Set Name: Space Minifigures

Released: 1983

Pieces: 36 (including minifigs)

Minifigs: 6

Brickshelf Gallery

Peeron.com

Bricklink

Brickset.com

Introcomment: As I reignited my love for Classic Space a few years ago, I decided to start hunting sets I didn't have. This small one fell into my lap very cheap. With box and minifigs in great condition. So now I've resized the pics and done the review. And NO I am NOT envious of this forum...really...I'm not....

6701.jpg

The Box.

The box is pretty neat. It has a very comfortable size (compared to modern boxes) and the back of it shows what you get.

I like the way they (TLG) split the minifigs and arranged everything neatly.

Front:

boxfront.jpg

Rear

boxrear.jpg

Sadly the box has seen better days. But it's age taken into consideration, I think it's just fine.

The figs:

minifigs.jpg

A fine collection of red, white and yellow space figs. Some great accesories to go as well. Not much more to say, except this was a great "army-builder"-set. A true must have for most Classic Space fans.

The verdict:

It's kinda hard rating this set, since it's a minifig supplemental set. No design or colourscheme to comment on. It has a lot of playability since figs will always come in handy when building/playing with your Space sets.

KimT

Thanks for the review KimT. :sweet: I gave this "Above Average". I believe I had this one, but it was so long ago... I'm still a bit freaked out by the yellow ones! :tongue:

When I emerged from my Dark Ages I kept thinking "gee, I miss the people packs", but now that I have over 500 mini-figures I don't feel that way anymore. Even so, I wish they would re-release some of the classic old ones. :grin:

I voted "above average" as well, but back in 1983, I would have probably gone much lower. Sadly, I wasn't as interested in minifigs at the time. I appreciated the ones I had, but I really just wanted ships or bases, and would have gladly passed this by for something with one or two figures and a small moon rover. I skipped all of the classic minifig sets, space, castle and town. :cry_sad: It was only upon coming out of my dark ages that I went minifig crazy.

For me, this is above average because of the accessories. Without them, it's an average set. With a small brick built droid or a rover, it would be outstanding.

That said, I'd buy at least 10 copies now, though I'd rather have a 4 figure set with one of each colour including blue. I never had blue back then. I think Castle lured me away.

Thanks for an interesting review! It gives me a chance to further explore why I changed from ship/set to minifig fan and bore all of EB with it. :laugh:

An ancient set revived from KimT's collection! Just take a look at the box art. :tongue:

This is one classic space minifig pack which deserve high rating, and I gave it above average. I never had any of these classic space figs before. If TLG could ever released this again, I am pretty sure I will grab multiple packs without a glimpse. You need to build your space agents/astronauts with a little bit of accessories added to explore the unknown space. I love this pack very much. Thanks for sharing! :sweet:

I wonder why this set had no blue or black astronauts? Whatever the case, I always loved the small minifig sets that Lego released, as I could never get enough astronauts. My favorite was the set of Futuron astronauts.

Why would the yellow astronauts freak you out, Sinner? Is it because they look nekkid? ;-)

Pretty nice set, but the newer minifig packs had greater variety in both the figures and equipment. My favorite one among all of them is 6704, which is also the only instance of both Blacktrons appearing in one set.

I wonder why this set had no blue or black astronauts? Whatever the case, I always loved the small minifig sets that Lego released, as I could never get enough astronauts. My favorite was the set of Futuron astronauts.

I think the blue and black guys hadn't yet been released at the time of this set.

Why would the yellow astronauts freak you out, Sinner? Is it because they look nekkid? ;-)

You bet! But this set is still the most freaky...

2585-1.1121896974.thumb2.jpg

:look:

You bet! But this set is still the most freaky...

2585-1.1121896974.thumb2.jpg

:look:

it's timmy and a nudist with the trains logo tatooed to his chest :wacko:

Edited by maiq the liar

He does have a cape, a cap and a bandana around his head.

That's not the same as being bare as when born.

2585c.jpg

EDIT: Oh yeah, he's also got red gloves on as well

BTW What does this have to do with the 6701 Space Minifigures review?

Wearing a cape, hat and bandanna and nothing else makes it creepier!

I voted below average since I'm not a very big fan of Classic Space. :sceptic:

*GASP*

*GASP*

I second that.

Both!

(Wait, does that make it quadrophic? :wacko: )

Good set, nice accesories, and a good source of yellow figs, which seem to be rather rare...

It's Nude man! When he flys his butt whistles! Don't turn your back on him! :tongue: Anyone who spends time on the internet should get the reference, I am lucky enough to own both shows on dvd :P

Staudie.

Edited by Stauder

it's timmy and a nudist with the trains logo tatooed to his chest :wacko:

The train logo tattoo kinda makes him look like some kind of insane train worshiping cultist.

Hail to train lego, master of moving by lighting!