BlueBard

"Around the Red Siren"

Hi everyone! Finally after a lot of work and difficulties I'm proud to present you this PierMOC in which I've been working this last month! :pir-sweet::pir_yoda:

I've called it: "Around the Red Siren"

around_the_red_siren.jpg

Here you have some big general shots of the front, the left, the right and the back.

Store's interior:

04_store.jpg

Some street scenes:

21_street_2.jpg

14_p_and_s.jpg

23_what_are_you_looking_at.jpg

16_shit_cleaner.jpg

17_spy.jpg

19_caution.jpg

20_sieur_de_la_vignolle.jpg

22_special_guests.jpg

Some special guests here! :pir-wink:

24_downloading.jpg

26_fishermen.jpg

30_lawyer_and_leper.jpg

The lawyer as kindly as often... :pir-tongue:

31_big_shark.jpg

And now interior shots from the tavern, first the attic:

11_taverns_attic.jpg

The second floor:

37_close_that_door.jpg

41_suicide.jpg

46_corridor_2.jpg

43_conversation.jpg

45_meeting_2.jpg

Now, the first floor:

50_away_that_monkey.jpg

53_innkeeper_and_client.jpg

54_meeting_with_the_pimp.jpg

57_pier_guards.jpg

60_guybrush_2.jpg

A gentlemen who wanted to be a pirate and likes chesse... :pir-tongue:

I present you the two artists: BlueBard (MOC builder) and Sieur de la Vignolle (the photographer)! :pir-classic:

61_bluebard_and__sieur_de_la_vignolle.jpg

62_bluebard_and_sieur_de_la_vignolle.jpg

And don't forget the main gallery :pir-wink: (when public) where you'll find many more photos!

I would to say thanks to everyone who has helped me here with this MOC, with advices, ideas, suggestions and inspirations! And specially thanks to Imperialshadows and LuxorV and many others for their decals, and ZCerberus for his idea of the magnetic roof! :thumbup:

Hope you like it!

COMMENTS ARE MOST WELCOME! :pir_yoda:

I'm happy to see this project of yours turn out so very well.

You've put a lot of detail and humor in this.

And it's got a very high playability factor (with the MOCs begin open on the back).

This one will score very high in my favorite pirate MOCs of 2008 list.

Nice :thumbup:

Excelent details, like the emptying of the bucket-o-poo, "sneaky man in barrel", the guy defending his kitchen and the crane with the shark attached (I had allmost the exact same idea for a crane :pir-tongue:) . And again, like with the other mocs from you that I've seen, you managed to capture that "alive" feeling again.

That gentleman in the 3rd to last picture was trying to sell "some fine leather jackets" to me the other day :pir-grin:

IT's very nice.. I like it alot! You can really tell that there's something going on in the city. It's very living. Excellent moc.

Awesome!

Those decals fit on perfectly! What paper and Printer do you have?

I want these torsos:

973p39.png

973p3q.png

973p3b.png

973p3r.png

It seems a more Cheaper way to do it, But how do yours turn out so well!

And I love the Mermaid statue!

Poor shark... :pir_bawling:

EDIT: What size do the decals have to be?

Edited by Joey Lock

Wow! I've always loved models like these. Awsome details. Fantastic MOC.

--- Swab

This one will score very high in my favorite pirate MOCs of 2008 list.
Very nice job, I like your figure arrangement. :thumbup:
Nice :thumbup:
Awesome!
Wow! I've always loved models like these. Awsome details. Fantastic MOC.

--- Swab

Wow, you're really fast with your comments! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :pir-blush:

That gentleman in the 3rd to last picture was trying to sell "some fine leather jackets" to me the other day :pir-grin:

:pir-laugh:

41_suicide.jpg

What is going on in this scene, exactly? The photo itself is titled "suicide," but it reminds me more of the scene in the Godfather where they ask Don Corleone favors.

"Don Corleone, I am honored to be invited here for this, the day of your daughter's wedding."-Luca Brasi

What is that putrid green slime coming out of the barrel? :pir-sick::pir_wacko:

That, Kaiser Wilhelm, is a combination of feces and urine.

Edited by Norrington

Thanks for your comments! :pir_yoda:

What is going on in this scene, exactly? The photo itself is titled "suicide," but it reminds me more of the scene in the Godfather where they ask Don Corleone favors.

"Don Corleone, I am honored to be invited here for this, the day of your daughter's wedding."-Luca Brasi

LOL Yes, you're right, the admiral's face really looks like Bonasera's when he asks a favour to Vito Corleone in the first scene od The Godfather :pir-tongue:

I had no time to explain the scenes! :pir-grin: What I wanted to show here is a retired Imperial officer (the one in the bed with the pistol and handless...) who has decided to kill himself and his old boss, the admiral, has coming to his room to comfort him :pir-classic:

Awesome!

Those decals fit on perfectly! What paper and Printer do you have?

