOW -- what do I say? This is one of the best castle theme MOCs that I've seen. It has great detail, wonderful consistency of color and shape, lots of things happening with the minifigs. The music is very fitting (what is that music?). What I like the best, however, is that you have created a massive MOC that does not take up much floor space (though floor space does not seem to be a problem for you). It's also very inspirational. Maybe something like a city theme for me -- Green Grocer on top of Cafe Corner on top of . . . hmmm.

I removed the music. But it was Manowar - Crown and the ring ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UD2_-kXFFc ) :classic:

Floor space is a problem for me. That's why I made a tower instead of a huge castle. I had to remove some furniture in my livingroom, to make the movie :classic:

Ah, nice to see some pictures of it. And I actually liked the music when I entered the website. When you see it in its whole in one picture, it sure looks even more amazing and massive! It's so big! And I'm amazed that you've put in so many details in the building, unlike many other huge buildings and castles. The modular sections are also awesome, and it makes it probably much easier to put away or carry it around. Those four little towers look also very good. It's a shame that you can't add something under the tower, because some landscaping would make it even nicer. Imagine a little river under the bridge and greenery with trees surrounding the tower. But it still looks amazing, even without that. :thumbup:

Oh, and maybe you can add an overall picture in your first post to make the people interesting. :wink:

Looking at this you can't help but say Wow... that is an awesome stronghold LegoDennis!

It's very reminiscent of a fantastical tower one might see in film, games or described in novels! Some of the platforms midway up almosty look like they could be sky-docks of some sort. Is the throne room near the top of the tower? I was looking for the wee Queen minifig waving off the troops, but couldn't see her - unsuprisingly! :wink:

Building as high as you can go vertically to save space is ingenious... I should consider doing that myself really. This must have taken you ages to plan and put this together... aswell as the investment in LEGO parts! I'd assumed from the empty living room shot you'd sold the large comfy armchair that used to be in place of the tower to fund its construction! :laugh:

Great work, thanks for sharing it with us!

Incidentally, the music I thought spade450 might have been referring to on your preview trailer - and for spade450's benefit - is O Fortuna by Carl Orff. Absolute classic! Great choice there LegoDennis.

Edited by pedro

Wow, seeing the tower in still pictures makes it even more impressive! :wub:

After seeing all the little details, I can't even imagine how much time and effort you've put to this. You've really done your best, and it totally shows.

My favorite detail are actually the two lionstatues at the bridge. I hope you don't mind if I copy them from you, since I have several of those lion heads in tan to make them. :wink:

Oh my goodness.

I'm at loss for words - and I'm an incredibly talkative person!

Wow.

Amazing, how long did this take? What inspired you? Why do I have so many questions?!

Congratulations sir. You are truly a master of the brick.

~A.S.

Ah, nice to see some pictures of it. And I actually liked the music when I entered the website. When you see it in its whole in one picture, it sure looks even more amazing and massive! It's so big! And I'm amazed that you've put in so many details in the building, unlike many other huge buildings and castles. The modular sections are also awesome, and it makes it probably much easier to put away or carry it around. Those four little towers look also very good. It's a shame that you can't add something under the tower, because some landscaping would make it even nicer. Imagine a little river under the bridge and greenery with trees surrounding the tower. But it still looks amazing, even without that. :thumbup:

Oh, and maybe you can add an overall picture in your first post to make the people interesting. :wink:

Thanks :classic: I agree it would be pretty cool, with a river and trees etc. But again: limited floor space hehe

Looking at this you can't help but say Wow... that is an awesome stronghold LegoDennis!

It's very reminiscent of a fantastical tower one might see in film, games or described in novels! Some of the platforms midway up almosty look like they could be sky-docks of some sort. Is the throne room near the top of the tower? I was looking for the wee Queen minifig waving off the troops, but couldn't see her - unsuprisingly! :wink:

Building as high as you can go vertically to save space is ingenious... I should consider doing that myself really. This must have taken you ages to plan and put this together... aswell as the investment in LEGO parts! I'd assumed from the empty living room shot you'd sold the large comfy armchair that used to be in place of the tower to fund its construction! :laugh:

Great work, thanks for sharing it with us!

Incidentally, the music I thought spade450 might have been referring to on your preview trailer - and for spade450's benefit - is O Fortuna by Carl Orff. Absolute classic! Great choice there LegoDennis.

Thanks :classic: I selected only a few of the pictures for my own domain. When Brickshelf have reviewed my folder, you can see the Queen in the Throne room just below the balcony platform. I placed the throne room there, because I hadn't planned the tower to be as high as it turned out to become. I started building it in february/march. Sometimes I had to wait a couple of weeks for a new shipment from bricklink to arrive, before I could continue. I probably spend about 3-4K USD on bricks - maybe even more. Some of my friends spend more than that on travelling each year. So I have no worries about that :tongue:

Yes the music on the preview trailer is Carmina Burana Oh Fortuna :classic: I had embedded Manowars Crown and the ring in the picture gallery. But I figured it wasn't really wise to embed a mp3 music file on a page on my domain, so I removed it :tongue:

Wow, seeing the tower in still pictures makes it even more impressive! :wub:

After seeing all the little details, I can't even imagine how much time and effort you've put to this. You've really done your best, and it totally shows.

My favorite detail are actually the two lionstatues at the bridge. I hope you don't mind if I copy them from you, since I have several of those lion heads in tan to make them. :wink:

Hehe go ahead. I have borrowed some ideas from different other MOCS as well

Here are some more pictures of the Lion Statues:

http://www.dennisnielsen.com/lego/liontower/lionstatue1.jpg

http://www.dennisnielsen.com/lego/liontower/lionstatue2.jpg

http://www.dennisnielsen.com/lego/liontower/lionstatue3.jpg

And you can probably find more in the brickshelf folder,when it's been reviewed :classic:

Oh my goodness.

I'm at loss for words - and I'm an incredibly talkative person!

Wow.

Amazing, how long did this take? What inspired you? Why do I have so many questions?!

Congratulations sir. You are truly a master of the brick.

~A.S.

I have worked on and off on this since february/march :classic: My first MOC was this http://www.dennisnielsen.com/lego/brotaarnet/ but I wasn't satisfied. So I destroyed it to make a bigger tower. I also got inspired by pictures I found on the net like this: http://www.dennisnielsen.com/lego/inspiration.jpg

The gate was one of the first things I built. It was inspired by the classic Kings Castle 6080 http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=6080_1&v=z

Great, some pictures. Like I said before, the detail is intense. Great way to make a simple towerconcept this attractive!

Thanks for the share.

...no words... :thumbup:

it's not just huge, it's... no words again...

that's big, well detailed, but finally... I don't really likes it general aspect, too many little details that are "too much" I think, but the details are nicely made and the interior is cool too, it's just that.. I would like to see less details on the sides of the tower^^