cartoondude

Power Miners: New Sets for 2009

To me it seems like a mixture of Technic parts with System bricks, the only one wich I want to buy is the larger one, it lokks like a land ferry... :thumbup:

so i went to a toy store near my house today and asked to see the retail catalog for 2009

power miners were in the catalog along with pirates and the rest of the new sets.

they wouldnt let me take any pictures..

but i can tell you that they look a lot better than we thought.

i personaly still dont like them..

but there are a lot of cool features.

the colors are lime and light green with touches of orange

and some silver parts.

the monsters open their mouths to eat the valuable gems

and are grey or green.

i dont think they have legs

but im pretty sure their arms are moving..

and get this..

the sets combine to built different vehicles.

like the first exo force sets did..

thats all i can remember but im sure some of you will really like them

(still its not my taste)

Just a random "toy store"? Not a Lego store or Toys-R-Us?

Thanks for the heads-up and even though the pics were really hard to see, thanks for posting them!

You can just go to your store and ask there for the 2009 catalog and get to see it? :oh3:

i go there very often as i get most of my sets from there.

plus he always makes me a little discount.. :tongue:

it wasnt a lego store or a toys r us as there are none of these in Greece

and get this..

Say what?! Great i must get these now :thumbup:.

This is the part where Brainbox and I take over :tongue:

:laugh:

People are being very judgmental on them just as they were with Agents and those turned out to be some of the best designed sets of the year. We don't know how they'll turn out. I admit so far they aren't looking stellar, but they seem to have some great parts included as well as lime green, which is a very nice colour to have frankly. Plus as Jinzo keeps saying, the awesome possibility of more glowing bricks.

Yes, of course, I didn't think of that. Besides, I relish the chance to MOD these into something truly good.

I love that, and the biggest set looks very nice to me.

And it has said bike.

the colors are lime and light green with touches of orange

and some silver parts.

Let's face it though, have there been any sets recently that haven't had silver in? :laugh:

and get this..

Um... cool!

:laugh:

It was as so many failed super villains say: inevitable :laugh:

Yes, of course, I didn't think of that. Besides, I relish the chance to MOD these into something truly good.

Very good point, plus some of these lime green pieces could always go to my Poison Ivy greenhouse.

And it has said bike.

Bad news below.

Let's face it though, have there been any sets recently that haven't had silver in? :laugh:

Funny thing being, thouse that do I don't want to take apart, and now that I have silver I can't think of anything to do with it anyway! :laugh:

Um... cool!

Sounds nice, hopefully it works a bit better than some of the Exo models.

Sorry to bring bad news but the bike is orange not red... :cry_sad:.

Yeah, I'm going to kill you now.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Sorry to bring bad news but the bike is orange not red... :cry_sad:.

... damn.

Funny thing being, thouse that do I don't want to take apart, and now that I have silver I can't think of anything to do with it anyway! :laugh:

I know what you mean. I love getting the rarer colours in sets, and then never get round to use them either because I can't find anything to do with them or because I don't have enough.

Sounds nice, hopefully it works a bit better than some of the Exo models.

I'm wondering if that small drill will be able to combine with some of the larger sets, especially the biggest one. Because it's possible that the big drill-machnie is just the right size to look 'normal' on the front of the big set.

... damn.

In the words of Two-Face: Double Damn.

I know what you mean. I love getting the rarer colours in sets, and then never get round to use them either because I can't find anything to do with them or because I don't have enough.

Yeah, that is a problem. Not a bad one really as you still gt the colours, I guess deep down I want more grey bricks for buildings.

I'm wondering if that small drill will be able to combine with some of the larger sets, especially the biggest one. Because it's possible that the big drill-machnie is just the right size to look 'normal' on the front of the big set.

Good point, though the drill machine is great on its own. I wonder how these monsters turn out, they look slightly larger than minifigs, like the Mars Mission Alien Commander.

... damn.

Yeah, that is a problem. Not a bad one really as you still gt the colours, I guess deep down I want more grey bricks for buildings.

Good point, though the drill machine is great on its own. I wonder how these monsters turn out, they look slightly larger than minifigs, like the Mars Mission Alien Commander.

EDIT: How did this "Dounbling Up" thing happen!? I only pressed the "post" button once!

And "double post".

I'm wondering if they might be a bit like the CW Rotta the Hutt, but with legs. And did someone mention moving mouths, or have I made that up?

EDIT: How did this "Dounbling Up" thing happen!? I only pressed the "post" button once!

Especially as they both appeared in one post. :wacko:

And "double post".

I'm wondering if they might be a bit like the CW Rotta the Hutt, but with legs. And did someone mention moving mouths, or have I made that up?

Especially as they both appeared in one post. :wacko:

Yes there mouths move and they are smaller or equal in size to 'figs.

I also got my Club Magazine yesterday, and i think i might have managed to make a better picture of the "monsters", by using much light:

dsc00377wz7.th.jpg

Click to enlarge.

Actually, these look pretty fine to me now!

It looked on the box pics like the monsters were different in each set, but perhaps they are all in the same mold.

I also have the Lego magazine and the monsters look like they don't have opening mouths or moveable legs.

I just wish I knew what was going on in the background on the largest Power Miners set...

Ah crud, it's LIME and ORANGE, not sand green and red. I knew the colors were probably wrong in the first pictures! And wait - BLUE AND WHITE PILOTS? Okay, I draw the line at that: this is the UGLIEST color scheme I've ever seen in a lego set. :sick:

On the plus side, I am liking some of these designs - and there's still a lot of great pieces. I just am not nearly as happy as I hoped I would be. :sadnew:

their mouths do open as i said in an older post and as you can see in the pictures.

if i remember correctly their are a couple of different monster molds or colors

I really don't like this theme... flashy colours and ugly pieces... but that's only my point of view .

Honestly, I view this theme as a parts pack. Only two, maybe three, of the designs intrigue me at all. The color scheme is so bad, though, that I'll probably just use the sets are parts supplements for MOCs with green or red color schemes (READ: OR).

I still like the drill thing.