I want these torsos:

973p39.png

973p3q.png

973p3b.png

973p3r.png

It seems a more Cheaper way to do it, But how do yours turn out so well!

And I love the Mermaid statue!

Poor shark... :pir_bawling:

EDIT: What size do the decals have to be?

Well, I cheated a bit here because I use to print them in the office, where we have a big professional printer :pir-tongue: Nevertheless most of these decals have been printed in home using a Dell AIO Printer A920

All the torsos you're looking for can be found in the amazing Great Pirate Torso Library :pir-wink:

Concerning the decals' size it really depends on each one :pir-sceptic: I recommend you to make a preview in Paint before printing it and compare the size on the screen with the real torso you're going to use It's the best way :pir-wink:

Concerning the decals' size it really depends on each one :pir-sceptic: I recommend you to make a preview in Paint before printing it and compare the size on the screen with the real torso you're going to use It's the best way :pir-wink:

I put them in paint but they came out all Bitty:

Torsos-2.jpg

I put them in paint but they came out all Bitty:

I know, it happens some times. :pir-sceptic:

I said the size really depends on each case but try to change the resolution of the image instead of its dimensions (Changing dimensions you make the image smaller but changing the resolution you'll only change its "print size" so the torso will be more detailed) I often use a program called Ulead Photo Impact for that but almost every image program has the "resolution" options. Excepting Windows Paint... (Thanks again Microsoft! :pir-hmpf: )

Hope this can help you! :pir-wink:

BTW, I think these questions would be more helpful in the Minifig Customisation Workshop. :pir-look:

Great MOC with a lot of details and so much action! The buldings are cool, although I'd probably build all walls for them, one of them being easily removable or hinged for full access. Just a matter of taste though. And of course big thanks for using characters from my comic in such an excellent MOC, I'm truly honoured :pir-classic:

Great MOC with a lot of details and so much action! The buldings are cool, although I'd probably build all walls for them, one of them being easily removable or hinged for full access. Just a matter of taste though.

Thanks! :pir-blush:

Yes, it would have been cool to "finish" the buildings but I was really out of bricks. I'm working on a vessel and I was needing bricks for the two projects :pir-classic:

And of course big thanks for using characters from my comic in such an excellent MOC, I'm truly honoured :pir-classic:

You're welcome! :pir-classic:

A very busy street scene. Awesome!

The guy cleanin' up after the horse, priceless.

Now, the girl in the room, is she surprised to be seen by someone naked, or is she " doing her job", which would be the oldest profession?

Really nice MOC!

'ey, Bluebard, what set is the green fire from? 'Cause I think it would make great seaweed in something I'm thinking about...

'ey, Bluebard, what set is the green fire from? 'Cause I think it would make great seaweed in something I'm thinking about...

I might not be bluebard, but still :pir-tongue: : they're from the divers theme (and yes they where used as seaweed :pir-wink: )

Thanks everyone for all your nice comments! :pir-sweet:

Now, the girl in the room, is she surprised to be seen by someone naked, or is she " doing her job", which would be the oldest profession?

She's surprised to be seen naked :pir-tongue: but actually I had the idea of re-creating one of the first scenes from "Cutthroad Island", the man in the bed and the girl, half naked and aiming him with a pistol (I don't remember why... :pir-look: ) The problem was that I realized the bed was too small and no bigger bed could fit in the room so I chose an alternative solution :pir-grin:

As Fluyt says they're from Divers Sets (1997), specifically from this one:

6442-1.1180386792.thumb2.jpg

and ZCerberus for his idea of the magnetic roof!

Where can I find some more information about this magnetic roof? I'm curious about it. :pir-tongue:

Here you have a shot of the ZCerberus famous magnetic roof! :pir-sweet:

It's nothing spectacular but a very clever way to have roofs for your buildings without fixing it permanently :pir-wink:

For more information I think you should ask him directly :pir-grin:

Here you have a shot of the ZCerberus famous magnetic roof! :pir-sweet:

It's nothing spectacular but a very clever way to have roofs for your buildings without fixing it permanently :pir-wink:

For more information I think you should ask him directly :pir-grin:

I thinks its spectacular way of doing the roof :pir-hmpf_bad::pir-angry::pir-grin:

i also think this is a spectacullar MOC! You are continuing your high standard of Harbor MOC's, lots of humor used and very entertaining

10/10 :thumbup::thumbup:

regards Cpt. PB

I thinks its spectacular way of doing the roof :pir-hmpf_bad::pir-angry::pir-grin:

i also think this is a spectacullar MOC! You are continuing your high standard of Harbor MOC's, lots of humor used and very entertaining

10/10 :thumbup::thumbup:

regards Cpt. PB

Thank you very much! :pir-blush:

Concerning the roof, what I meant saying that was not spectacular is that is not a complicate or hard way to do a roof... :pir-grin: I think it's simple and very very efficient if you want a removable roof for your buildings! :pir-wink: