Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

SirNadroj's First Steampunk MOC: The Airship

indexed.gif

Salutations! ;-)

I present to you my first steampunk MOC: The Airship (what an original name, huh? :-D ) Go easy on me! X-D

So it's just a simple airship, I don't have much to say about it....some propellers, and peices attached from the large propellor to the basket are the Doc Ock arms from the 4+ line. The Indy whips are supposed to be wires. I wanted to find some use for them uncoiled! :-D I also photogrpahed a couple steampunk minifigures.

1-22.jpg

2-22.jpg

3-21.jpg

4-21.jpg

5-20.jpg

6-15.jpg

7-14.jpg

10-6.jpg

Captain:

8captain.jpg

Engineer:

9engineer.jpg

Feedback's really appreciated since this is my first! Thanks for looking! :-)

Great job Jordan! Though, the first 4 pictures don't make any sense! :-P You made perfect Minifigs to go with it as well! I love the use of the Indy pieces in this! I'd love to see more like this.

Though you should take an overall pic.

*y* *y*

Edited by Exobuilder

Beautiful!!! *wub* LEGO should make an entire steampunk line with airships, boats, robots, tanks, etc. ;-)

First, I'm gonna have to say very nice photography! Especially the shots of your minifigs! It makes me think it's the introduction to some story or something. Maybe we could see some more steampunk from you then. 8-| This is a really great job! The detailing is wonderful, all the valves and hoses, and there are some very creative uses of parts here! The Doc Oc arms and the Indy whips are genious! Since I've never seen those specific pieces used like that before, I'm gonna assume that you're the absolute genious here.

Another great MOC Sir Nadroj, thanks for sharing it with us. The use of the flute pieces is brilliant, IMO. It's especially impressive as your first Steampunk. You've captured the feel wonderfully.

Unfortunately, there are those out there who rabidly believe that steampunk doesn't belong in the space forum, so I'm moving this to Other Themes.

Great job and thanks again! *sweet*

I have to echo the nice use of the flutes and figs. The basket is nicely done, if not a little studdy :-P My one criticism would be the props...they don't seem to be held up by anything. Those four things around the perimeter look more like tubes of some sort, though if they are for structural support they need to be beefier...I'd suggest a central column though.

Nice use of the Indy whips and the Indy side saddle bags. I think that the Engineer is a great fig but the trans/blue goggles don't look steampunkish, I would revert to black ones.

Also, I'm a bit confused, how does this machine move laterally?

For a first attempt SirNadro, this is a very good effort, better than anything I could do! I really like the smart use of Indy pieces, like the whip (which looks great as wiring) the satchel and the Indy Sr. shirt and trousers. The overall shape too looks very steampunk-ish as well, as do the minifgs!

Great going! *y*

Wow, a fantastic creation you have here! Fantastic use of the IJ whips and satchels, and of the 4+ Doc Ock arms! *y* Very Steampunk! *y*

EDIT: And great use of those flutes? Where did you get so many? (Wait, I know, Bricklink, right? X-D)

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Great job! *wub*

The Doc Ock arms and Indy pieces are put to very good use, especially those whips *wub* The flutes and binoculars work very well as exhaust pipe type parts too. The minfigures are also great, but I'm not so sure about using those blue goggles :-/

Overall, another great one of your MOCs, and a brilliant first try *y* *y*

Wow, that's really good. Very imaginative use of pieces.

Quite impressive photography, also.

Sir N ya know, I came across this on Brickshelf and just knew I'd have to congratulate you on your crossover to the steampunk theme. I must say your being too modest for such an original and unique creation. The use of the indy whips for wires is fantastic and the doc ock arms just give it that distinguishable cartoony sirnadroj look. I'm surprised this hasn't recieved more replies.